2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064411399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Assaggio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (55)romantic (52)notable wine list (45)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (38)great for lunch (19)hot spot (18)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (2)Show More
- our new favorite Seattle restaurantfamilyfoodloveDined on 7/16/2014Our daughter chose Assaggio as the place to celebrate her 18th birthday. It was magnificent! The food was perfect. Every bite of every dish was simply the best Italian we have ever experienced. Perfect bruschetta with the freshest tomatoes and basil. A new appreciation for exquisite olive oil. Mussels and clams in a delicate broth to die for. The marinara sauce on the Puttanesca was the best we've ever tasted. The gnocchi was divine. The pork loin in a light gravy was fit for the gods. Really. I am not kidding. Every bite we could not believe it was so good. The tiramisu...the coffee. All was perfection. And they made us feel so special. Walking into Assaggio is like being transported to european values. We LOVED it. Our new FAVORITE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gemSanfeb10Dined on 7/16/2014We will be back to Seattle and Assaggio. There are so many wonderful dishes that one needs to come w friends who will share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christie and Bob LOVE Assaggio!SeattleFoodiesfromEverettDined on 7/15/2014From walking up to Assaggio in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood the ambiance and vibe is lively, extremely friendly and welcoming! The professional staff has been there for years and as we've been fortunate enough to go to Assaggio's once or twice a year and the staff remembers us each time. Mauro, owner and chef, is simply and genuinely one of the most gregarious and nicest person you could meet. The food is the BEST Italian you will ever have! I keep trying different dishes and all have proved to exceed my (high) expectations. Try this if you are in Seattle...you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Itaian in seattle!JJreviewerVIPDined on 7/14/2014If you want a friendly atmosphere and great Italian, this is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian food. Bellisimo!AlohaAnnieVIPDined on 7/12/2014The owner chef is from Italy who greets you personally. Real Italian food made with fresh NW ingredients. Cozy ambiance it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteWine500VIPDined on 7/10/2014Mauro welcomes his customers as if they are in his own home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodclaudiaDined on 7/10/2014food was good but not outstanding. bread was not freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian DiningVisitorDined on 7/9/2014Just a fabulous meal. The eggplant was out of this world good, and we love eggplant parm. Best we have had outside of Italy (even better than Boston's North End). We also had the halibut which was also amazing. The waiter was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, unfortunately we could remember his name.Special Features:
- Perfect for visiting relativesJammieJAMDined on 7/8/2014The food was amazing, service was perfect. This restaurant is on my must go to when family is in town. Have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableDBonMIVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is without a doubt, the best restaurant I have been to in Seattle. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. There aren't enough good things I can say about Assaggio. The wine list was thorough and that made it hard to choose a wine for the evening...so we had 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian TreasureEpicedoDined on 6/25/2014Everyone praised their pasta and the caprese was delicious. Our waiter was the embodiment of Italy. Fun and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for summer evening dine outkormanticDined on 6/24/2014My husband loved his wild mushroom risotto, the evening special, and I enjoyed the pasta tasting menu. I had first come during dine around Seattle with a friend, and knew my husband would enjoy it- and he did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLove2eatDined on 6/23/2014Colleagues from out af town wanted to try a resturant the didn't have back home and I thought of Assaggio's. The loved the food and said they would come back on their next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food | Close quartersLJG1Dined on 6/20/2014The food was wonderful. If you are looking for excellent Italian fare this restaurant will not disappoint. Just don't expect to privacy. The tables are packed together so there is no way to keep to your own conversation. Or to not learn a thing or two about your neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!HappyCoupleDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at Assagios on recommendation from several of my colleagues. We were not disappointed. The food was fabulous! Mario came by and gave us hugs and kisses and made us feel so welcome. I will definitely recommend Assagios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and friendly placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good the waitress was very friendly and comptent the host was friendly and warm the self I had was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosue #3RosieDined on 6/14/2014What a wonderful evening for our party of four -- from the moment we walked in the door until the very last bite of our decadent chocolate and raspberry torte for dessert (one serving, four forks ... of course)!Special Features:
- AndrefanDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and drinks. There were 6 of us celebrating U of W graduation, and it was perfect for that. My 3 grandsons are BIG eaters and they loved it! We even had food to take home. I will say the 3 choices of pasta tasters are great, however we did not expect such a large portion of each. That was a main course in itself! Everyone was very pleased and all was excellentSpecial Features:
- Fantastic service, great foodCavaliaDined on 6/11/2014We had a wonderful waitress and found the food to be absolutely delicious. The restaurant is very noisy but enjoyable! Our only negative was in the way that we were greeted. No welcome would sum it up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionathenaDined on 6/9/2014Fantastic evening. Great food, wine, cocktails, & service. Thank you for making a special day very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014The three pasta dinner was my selection. Two of the three pastas were made with fettuccine I enjoy my pasta al dente, however this pasta was not even close to being al dente. It was not even cooked. The third option was gnocchi. The gnocchi was absolutely tasteless...no flavor whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mauro's place is really ours!RAM1220Dined on 6/7/2014From the time you walk in, and get the big hug, you feel as if you just walked into your private oasis greeted by your best friend. Mauro makes every effort to seat you quickly, engage you candidly, and fed you royally. Mauro makes you feel like one of the family, and his food is second to none. True Italian dishes made and served with love. Been taking family, friends and business associates since my family discovered Assaggio at the "98 Torchlight Parade, and no one has ever been disappointed.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!italy4meDined on 6/7/2014Love the food, love the service! The owner is such a great guy and runs a wonderful restaurant. IT is our favorite Italian restaurant in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Mario, the owner, is wonderful he works very hard to ensure your dinning experience is memorable.Special Features:
- Fantastic service, good fooddofzinDined on 5/31/2014We arrived early for our 5 pm reservation and the first employee to greet us sent us away. We circled the block and were then greeted by the proprietor who apologized and welcomed us in. We were served by several employees, and on in partucular--Ryan--stood out for his attentive service and pleasant manner. Everyone was pleased with their food. Although one pasta dish seemed to have been less carefully prepared than the others, all were delicious. The dessert menu has no prices, and at $10 apiece, the items were OK but overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, great serviceceebeeDined on 5/29/2014Three of us out-of-towners were able to find a table in a relatively quiet part of the restaurant (back of the bar) and had a relaxing dinner and good conversation. We ordered pasta and seafood selections and all were excellent. We did not encounter Mauro (he is known for making an appearance many evenings), but we found the staff friendly and helpful. It was obvious that some of the patrons were regulars and that says much for a downtown establishment. I will return when I get back to Seattle.Special Features:
- OutstandingloveassaggioDined on 5/23/2014We came over from Spokane. We love your restaurant. This was our fifth time visiting your restaurant. GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/21/2014It's been a few years since I ate here. It's always been my favorite dinner restaurant when I come to Seattle. Everything was great, the owner came by to chat, the waitperson was excellent and the food fabulous.Special Features:
- The following 1095 reviews are from the Assaggio reviews archive.
- Amazing RestaurantsmariniDined on 5/17/2014I was in seattle with my boyfriend over the weekend, and this was our choice for dinner on our first night there. It was fantastic, the food, the service, the atmosphere. Everything. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the vodka penne and would highly recommend anyone to try it. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IanaIanaDined on 5/14/2014The food is excellent which makes it hard to decide what to order. Luckily they allow you to order pasta tasting up to 3 pastas! Everything else on the menu is delicious as well. One of my favorite restaurants in Belltown. :)Special Features:
- Good food!LovefoodDined on 5/9/2014Absolutely loved our dinner! We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJaksDined on 5/5/2014The food was much enjoyed by our 4 member party. I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who enjoys excellent Italian food. The waitress was fabulous. Thank you for my best Seattle dining experience ever and for the opportunity to write this review!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adagio never disappointsups2011VIPDined on 5/1/2014Great Italian food designed with Mauro's unique flair. Service and ambience are excellent as well. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian, great hostswa1Dined on 4/26/2014The best Italian food I have had since moving from NYC. Each of the sauces ( I had the pasta sampler) that I tried was outstanding. Very flavorful. The best connoli I have had in a very long time. The owner/host made us feel very welcome as first-time customers.Special Features:
- Good Italian foodEastcoastitalianDined on 4/17/2014Good food! The pasta was perfectly al dente, and the roasted garlic olive oil was excellent. The bread was ok, and the sauce could have used more eggplant and seasoning in my dish, but there were plenty of tender shrimp. Great service, good find for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assaggio: "a taste" and exquisite!SeaPortTomDined on 4/16/2014I have been a fan since the restaurant first opened. I have yet to have anything other than a GREAT experience dining there and cannot visit Seattle without doing so. The staff is knowledgeable regarding wine pairing and the food is of extremely high quality. And Mauro (the owner) - ALWAYS there to greet you and as warm as his food. We own both cookbooks (to date), have recommended it to everyone we know who is headed to Seattle. My brother (a bank VP) entertains there regularly and we have yet to have anything but praise in response. You CANNOT go wrong, dining there! Molto molto bene!Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014The staff was very friendly and prompt. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodJohnKDined on 4/10/2014We celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Assaggio. Food was excellent and service was great. It was a bit noisy, but otherwise we enjoyed our evening at Assaggio.Special Features:
- From the moment we walkedLovthegrillDined on 4/9/2014From the moment we walked in we were treated like family. This was our first visit to Assaggio and it definitely NOT be our last. The staff was caring and made our special occassion something to be remembered.Special Features:
- Satisfying and Welcoming.PashminananaDined on 4/9/2014I believe Assaggio means " tasting a small bite to test a food's quality." This restaurant is aptly named since our first bite and every one thereafter was marvelous! Not only the food is on point but the atmosphere satisfied too. We were promptly and warmly greeted by our host upon arrival. We walked through the more intimate bar area to the dining salon. The dining area is light and bright with walls and ceiling appropriately adorned with murals. The ceiling height accoustically co-mingles conversations to create an energetic atmosphere. Service was very attentive. I would recommend Assaggio for celebratory dinners, for groups or couples and for locals that are looking for a satisfying meal at the end of a busy work day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.