Harry's Savoy Grill
2020 Naamans Road
Wilmington, DE 19810Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrys-savoy.com/
- Phone: 3024753000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am – 12:00am; Saturday 4:30pm – 12:00am; Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:00pm, dinner 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Leo Banks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Harry's cater your next private party. Call Jenna Jackson for your next event. We can also cater in your home, office or wherever you choose!
- Private Party Facilities: Harry’s Savoy Grill can accommodate various private functions for up to 300 guests. For private dining events, corporate events, or wedding receptions, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Jackson 3024753000x111
- Entertainment: Please check our web site (http://www.harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-savoy-grill/events) for this month’s entertainment and events. Live music every Friday night from 5:00-7:00PM and Saturday night from 8:30-11:30PM.
A word from Harry's Savoy Grill
Harry’s Savoy Grill features award winning aged prime rib and Iowa beef, homemade pasta, raw bar, and fresh creative seafood. The antique bar with gas lamps, fireplaces, cozy booths, and courtyard dining create a casual fine dining experience. The wine list is a "Spectator Award Winner." Harry’s Savoy Grill was voted Best of Delaware Restaurant. It’s convenient to I-95, Route 202, the Blue Route & offers upscale private dining for up to 300 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Savoy Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (41)notable wine list (41)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great food and serviceFastEddieDined on 6/13/2014Had a good night at Harry's except for the fact we were seated beside a noisy group, they were having fun, but not everyone arround them wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood4UsDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time at Harry's Savoy Grill. Often saw it advertised on TV and thought we should try it when we were in DE. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and excellent service. Some of the best clams casino I ever had. Great softshell crabs and Scallops. We look forward to returning and dining there again.Special Features:
- great classy localAndiVIPDined on 6/8/2014consistently excellent food, big menu, great beef, nice bar selection. Sunday night Prime Rib Special is huge and hard to beat value and taste. service is good and reliable. we live in Philly, 45 mins. away and frequently stop at Harry's whenever our travels bring us through Delaware. You won't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerHuskerPrincessDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I were very pleased with our evening at Harry's. It was an anniversary dinner and everything we ordered was delicious. All of the wait staff was helpful and pleasant. It would not be the place for a very romantic dinner, but otherwise, it's a nice upscale but casual atmosphere for just about any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer control neededHarryfanDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten at Harry's several times and the food and service have been consistently outstanding. This time we were sitting near two tables with two couples each. The women at both tables were boisterous and laughing at the top of their lungs. It was almost like there was a competition between the two groups to see who could be the loudest (read that as obnoxious). The behavior was totally inappropriate for a fine dining establishment. I am quite disappointed that no one from the restaurant came forward to ask the offending patrons to tone it down. The customer is not always right. Finally, it was not just us. When the noise finally left, the couple next to us looked over and said, "Thank God!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's SavoycjgrogVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great place! Prime rib was the best I have ever had anywhere - both flavor and tenderness! Also amazing was the iceberg wedge salad - you won't find any better! They also have a great beer selection. Don't miss this place - we've lived here for 15 years, and first time we've tried it out since it's a 30 minute drive. Shame on us for not trying it earlier. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claireDined on 6/6/2014First time visit because I was given a mothers day paper gift cert for $150.00 from my son. Wasn't happy about being told by the bartender that I had to spend the whole amount in one visit. Left the balance as tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's does it againJPinDEDined on 6/6/2014All food was delicious. Beef and seafood cooked to perfection. Service was excellent. The lobster mashed potatoes are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gem, huge menu, good valueAndiVIPDined on 6/1/2014food was very good, and the menu vast. The wine list is more than adequate and moderately priced; staff friendly and cheerful, but wait staff is slow and not as attentive as desired. it was late (8:30 Sunday) but my blood sugar dived while waiting for any food and you had to send a search party to find the waiter. no water, no bread for an extended time, food came out slowly and the place was not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BenlibDined on 5/31/2014We waited a long time for our dinner to arrive after we ate our salads. Our dinner arrive hot and very good. The restaurant was very busy. It was hard to hear husband due to the level of noise. We were seated on the perimeter of the dining room. It may have made a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Return VisitOTFanDined on 5/31/2014Harry's is midway between friends' residence and our own so it is a great place to get together, about 90 miles from each of our homes. In spite of the busy Saturday night the service was excellent and pleasant. We enjoyed both seafood and steak, both of which were nicely prepared and presented. This is a reliable place for dinner and is worth the drive.
- greatfoodafteragreatshowDined on 5/31/2014We (a party of three) arrived about 40 minutes early for our reservation and the receptionist had us wait a few minutes in front of an almost empty restaurant. Our server arrived and we ordered drinks, an appetizer & our meal. The service was very good as was the food, the only negative we encountered was as the later dinner patrons arrived the noise level rose to an annoying level. We were lucky that our table was tucked into a niche partially protected by a partition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Meal !WBPJDined on 5/30/2014I have been going to Harry's for over 10 years. Food is always outstanding, Service is good, just an all around great place for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Harry's eveningEDocVIPDined on 5/30/2014As always Harry's does not disappoint. We ahd another wonderful relaxing evening at Harry's. Food was wonderful as was the presentation.Special Features:
- Lovely Experience!PrimeRibberDined on 5/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchMBHAYESVIPDined on 5/28/2014The food was delicious and it was quiet enough in the restaurant so you can hear who you are with. There were not many diners there though. I am not sure what it would be like during a busier time. Great spot for lunch.Special Features:
- rickDined on 5/24/2014The services,food outstanding be going there for yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Thai occasion was a dinner with friends to celebrate my wife's birthday. I was very impressed with how the staff handled a couple of my special requests and how smoothly they executed the whole dinner. Hat's off to Harry's!Special Features:
- The following 1272 reviews are from the Harry's Savoy Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014we had 3 different types of oysters blue points and 2 that were recommended by our waiter Will. excellent choices the whole dining experience could not have been any better. if you go ask for Will the waiter very professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerMandR07Dined on 5/21/2014The food was excellent! The waiter we had was ok. Nice ambience. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I got the Prime Rib that comes with a glass of Harry"s wine like always melts in your mouth. As a appetizer we shared the soft shell crab that was excellent.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Dinner to RememberKLRebDined on 5/18/2014My family took me to Harry's to celebrate Mother's Day with a belated dinner. It was the first time that my daughter's dined at Harry's and really enjoyed themselves. Of course, my youngest's favorite was Harry's Signature Gelato. Can't wait to go back again. Perhaps Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as AlwaysJRB1Dined on 5/18/2014Harry's Savoy is our go-to restaurant for special occasions and they never disappoint. My husband thinks their prime rib is the best he has ever had and the horseradish bacon mashed potatoes are fabulous! They had a new shaved Brussels sprouts salad which was very good. The menu has so much to choose from - there is something for everyone. The service was very good - attentive but not hovering or pushy. A delightful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a mediocre restaurantcriticaldinerDined on 5/18/2014The food was over-priced, poor quality and small portions. My wife liked the raw oysters - but that is hard to mess up since they are raw. The soup was tasty but lukewarm. The chicken portion was small. The lamb was grossly under-cooked and had a horrible crust. The drinks were mislabeled. If you mention thyme or cucumber , then you have to do more than put a sprig of thyme or a slice of cucumber in a drink. Some restaurants can get the flavor of the herb or vegetable into the drink. The bread was stale. A restaurant this expensive should be far better than Olive Garden, Outback or Carrabbas. This was inferior to the chains.
- DeandeanDined on 5/18/2014First time for brunch here it was good it took long for breakfast food to come out of the kitchen when the restaurant was not that busy I was a little disappointed in the service and normally its goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value Beef Restaurant87PrattsDined on 5/17/2014We crave prime rib every so often and Harry's is one of the most dependable purveyors in the Wilmington area. Comfortable, relaxed place if there is not some large, celebrating party going on - then the noise level gets to be annoying. Ask to sit in a booth at the back where large groups are not placed. Service is professional and accommodating to special requests.
- Great experienceroute796Dined on 5/17/2014Food and service were outstanding. And little things made a good impression. My wife and I were a little late, and the receptionist knew that our guest was already there and took us right to the table. When I had made the reservation online I indicated that it was my wife's birthday. So when the desserts came there was a "Happy Birthday" and a little candle on the dessert plate. My wife was touched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RMH0516Dined on 5/16/2014My husband and I went to Harry's to celebrate our anniversary and from the hostess at the front door to our waiter and bus boy everyone was pleasant. I would like to tip my hat to the chef because the food was awesome!Special Features:
- excellent food excellent servicedisappointedDined on 5/14/2014Harry's has the best prime rib around hands down. highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Our first visit to Harry's was on May 4, 2014 for our wedding anniversary. The ambiance of the restaurant is very nice but the noise level was very high for a romantic restaurant experience. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. My husband said the prime rib was the best he's ever had. It was a nice place for a special occasion but one I doubt we will go back to again.Special Features:
- fair disappointing dinnerasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Normally Harry's is one of our favorite restaurant's service 45 mins. to get food. Prime rib fair pasta dinner with crab and peas was not good. pasta overcooked..peas uncooked not edibleI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodJBNYCDined on 4/28/2014The crab cakes were very good--little filler, and a nice spicy sauce. The house chardonnay was very good. My companion's scallops were great.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysczippijrVIPDined on 4/26/2014One of our favorite restaurants! Ask for a booth in the back if your looking for a little more intimacy. Prime rib is always a winner. I had the salmon for the first time this evening and it was excellent! The apple crisp is the best dessert on the menu! I love the blood orange margarita too! The waitstaff is always very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- fooddeanDined on 4/26/2014The food was very good and they have a great spin meaning the dishes We love Harry savoy have had several parties and eat there for special occasions they never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive - small portionsSparkyDined on 4/26/2014Somewhat over priced for what is on your plate. A bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Ok experiencePauvidDined on 4/26/2014The food and wine were excellent. Our server was fine.We had apps, drinks, main course and dessert. The wait for the main course was a bit long (we didn't mind) and the manager and server both apologized which we greatly appreciated. My only complaint, and it is minor, was where we were initially sat. I had made reservations ahead of time and was expecting a seat in the dining room.We were led into the bar and sat in a crowded, loud corner between a stone hearth and a table full of people. Our table had to be pulled out to reach the seats, then pushed back essentially trapping us. It was also too dark to read the menu. Our courteous request for another table was granted, though with not a comment, smile or any concern from the hostesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinneridiversueDined on 4/25/2014As usual the filets were amazing but honestly the lobstermashed ppotatoes stole the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Great Neighborhood Friendeveroyw2Dined on 4/24/2014Best filet mignon I ever had , you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/22/2014I met a customer there for a quick meal and a chance to catch up. We both had fish, which was good. The one complaint about the service was that it was rushed. My entree was ready before I finished my salad - and I am not a slow eater.
- OUTSTANDING experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014This was our first time at Harry's Savoy Grill and this was truly an outstanding experience. The Food was outstanding cooked exactly as we asked for it to be cooked and the portions were great. The service was excellent from the receptionist to the waitress and the busboys everyone was exceptionally friendly and definitely customer oriented.Will definitely go back and would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features: