Boat House Waterfront Dining
227 Schooner Drive
Villages at Mount Hope
Tiverton, RI 02878Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boat House Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathousetiverton.com/
- Phone: 4016246300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
11:30 - 9pm
Friday & Saturday
11:30 - 10pm
11:00 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Julio Lazzarini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our southern patio offers exquisite views of the Sakonnet River. The venue is the perfect setting for an event under our awning. We are happy to accommodate cocktail receptions or private dining events. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Boat House 888-759-5557x
A word from Boat House Waterfront Dining
Nestled in the exquisite farming and seaside community of Tiverton, Rhode Island, the Boat House offers waterfront dining on the Sakonnet River. A contemporary and upscale twist on the quintessential seaside eatery, the menu is abundant with fresh, local seafood, meats and organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Boat House Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Tiverton ›
Boat House Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
377 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (333)great for outdoor dining (301)special occasion (238)romantic (196)great for lunch (151)fit for foodies (136)neighborhood gem (113)great for brunch (89)good for groups (76)vibrant bar scene (51)hot spot (51)notable wine list (49)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (17)Show More
- Best View AND Food!ElishkaDined on 8/13/2014The Boathouse has become my favorite restaurant. The food is consistently really good and the service impeccable (when it opened a few years ago, service was not so good, but they've fixed that totally). The view is truly amazing and they are good about honoring requests for a window table. I've introduced a number of friends and family to this place and they all love it as much as I do!Special Features:
- Great Summertime DinenewbieDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful evening with excellent food in an even better setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing waterfront diningLocalfoodieDined on 8/11/2014Perfect spot for a relaxing waterfront dinner. Service was professional and friendly. Food was well prepared with interesting choices and beautifully plated. We go here often for lunch, dinner, special occasions, or just to sit in an adirondack chair and enjoy the sunset over the water with a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING AND WORTH EVERY PENNYDocKCDined on 8/11/2014We loved our visit to the Boathouse. We went with our 8 year old daughter and really thought it would be a challenge. However, with the views she was entertained and very happy. Our server was outstanding, made suggestions, learned our tastes, was courteous and not offput by having an 8 year old at the table. Had a window seat which could not have been more lovely. We tried calamari which was amazing, clam chowder also great. My husband and I eat out a lot and this was a true standout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boat House RIDelish111Dined on 8/10/2014I found the Boat House to be a RI Gem. Heather our waitress was fantastic and her recommendations were perfect. I enjoyed their house chowder and corn fritters. Our food was excellent!! We are in the food business and my dad is a well known RI chef, he can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful dining experience, good food, good service, great view.Special Features:
- Wow! BreathtakingHdhejVIPDined on 8/9/2014The views from this restaurant are absolutely fantastic overlooking the sea. The food was cooked perfectly and seasoned just enough to add a bit of flavor. My Mother's gluten and dairy diet was handled easily.Special Features:
- Great atmospherecmedDined on 8/8/2014Great food and drinks with an outstanding view. Waiter had great recommendations on the menu. Gluten free food available upon request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the viewBobsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sunset at the Boathouse is truly spectacular. Looking across the water and watching the last rays of sunlight and a blue blue sky is a highlight of the summer in RI. The food is adequate , as is the service. Part of the Newport chain of restaurants, the Boathouse does not achieve the quality of the food found at the other locations. The chef is a bit ambitious with some of his combinations. Overall, however, you can't beat the location and there Re plenty of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super place to go with friendsLobsterloverDined on 8/7/2014Our lunch at the Boat House made our day. Gorgeous weather with all windows open in order to enjoy the view and fresh air. The lobster rolls were delicious and the sorbet was the perfect ending. Will was our waiter and was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boat House Dinner for 4 at 5:30 pmteddyDined on 8/3/2014Our window table had a water view which was nice, but was right next to the bar which was noisy. The food and service were greatSpecial Features:
- luv2eatluv2eatDined on 8/3/2014disappointed. my wife got fishermens stew which was supposed to have scallops, shrimp, fish, and clams, it came with no scallops and 6 clams of which one was an empty shell. regretted not ordering sandwiches as meals were sub par.Special Features:
- It's on the favorite listLaraHallsVIPDined on 8/3/2014First time dining at the BoatHouse and loved it. Service and food amazing.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant w/Gorgeous ViewDinesAlotDined on 8/2/2014Love the BoatHouse. The food is always wonderful and the staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. Recommend it all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in RIJohnnyBlazeDined on 8/1/2014Boathouse is always top notch. The chowder and lobster fritters knock me out every time. The view of the bay is stunning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality SeafoodRosemhernDined on 8/1/2014I went for the first time with an out of town foodie visitor and we both enjoyed the quality of the seafood and the good service. Nice sitting outside with scenic view. Wonderful view from bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!Brandon12345Dined on 7/30/2014I usually don't write reviews but this restaurant is awesome and classy. I booked a reservation by the water told them it was my girlfriends birthday. Got a free dessert. Delicous food. No rude people. Great view. Definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!jdubsDined on 7/29/2014When we have customers visiting our facility in Fall River we always bring them to the Boat House. Food and service are always excellent and you can't beat the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!annie2402Dined on 7/29/2014Great Service, beautiful view and wonderful food! Highly recommend the scallops but everything we ordered was wonderful!! Great spot to go by boat too!!Special Features:
- The Boat House is a MainstayDGfoodieDined on 7/29/2014Consistent food quality and service always, the Boat House is a go-to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableLoveFoodDined on 7/28/2014My colleagues and I had dinner and drinks. Everything was great. We sat outside. The water was beautiful. The sunset was beautiful. The whole night really was so memorable because all of the food we ordered,from the appetizers to the entrées to the dessert, was phenomenal! That ambiance blended with the quality of the food made the whole evening one we'll never forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pvdcookDined on 7/28/2014It was a very windy day but we stayed outside even with the wind because the dining room was too cold with the A/C going on. It was more comfortable outside. I took an appetizer for lunch - fried oyster but it was very small but good. The fish and chips that my friend had was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diner DJGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Little Necks appetizer was great - just a little too salty Fisherman's Stew also very good - but a little too saltySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TunaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I ordered the Tuna the waitress said it would be rare one piece was one was far from rare .... I mentioned it to her & she did nothing. I took forever to get the check... other than the view it was not a great lunch.Special Features:
- FrankVIPDined on 7/27/2014Outstanding meal, staff and location. Just a great take. You will enjoy the occasion.Special Features:
- Favorite spot in Tiverton!HazyBostonVIPDined on 7/27/2014The Boat House was recently recommended to me by my neighbors in Boston. On our recent vacation in RI we tried it for the first time & in the week we went 4 times! We love the casual, yet refined, design of the restaurant & the outdoor dining spaces are lovely. The location is wonderful with amazing views & an ideal place to watch the sunset with a cocktail in-hand. The food is delicious, as well as well priced & we found ourselves ordering the fried oysters on each visit. The staff is very welcoming, friendly & attentive. This is now our favorite place to visit on our trips to RI.Special Features:
- It was finenicknamenicknameVIPDined on 7/27/2014Situated behind a phalanx of cookie cutter condos that spoiled the hillside, the Boathouse was well situated with an excellent view of the Sakonet River. The food was good though the service took forever. I've read rapturous reviews perhaps written by people from the midwest who have never seen the ocean.
- Lunch was greatBiluDined on 7/26/2014We stopped at 2:00 PM and had a very nice lunch. We enjoyed lobster roll and a poached tuna salad on Ciabatta. The tuna salad had some different and interesting ingredients, it was excellent. The house made potato chips were delicious. The Shiraz was wonderful.Special Features:
- A must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014What a wonderful spot by the water. The atmosphere was perfect for a summer dinner with family . We were seated promptly on the deck as requested. The server was friendly and attentive and the food was pleasing to the eye as well as the palate. The portions were reasonable but small by American standards. The prices are on the high end but worth it for the environment and quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captain14Dined on 7/24/2014We had a very nice dinner. Very good service! I would recomend this restaurant to anyone who wants a very good experence.Special Features:
- BuckeyeDined on 7/23/2014Food was very good but portions were much smaller than acceptable.Special Features:
- jaezsylviaDined on 7/22/2014It was an excellent experience for a romantic anniversary dinner/evening! The little necks appetizer was outstanding! Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to BobfoodfanciersDined on 7/22/2014We received a gift certificate for our wedding. Put off going until my husband's birthday. What a wonderful dining experience - beautiful table on the patio, romantic sunset, great food, friendly service, and a birthday candle in the creme brule for dessert. We definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!annie2402Dined on 7/22/2014From staff to food and service, everything was perfect! We were celebrating a birthday and had one person with gluten issues and they could not have been more accommodating! Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Brunch with a viewluvdiningoutDined on 7/20/2014The food was absolutely incredible, the waitress was friendly and helpful . . . and the view was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualSTEVEANDDDined on 7/19/2014The best seat in the house on a beautiful night with outstanding food and service. You can't beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner experienceOtaliaDined on 7/18/2014Waiter was great, food delicious and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodiefindVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is everything you want in a dining experience. The service, food, atmosphere, and drinks are amazing. Our waitress, Erin, was top notch, didn't miss a beat, and the host/hostess are extremely welcoming and all of this makes you want to keep coming back. The food is excellent, and we are foodies, and it's awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picture perfect dayJeanneDined on 7/18/2014All the windows were open, and the cross breezes were great! Felt like you could touch the sail boats passing along the river. Ambience and food were perfect for a leisurely lunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxing dinnermetrowestfoodieDined on 7/17/2014My husband & I enjoyed a great dinner here while on vacation. We sat by one of the open windows with views out to the Sakonnet river. Excellent menu with lots of seafood & seasonal vegetables choices. Service was friendly & attentive - overall one of our best dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.