Hillside Supper Club
300 Precita Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Hillside Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillsidesupperclub.com/
- Phone: 4152856005x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm (Closed Tuesdays), Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For catering info, please email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We host many private dinners; whether it is 10 people or more, we can create a menu that will suit everyone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: From Bart- 24th Street Mission Bart Station. Walk down 24th Street, take a right on Folsom leading to Bernal Hill. We are located on the corner of Folsom and Precita at 300 Precita Ave.
From Muni- Depending on which muni stop, locate Folsom Street. Take Folsom Street toward Bernal Hill (South), 'til you have reached Folsom and Precita.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is the best option.
A word from Hillside Supper Club
Hillside Supper Club is a little gem restaurant with a hands-on approach to food and wine. Tucked away on the North slope of Bernal Hill, Chef/Owners Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton use classic old-world traditions to fabricate a menu embracing the importance of our seasons. A Supper Club where everyone is welcome; never stuffy, always comfortable. Come as strangers, leave as friends…Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hillside Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (21)romantic (18)great for brunch (17)special occasion (15)notable wine list (13)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Good food at a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2014This was my second visit to Hillside. I find it very charming and homey, tucked in the corner of an apartment building. The service is attentive and pleasant. The food is good but not great -- a high bar, to be sure, but on the other hand they did have same day availability for reservations on a Saturday. It was no bargain ($100 for two without wine), so I guess I would have wished for the food to be more of a knockout. But no real complaints, except perhaps for the $3 bread fee, which I didn't happen to notice on the menu. Worth it, though.
- Another Great Evening Of DiningSFAcadiaDined on 4/14/2014It has been a year since I last ate at the Hillside Supper Club. The service was excellent, the glass of beer I had with dinner was refreshing, the cornish game hen was cooked to perfection and my strawberry shortcake was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunchFatHappyDrunkDined on 4/13/2014Rarely have I left a brunch so full and satisfied. The eggs are obviously fresh and from happy chickens, evidenced by their creamy dark orange yolks. The salads and greens were crispy and dressed perfectly. Bottomless mimosas, friendly service that isn't pretentious or pushy in any way. Go now before they get too popular and well known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchRyGuyVIPDined on 4/13/2014Took the reccomendation to some at Hillside by a coworker and was extremely pleased. From the younger server who created us at the door to our server, everyone was extremely hospitable and provided excellent service. Of course the Mimosas with fresh squeezed juice and bloody Mary's were great. The menu offered a great selection of fresh simple ingredients with amazing flavors. We will definitely be back for brunch or dinner on our next visit to San Francisco and our local friends in the Noe Valley are planning on heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet neighborhood bistroabsjrDined on 4/12/2014I'd really rate this place 3 1/2 stars. The food was creative and had some hits (bruschetta with pea puree, pesto) and misses (goat pot pie: crust good but filling so-so). Service is friendly, personal and unhurried. There was a tasty amuse bouche to start. One off note: as we hesitated about ordering dessert, the waitress raved about a chocolate pudding concoction that turned out to be a big disappointment. We had the impression she was trying to help the kitchen get rid of it. Prices were OK except the wine list, which was all >$40/bottle. The cozy low-key atmosphere made up for some of the down sides, so overall we had a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious ,JGC1VIPDined on 4/3/2014Everything was delicious , creative and imaginativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderrattedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Expected it to be good but was excited to find it was even better. This is definitely underrated for food and service. The ambiance is romantic cheerful and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service, good food.DebbieDined on 3/29/2014We were a party of 6 that came for Sunday brunch. Of the ~15 tables, only three were full. There were 2 servers standing behind the counter. Just to get coffee ordered took ~ 20 minutes and then only half the order came after another 20 min. wait. Our food order took another 20 min. and then over an hour to be served. The service was so poor at every turn that every single person in our party said it would prevent them from ever returning. The service was such a shame because the ambiance is quite nice, the prices are reasonable, the menu is terrific, and the food was very good (once we finally got it). Unfortunately the poor service significantly overshadowed all of this.
- A must go!!JanetVIPDined on 3/24/2014The food and service are consistently outstanding!!!Special Features:
- nice yet falls a little shortOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014Good food. Nice ambiance, in a nice neighborhood setting. Service and portions could have been better. Maybe it was an off day. Portions for the price did not match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Club" Worth JoiningGlutenFreeVIPDined on 3/21/2014I have dined at the Hillside Supper Club on three occasions. Each time I've enjoyed courteous service and delicious food. Each dish is nicely prepared with quality ingredients. We had three starters: Mussels with pecans, steak tartar, and Nona's meatballs. Each of these provided nice tastes for the three of us. The mussels were outstanding. Main courses were the day boat scallops; the chicken pot pie, and the braised short rib. I have had the "piggy:" pot pie in the past. The chicken one provided the same buttery crust and delicious taste. All three of us had two glasses of wine, and the table had one bottle of Pelligrino sparkling water. The bill was $182.00, plus tip. It was well worth it. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbmccalmoVIPDined on 3/17/2014We came to the club because a friend of a friend situation. But we were impressed! Quiet and calm with lovely food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatadroVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food and service were top notch. tell are your friends to go. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in SFhellokelliDined on 3/15/2014Great location across from Precita Park and delicious brunch. I highly recommend the house-cured bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!KateDined on 3/8/2014Had a fantastic experience! Great, out-of-the-way SF gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!HannaVIPDined on 2/27/2014My friend and I wanted to try a new place; so we picked this, good choice; interesting menu, ambience of the restaurant very charming; service was great. Would definitely return here to try it again.Special Features: