265 Peachtree Center Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.searatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4045866134
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am.
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 6:30am - 2pm.
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Ianetta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sear offers 2 Completely Private Dining rooms that will hold up to 70 people each that can open up to one larger room to seat 140. Each separate room can be scaled down to accommodate a smaller party of 20. Their are also 2 chef's tables at the front of the restaurant overlooking the open kitchen that can accommodate . Their are also 2 communal tables that will hold up to 10 people each for small group meals.
- Private Party Contact: Cassandra Stephens 4045866079
A word from SEAR
Sear, a fire inspired American restaurant, specializing in searing steaks, seafood and desserts, is the Atlanta Marriott Marquis signature restaurant. Sear is the main restaurant to accommodate all of the hotel’s guests for many of their meals which include breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Sear offers a wide variation of delectable dishes appealing to the business and leisure travelers. Private sections will be available for lunch meetings along with the Chefs table which is the most exciting seating area for watching the culinary team prepare the fire-inspired, Sear signature entrees. A more formal feel unfolds for dinner. The exquisite décor takes precedence when candles are lit to compliment the wine wall. The main kitchen is visible to the dining room where onlookers can witness true culinary expertise as the chefs sear their fire inspired food portions which include the finest cuts Harris Ranch beef and fresh Seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SEAR reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- All that I remember was thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012All that I remember was that the appitizers and dessert were great. All in between was okay. The service level was definitely not what I expected. I had to ask another waiter to get something I wanted and to close out the bill.Special Features:
- Excellent, will be addingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2012Excellent, will be adding Sear to my special occasion resturant list. Wait staff excellent, and the food was some of the best I have in recent memorySpecial Features:
- The server was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/28/2012The server was excellent and recommended wines to us as well as bought over two for us to sample. We started with salads and bread which were great. Our entrees-The lamb porterhouse and the Filet mignon were seasoned and cooked to perfection. What we didn't like was that we had to walk thru Pulse (a bar/lounge within the Marriott Marquis to get to Sear)although it was a nice area.Special Features:
- Food was fine, but not worthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Food was fine, but not worth the very high prices. We were very impressed with the hotel (beautiful) but not the restaurant. Would not go to the effort to go again.
- Steaks were terrific. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012Steaks were terrific. The rest if the food was good. The ambience was nice but on a Thursday night it was a largely empty restaurant.
- The food was absolutely wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2012The food was absolutely wonderful once we got it. We were seated in a booth table very near the front ....that was okay. It the appeared that there was no wait staff assigned to our table. My friend and I were in no particular hurry but 20 minutes to get a glass of water from someone who could not take a drink order another 20 minutes for someone to bring us menues this went on all evening The food was great the service was lousy.
- Service and food deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/17/2012Service and food delivery were way off. Waited 1 hour twiddling thumbs for most of our meal. Comped us salads, but was too late to want to finish the entres. The steaks, however, were quite good for Atalanta steak house standards, and the apps/sides were comparable. Surprising for a large hotel venue. Hope they get their act together for the delays, but will return again.
- Buffet fit for kings!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/16/2012Enjoyed wonderful breakfast buffet. Had smoked salmon, egg white omelet and turkey sausage. The buffet must have over 100 items on it and everything is cooked to order. It is a great price, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great resturant, sad thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Great resturant, sad that its in the Marriot and that it is not advertised more. Great food, wait staff not too attentive. Had to ask for our drinks several times and even refills. Overall the ambience was nice. Very sheek and modern.Special Features:
- crake cakes are the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2012I LOVE the crab cakes, the soup/salad/sandwich is a great deal, the clam chowder is very, very special. AWESOME!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/10/2012Great atmosphere waitress barely spoke English. My steak was ordered medium rare and came medium well
- all scream for ice creamOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/9/2012Menu is very large, great price range and portion on the soup/salad/sandwich option! They also make their own ice cream, if you save room that is a must try! The flavor of the day was red velvet...red velvet chunks in homemade vanilla! YUM!
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2012The service was excellent. The atmosphere was nice. The food was good, although I wish they had more seafood on the menu.Special Features:
- Great experience and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012We had a small group dinner there. The restaurant was very attentive to us. The food was amazing with great potion sizes. We will definitely be repeat customers.Special Features:
- chowder me!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/3/2012The coolest hotel in Midtown/Downtown Atlanta, the food was very special. I enjoyed the pasta and the clam chowder. The chowder was one of the best I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!
- It's not that the place hasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012It's not that the place has bad food but come on $25.00 for meatloaf. No music in the back ground, average service and the place was not that special. I've gone to alot better places and paid less for much better food and service. If I didn't have a coupon I would have got up and walked out. There was nothing about this place that worth the price.
- Seafood Lover's DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2012I enjoyed the Friday seafood buffet. For fish lovers like me, it was a joy. From 2 choices of seafood soup, to the the delicious seared salmon, grilled veggies, salad, and scrupmtious desserts, it is my Friday favorite!Special Features:
- A SEARing Experience at the MarquisYazDadVIPDined on 3/24/2012Excellent shrimp cocktail but their "atomic" cocktail sauce was watery and far from spicy. The rib-eye was excellent and prepared to my liking as was the accompanying twice-baked potato. Many of their bottled wines were available by-the-glass and reasonably priced. The Merlot choice was excellent. When back in Atlanta, I shall return.Special Features:
- MMMM red velvet ice cream!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/23/2012Amazing amazing brunch buffet...you will love it and the price is great and you can get free valet parking. Sear never disappoints for lunch, breakfast or dinner. Portions are generous and prices are good. My favorite is the homemade ice creams! They had red velvet ice cream with CHUNKS of red velvet cake.Special Features:
- Nice setting, noisy, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2012Food was quite good, although the main courses came with little with them and you had to pay additional for sides. Service was so-so at best. Our server forgot that I ordered a drink, and was nowhere to be found for long periods, even though the restaurant was not at all full. The setting is attractive--huge high ceiling, but it is very noisy--nothing to dampen loud talk and laughter from groups a long distance away. The tables are large--convenient for placing dishes of food, but requiring leaning towards your table mates to hear them.Special Features:
- We had a special buy fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2012We had a special buy from TravelZoo. This was an incredible deal. I had the KC steak & my wife had Striped Bass, which was the fish selection. This was one of the best steaks I have had in a long time. They did a great job on the fish, also. There was some confusion at the end when our waitress temporarily misplaced the cash we left for tip and a small residual amount on the bill. Fortunately, she realized her mistake after we had paid an additional sum, which was promptly returned. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Food was very goood, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/3/2012Food was very goood, service (Sylvester) was slow but friendly. It to about 10 minutes after seating to give our drink order. Hardly saw him much during the dining experience, he never poured the wine for us after he first opened the bottle. We never had the opportunity to order a second bottle of wine. He never checked on our meals after they were served, my steak was undercooked and after waiting several minutes I decided to eat it as is so my wife would not have to eat alone.Special Features:
- Everything was great; however,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Everything was great; however, I had to call the restaurant to change my reservation. I couldn't do it through Open Table.Special Features:
- Good SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The service started out rocky, but the food and atomosphe more than made up for the table selection. We werre able to move to one of the very cozy booths to enjoy our evening. I would go again.Special Features:
- Unfortunately the lamb I orderedReneeVIPDined on 2/24/2012Unfortunately the lamb I ordered was not cooked to my request. I waited too long for it to be returened. I had to ask. Oddly, at breakfast my omelet was not cooked properly either. This is not my first visit to Sear. I was just surprised and a little disappointed.Special Features:
- We felt that we ate at a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012We felt that we ate at a restaurant that was gourmet banquet hall food. Was very disappointed when advised that hollandaise sauce could not be made for my asparagus.
- Food and service were exceptionalPogoDined on 2/11/2012Food and service were exceptional - much better than what we expected for a hotel based restaurant. Menu is ala carte however, which makes the price of the meal very high and the restaurant, as good as it was, doesn't justify the cost.Special Features:
- I attended a recent conventionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2012I attended a recent convention and visited Sear for a business breakfast. We had a reservation and were seated immediately, but the service left a litte to be desired. We ordered from the menu and that didn't seem to please the server. As a result, we were not visited by the server again until he delivered the check. I would recommend the restaurant because the food was good and it is convenient for business meetings related to a visiting convention.Special Features:
- For a restaurant in a hotelBobPDined on 2/3/2012For a restaurant in a hotel this is better than most. I know that sounds like faint praise, however, it is what it is. A very good restaurant in a very grand hotel...with fascinating architecture. The service was extremely good.Special Features:
- It was great except for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012It was great except for the bugs flying in the ladies food but once we brought it to managements attn. they adjusted the bill . Up to that point everything was greatSpecial Features:
- worst problem was an extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/28/2012worst problem was an extremely noisy table next to us probably the best filet mignon I have ever had.. beats Ruth Chris, the paid cruise ships restaurants... fabulous filet... glad we tried we know to go back again although very dead as far as other customers... but we enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Overall very nice. We useOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012Overall very nice. We use the restaurant each year at this time and are very satisfied.Special Features:
- Great food and well suitesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2012Great food and well suites for our group of 10 people. Service was slow and the meal took 3 1/2 hours but did I say the food was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Best meat in Atlanta!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2012FABULOUS! What a great find! This restaurant lives up to the hotel that houses it. The open kitchen was quiet and fascinating to watch, the food incredible. I could cut my filet with my fork! One of our party had the veal chop and said it was the best meal he's had in a long time. Great side dishes and desserts, too. But the best thing above all was the staff. Our waiter and his group were attentive but not interruptive, kind and quiet. They went out of their way to be sure we had everything we needed, even before we asked. A great time was had by all and we will return very soon!Special Features:
- A very good restaurant inKatieVIPDined on 1/16/2012A very good restaurant in the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Bleu cheese wedge salad is good, filet is good and the twice baked potato is good. Overall a nice experience!
- Ecellent location for thatgmanDined on 1/7/2012Ecellent location for that perfect night out with your significant other.Special Features:
- Overall, Sears was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Overall, Sears was good. Atmosphere good, food was good, but little overpriced for the quality. we chose this because of convenience before a downtown concert. Service was a little slow considering is was not busy at all.
- i was very pleasantly surprisedr404VIPDined on 12/28/2011i was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food at sear. the crabcake was truly outstanding (almost all chunks of crab) and the steaks were truly excellent. my only gripe was with the sides, the two vegetables we ordered were swimming in oil--tasty but much too greasy. the service was decent but should be more refined given that this establishment seems to aspire for a fine dining label. overall, a surprisingly positive experience.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011The food was delicious, the staff was very accomodating, and the overall experience was great.I would enthusiastically recommend it other my friends!.Special Features:
- Chef SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2011The only thing I didn't like was the salmon flat bread! Everything else is lovely!Special Features: