100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: 2127514840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)great for brunch (76)special occasion (71)great for lunch (66)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (41)notable wine list (26)late-night find (25)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Citymomof4Dined on 7/1/2014The atmosphere at Brasserie was not at all what we expected, given the name, it looks more like a retro airplane interior than a French bistro. The food was very good, the service was not. We brought our 4 kids, who are willing to try different foods, and they loved the mussels and frites. I would recommend this place to people who want good food in a very loud atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically reliableIeatoutalotVIPDined on 7/1/2014You can always get great food and service here, a stand out for years. However on the day we went for a late breakfast, we were completely ignored. The staff seemed perturbed that we had the audacity to arrive after the breakfast rush and actually order breakfast. It won't stop me from coming back; I just will never do it at that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken chop-chop salad 5 *!!JustMeDined on 6/27/2014We hadn't seen each other for several years so had lots to catch up on...the service was very gentle during the 3 hours we 2 Ladies chatted. No rushing, no hassling, just very pleasant "do you need anything more?" The Chicken Chop-Chop Salad is super delicious--very tasty but light dressing and not chopped to a "mush".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseLovetoeatDined on 6/25/2014Have enjoyed this restaurant many times before noise level at lunch unbearable would have left but meeting a client. Food tasted institutional. Not as good as in past
- Great Brunch-- Great ValuesydbVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went here pre-theatre matinee on Saturday. Service was attentive; food was delicious; overall, a great spot for brunch. Had the beet salad as appetizer and eggs benedict ( with smoked salmon substitute instead of ham). Good spot to meet up with friends for quiet relaxing brunch.Special Features:
- Did not live up to expectationsLdausDined on 6/20/2014Ambiance was dull, only max 10 guests in resturant. NY sirloin was tasty but over priced. Great waiter.Special Features:
- Professional Staff and ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/18/2014Brasserie never disappoints. Staff are considerate, knowledgeable, and able to handle food allergies. The Manager is always present and walking around to greet guests. Onion soups is always a treat. Brasserie has become a home for my friends and me in midtown.Special Features:
- Unique spaceBobGDined on 6/18/2014The decor and architecture of the restaurant was unusual in that it reminded me of the futuristic space pavilions at Disney. Quite energetic for lunch, but abit loud for a business discussion, although the front of the restaurant may have quiter acoustics. Overall the service and food was very good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale restaurantRededDined on 6/16/2014My party of 5 was pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. All of my contact with the restaurant, prior to my arrival was handled professionally. The staff and waiters were all very friendly and helpful. The food was prepared and presented with expertise.Special Features:
- Everything tasted the same.JojoDined on 6/14/2014Once our food arrived, we never saw the waiter or any support staff until we needed the bill. There wasn't even an offer to refill our coffee; even when the food came & our cups were empty. We were happy to pay for more bottles water, only we never had the chance to ask for more. We seemed to be inconviniencing our waiter.
- Nice BrunchTravelerFromCADined on 6/14/2014We stumbled onto the Brasserie when looking for a brunch spot. I had been there about 10years before for a late night dinner. i was not disappointed. Food was good. Service was nice. Restaurant is still fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placeNeighborhoodgemVIPDined on 6/13/2014We went on Friday night. The place is beautiful, food is good, just it was empty. We ate and left to go to a different place for drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a fun spotRelentlessVIPDined on 6/12/2014dependable service and food, love the vibe, love the scene, food is good and dependable..Special Features:
- RKSamVIPDined on 6/8/2014We were there on a Sun. night after theater so the restaurant was not filled when we came in. We had drinks at the bar first and then sat down at our table. The service was excellent. We all ordered something different and every dish was wonderful. Highly recommend the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food again!harry684Dined on 6/8/2014Went on a Sunday night and found very few others. Guess that is normal for Sunday night in the summer in NY. Service was not up to its normal standard. Everything else was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way more than hot brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Our dinner was fantastic and the $35 pre fixe can't be beat! I had the fish stew and my colleague had a steak; salads were terrific as was cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishLechattigre102Dined on 6/3/2014The fish here is excellent, especially, the grilled fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive Service. Good FoodSheenaDined on 6/2/2014An excellent location for mid-town meetings. Food is generally good, though a French Brasserie that has run out of (plain) croissants is somewhat unusual. The service was lackluster. I do not expect waiters to hover, but dropping by every now and then to see if service is needed (e.g. a coffee fill-up, placing an order, would be nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- josephDined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed every aspect of our experience,food and service was great We look forward to continue going back whenever we are in the CitySpecial Features:
- DisappointingHarp28VIPDined on 6/1/2014I have lunched and dined at Brasserie many times and was dismayed to see that it was not holding up to its reputation. Food was great but service lacking and incidents abound. Orders were forgotten or misunderstood. All was rather slow, and the place was not even busy, check had incorrect charges.... Once a favorite spot, I would no longer recommend it... Sorry!Special Features:
- Fabulous!AuntieMarySrDined on 5/31/2014Perhaps the best brunch value EVER. The Brasserie offers a two course $20.00 brunch on weekends. A group of friends and I had the pleasure of their food/service/ambiance this past weekend. The restaurant is located in the historic Seagrams' Bldg on Park Avenue (its "sister" restaurant is the iconic Four Seasons) and has been there for decades. It has been updated with the times and provides a large airy space with generously sized tables (actually it houses two such dining spaces ). I choose a yellow and red beet salad with a generous serving of excellent goat cheese. A freshly baked, warm baguette was the perfect accompaniment. Perfectly prepared eggs Benedict topped off the meal. I had a complimentary bloody Mary - perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last resort place to eat midtownDsteinfDined on 5/29/2014Food was just ok. Fixed price menu is relatively cheap but on the other hand you get what you pay for. Wine list extensive but also expensive.Special Features:
- Beware of noise levelRinyDined on 5/27/2014This is a great place for dinner for 2 if you get a booth, but I would not return for lunch, especially in a large group. We were a party of 5 and requested the side room, thinking it would be quieter, but we really could not hear one another, the noise level ruins whatever else is good about Brasserie.Special Features:
- valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014Brunch prix fixe was an exceptional value. Service was excellent and accommodating. Substitutions were allowed. Drinks were not watered down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchBrianmsrDined on 5/25/2014Out First time to Brasserie and enjoyed it. Modern sleek decor. Food was fine for brunch. Service was average at best. Server was not overly attentive. I would however return.Special Features:
- RayDVIPDined on 5/22/2014Brasserie is an attractive setting in a great location. It manages to turn out great quantities of good food at an astonishing fast and effecirient pace. My recent experience suggested that high quality service takes a back seat to moving guests through the restaurant efficiently. Not a bad thing when your there for a lunch meeting but it can leave you feeling cold and somewhat unloved.
- The BrasserieGraciellaluv2eatDined on 5/21/2014While this is not The Brasserie of old that was open 24/7 this is a very good replacement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with the power brokersKateRoyalDined on 5/21/2014Excellent restaurant and experience all the way around. We met with a friend from London who was in NYC for a business meeting and it was definitely the place where all power brokers go for breakfast to start their day. Delicious breakfast, great service, gets very busy right away, and it is possible to have a private conversation in a full room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2197 reviews are from the Brasserie reviews archive.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Everything was perfectly executed, from the snails, to the fish and the fries.Special Features:
- Love this placeRelentlessVIPDined on 5/19/2014We always love this place, fun, good food, a tad expensive at the end but oh well, cheapter than a ticket to ParisSpecial Features:
- oldhippieVIPDined on 5/18/2014The food was great, the service good but there were little quirks. When I asked if I could have toast with my eggs, the waiter replied "sure all the toast you want". He never mentioned it was an additional $4.50 for one piece of toast. The same with tea instead of the mimosa on the menu. Don't mind paying for what I want but I feel like I was tricked. And too bad because it's a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PERFECT Quinticential NEW YORKInNYCDined on 5/17/2014Always to best place to go, when you want delicious food with an old friend. A great place for late dining, as they're open late every night, with a full kitchen. As you walk down the steps into the center of a dining room, you'll feel like a movie star, as all eyes will be on you...LITERALLY! They capture distorted images as you decens, and play them on the monitors above the bar! GREAT fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereSkh7Dined on 5/17/2014Had a lovely dinner there after matinee. Appetizers and dessert were good. I had the duck confit, which I thought could have been better. The service was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable QualityHedgehogVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food continues to impress with its quality and understated imagination. On a recent visit the mustard-crusted trout was a standout, and a decent value paired with a glass of Loire Valley wine for $30. Great standbys include the frisee au lardons and the lobster bisque, both among the best around. Service is competent though some of the servers could do with just a bit more personal connection to the table, as the service can feel a little transactional. Overall though, a really solid place and will keep coming back for more.Special Features:
- Modern yet elegant.NewinthehoodDined on 5/15/2014Everything about our dining experience was in the plus column. The menu offered a number of dishes we don't often see and the ones we tried were very good. The servers were attentive and helpful. Our waitress was superb.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 5/13/2014Food was fantastic. Very loud and difficult to carry on a conversation.
- Very chicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother for dinner at Brasserie and we loved the place. The food was great, and the décor was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingFrenchCuisineDined on 5/11/2014In all cases we have visited Brasserie we haven't been disappointed. The food is always delicious, the vegetables are fresh, and all dishes are well presented. The staff is very friendly and make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchUTVOLDined on 5/11/2014To be honest, the Brasserie Benedict was a little bland in comparison to past experiences. The service was excellent and our party had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's DaySpurgeonDined on 5/11/2014We loved the food and there was a nice selection for brunch. The service was good and did not feel rushed. The atmosphere was sleek and modern but felt almost like a cafateria with the white plastic chairs. We loved the grilled asparagus salad and lobster thermadore was nice. Dessert was lovely. My only disappointment with the food was the half dozen oysters. Barely any meat in them at all for $3.00 a piece.Special Features: