100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: 2127514840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)great for brunch (72)special occasion (72)great for lunch (71)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (39)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (26)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- We enjoyed our lunch and thesstewarrt3VIPDined on 5/2/2008We enjoyed our lunch and the excellent service, but the place got very noisy and eventually drove us out. I preferred the menu choices, food and ambiance at the "old" Brasserie, but will return to the new place often.Special Features:
- Staff is terrific. AmbiancePORTVIPDined on 4/29/2008Staff is terrific. Ambiance v. loud but enjoyable none the less. A lot of fun and food is first rate.Special Features:
- Delicious food, and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2008Delicious food, and really every dish was great and everyone was happy. Only complaint is that it was a bit noisy. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- We had a great server andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2008We had a great server and it was great to be able to take our time and not feel rushed to get through dinner. A really great experience - it was like being back in Paris!! I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We've been going to the BrasserieArlesVIPDined on 4/26/2008We've been going to the Brasserie for more than 40 years- it is one of our favorite places!Special Features:
- Everything was good exceptGLNCVIPDined on 4/25/2008Everything was good except we have to wait for awhile before they served us drinks or appetizer.Special Features:
- everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2008everything was good except it was too loud for a business lunch.Special Features:
- I was surprised at how datedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2008I was surprised at how dated this place felt. The food, except for the bread, and the lemon tart I had was inedible- two days later I am still horrified by how unappealing it was. I may still come here for lunch, but NEVER AGAIN for dinner.
- Ambience ok but prefer thatPeterBDined on 4/18/2008Ambience ok but prefer that of Brasserie 8 1/2. Service quite good. The food was generally very good. We were surprised (& disappointed) by the "garlic mashed" potatoes, which were seasoned strongly with nutmeg but without noticeable garlic! We did NOT like to have the baguettes lying on a bare tabletop where people sneeze, etc. Both esthetically and hygienically displeasing. If you're going to serve an ordinary, cold baguette in the middle of the table, at least put a sheet of butcher's paper down! The little wine decanters were attractive.Special Features:
- food is good and quickly served;OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2008food is good and quickly served; a bit noisy but lots of energy; good business lunch spotSpecial Features:
- I was very disappointed thatGreenNYCVIPDined on 4/15/2008I was very disappointed that when I confirmed my reservation the day before, the hostess specifically said, "I see you requested a booth." And then when I got there, my guest was already seated at a regular table. Especially since it was a business lunch with 3 people, and the restaurant is very noisy, the booth was our preference. But it was innappropriate for me to move my guest after we arrived. The Brasserie food is always consistently great Brasserie food, and it didn't disappoint.
- The food is always good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2008The food is always good. The service always pleasant. The atmosphere is lively.Special Features:
- Lunchtime is the world ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2008Lunchtime is the world of suits and ties at Brasserie
- Noise level completely dependentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/14/2008Noise level completely dependent on table location. The din can get LOUD/annoying at peak lunchtime. I have had good experiences there consistently... at the bar on a weeknight or at breakfasts or lunches. Other than the price and the noise I have no complaints. I am sorry our office moved out of the neighborhood as it became my 'default' spot.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2008I really enjoyed my dinner. The food was so tasty. I had the scallops with bbq pork belly and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was good but the restaurantSjspecsDined on 4/12/2008Food was good but the restaurant did not give me warm fuzzies. Everything seemed cold and almost too contemporary. The waiter was good but we didn't feel like we wanted to sit around and chat afterward. Not a place I would go back to if I was in town.Special Features:
- It was our first time to Brasserie.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008It was our first time to Brasserie. We had an enjoyable dinner, but we did not find anything remarkable about the food or venue.
- Steak tartare was amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2008Steak tartare was amazing!! It should be on the menu!! Scallops were great too.Special Features:
- Not nearly as good as it wasstevedonVIPDined on 4/9/2008Not nearly as good as it was years ago before the re-do. Too expensive and missing many of the old classic dishes. Everone in my group of six felt the same way.
- Hostess on greeting unpleasant;EatlingerVIPDined on 4/9/2008Hostess on greeting unpleasant; did not seat although table avialable 2 calls before dining to request verbal confirmation bathroom was dirty, soap container broken food not delivered in sequence This place is definitely going downhill!!
- Each time we visit New YorkPaulDined on 4/8/2008Each time we visit New York we tend to eat at the Brasserie and we have never been disappointed-good food and service.We will return on our next visit to NYC.Special Features:
- always good food. a littleStateguyVIPDined on 4/8/2008always good food. a little loud. but a good place in midtown east to go for lunch. i have been there many times, this is the first time i used opentable to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Brasserie is my favorite Sunday-morOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/6/2008Brasserie is my favorite Sunday-morning brunch spot--the best French toast in the city (or anywhere, as far as I'm concerned). The scene is always buzzing and the food is consistently good. Cocktails also good. If you can't get a table take a seat at the bar to eat. The one drawback is the noise--it bounces off every surface in the place and hearing your companions can be difficult, but not impossible.Special Features:
- A BIT OF A DISAPPOINTING EVENTRobLVIPDined on 4/6/2008A BIT OF A DISAPPOINTING EVENT -- HAD NEVER HAD THE BURGER IN ALL MY TIMES THERE.. IT WAS COOKED TOO MUCH AND NOT PARTICULARLY OUTSTANDING... FRIES OVERCOOKED AND WITH WAYYYY TOO MUCH SALT... DISAPPOINTING
- this is a wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/5/2008this is a wonderful restaurant I usually frequent for special occassions, but certainly not limited to that. Our server, Alan, made perfect recommendations and was very attentive.Special Features:
- 0 flavor in the crab cakes,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/20080 flavor in the crab cakes, the restaurant looks a little worn
- Love it Great for businessCrisDined on 4/3/2008Love it Great for business lunch Also great for lunch with friends and colleagues Great food Nice serviceSpecial Features:
- Definitely a different experienceFoodandwineloverVIPDined on 4/1/2008Definitely a different experience from the normal decor. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Love those that work at theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2008Love those that work at the Brasserie, they always make me feel special! The food is always good, presentation and taste. They really take care of their customers!Special Features:
- Polite staff -- competentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2008Polite staff -- competent service -- excellent food.Special Features:
- Would be a great businessOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/26/2008Would be a great business meeting spot if they could do something about the absurd noise level. I lost my voice shouting across the table and there were only 3 of us. Also, I have found I get much better tables when I don't book through open Table. My sample isn't huge but out of 5 dinners at Brasserie with colleagues in the past year they put us in the loudest spots if we book through the site (3) while we get a booth if one of us calls (2).
- Food surprisingly good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/24/2008Food surprisingly good, service very good, reasonable and varied wine list. They made the most of a fairly dull and corporate open space for the dining area.Special Features:
- Food is generally reliable,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/24/2008Food is generally reliable, meal is relatively fast, but it can be very noisy depending on where seated. Also, waiter description of entree was not accurate my last visit.Special Features:
- good for an always qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2008good for an always quality business lunch or breakfast. Perfect atmosphere, lighting and seating. Plenty goodSpecial Features:
- Perfect for our Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Perfect for our Easter brunch after mass at St. Patricks.Special Features:
- WE LOVED IT DESPITE THE CHILLY,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/21/2008WE LOVED IT DESPITE THE CHILLY, MODERN DECOR. FOOD AND SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. NICK & KATHY WARTELLASpecial Features:
- Absolutely perfect! DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008Absolutely perfect! Dining a little earlier as we did (6:30 pm) allows for a slower paced, more enjoyable experience. Our waiter was friendly and well informed and he answered our endless questions. Both entrees (sirloin and scallops) were perfect and the signature dessert is a must. I would (and will) recommend Brasserie to anyone who is willing to spend a modest amount of money on an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2008Great restaurant and excellent food and service. I noticed that it was marked as a "no show" in my records. Why?Special Features:
- Tried several apps, the tartareOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008Tried several apps, the tartare was great and the escargot was tender and tasty. Nice clean food with flavor (have to have the onion soup) went for lunch so not sure how the night scene is, but the chop salad looked great! EnjoySpecial Features:
- Everything was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008Everything was great. The whole experience was relaxing and memorable. I definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features: