100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: 2127514840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)great for brunch (73)great for lunch (71)special occasion (71)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (40)hot spot (26)late-night find (25)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- great brunchbt181VIPDined on 8/9/2014best kept secret for brunch in midtown. food is amazing and $19 for two courses plus a beverage.Special Features:
- Great foodSjohnson88Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very good. My server was very nice and constantly came to the table to see if everything was good, I appreciated that. The food was a bit pricey but it was very good for the experience. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i wouldn't recommend itjojoDined on 8/8/2014The place is too noisy. It sounds like a market. The servicer was really rude to me. The food was nothing to be excited about. The steak was underseasoned so it is tasteless. I understand that they were busy, but it was a very bad experience.
- Always a good choicejcmeatloverVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went for a birthday dinner, the service was great. I mentioned it was for my cousin's birthday and the server brought out a complimentary dessert with a candle on it without my reminder upon arrival. The food has never disappoint, classic french dishes, great decor and atmosphere, good services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a family eventKatherineDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is surprisingly large, but the service was excellent, despite the fact that we didn't order alcohol. We asked for a booth and were glad we got one; at 7:30 the noise level from the bar was highSpecial Features:
- Disappointingmoorea11Dined on 8/7/2014Food was pretty good. Service was less than adequate. Restaurant was refrigerated so much that it was uncomfortable. Tables too close for a reasonable conversation. No privacy.
- Always goodSundaymanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Nice menu and wonderful service. Bar can be noisy so ask for a booth. Steak frites is a bargain given the rise in beef costs. Mussels are a gigantic portion. Price fixed menu is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice french inspired menuJaykkayDined on 8/5/2014We dined here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and wanted to have a beautiful steak with bearnaise sauce - it was delicious! Followed by a very generous Creme Caramel and a Chocolate tasting plate. Reminds us of the days where French restaurants ruled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Worm found in my wife's dish. Seems Vegetable did not get cleaned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French in MidtownMike55Dined on 8/5/2014If you want great French inspired fare look no further than Brasserie, super attentive service, great food and super friendly GM Andras, will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great for RW!JK47Dined on 8/5/2014I went here on a Tuesday for an early dinner with a friend. We both got part to start, which was fine. My friend got the duck and I went with fish - both were excellent! The beignets to finish were definitely the highlight, though - so good! And the little scoop of ice cream that came with the beignets came on too of this chocolatey crumble that I found irresistible. Recommended, definitely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodLoverDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant really impressed us. We went as part of Restaurant Week, and the staff were very attentive. Gave us excellent recommendations and the food was excellent with very good sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The service was great. I ordered a drink but the waiter came back telling me that they ran out, so he gave me a complimentary root beer drink. Also, for dessert, he gave us three deliciously flavored, homemade ice cream for free.Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014We went for brunch on a Sunday. We did the $19 prix fixe menu which includes a drink and two courses. Be aware that in New York, they can't serve alcohol before noon on Sunday. Food was very good. It was a lot of food.Special Features:
- Always great for Restaurant Weekthompso2VIPDined on 8/1/2014Although we come in between too, Brasserie is always on my list for Restaurant Week, because there are always plenty of good choices. This time, the gravlax, the steak, the duck, the chocolate mousse and the peach tart were all notably tasty. Don't miss the cocktails either, especially the French Cowboy!Special Features:
- Really goodrafavilardoDined on 8/1/2014Place is really cool. My wife loved the environment! Service was amazing, fast and always kindly. As every French restaurant, the amount of food is always small. I had the duck and my wife the steak, both were very tasty.Special Features:
- Very good food, very slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, though bordering on just not enough, but we made up for it with some excellent bread. The hostess and server were both very friendly, but the service itself was very slow. Our order wasn't taken until 45 minutes after we sat down, and this wasn't because of our indecision - with a restaurant week menu, our options weren't that large. Instead, the server was nowhere to be found. The food took quite a while to be brought out, but the worst was that the bottle of wine we had ordered was not left with us, instead the waiter took it away, so we had to keep asking him to refill our glasses, and he was often difficult to locate. Recommend it, but only if you're in a patient mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh..foodie1513Dined on 8/1/2014Duck was bad... onion soup was alright and thank God for the chocolate mousse. It bafles me the good reviews of this place regarding their food. Overhyped. Not coming here again at all.Special Features:
- MediocreJzy6Dined on 7/31/2014Interior is cool to see, but overall very underwhelming. Oysters were good but overpriced, lobster sandwich was bland. Surf and turf is a tiny portion. For the price, the food should be better.
- Fresh seafood and cleanNationalPharma26Dined on 7/31/2014Business dinner and my clients had a wonderful time Great preparations excellent wine and priced rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LLELA99Dined on 7/30/2014GREAT FOOD, ESPECIALLY THE ONION SOUP. THE DESSERTS WERE O.K. I LOVE GOING THERE WHEN IT'S QUIET--LIKE 3PM.Special Features:
- Great experience!JenniferVIPDined on 7/30/2014The prix fixe was very good and value for money for the quality of food and presentation that you get. It got a little too noisy around 12:30 pm, but the ambiance was otherwise fantastic once the lunch crowd came and left. The back part of the restaurant had very interesting decorations behind a polarized wall. See for yourself! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014The food was sub par all around. We ordered a la carte and off the restaurant week menu and all of us were disappointed. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week experienceRestaurantWeekEnthusiastDined on 7/29/2014My friends and I dined at Brasserie a few days ago to participate in Restaurant Week. It was very close to work for two of us, and we really loved the menu. The decor is very nice, but not overstated. Elegant, but not pompous. The host was very accommodating and friendly, and our waitress was great. I had the french onion soup as the appetizer, the duck breast for my entree, and the chocolate beignets for dessert. Everything was delicious. Although my beignets were served to me cold, they were still very good. Portion sizes were also generous. In the past, when I have participated in Restaurant Week, we would sometimes still be hungry at the end of our meal, but not this time. Would love to visit again, and try sister locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014Food was amazingly good as always. Service was top class!Special Features:
- Great for the most partMissGiGiDined on 7/28/2014We had a server who was very professional and took care of a lobster bisque soup that my boyfriend didn't like at all. My only issue was that he served me a dessert that had a thin layer of cake on the bottom after I told him I had a gluten allergy. I ate nearly half of it until I realized what was hiding underneath. He graciously apologized and gave me something else. All of the food was amazing aside from the soup. The service was on point. The setting of the restaurant is romantic and chic. I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be!POODLEDined on 7/28/2014So disappointing! The escargot was served more like an overlooked stew... Not at all what I expected from the menu description! The boulliabaise was simply tasteless! My husband ordered the cassoulet and said it was really disappointing! All three of these are our favorites in French food.. We order them every opportunity including in France.... These did not measure up at all!!!
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014I went to Brasserie with my gf for Restaurant Week dinner and it was absolutely brilliant; the food was wonderful and beautifully presented, it was brought out in good time, without making us feel rushed, and everything was wonderful! I cannot recommend this place highly enough, especially for the Restaurant Week; they did run out of the duck, but I had the chicken instead and would order it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliablebbordDined on 7/27/2014the food, service, and atmosphere is always nice and consistent. Never disappointing and always enjoyableSpecial Features:
- A TIMELESS CLASSICLadybug357Dined on 7/27/2014The Brasserie was a "go to" after a night of disco dancing in the late 70's early 80's. The ambiance and food was never disappointing and you never knew who you would see there. Fast forward to 2014 returning with my daughter for a birthday brunch, it was fabulous. Totally renovated and very trendy. Food, service and vibe still there.Special Features:
- great BrunchFoodie4localsVIPDined on 7/27/2014loved the brunch. Make sure you go after 12PM, they can only serve alcohol after 12 on Sundays. The service was great. The manager came over three times to check on us.Special Features:
- Service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014Constantly had to waive down waiter for everything! Water, food order, bread, more water. Was not in a hurry but it took 3 hours to dine. It's possible it was because of restaurant week but it was joke at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSleeDined on 7/25/2014Went for restaurant week and the food was great...loved every dish that came out. The dining experience was even better due to our waiter. Very courteous and thoughtful. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedFoodie1914VIPDined on 7/25/2014I had the omelette entree and the salmon filling was dry. The salad was ordinary and the fries were less well done than I like.
- Very attentive staff, great foodZalbVIPDined on 7/24/2014We requested a booth table, but none were available. The manager informed us shortly after we sat down tht a booth would be available in 10 minutes, and offered to move us there. He did, and it made out evening memorable. Food was outstanding as well, with wide selection. Diners at our table had steak and duck, very well prepared.Special Features:
- GreekGodVIPDined on 7/24/2014As much as I enjoy getting the chop chop salad, the bowl of mussels with French fries and ripping e baguette on the table, this may be my last time dining at Brasserie. The noise was too much. I could not hear my friends, our server or myself think and my ears were ringing after I walked out. As trendy or cool as it may be and always has been, I think there are better options for lunch midtown, which s a bummer.
- LoudGregVIPDined on 7/24/2014Too loud to speak across the table. Never going again if I care to hear what my dinner companion says.
- Becoming my go-to place for lunchUtdajxDined on 7/24/2014After my recent lunch at Brasserie, I realized that quite a few of my last lunch meetings have been there. The food is always excellent, the service is excellent - though not outstanding, but that's nitpicking. It can be quite noisy, but there is enough space between tables that the noise actually serves as a cover. The menu is always interesting (in a good way) and varied - rare tuna steak this time, beef bourguignon the last time and both were excellent - and good enough for foodies, a special occasion, or travelers looking for a Best-of-NY sort of place. You can't miss if you go to Brasserie.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014We had breakfast and it was great. A little lonely but maybe because it was 9.30. Frente toast and es benedictine just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodGreenwichPatDined on 7/22/2014Brasserie stands the test of time. The food is good with a wide range of choices. Lunch can be especially noisy, dinner a little less so.Special Features: