Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
200 Inverness Drive West
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.invernesshotel.com/
- Phone: 3033977105
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:00am breakfast buffet / 6:30am -11:00am Menu Mimosa Sunday Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 1:30pm Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30pm Menu / Monday -Friday 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Herwerth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Erin Reynolds at 303-397-6303 for your private party inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Reynolds 3033976303
- Special Events: For special events and offers, please visit www.InvernessHotel.com.
A word from Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
The Garden Terrace restaurant is a local favorite. The Mimosa Sunday Brunch attracts people from all over and has been voted "Denver's Best Brunch Buffet" (Westword Newspaper and citysearch.com) and features over 100 freshly made, all-you-can-eat brunch items. The Garden Terrace also has a wonderful á la carte menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (37)special occasion (21)good for groups (16)scenic view (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (9)romantic (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pleasant atmosphere for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2008Pleasant atmosphere for two or large group. The buffet was well laid out with plenty of space (except around the omelet station) for the various food stations. Everything was well presented and appealing to the eye.Special Features:
- We have dined here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2008We have dined here many times by ourselves and with friends and have always had great food and great service in a very pleasant atmosphere. We would recommend the Garden Terrace at the Inverness to anyone.Special Features:
- For the money we were paying,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008For the money we were paying, they could have at least given us cloth table cloths like they did in the next dining room. When we booked we were booked for the "ballroom" and they set us in the "dining room". They set us in the dining room and it wasn't until I saw the ballroom that I realized what an upgrade it was. Piano player, pretty surroundings and white table cloths. We had regular tables with no cloths, no music. We were all paying the same money. Was not much regular thanksgiving food, lots of fancy food though. Since it was Thanksgiving I would have rather they focus on the traditional foods rather than unusual expensive foods or at least advertise the difference in foods. FABULOUS dessert bar though.
- It was a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2008It was a great experience - food was outstanding - many different dishes of great presentation, and interesting combo. Didn't feel rush, and very relaxed.Special Features:
- Food selection was large.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2008Food selection was large. Food was fresh, hot and delicious. My only negative feedback is the pot roast was dry and the gentlemen cutting the meat gave me a portion to feed my 5 year old (small).Special Features:
- As always, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2008As always, food and service were wonderful. I've always been pleased dining at Garden Terrace.Special Features:
- Wonderful Sunday buffet brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2008Wonderful Sunday buffet brunch with many seafood items. Attended 2 banquets there and had excellent salmon entrees.Special Features:
- Food displays and "eye candy"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008Food displays and "eye candy" of surroundings was very good. Some difficulty with handling the small portion plates in hot serving trays; this led to using serving tools to take these small portions off the small plates instead. In at least one instance, the hot serving tray cover was very loose and hard to keep on the food tray (in need of repair). In three other instances, the very heavy ceramic covers for specialty hot items were too heavy to manipulate. There could have been some guidance by the wait staff to locations of key selections or groupings. We never found the crab clusters until after eating our dessert. And overall, the buffet is starting to become pricey for us. However, we still enjoy the overall ambiance.Special Features:
- The freshness, quality andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2008The freshness, quality and the variety of the seafoods are great, but the sushi rice was way too sweet. The garden terrace was very close to the bar therefore very noisy, I don't know if it's always like that or we just happened to run into a group of very noisy and drunk people.Special Features:
- Good food, great value. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2008Good food, great value. We dined during the Saturday night Seafood buffet. There was a great variety of choices. The dessert station was an added plus!Special Features:
- The waiter didn't pay us anyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2008The waiter didn't pay us any attention, and he didn't seem to care about how he served us. I was VERY disappointed that the gratuity was added to the bill, because I would have much rather not tipped our waiter. Maybe excluding the gratuity would make your servers do their job. I don't think I'll be returning to Inverness to dine
- My group of 10 enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2008My group of 10 enjoyed the seafood buffet. It was spectacular!! Will definitely enjoy it again!Special Features:
- The service was very promptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2008The service was very prompt and professional. The food was very good as well. I would definitely go back if in the area.Special Features:
- Great, great brunch. LotsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2008Great, great brunch. Lots of different selections prepared by expert chefs and presented beautifully. They even brought out a special birthday dessert once they found out we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- The Seafood Buffet at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2008The Seafood Buffet at the Inverness is a wonderful dinner with excellent food in small portions--this makes a buffet-style dinner perfect because you don't eat too much with one helping of one item. The fresh seafood is prepared exquisitely and is one of a kind--especially the shellfish! The oysters on the half shell are the best around. It would be nice to have more intimate dining space because the dinner tables are in a large room, but overall, the experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- My wife and I discovered theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2008My wife and I discovered the Garden Terrace on our wedding night and enjoyed their (once) great buffet. Here we are 11 years later and each time we have visited over the past few years, the buffet has been getting smaller and smaller (the price hasn't). The food is still fairly good, but there are fewer items offered. The ice sculpture they used to have in the center of the salad bar was a very nice and classy touch, but it went away a few years ago. Regardless of price, I feel they would do a lot better by going back to the way they used to be.
- We have been to the "SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2008We have been to the "Sunday Brunch" before and we loved it.... This time we brought guests.. a couple from Australia being some... We thought that a 12:30 reservation would guarantee us the availability of the whole buffet. It looked like it was the end of the day and there were many items never replaced and the other portions were not plentiful, so all of us could not have a taste. The carving "attendant" was not there, but was over with the other emplotyees at another area and we had to go and find her each time. The server was a nice young man, but hardly ever came and cleaned our table, etc. I noticed that for the summer, the help is very young and must be either interning or just there summer job. As Inverness members, not happy!Special Features:
- I have been going to the InvernessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008I have been going to the Inverness for about 15 years or so. As such, I have enjoyed the great seafood selection over these years and have recommended this place to my friends in Colorado Springs. One thing, which happened this past Saturday (July 19th, 2008), which was out of the norm for Inverness. After we had finished dinner and closed out the bill (i.e. about $120.00), I asked the hostesses if I can buy a couple of chocolate covered strawberries for my roommate who could not make it to dinner since he was ill. The hostess proceeded to check with the restaurant manager who asked how many strawberries I would like to which I confirmed just two. He said the will open a new tab for $8.95 for these two strawberries. I kindly refused. FYISpecial Features:
- Although the food and atmospehereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2008Although the food and atmospehere were excellent, the service was somewhat unattentive. Several times I had to make room on the table by carrying plates and tableware to the waiter at their station so that we could return to the brunch buffet for more edibles.Special Features:
- Seated in a quiet corner butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2008Seated in a quiet corner but that also meant that wait staff did not come past very often. Needed to ask for water twice after being seated and responding "yes" to the original inquiry at seating.Special Features:
- - This survey is a great ideaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008- This survey is a great idea and an excellent instrument to measure customers’ satisfaction. - I was disappointed by the fact that too many of the main dishes (hot plates) in the seafood buffet had bacon or pork. This is insensitive to the dietary needs of your Muslim and Jewish clients. - Given that I was disappointed last week and once before by the same issue, I will not return to the restaurant. Hussein AmerySpecial Features:
- I have been a patron for 10+OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2008I have been a patron for 10+ years. I'm really sad to see that the selection and quality of food on the Sunday brunches is only 50% of what it used to be. 5 years ago I would have given you 5 stars across the board. I was really hoping that if we came on a holiday there would be a bigger spread again. In my humble opinion this has been a poor management decision, but I understand it has to be weighed against cost in a very tough industry. There are so few locations in south Denver that had the spread you used to for brunch. I really miss it and would even be willing to pay more to have it back.
- We had been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008We had been to the restaurant in February and the food was very good. This time, most of the fish offerings were very dry. Our reservation was for 6:30, so it was not late in the evening. In a group of 6, 5 agreed, the 6th was not a fish eater. Since this is a "Seafood Buffet" I would expect much better. Maybe just an "off" evening?
- We arrived at 12:30. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2008We arrived at 12:30. The prime rib cutting board had one small piece of prime rib the size of a small pancake lying on the board. I asked the server if more was coming. She replied "yes, I'll bring you some". I went back three more times and there never was any more - except the same answer. By 1:15 I told our waiter. He went back to the kitchen to solve the problem. Finally he came back with apology saying they would substitute it with a New Your strip. We waited another fifteen minutes and someone from the kitchen came out with one plate and a little piece os beef for two people and another excuse. By this time I would have thought the restaurant manager would have been involved. He was standing around talking to his help.
- I filled out a comment cardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2008I filled out a comment card given to me by my waiter. This has been mailed in, and the restaurant has it. I will not repeat myself here. Sunday brunch would be nice with champagne/mamosa option, only water, coffee and orange juice were offered. Management never came around to see if everything was alright or to thank us for dining there. That would have been very classy. I'm paying $30 per person. The "experts" should know the little things that make an event special. Then satisfied people return for another time. FYI: Ameristar-Blackhawk has a great champagne Sunday brunch at half the cost. We had a great time at the Garden Terrace. Hope these ideas help you. We will come back again.Special Features:
- It was a very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2008It was a very nice experience and I plan on going back. The price for the quality of the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Provided special birthdayTechgramDined on 5/25/2008Provided special birthday desserts and allowed me to be charged as a child, due to lap-band surgery and limited capacity.Special Features:
- My wife and I really loveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008My wife and I really love Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel, it's so romatic. Foods and wine selection, service and atmosphere are outstanding.Special Features:
- Buffet not woth $42. HadAndyDined on 5/11/2008Buffet not woth $42. Had to ask repeatedly for (mediocre) rolls for the table. Prime rib carving was fat and gristle. Main food items were plentiful, but dessert selection was limited. Would have expected a glass of champagne to be included at that price on Mother's Day. Overall, a disappointment for the price.Special Features:
- extremely disappointed inOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008extremely disappointed in the service. Mothers Day brunch was nice but not once did the waiter come by with a refill of water, tea or orange juice. had to ask each and every time for a refill. while this might seem small, it really is the only service he needed to supply to the table other than bring the check and get a tip. It was too much like get them in and get them out. the wonderful food was spoiled by the inattentive service. I will not return for the brunch again.Special Features:
- We had a party of 8 and IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We had a party of 8 and I obviously made my reservations online. We had horrible seating placement. Next to the food which was loud and distracting. Everyone who got up to get food came through us or around our table. I felt if I had called and made the reservation we might not of been placed in such an undesirable place, which I would do next time to make a verbable request for seating. It felt as though I called on Saturday and was given this spot in a last minute reservation, when in fact I thought I made the reservation with plenty of advance notice as not to get such a horrible spot. I will not likely use this service again for this expensive of dining.Special Features:
- We absolutely love their buffet,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008We absolutely love their buffet, the only thing we think that needs improvement is their desserts. Their pastry chef has never produced anything very spectacular. We try all of them and head on over to the kids table for "normal" tasting cookies instead of their bizarre desserts.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008The food was excellent and worth the price we were charged. However, our server, Jeff, was relatively non existant. Luckily, the gentleman taking care of the next station made sure that our table (as well as the two directly offsetting ours) were taken care of during the entire meal.Special Features:
- Overall the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Overall the experience was good. It was a busy Mother’s day and service was a little slow as a result. The two complaints I have are that all the warm food was cool to cold, pancakes, prime rib etc were either too cool or cold. The second compliant was the quality of food; it really seemed like institution food that was heat and serve. It showed in presentation and taste.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful. FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Absolutely wonderful. Favorite place in Denver. The staff worked like dogs, and really cared about keeping the buffet stocked. The piano music from the bar was really relaxing. Suggestions - waiter should offer bread with dinner (had to ask), would love to have fried shrimp added. How about a frequent dinner discount - after six dinners, get one free?Special Features:
- I was anxious to try thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008I was anxious to try this Easter brunch, so made reservations weeks ahead of time. I must say, it was a mistake! We stood for 45 minutes waiting to be seated only to watch a party behind us with the same number of people be seated ahead of us. The waitress never came when we were seated so we helped ourselves to the buffet. I finally had to call the waitress over to get drinks for the table. The fruit ran out and was never replenished and the service was poor at best. I will not plan to eat at this restaurant again and will tell all of my friends and aquaintances to not bother trying this restauant. The cost of this meal did not reflect the service and food.
- A little disappointed. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2008A little disappointed. Service was pretty bad and the food was just mediocre.
- We felt that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We felt that the food was wonderful and the best brunch we have found. We have had reservations for Easter several years in a row. The service always leaves much to be desired however. We return year after year for the food. This year was the worst yet. Our table was cluttered with dirty tablewear and we never had plates cleared throughout the meal. We were without drinks for the entire meal and finally had to go to the hostess desk to ask that a waiter or waitress visit our table. When asked for refrills on drinks, the waiter assured us that he would have them immediately. After 20 minutes, we had to ask again that a waiter be found for us. Seemed to be many "managers" wondering around, but very few waitstaff!Special Features:
- Everything was great untilOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Everything was great until it came time to get the check, it took us over 20 minutes to get the check, then it was wrong and we had to wait for it to be changed as well. Other than that we would return againSpecial Features:
- Great food and service. BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Great food and service. Brunch is over-priced for kids.Special Features: