Boat House Waterfront Dining
227 Schooner Drive
Villages at Mount Hope
Tiverton, RI 02878Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boat House Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathousetiverton.com/
- Phone: 4016246300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
11:30 - 9pm
Friday & Saturday
11:30 - 10pm
11:00 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Julio Lazzarini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our southern patio offers exquisite views of the Sakonnet River. The venue is the perfect setting for an event under our awning. We are happy to accommodate cocktail receptions or private dining events. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Boat House 888-759-5557x
A word from Boat House Waterfront Dining
Nestled in the exquisite farming and seaside community of Tiverton, Rhode Island, the Boat House offers waterfront dining on the Sakonnet River. A contemporary and upscale twist on the quintessential seaside eatery, the menu is abundant with fresh, local seafood, meats and organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Boat House Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Tiverton ›
Boat House Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
360 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (318)great for outdoor dining (290)special occasion (227)romantic (190)great for lunch (146)fit for foodies (132)neighborhood gem (108)great for brunch (84)good for groups (74)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (49)notable wine list (44)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (15)Show More
- Very relaxing dinnermetrowestfoodieDined on 7/17/2014My husband & I enjoyed a great dinner here while on vacation. We sat by one of the open windows with views out to the Sakonnet river. Excellent menu with lots of seafood & seasonal vegetables choices. Service was friendly & attentive - overall one of our best dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food impeccable servicecolleenDined on 7/14/2014Our first time dining here and we were extremely pleased with everything. The outstanding service began with a phone confirmation of our reservation, by a live person. We were warmly greeted by the hostess, introduced to our waiter George, who was fabulous, by the way, then seated. Little necks, and Hall of Fame chowder were outstanding, esp. the chowder. We all had seafood of some sort for entrees and everything was just perfect. The fisherman stew was incredible. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off NightRIslandahDined on 7/13/2014Disappointing experience, but maybe it wasn't my night. After a few sips of wine, I found a fly in it. The wine was replaced. After eating a bite of dinner, (Seafood Paella special), I saw it was missing half the advertised ingredients, namely swordfish and salmon. It was replaced. I am not one to make a fuss in a restaurant when things go wrong, but for the price of this meal and caliber of this restaurant, I did expect a discount on the meal or an offer of a free dessert. There was nothing. The meal was full priced and we paid for our own dessert. As one more item firming our opinion of the place, as we were leaving we saw some beautiful bread rolls being served in a brown paper bag to new diners. They never made it to our table.Special Features:
- dianeSTEVEANDDDined on 7/12/2014this is an outstanding example of a restaurant that has everything. Great location and scenery is awesome. Great menu priced where it should be. The outside is perfect as long as the weather co-operates. The last time we visited it was too cold but they had set up a heater to help. Part of the Newport Rest Group which always seems to do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GracieDined on 7/12/2014This is our second time there within the last month. This time we took out of town guests from NY and they loved the food, ambience, area, view and service. A return visit is definitely on the schedule when they return and of course we will be there again since we live in Mass and it is an easy and pleasant drive for us.Special Features:
- Guilty pleasure experienceBearDined on 7/11/2014The food is good , the view is great but the prices are definitely higher than comparable restaurants . 4 shrimp medium shrimp and 3 half dollar scallops are not $27 dollars .. Add a side of mash potatoes for 6 bucks ... Definitely paying for the water view . We go there about 1-2 times a year as a guilty pleasure for my wife but it's not my go to place for everyday dining ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!AwsedDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant is no longer the hidden gem it once was. The views are unreal, the food, service, and ambiance exceptional. This is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, good foodSinjinSmytheDined on 7/11/2014The food and service is always first class! The ambience is warm and inviting - the views are amazing . :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset SpectacularGeneDined on 7/9/2014Great food, service and view. On the water. The sunsets are spectacular.Special Features:
- GemGem4Dined on 7/9/2014Fish and chips outstanding. Salad with shrimp lacked the goat cheese, otherwise fine. Charged for a tangeray martini, but had ordered and received a bar gin martini. Lobster fritters too heavy , dense with little lobster Service outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014very good food at great location service was very timely no rush after we finished lunch and wanted to catch up with our guest from St. Louis.Special Features:
- Our experience was perfect!AnewcokeDined on 7/8/2014We dined to celebrate our Anniversary. Our waiter Tim made it special for us and surprised us with champagne. He took care if us as if we were the only people he had to wait in. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningbostonstrongDined on 7/7/2014The view at the Boathouse can't be beat. The food is good, the service excellent, and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristieDined on 7/6/2014Lovely, upscale restaurant with amazing views & food.Special Features:
- Awesome ambience, average foodJcubedDined on 7/6/2014The food was not as good as we had expected or hoped so that was disappointing but everything else was wonderful, ESP. the location!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!DebbiebhappyDined on 7/6/2014It's always worth the drive to this off the beaten path restaurant. The food & service are consistently great. We enjoy the Sunday Brunch but everything on the menu is delicious....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, great food!BabyBack2BillVIPDined on 7/5/2014First time at this restaurant. Met a friend for lunch and was blown away by both the view and the food. Service was great as we lingered and enjoyed the outstanding view.Special Features:
- best view in Rhode IslandkgutsDined on 7/1/2014We were so pleased with our decision to come to the Boat House for our 25th anniversary. We were seated at a great table with a beautiful view of the sunset. Our waiter surprised us with champagne which set the mood with romance and really made our celebration extra special. The food was delicious. Order the shrimp and corn chowder! We are told that the view is equally breathtaking in the fall and winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Simply outstanding from the service to the food to the view. Truly a RI gem.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceHexboltDined on 6/28/2014Put this restaurant on your "must do" list. Great food, sunset, atmosphere, it's got it all. Oh and did I mention the interesting wine list? It's got that too.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014My husband and I had a fabulous anniversary dinner at the Boathouse restaurant. A friend had recommended it, and we made a reservation for our special dinner via Open Table. The restaurant honored our request for a water view table, and wished us Happy Anniversary! The view was amazing, as was the service and food. Our server was excellent: knowledgeable, timely and personable. The food is superb. Everything was cooked expertly and was very flavorful. We recommend the barrada (sp?) salads with swordfish or salmon, the little neck appetizer and the calamari. Even though we live in Boston, we'll be back! It's worth the trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014we were very satisfied, very nice menu and wine list. Service was fast and food excellent, will definitely return and alert others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woodyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food and service. Fresh seafood while watching the boats pass by.Special Features:
- great food with attentive staffdeezireDined on 6/26/2014The view is fantastic and the staff made sure we could truly enjoy for a birthday dinner. As usual the food is delicious. Scallops perfectly cooked not overdone as in most restaurants. We took a risk and ordered steak at a seafood restaurant, we were not disappointed. Cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth. Our waitress Erin was so attentive and had great knowledge of the menu, she was even able to have our dessert tweaked to our liking! Additionally we never felt rushed and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the Boat HouseLindaBDined on 6/26/2014This was our first visit to The Boat House.we brought out of town guests for lunch. We sat outside and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the ambiance. We will surely return.Special Features:
- Incredible service!HugefoodieDined on 6/26/2014Just ask for Ron. Service was superb. Food spot on!Special Features:
- Waterfront GemPaulaBDined on 6/25/2014Always a good call, The Boathouse is just an outstanding place to dine in the summer. With views that can't be beat, lovely décor and the freshest of New England seafood, one could not make a better dining choice. Ask for a window table and leave room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation funNJREDined on 6/24/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating at the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. It's worth going just for the view! Spectacular! We will neback again next year. Thisisa real gem!Special Features:
- RIOceansDined on 6/24/2014Our waiter, Tim, was just wonderful. If you dine at the Boat House, be sure to ask for him. Enjoy the view!Special Features:
- lovelyallaboutthemealDined on 6/23/2014Another wonderful meal here. I get the scallops every time and they are always cooked to perfection. The view is beautiful and the service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014We're regular summer visitors to the Boathouse. Great location right on the water with sunset views that can't be missed. Food is fantastic, though wait staff can be a bit slow - something easily ignored when watching the boats go by.Special Features:
- great food great service good priceviewDined on 6/22/2014The boathouse is a great place if you're have a special occasion or a great place to eat and dine also they have a great bar I took my future fiancé to the boat house l like the views and great the food plus awesome service they also make you feel important lastly the prices are within reach highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionnauticalsueDined on 6/21/2014sunset is spectacular in addition to great view and fabulous foodSpecial Features:
- Simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Absolutely breathtaking location with sunset view on the water. The food was fabulous. From hall of fame chowder to the Georges Sea Scallops to creme Brule for desert, every bite was delicious. Service was very good. Knowledge able, helpful and attentive. I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I were looking for a nice scenic spot to celebrate our 11 year anniversary. We were not disappointed. The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in to the moment we left. The best table in the house was waiting for us and the view was stunning. The food was flavorful and amazing and our waiter was very professional. We were even given celebratory glass of champagne, a pleasant surprise. I have already, and will continue to, recommend The Boathouse to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waterfront DiningJessieDDined on 6/21/2014The Boathouse is beautiful inside and outside. It has become one of my favorite places to dine in the summer, whether it's in the afternoon for a nice lunch outside or for a special occasion dinner. The service is great and the food is outstanding. There isn't the biggest selection on the menu, but everything we have tried on the menu so far has been great, as well as the yummy dessert. Definitely a place to be in the summer. Just make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funwingmanDined on 6/21/2014I took the whole family out to celebrate summer..it was fabulous!Special Features:
- Wonderful evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014I had previously been to the Boat House for Brunch with Girlfriends back in March this year, we had a great time - the food selection was great and tasted even better - the service was impeccable... that's why I decided to go back and try dinner.... I took my Boyfriend as a surprise for his Birthday and it was an awesome evening! We were greeted with a smile and seated promptly near our reservation time at the best table in the restaurant. We enjoyed the view, the sunset was amazing, the waitstaff are super friendly! My Boyfriend enjoyed choices front the raw bar and the Fisherman's Stew, while I had Grilled Ahi Tuna for the first time and it was yummo! Nancy, our waitress, took great care of us - we'll definitely be back - 2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32 anniversarydmd29Dined on 6/19/2014The food, service,and atmosphere was outstanding . Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Missed opportunitySkeetDined on 6/18/2014Sadly the restaurant did not honor my request for a table by the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.