2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064411399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Assaggio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (56)romantic (53)notable wine list (45)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (39)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A Tried and True FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2014We always enjoy Assaggio. The welcome is warm, the food delicious, and the service perfect. Being in Assaggio is like being in a restaurant in Rome. There is a wonderful Italian hustle and bustle, with good cheer all around. The food - magnifico!Special Features:
- Lunch DateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014There was nothing ordinary about this meal. We enjoyed a bright, sun filled dining experience with nothing less than spectacular service and cuisine - from wine to dessert! Three different dishes, all well proportioned and delectable! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Terrificesry9729VIPDined on 3/31/2014Our waiter was absolutely fantastic. My wife had the eggplant parm. and it was lightly breaded, not soggy, and was the best she had ever eaten. The cannolis were light and had a wonderful flavor. I wish we had a restaurant like this in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Excellent PastaValTDined on 3/26/2014The pasta at Assaggio is top-notch - home made and al dente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnerreddwarf007Dined on 3/26/2014Took my granddaughters to a show and dinner. Picked Assaggio. Food was great. The special of the day, Raviolis stuffed with seafood in a cream sauce was excellent. Bruschetta was average. The dessert was fair. Cheesecake was dry. Nothing like NYC cheesecake, Very friendly and quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown SeattleaxisDined on 3/25/2014I ordered the Lasagna, it was the size of a large Ravioli. It was delicious but it was very small. My son ordered a pasta dish and asked for extra sausage. The extra sausage came on the bill but not on the pasta. My wife had a chicken dish and again, hardly any chicken. The food was excellent admittedly, but the portions were extremely small. Doubtfully we'll return. The people were very nice. The restaurant was nice, just very small portions. $20 corkage fee. I suppose that's normal for downtown Seattle, I'm not sure.
- Fabulous Italian mealMaryDined on 3/25/2014Marco gave us a warm welcome as we entered the establishment after being drenched from the rain and missing our reservation by 30 minutes. The meal was fabulous and the waitress was very friendly. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion any time. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!ShariDined on 3/22/2014Getaway weekend dinner was heavenly. Food was absolutely delicious; we had seafood risotto and pollo mattone for entrees restaurant was nice; old-fashioned (in a good way!) and quaint atmosphere. I have several significant food allergies. The staff were helpful and well-informed in helping me select menu items. Only complaint I had was that we sat in an alcove and there were three tables sandwiched in with us. Room for only one person to move at a time when it got busy. We chose that seat, early in the evening, and it was fine, so I would sit in the larger room next time. Location is easy to find, next to Hotel Andra. Going back soon -- with new customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNewbiesDined on 3/21/2014Assaggio's was absolutely amazing. The food was fantastic. The restaurant was nice and clean! We did not sit in the bar, but was told it is nice and a good time. The owner was mingling with the patrons! It was a great experience and we will be back when people come Into town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely Italy at its very bestpvc6dineDined on 3/21/2014I have enjoyed both lunch and dinner at Assaggio and have always found food and service fantastic. All of the warmth and joy of a short trip to Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutPietroDined on 3/21/2014Found Assagio's on line as we have the same name in Honolulu. Ease of location, nice décor and fresco's in an older building in Belltown. Owner Mauro greeted us and even upgraded the bottle of wine without cost. Will go back again. He reminds me of a good friend in Honolulu Chef Donato. CiaoI would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown Seattle favoriteChesterfieldVIPDined on 3/20/2014We always enjoy Assagio. We feel welcome from the beginning. The food is great and authentic. Mauro, the cheif-owner, is always present and cares about his customers. Great location. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A Seattle classicMikeVIPDined on 3/20/2014This is #1 on our favorite restaurant list. The 20th anniversary menu is dynamic and brings true Italian dishes to the northwest. Make sure to get a copy of the new cookbook as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Spinach!dragonflyDined on 3/17/2014Although we enjoyed our pasta dinners as always, the spinach was truly excellent - the best we've had in a long while! Service was outstanding, as always.Special Features:
- loved the owner and the food!italy4meDined on 3/14/2014We had dinner on a Friday night for our anniversary. The owner greeted us, and was extremely pleasant! Dinner was delicious, we had antipasti,salad,the nights risotto special and tiramisu for dessert. The Beef tenderloin risotto was amazing as was the tiramisu! Portions were perfect and the whole experience was wonderful, we will be repeat customers! We love Italian food and have tried many restaurants in the Puget Sound area, but Mauro has the magic combination of a great personality and wonderful food. Thanks again for the wonderful dinner Mauro!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle's best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2014The next best is in New York...I love this place...Mauro is a gem...the food is delicious and the real deal rather than someone's interpretaion of italian (which drives me crazy). Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2014It was my first time at Assaggio. My friend Gina has been a number of times and she always brings her parents when they visit from out of town. Gina is a true Sicilian girl, so she knows good Italian food. I was craving pasta and we chose this lovely restaurant to visit. The food was exceptional and it totally made me happy to be there with my friend. I will recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management needs ettiquette courseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I was in town on business & invited colleagues to dinner. The food was nice but as it was served, staff began moving tables & chairs all around us. Apparently floors were to be polished & all had to be moved to the back-- every furnishing except the tables & chairs we were using traveled by or over us as we ate. I was embarrassed at having invited people here. Because waiters were distracted w. furniture moving duties, ours opened our wine & never poured it. After dinner, coffee was burned & unpleasant. The restaurant was bare as we exited & no apology was offered for noise, disruptions, or dust-stirring that occurred during our meal. To be blunt, it was a ridiculous dining experience.
- Like eating in a NYC neighborhoodBobMDDined on 3/1/2014Food excellent -- very accomodating for your two kids. Like eating in an old italian restaurant in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our DinnerPluto77Dined on 2/28/2014Great ambiance, great service, perfectly timed. Chef Mauro came out and said hello. Group next to us was a bit loud, but didn't last long. Loved the decor. Enjoyed our dining experience. Food was excellent, dressing on the misto salad was delicioso. Scallop ravioli had scallops on top and was stuffed w/scallops, fantastic, made to perfection. Excellent desserts and wine. Hope to visit again and try other menu items. If I lived in Seattle, I would likely be a regular customer. I checked fit for foodies, but not all foodies are created equal, so... but I loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian restaurantGisselaBDined on 2/22/2014Amazing food. I had a bite of each of my family's dish and each pasta dish was to die for. The tiramisu was amazing. The ambiance was alive but not too loud and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miserable execution -OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014I had been elated to finally find a restaurant with Pasta Aglio e Olio on the menu having been thrilled with the dish in Italy. What came to the table was pasta missing a critical step, burnt garlic and no fresh parsley. The Pasta had been cooked to the correct just flexible state but was not then tossed with a bit of pasta water and oil to create a sauce and finish the pasta, finally adding parsley and chili. Instead the over firm pasta was simply put in the bowl the and bread dipping oil and burnt garlic poured over the top. My husbands gnocchi was only a bit better. Off night? Don't know but we won't be back.
- Felt like we were in ItalymikeVIPDined on 2/21/2014Brought my son and his friends to celebrate his birthday. They had studied abroad in Italy and thought it felt very authentic. Wonderful meal, friendly owner.Special Features:
- DeliciousdamoseaDined on 2/21/2014We had an amazing experience. Our server picked up every cue we gave. He was attentive but not pushy; friendly; knowledgeable. I wish we would have gotten his name so I could post it here. The meal was excellent. I suggest the penne a al vodka. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealSharonSDined on 2/19/2014It has been about 18 months since we were in Seattle and we enjoyed a return visit to Assagio. As in previous visits the welcome was warm, the room fun and friendly and the food excellent. We splurged on two glasses of Brunello di Montalcino - a lovely soft expansive red wine. We shared a mixed antipasto platter to begin - really it could almost count as a meal. Gorgeous selection of meats, cheeses, vegetables. I had the chicken special for the night - two chicken breasts pounded, layered with prosciutto, smoked mozza and sage, then breaded and fried. Served with sumptuous mashed potatoes and assorted veg it was very very good. My husband had the lamb shank - huge shank, perfectly cooked, served over rice with veSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian BestConradDined on 2/15/2014We have been eating there for 20 years and event though we now live out of town we still make the trip just for dinner. We have never had a bad meal and how a restaurant can be consistently excellent for 20 years is beyond me. Must be the owner. If possible, the last meal, Saturday, was unbeatable from my point of view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was fantasticPeteDined on 2/14/2014The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. The restaurant itself was fairly crowded, bit still gave an intimate feeling. I made my reservation for Valentine's day about a week in advance and it was no problem getting in. That night we even foind ourselves running a little late and they were kind enough to let us push our reservation back 30 minutes. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a romantic dinner for two or just fantastic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mommy Mia what a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014This place is one of the best Italian restaurant around the downtown area. The owner is always around joking with the patrons and always looking out for the customer best interest. The service is over the top, waiters and waitress very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. Pointing out specials helping you make the right choice. I have been there numerous times and it has been great each and every time. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Less than thrilledFrankDined on 2/12/2014This was not our first visit to Assaggio and on this occasion, dinner was disappointing. Special Chicken Rissotto was more like dry wild rice and other dishes were on dry side. Not much moisture in pasta dishes either. Plates were cold which contributed to dinner being less than hot when served. Dessert was also on dry side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningreidsworldDined on 2/8/2014Great food, service, and a host beyond compare. Loved it...Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Dinnerluv23VIPDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant was within walking distance of our hotel and it was a wonderful choice! The food was really delicious and the service was excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- A welcoming neighborhood TrattoriaMisterDDined on 2/8/2014Mauro and his staff always make you feel welcome and at home, even if you are not a regular. The food is sourced from Italy whenever possible and has always been delicious. Always bustling the whole team makes sure you get exactly what you want and on time.Special Features:
- Assagio with FriendsNEBPDined on 2/8/2014We met another couple for a 6:00 pm dinner on Saturday at Assagio. This was a repeat visit for all of us, and it was truly outstanding. From the moment we arrived, until the last drop of wine was consumed, the food and service were excellent. The energy level and noise did not detract from our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ChessieDined on 2/6/2014My first time here, so pleased! Fantastic menu, we had appetizers, drinks, dessert, I had 3 pasta sampler, fantastic! Waiter was patient with us and totally professional, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placebahia11Dined on 2/4/2014Love this restaurant! Delicious food, good service, nice ambiance. Been here a few times and never disappointed.Recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!MasonVIPDined on 2/1/2014We had a reservation for 8 pm on Saturday February 1st. We were seated in the front section and the waiter was excellent - very attentive considering the restaurant was packed. The food and drinks were great and we look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSnomanDined on 2/1/2014Had a small group dinner here. Food and service was excellent. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!HungreeejimDined on 1/25/2014I introduced Assaggio to my Mum and took my son for the first time in years. Mauro and team ALWAYS make you feel at home and feed you amply but not to the point of stuffing. In other words the food is not only delicious and thoughtful but the portions are ample without trying to sell the restaurant with over large portions as some restaurants do. This is one of my favorite places and I've sent many people here over the years and all have the same things to say.Special Features:
- Mauro's Assaggio is a gem!luckylindy98072Dined on 1/23/2014We had another fantastic experience on Thursday, Jan 23rd. Great food, great service and Mauro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went fir dinner beforeReneeDined on 1/17/2014We went fir dinner before a concert at Jazz Alley. Food was very good, service was good too. It was just a tad bit loud, but it was Seahawks weekend so we overlooked that this time. Osso Buco was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.