Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
200 Inverness Drive West
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.invernesshotel.com/
- Phone: 3033977105
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:00am breakfast buffet / 6:30am -11:00am Menu Mimosa Sunday Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 1:30pm Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30pm Menu / Monday -Friday 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Herwerth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Erin Reynolds at 303-397-6303 for your private party inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Reynolds 3033976303
- Special Events: For special events and offers, please visit www.InvernessHotel.com.
A word from Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
The Garden Terrace restaurant is a local favorite. The Mimosa Sunday Brunch attracts people from all over and has been voted "Denver's Best Brunch Buffet" (Westword Newspaper and citysearch.com) and features over 100 freshly made, all-you-can-eat brunch items. The Garden Terrace also has a wonderful á la carte menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (41)special occasion (25)good for groups (19)scenic view (15)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- My husband and I went forjulialbDined on 2/17/2013My husband and I went for our anniversary brunch and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. Both my husband and I tend to eat mostly the seafood and salads; creamy lox, succulent chilled shrimp, salmon, shrimp cocktail, Asian prawn salad. Also the small plates of crispy buttermilk chicken on grits were a favorite of mine,and the sausage in the breakfast area was cooked perfectly, had a great flavor and my husband loved them. Everything was wonderful and we look forward to returning. Also, we enjoyed the piano music too!Special Features:
- Was there for Sunday Brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2013Was there for Sunday Brunch, which was very good. Food selection was great. There's also a make-your-own Bloody Mary station. Very good overall Brunch experience.Special Features:
- Food is excellent. The seafoodSolidVIPDined on 1/27/2013Food is excellent. The seafood is all served chilled which is a bit disappointing (I love warm crab legs and these were served on ice). The service is OK at best. Getting server's attention is challenging and I found myself not getting served several times when I was in line for crepes, omelettes, etc... I do recommend the facility, but be prepared to be ignored at times.Special Features:
- Garden Terrace...Ultimate BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013We find the Garden Terrace to be the ultimate in brunch because of the food selection which is unique and very high quality. The atmosphere in dining is perfect for enjoying and being able to hear conversation because of the noise level of the restaurant. The service workers are efficient and friendly. All in all, the Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel is the best we have found in Denver when we want to really enjoy a brunch with our friends and family.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013The Sunday brunch is unbelievable! Great choices and very well prepared. The service wad fantastic also!Special Features:
- Excellent food in selection,Mac5762Dined on 1/13/2013Excellent food in selection, presentation and quality. The service was exceptional. The best brunch we had in a long time. Highly recommend for individuals, couples and families.Special Features:
- Excellent champaign brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/1/2013Excellent champaign brunch buffet ! However, our mimosas took 15 minutes to arrive, bussing to remove used plates was slow, refills on mimosas were also slow. Ambiance was great with a live piano in the background. Free parking and valet service a plus. Easy to get to.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and value whenvisitoftenDined on 1/1/2013Fantastic food and value when compared to other higher end brunches in the area, great job Garden Terrace !!!Special Features:
- Morning service is greatlyRecommendedDined on 1/1/2013Morning service is greatly improved from what they provide during dinner hours. Much of the food between breakfast and dinner is the same, but the cost is much less at breakfast ($56 versus $33). Considering the quality of the food, I believe that going during breakfast is a good value. The added cost for dinner, for similar food, plus the poorer service make dinner something I would not recommend.
- The food quality was poorRecommendedDined on 12/31/2012The food quality was poor for the price they charge. They try limiting how much you serve of more expensive foods, such as oysters, by locating them behind areas that bottleneck from normal traffic flow. They also seat you as far away from the buffet as they can. Service was subpar, requiring you to request additional utensils for those they take away while you are at the buffet.
- Went for Sunday brunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/30/2012Went for Sunday brunch. Food was delicious but service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Incredible buffet ! ThereJackDined on 12/25/2012Incredible buffet ! There are so many exceptional dishes its hard to know where to start. The shrimp was excellent as was the raspberry French toast. Sushi was great. You could spend the entire morning at the dessert tables. All around exceptional experience.Special Features:
- The variety of food on theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012The variety of food on the buffet was outstanding. I think there was something that everyone would find enjoyable. The presentation was beautiful. I enjoy the more gourmet items and there were many choices available. The staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- a variety of food stationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2012a variety of food stations meets every taste and the food is excellent. Having friends who are gluten free, I do not remember seeing any labeled that way. Of course, I was consciously looking for any such labels. A person should monitor taking small portions to enjoy all stations.Special Features:
- went for the special buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012went for the special buffet that is only offered in december. Food was excellent, and the service was as well. Too bad they only have this particular menu 3 times a year.Special Features:
- Very nice indeed - an excellentmegletteVIPDined on 11/25/2012Very nice indeed - an excellent brunch with lovely piano music playing, looking out over the golf course. The fact that one could see planes I. The distance taking off and landing at Centennial airport was an added bonus for my airplane loving hubby!Special Features:
- a little disappointed. theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012a little disappointed. the food was not up to snuff. the turkey and prime rib table was chinsey - had to beg for more than 2 oz ea. probably won't go back for a few years.Special Features:
- The Perfect Thanksgiving Buffet!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012As always, the Thanksgiving Buffet was wonderful! There wasn't even one dish that was less than perfect. What always impresses us is that the waitstaff and those at the buffet tables are so comfortably friendly. We enjoy this occasion immensely and it makes the Holiday season start perfectly.Special Features:
- Not a spectacular Thanksgiving mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012I was disappointed in the quality of the food at the Thanksgiving buffet. Nothing was particularly outstanding or memorable--just OK. The quality of the foof didn't match the high price. It was just rather ho-hum, and I was hoping for something really great. The green salad was particularly lacking in vegetables. I was seated facing a concrete wall, which didn't help. We had better food last year at the Altitude restaurant for less cost. We will return there next year. The desserts didn't have that homemade taste--more like quality was being sacrificed. The vanilla bean waffles were great! The servers were great--the best part of the meal, unfortunately.
- Prime rib was cooked to perfectionCarolDined on 11/22/2012Prime rib was cooked to perfection but was sliced wrong, so it was tough. Also, I felt the turkey should have been sliced to be more presentable instead of chunked.Special Features:
- Brunch at the Inverness isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Brunch at the Inverness is one of my favorite meals!Special Features:
- Great Bruch Locationbj48Dined on 11/4/2012Second visit, excellent service, excellent selection of mostly very good food.Special Features:
- I and a friend celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012I and a friend celebrated our birthdays at the Sunday brunch. It was magnificent, as always, this time punctuated by the marvelous piano music that was right by our table.Special Features:
- Fantastic mid-week lunch buffet!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2012Food was awesome. We chose the lunch buffet but menu items looked incredible. Fantastic fajitas, salad bar and main entree choices. The dessert bar was loaded with petite size choices so you can try several of them. Service was attentive and the view was really nice of the golf course. Perfect for a quiet business lunch or lunch with a friend.Special Features:
- Amazing food and outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/28/2012Amazing food and outstanding service! By far the best brunch in Denver.Special Features:
- We have been to champagneLisasteveDined on 10/28/2012We have been to champagne brunch several times and they have great food with a great staff. I would recommend this brunch to anyone.Special Features:
- Uh...pretty poorIknowqualityVIPDined on 10/27/2012We had breakfast on a Saturday morning. The service started off fine and then completely disappeared. True, we both had the breakfast buffet (overpriced at $15/person but better then the $12 items on the ala carte menu) so only our coffee, tea and water required follow-up attention - but there was none! The buffet had a good assortment to choose from but the quality was lacking - stale muffins, breads, and bagels, unremarkable fruit (no berries, just melon and citrus), good oatmeal but limited toppings (no nuts), bacon/potatoes/sausages lukewarm in silver service pans, but a decent omelette station. I could have handled the unremarkable food but it really bugged me to see 5 servers taking to each other while ignoring patrons. Not good.
- An absolutely wonderful brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012An absolutely wonderful brunch. We enjoyed ourselves so much we ended up spending 3 hours.Special Features:
- Pay extra & go to the Brown PalaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012We were a party of 9; we were placed at a table that had us split up. There was lots and lots of food, but all was substandard; prime rib was tough and tasteless; shrimp was plentiful, but like rubber.
- Service was exceptional and2kids2aduDined on 9/23/2012Service was exceptional and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Service staff needs seriousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Service staff needs serious work. took 10 min to bring water refill after i asked. took 20 min to refill mimosa and bloody Mary. reached over me while eating to fill water and almost hit me. if i wouldn't have pulled back. food was good . good variety as well. but after spending 86.00 for two people i expected a little better service.
- First visit. Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012First visit. Food and service very good. Good selection.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012The food and service were excellent,as they usually are.We had one minor complaint about the prime rib being over-cooked and slightly tough.An unexpected adjustment was made to our check to compensate for the beef.We were already full of the rest of the delectable hot and cold dishes. The cold seafood offerings are superb.The boiled shrimp are already peeled.The lox, oysters on the half-shell,and snow crab were delicious.We think the dessert bar is the best in the Denver area. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- A Colorado GemFGL1Dined on 8/26/2012For the past 23 years they have done an outstanding job at this feast. The food was perfectly prepared on all fronts. The breakfast items were plentiful and well done - even eggs Benedict. The variety of salads is always a treat with some really special preparations. This week on even used tender pieces of lobster - Yum! The seafood bar is my favorite - shrimp, oysters, and crab - can't get better. The service is great - our wait person was pleasant and prompt, attentive not pushy - very nice. Of course the live piano music during the buffet was superb. We go often and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Lives up to its ReputationwgwghwVIPDined on 8/26/2012We went here because we saw that it was rated the best Sunday brunch in the Denver metropolitan area. It more than lived up to that billing. From the atmosphere and soft piano in the background to the service to the quality and variety of food and drink, this was the best brunch we have had. The make your own Bloody Mary bar, the omelet station, the fresh shrimp, crab legs, fruit, and desserts are all outstanding! We saw several friends and neighbors who obviously discovered this before we did. Highly recommend for a great Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012The food was absolutely delicious with so many wonderful choices on the lunch buffet and menu. Everyone was happy with their choices. The wait staff were cheerful, very observant to the needs of the people at my table and catered to our every need! We will be coming back as it was a wonderful experience and a great mid-day break from work.
- Brunch at the TerraceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Great selections and very good quality for the buffet. Menu is also well rounded and very conducive to a lovely post-match meal. A perfect 19th hole!Special Features:
- Been going to this brunchvisitoftenDined on 8/12/2012Been going to this brunch for many years, thought the service was great we believe it has improved over the last few months. The wait staff was very attentative !!Special Features:
- Food was fresh and preparedCtraneVIPDined on 8/12/2012Food was fresh and prepared well; service was a little slow and unobservant. The pianist was the icing on the cake. It was a perfect setting for a lovely, casual brunch. We will go again soon!Special Features:
- Great variety and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2012Great variety and excellent quality. We all enjoyed brunch and will be back.Special Features: