2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064411399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Assaggio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (76)special occasion (61)romantic (50)notable wine list (47)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (20)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful restaurant, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2008Wonderful restaurant, great food and very friendly staff - great wine recommendations from Matthew who is very knowlegable about both the food and wine list. A must for a retuen visit.Special Features:
- We loved it! Some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2008We loved it! Some of the best Italian food we have had, great service and very friendly. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent attention to usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008Excellent attention to us from the minute we walked in till the time we left. No rush, the courses were paced to allow us to enjoy each one and we were checked on regularly without a feeling of being smothered by wait staff... The food is excellent and the wine list is comprehensive. When one of our group was served the wrong dish it was replaced with the correct dish in short order and another wait person came over and apologized for creating the problem by picking up our dish for her customer.Special Features:
- I had the best meal of theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2008I had the best meal of the year at Assaggio! The halibut special was fantastic - brought to the table nice and hot, just the way I like it.Special Features:
- By far my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2008By far my favorite restaurant in Seattle. Terrific service, incredible food, I can't think of a single item I'd recommend they improve on, everything is outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, serviceCafEDined on 6/18/2008The food was excellent, service very good and friendly and the owner made you feel like you were a regular - part of the Assaggio family. Would definately recommend and will be back!
- Service was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008Service was great and the people were friendly A+++Special Features:
- Good service, Fantastic food,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008Good service, Fantastic food, and that feeling that one could have been in italy at that very moment. At one point the women sitting next to us was asked how was the food, she replied with "the best food I've had in years." I have to agree with her, every dish I tired tasted excellent! We will be back sooner than later. -Eric Prosch-JensenSpecial Features:
- I expected higher-qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2008I expected higher-quality ingredients. The linguine tasted mass-produced and bland, and the arancini were dry. Also, the Pavarotti music felt kind of cliche.Special Features:
- Assaggio is consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2008Assaggio is consistently excellent in food quality and presentation as well as in service. Wonderful, wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Yummy food. Attentive service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008Yummy food. Attentive service. And the owner makes you feel as if you are an old friend. What more could I ask for? Italian is my favorite and this fits the bill perfectly!! More than worth the drive from Olympia.Special Features:
- All the staff was warm andPHC1VIPDined on 6/6/2008All the staff was warm and friendly-Feels like a italian home kitchen!Special Features:
- A very crowded place. Theerg67Dined on 6/4/2008A very crowded place. The tables are to close together, I was bumped several times and had a couple of plates rub across my shoulders. I would try this place again if we could have a table in a corner.
- I have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2008I have been to this restaurant several times. This was the first time the food was disappointing. It wasn't hot enough and lacked it's usual flavor. I would give it another try as I have had wonderful dining experiences there.
- Food was very very good, sericeFreddieDined on 5/31/2008Food was very very good, serice was excellent. Only downside is it is a little crowded.Special Features:
- Great specials...we were 4OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Great specials...we were 4 and there were 4 specials so we ordered one of each and passed around. All were excellent!Special Features:
- Assaggio is a tradition asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Assaggio is a tradition as much as a restaurant, and it demonstrates why it is so on each visit. Impeccable service, great downtown ambiance, and food that never fails to disappoint. Love the ability to have differently priced and sized portions of many plates, too. In a town full of new dining opportunities, it's easy to forget the old friends. Assaggio is not one to forget.Special Features:
- yummy...brought me back toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008yummy...brought me back to home, which is NY...has the NY italian feel...will definetly be back!
- Visting from San Diego, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2008Visting from San Diego, and a local friend recommended Assagio. We had a very nice meal here, in a fairly quiet enviroment. I'll definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Given the reputation of Assaggio,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2008Given the reputation of Assaggio, I would expect the waiting staff to remember that we had placed orders with them and what those orders were. The waitress forgot our drinks order and left us waiting for ages before checking in with us. I have eaten at Assaggio before and loved it, but I'll think twice before going back again for a third time.
- the food was actually notwinauserousVIPDined on 5/15/2008the food was actually not good at all, the chairs are brutal, and the decor was a nightmare, but the staff were great.
- Outstanding host/owner (oneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2008Outstanding host/owner (one of the best in Seattle), Awesome food, fantastic service, wonderful wine list. What's not to like? The noise! its gotten better over the past years, but still noisy. Get ready to speak loud. But rest assured, its worth it.Special Features:
- It was a special occasion,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2008It was a special occasion, my husband's birthday and I had requested smoked salmon fettucine that was no longer on the menu. I called several weeks before and was told to call 2 days before the special date to confirm and remind them which I did. To my delight you remembered me and confirmed that our special dinner would be there and waiting for us which it was!!! We were treated like one of the family which made a special night even more so. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!Special Features:
- I had never been to AssaggioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008I had never been to Assaggio before. It was a short notice trip into Seattle and I went on line and found a place that looked good. It was more than was expected. When we were leaving every person who worked there said good night to us. It was a very nice experience and I will recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- The specials were outstandingTBBestDishesVIPDined on 4/29/2008The specials were outstanding - very creative, colorful and well-balanced. The Halibut was the best I've ever had - especially the lobster cream sauce! Saffron seafood pasta was delicious and the Chef was flexible - substituted a little more for the scallops - Thanks, Mauro and gang!Special Features:
- Wine list was a bit complicated.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/28/2008Wine list was a bit complicated. Staff was very friendly and helpful in sorting through it. The selection turned out quite good...just was not familiar with it. Food was OK. Osso buco was tender, but was lacking a bit in flavor...tasted a bit hollow almost, as if they cooked it too fast and it never really set up. Table mate ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops, which all showed up grilled on the outsided and completely raw on the inside. Staff was appologetic and attentive. Overall, it was a good place, nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I would probably make a second trip there based on those two points and give the food another chance.
- We had an wonderful evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008We had an wonderful evening, on the referral of a co-worker. Mauro creates a nice friendly environment, checked with us to make sure we were happy, and even took our pictures at the end of the meal. Even though the line was out the door we did not feel rushed, and the food was EXCELLENT! Yummy desserts, good wine (and lemoncello), and really good service. My water glass was never below 1/4 full!Special Features:
- We loved our evening and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2008We loved our evening and the owner is great. Very warm and friendly and goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. Definetly coming back when we visit Seattle again. Thanks so much.Special Features:
- The food was great and thecheekystarDined on 4/24/2008The food was great and the service was excellent! I had the seafood and zucchini linguine and they were able to substitute the tomato sauce for a cream sauce (although the cream sauce could've been creamier) and our server was very warm and personable.Special Features:
- In the 12 years or so we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2008In the 12 years or so we've been going to Assaggio, we've always had excellent service and the staff has never steered us wrong with suggestions for entrees or wine. It's always a special treat and we look forward to going for many years to come. Mauro is wonderful!Special Features:
- It's always a treat to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/24/2008It's always a treat to eat at Assaggio, and how can you beat the personal greeting you get from owner/chef Mauro.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch - the saladOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2008Excellent lunch - the salad greens were fresh and the plate chilled, the gnocchi were excellent and the dessert was delicious! Start to finish was a great experience. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2008The food was very good and the resturant was charming. We had a booth in the window section and it was quite pleasant. The table were very close together and there wasn't much room for a large group. The smaller portions of both the salad and pasta were much too small. My husband had a small ceasar salad for $1.00 less and it was embarrassingly small and I expected more from my small pasta dish. The small portions were not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Dinner was delicious, serviceTlawishDined on 4/19/2008Dinner was delicious, service was outstanding. The tables are close together, so it got a bit noisy when they began to fill up. We took my husband there for his birthday and loved it! We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- highly recommend the lambOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2008highly recommend the lamb shank...it was wonderfully tenderized and the flavor was so full and vibrant! Great meal for the price!Special Features:
- Great meal with very friendlymcberkeleyVIPDined on 4/18/2008Great meal with very friendly and competent service.Special Features:
- We had a great time as weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008We had a great time as we celebrated our anniversary. Our waiter was very pleasent and a well manner. I think he is so used to having repeat customers that he forgot to introduce himself at the beginning which I always like. The food was great and they even gave us a nice anniversary drink. The food was very prompt and I was very surprised at this. It indicates a very good kitchen staff. All food was served with both hot and cold plates...which many restaurants don't do. Dessert was outstanding. As a wine drinker and I know it was an Italian but I would have liked a better selection of both California/Washington wines. However, my Italian wine was superb. Also, I am not a great believer in shared waiters and like having one only.Special Features:
- I have only been to AssaggioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008I have only been to Assaggio twice, but it is clearly one of the rare restaurants in Seattle that serves authentic superb Italian food in a delightful atmosphere. The friend I brought on my seocnd visit agreed that it may be the best Italian food in Seattle.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous meal andHTWGDined on 4/15/2008We had a fabulous meal and excellent service. What more could you ask for? This restaurant is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- If you come to Seattle andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/15/2008If you come to Seattle and don't have a meal at Assaggio your missing out! An amazing place, fantastic food and someplace that you will want to come back to time and time again.Special Features: