Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
1043 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P9Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodwolfe.ca/
- Phone: 6044281043
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French / American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Josh Wolfe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night
A word from Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
GoodWolfe kitchen & bar is first and foremost a friendly neighbourhood restaurant. We celebrate the finest of ingredients and strive to create the most memorable meal possible in a unpretentious and welcoming environment. We create west coast inspired food with a European edge. The wine list is made up of wines from around the world and we pride ourselves on a constantly updated cocktail and beer menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (21)special occasion (19)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)notable wine list (12)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- First timeSidwain10Dined on 4/19/2014The food was great and the menu size was just right. While the drink prices are good I think the wine prices are too high. The service was good and made some good suggestions. We will definetly be returning.Special Features:
- Great Find. Will definitely go backsharonjDined on 4/19/2014Delicious food. Great for a group of friends. Nice waiters and excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Went for a Saturday night dinner, myself, husband and a friend of ours. Made a reso, heard it was a hot spot so didn't want to wait. Not busy upon arrival at 6:45, however it did fill up. My first impression when selecting a drink was $22 for a glass of wine?! That's a bit expensive, and there was only 4 to choose from, I think the cheapest was $18. Dinner was just OK nothing really stood out. The boys had steak frites, I had the pasta. Steaks $42, pasta $26 - not badly priced and great scallops, but the sauce was soupy.
- DisappointingtraveleatVIPDined on 4/5/2014From the service to the food, this restaurant is disappointing, which is a shame because the reviews we're good and the website looked great. Where do I begin?! The service was awful- not only did it take about 15 minutes for us to get our first drinks, the server would ignore some of us. She would ask a couple of us what we wanted, then the next person would start ordering and she just walked away. We were a table of 12 but still- her only table and she was just so slow. The food was low quality- the only saving grace was the house made bacon. Other than that- they seemed to not be able to handle an order for 12 people. About every other dish was incorrect, and most of the food was cold. This place was empty during weekend brunch...
- Yaletown's newest is its bestHSCfanVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great people, food, wine list and menu selection. From unique bar snacks and share plates to savoury comfort entrees. BC wine offerings galore. The only place on the continent where all of Painted Rock's reds are available by the glass or bottle. Excellent options for gluten-free and vegetarian diners. Lots of regular diners here. Fun and warm ambience. Especially love 80s music themed Friday nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TOPSZNDined on 3/30/2014This place is truly one of the greats in Vancouver....great service and incredible food! Don't sleep on this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Coq au Vin surprised usshibainuVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our Coq au Vin surprised us when it arrived, as it was served in a white sauce. It was absolutely delicious and terrific value! The shaved salad was also beautifully presented, very refreshing, and adequate for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish we'd visited before nowMartyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Good Wolfe's appearance on OpenTable actually spurred me to go try it; they've been open over six months which somehow escaped me. Very glad that we finally did get around to visiting, as that was one of the best value meals we've had in quite a while. Charcuterie Plate good, esp. the Tartar which was outstanding. Beef carpaccio was weakest appy, a little under-seasoned but lovely texture. Ratatouille lasagne good, still a little bite left in the chunks of zucchini. Coq au Vain stole the show - perfectly-cooked chicken pieces with crispy skin still on, delicious cream & gewurtz sauce, just enough bacon, and the best spaetzle I've ever had. For $19!? Barely finished it, no room for dessert. GW just went into our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulASmithDined on 3/22/2014This was my 4th time eating at Good Wolfe and I think each trip has been better than the last! The Coq au Vin with Spaetzle might just be my favorite dish in the whole city. Service is great too.Special Features:
- Having dinner at the bar tablecrossoverVIPDined on 3/21/2014If i consider this place as a bar, the food is a bit pricey. If i consider this place as a restaurant, then it's too noisy to have a comfortable conversation without yelling. I don't understand why they built a raised platform area because nobody would want to sit against the platform where your face is literally 6 inches away from the foot of the diner sitting above you. We ordered the smoked chowder, deep fried squid and coq au vin - all delicious. The daily special halibut dish was v tasty ($34). Service was friendly except that Mr.Good (one of the owners) only seemed to interact with those who ordered wine. Having a full serviced meal while sitting at the bar table is strange to me. I know i won't return despite the good food.Special Features:
- A good place for a light meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2014A good place for a light meal. Had a salad and steak/frites. The food quality was quite good and the presentation was pleasant. The servings were perhaps a tad on the light side, but I do not regard that as a bad thing, given the enormous servings in other places that encourage overeating. My companion had a halibut dish that was also very well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy, ok serviceMCDinerDined on 3/14/2014I've walked by Good Wolfe many times and decided to finally try it. The noise level was loud. Had to yell across the table to talk to my friend. Service was spotty. It was busy so we got our food late. She didn't even ask if I wanted another glass of wine with dinner. Felt like her other bigger table was a bigger priority. Don't think I'd want to return here again.Special Features:
- First time at Good WolfeonecrazycupcakeDined on 3/8/2014It was our first time here and the service was great! The food took a little longer than expected and our biscuits were underbaked. Other than that we enjoyed brunch. It was a good experience overall and we look forward to trying dinner and the house made bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant in YaletownEstherVIPDined on 3/7/2014Had a great time here with delicious meals (coq au vin & braised beef with risotto). Freshly baked bread was a treat to start. The sauce with my coq au vin was rich but delicious, and I especially enjoyed the crispy bits of the spaetzle. I think I could have used a sharper knife to cut the chicken (not that it was tough, but just difficult to cut). The beef was very tender with great flavour. The price of the entire meal (two entrees + two drinks + dessert came to around $70) was very fair. Service was friendly and unpretentious. Definitely will come back!Special Features: