The Q Restaurant & Bar (fka BarBersQ)
3900 D Bel Aire Plaza
Napa, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Q Restaurant & Bar (fka BarBersQ)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbersq.com/
- Phone: 7072246600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday thru Friday 11:30 - 2:30
Dinner Monday thru Friday 5:00 - 9:00
Saturday and Sunday 11:30 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Stephen Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from The Q Restaurant & Bar (fka BarBersQ)
The Q Restaurant & Bar is a new casual restaurant serving a well rounded selection of American fare, featuring Memphis style barbeque. We celebrate Barbeque as part of our American Heritage along with Fresh Fish, Grass-Fed Beef and Whole Roasted Vinegar Chicken and on Sunday's our famous Fried Chicken Day. We provide the distinctive choice of dining in modern surroundings while enjoying classic American dishes inspired by a devotion to quality and value. Our sourcing is focused on local, sustainable and organic product from the Napa Valley and the bounty of California. The space is young and fresh featuring black and white photography: 'The People and Places of Napa', beautiful oak details, excellent acoustics and an inviting marble bar. Timeless design by Stephen Brady evokes a social evening at home. Warm and attentive service accompany music with spirit and soul while you enjoy American Heritage cooking by Executive Chef Randy Lewis. Outdoor dining is available on our patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Q Restaurant & Bar (fka BarBersQ) - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
The Q Restaurant & Bar (fka BarBersQ) reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good Bar B QNapamelVIPDined on 1/24/2014A local favorite for a good basic dinner, but a bit expensive.
- Great Food, Great Service!JeanDined on 1/18/2014We had fantastic food and great service. They even removed the bottle of wine that we didn't like from the bill and brought us another that we really enjoyed. I'd recommend it to anyone!Special Features:
- Greatly improved!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/6/2014We all LOVED our meals and were delighted with the changes to the food since our last visit (admittedly months ago). The fried chicken was excellent, as were the cole slaw, corn bread & desserts. We loved that chef has greatly reduced the sugar content in the greens!I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is no flavor in theirOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014There is no flavor in their food. Worst meal I had in Napa.
- Delicioso!!NativeDined on 1/1/2014Unassuming gem of a find in Napa! First visit here, stumbled on this spot thanks to Open Table. The brisket and vinegar chicken were to die for! The key lime pie was just awesome. Nice beer and wine lists. Service was attentive and not crowding. Ambiance was the best in a long time. Love love love the cool mix of downtempo R&B playing overhead. I'd expect this style of service and ambiance in the City, not Napa. Bravo all the way aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG Delicious!Flowergirl53Dined on 1/1/2014We ate here New Year's Day for brunch. The blood orange mimosas were a perfect way to start a new year. The bacon avocado hamburger was cooked to order, and was delicious. I had crab with kefir lime, chili and garlic sauce. The flavors were a delightful accompaniment to the crab, which I usually like by itself. We will go back, there are so many more dishes we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttermilk Fried ChickenVineyardguyVIPDined on 12/23/2013It's a MUST have on Sundays or Mondays (bucket night!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special unusual eveningLocalsDined on 12/19/2013We were delighted to enjoy the special Indian dinner by visiting chef Neela. Everything was outstanding, and we looked forward to her next visit. Service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always think it's greatADNapaDined on 12/18/2013I always think it's great when restaurants change it up and having the guest chef was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMiamimattDined on 12/12/2013Great food excellent service. The chicken sandwich is amazing and the BBQ is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wings and BBQNevercomingagainNapanVIPDined on 12/7/2013We love the Q! Food is fab, ambiance great and staff is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow cooked food served slowlyNapaRegularVisitorDined on 12/2/2013I am from the Midwest, and here we eat barbecue from a restaurant when we don't have time to slow cook and smoke our own food. What you are primarily paying for at a BBQ restaurant is for someone else to take the time to do the slow cooking that you don't have the time and tools for, and hopefully you also get some culinary mastery of barbecue as well. To their credit, some of the food was cooked well. My baby backs were meaty, had a nice smoke ring, and were tender from low and slow cooking. The cole slaw was very tasty with overtones of crisp apple. Our waiter was nice. That's about the only good things I have to say about this place. Other than that it was slow, expensive, and very loud in the dining room.
- An ok placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/29/2013Food and service were good. However we were seated right next to the door in a corner, which is clearly not intended to be a seating area. We made reservations a few days ahead, so I didn't expect to be seated there. When I expressed it, I was told there is no space . And yes, the place was packed, but don't take reservations if you can't accommodate . Food was good though. Not too healthy but normal American food: barbecue was delicious.
- Overall it was a good experience.nursemomVIPDined on 11/29/2013Overall it was a good experience. The pulled-pork sandwich was a little dry, however, they provide a lot of sauce to make it more wet. I love deviled eggs so when I saw it on the menu I was thrilled. However, they were so salty it made them pretty much inedible. The manager was kind enough to take it off the bill. I like the kind of ambiance they were set up for, however, maybe because it was a holiday weekend, it just seemed as though they were trying to fit too many people into the space. It felt a bit cramped. After talking about our experience there, my family and I decided we could see us giving them another chance. They seemed to be set up for a good experience. I am chalking up ours to a busy holiday weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow servicenapadinerDined on 11/15/2013We were in the corner table by the door which was very drafty every time the door opened. Took 1 hour and 20 minutes for us to get our entrees, very slow, felt like our food was forgotten about. We didn't even order complicated entrees, pulled pork and brisket likely were at least partially pre-prepared. The worst part was that we could see in the kitchen and the staff didn't seem to be working that hard so we didn't understand the delay. The food itself was very good. The spicy chicken wing appetizer was as advertised and the blue cheese dip with it a very nice complement. Beef brisket very tender with good flavor. Loved the cornbread in the cast iron skillet with honey butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Q Rocks!ValMomDined on 11/2/2013I've been wanting to try this restaurant, as was glad to get the reservation, and enjoy it! My friend had the Fried Chicken sandwich, which she loved, and I had the Salmon sandwich. Unbelievable fries and dips, and goodness all around. I think my friend enjoyed her sandwich so much, she didn't share, so I'll have to go back and try my own :) Superb drinks, we had some delicious cocktails. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2013Service was very good, kitchen was slow; they were extremely busy, but the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out...WallyDined on 10/19/2013Able to get in on relatively short notice, not always a good sign but we've been here enough to know we were just lucky. The food and service are always great. Our favorite 'neighbrhood joint'....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Everyone was very attentive to our table. All plates were cleared quickly when done. Awesome service! My kids had a great time and really loved the coloring supplies and food.Special Features:
- We did not try any of theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2013We did not try any of the BBQ dishes and cannot comment.
- We had a terrific time enjoyingHappyBosnianVIPDined on 4/6/2013We had a terrific time enjoying the DDD-inspired items: grilled corn, smoked ribs, duck confit. Service was friendly and attentive. Funky setting with loads of eye-candy. Wished we had time to return on this trip.Special Features:
- Overall it was good despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/30/2013Overall it was good despite waiting an hour to get our food. They probably forgot the order.Special Features:
- Gracias!klytheflyDined on 3/29/2013Delicious Havana Night! Santos Perdidos were amazing and the mojitos were perfect. Thank you Q!Special Features:
- Food was fantastic, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2013Food was fantastic, service was attentive. We had a large party (8 people) and they had no issue taking care of us, though the space is somewhat limited. It was a lively crowd... and a little noisy for our party. But on any other night but Saturday, I bet it's great for groups. Much enjoyed.Special Features:
- Dinner was delicious, an eveningNevercomingagainNapanVIPDined on 3/16/2013Dinner was delicious, an evening dining outside romantic, Lizzy our server fantastic! Thank you Matthew and everyone for making a great date night for us.Special Features:
- Q is off the hook!CTBTMVIPDined on 3/11/2013We love Q... The staff is fantastic and the food "to die for"... Always love the fried chicken (like no other fired chicken you will have). This is one of our favorite restaurants... Try it as it is a can't miss. CTSpecial Features:
- waiter from heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Best customer service I have ever received bar none. everyone in or group of six loved their food. mine was just ok. the waiter bent over backwards to please me. then they took the meal off the bill even though I did not complain. now that's great service.Special Features:
- A little on the pricey sideWendyDined on 2/22/2013A little on the pricey side but the food was good and the service was great. We wouldn't go all the time but it was fun got a special occasion.
- Sunday Fried Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/17/2013Sunday night fried chicken and the best collard greens ever! Kitchen was slow preparing orders and we waited more than half an hour after our salad, then one dinner came completely wrong and had to be redone. Prices are moderate for Napa, food is good, imperfections can be overlooked, worth a return visit on perhaps a normal night. Noise level and crowded seating area were more bothersome than the food.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. EnclosedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Food was excellent. Enclosed patio area was warm and comfortable.Special Features:
- Service was a little slow,BandyDined on 1/31/2013Service was a little slow, but the place was busy so perhaps understandable.Special Features:
- AverageSteveDined on 1/26/2013Food was just okay. Ribs were chewy, my chicken not quite done (stuck to bone). Really cramped, they need to remove one table. Sever could have built check but never asked if we wanted to start with something to drink, which I thought was odd. May go back.
- We have noticed that the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/25/2013We have noticed that the food is uneven, which is so disappointing. We love the space and the music, and the service has improved with the new owners. Perhaps our latest dining experience reflected a bad night. We always have to order the wedge which is a single order generally split on 2 plates, but this last visit it was not split and there was not enough dressing or bacon, it was bland. The fish and chips had too much breading on the fish. The biscuits on the special were perfectly flaky and delicious, and if the ham that was tucked inside was not cold and there was more jam they would have been amazing. We will try this restaurant again but it will be awhile before we do.
- Food was good, but not Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/19/2013Food was good, but not Great! Server did not pour our $59.00 bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Bar b que for two is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2013Bar b que for two is a great sample of their offerings and quite a lot of food. will return.Special Features:
- I (and my cohorts) need all4sustainabilityVIPDined on 1/13/2013I (and my cohorts) need all my senses to experience a meal; when the combination of piped-in music and loud parties becomes deafening, I can't properly taste my food. That said, like almost every other place, the kitchen is unnecessarily "generous" with salt. We had deviled eggs, lamb sausage, so-so bbq brisket w. beans & cole slaw, fried chicken, and a side of wonderful vinegar-dressed red cabbage slaw. The lamb tasted mostly of pepper (not chilli), the chicken was generous and nicely cooked, the side of collards & ham quite good if a bit watery, the mashed potatoes fine, the order of skillet cornbread on the sweet side but pleasant. I like its adherence to organics and sustainability and wish I could recommend it--perhaps younger ears
- I chose from the special NYNAPARBHVIPDined on 12/31/2012I chose from the special NY Eve menu and it was fabulous, especially the Halibut "Oscar"...wouldn't mind seeing that available more often. They were very busy but didn't make us feel rushed and the noise level was lively but could still talk comfortably with table guest and "neighbors." The service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Firist time at Q and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/31/2012Firist time at Q and it was grreat. Excellent selection of dishes. Great service. Our group of 4 had a variety of different dishes. Pulled Pork, meat combo, mac and cheese, grilled cheese. All were very very good. Also the chicken noodle soup was excellent.Special Features:
- This place was great for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012This place was great for lunch! Met friends who have a small child and we really enjoyed the food and they had crayons to entertain the little one. Really great food considering it is in a shopping center.Special Features:
- Comfort food with an edgeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/28/2012Formerly called BarbersQ now renamed Q Restaurant and Bar. Always delicious. Comfort food with an edge. Love the Vinegar Chicken....tastes much better than it sounds and is addictive. Oh, the sauce is so good and served with sticky rice. Also, you can never go wrong with their pulled pork sandwich. Other items I enjoy: Wedge salad, conch fritters, brussel sprouts,chicken soup, fish specials.Special Features: