500 Post St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levelthreesf.com/
- Phone: 4159292087
- Hours of Operation:
Start your day off right with a full Breakfast including the JW Buffet with a variety of healthy items and omelets made to order: 6:30am-11:00am; An all day menu is served for Lunch and Dinner and late night: 11:00am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Mattman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See www.jwmarriottunionsquare.com
- Private Party Facilities: Our Gallery Space provides a unique party experience with social food menus and casual seating arrangements for 10-50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lipp 4159292087
- Entertainment: Enjoy cozy, casual dining with eclectic house sound and the art of mixology with our signature hand crafted cocktails.
A word from Level III
Our Look-Vibrant, Energetic, Sophisticated. Our Feel-Social, Communal, Relaxed. Our Food-Flavorful, Shareable, Memorable. Experience social food and modern cocktails at a new level - Level Three. An exciting and stylish new concept in social food and cocktails in the newly transformed JW Marriott San Francisco. Perfectly located in the heart of Union Square, this chic restaurant and lounge features a menu of delicious sharable plates crafted from the freshest, local, seasonal ingredients complemented with an extraordinary cocktail menu custom-created by acclaimed local mixologist H. Ehrmann. Situated on the third floor lobby level of the hotel highlighted by a 16 story atrium, you can dine on dramatic menu items like Seared Jumbo Scallops with Forest Mushrooms, Lobster Meat and Hobb’s Bacon; Fish Tacos with Lime Mango Salsa and Avocado Crush; Slow Braised Ale Short Ribs; and Grilled Angus Sliders.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Level III reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Salad, lobster bisque, duckSingleTravelerDined on 12/25/2012Salad, lobster bisque, duck breast, and filet were all perfectly prepared and scrumptious. Megan and Joseph took good care of us. Dining here is a family Christmas tradition. We'll be back again next year because of the service as well as the fine food.
- Not going here again.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2012I was so let down by this restaurant. It is hardly a restaurant, more like a dining area in a mezzanine. The food is decent, but WAY over priced. It is more like a lounge for people with frequent stays at the Marriott.
- A hidden GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Although I was a bit unease by choosing a table in a hotel restaurant... Oh boy, I'm sooooo happy I did. The food was amazing, the service was superb and the experience was far beyond any of the other restaurants in the area... I know I'm a local...Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Love eating here! Short Ribs are delish!! Service is excellent!Special Features:
- good, but less than desirable...OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 12/12/2012while the food was good, everything had too much sauce. salads were over dressed, meat over sauced. service was very inattentive and the lag between salad and entree made us ask for the check when the entree finally arrived.
- Chef came out to our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Chef came out to our table for a pleasant chat. Food was very good, and the staff was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Improve customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/7/2012Level Iiii is a great restaurant. It was our second time at this lovely restaurant. The food was fabulous however this time the service was less than average. Hipefuly they can improve on this in the near future.Special Features:
- The restaurant is locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012The restaurant is located on the third floor open to the mezzanine. The ambience would of been better if they would dim the lighting a bit, it was a little too bright. We went for Thanksgiving dinner. The butternut squash bisque was excellent, turkey was good, vegtables were under cooked and bland. Overall it was an OK experience. Karl CA.
- Great food and service. TheRanneyDined on 9/29/2012Great food and service. The location is a definite plus: near a lot of venues around Union Square and Nob Hill. I think the marketing is pushing too much the bar scene and groups; we came for a semi-romantic dinner in a quiet place, and Level III was able to provide that. Also, I was not aware of any outdoor dining.Special Features:
- We booked a reservation hereCowtownFoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2012We booked a reservation here based on the website menu and the general feel we got based on the website. When we arrived we were incredibly disappointed. The waiter indicated they had 'cut their menu down' which actually translated into a very small selection of overpriced food. We actually walked out without ordering because we couldn't find anything that interested us. It also didn't help that the place was dead on a Saturday night - the atmosphere was bland and boring. However as a plus, the wait staff were very friendly and when we let them know we wouldn't be staying they were not rude to us at all.
- A nice meal in a great location.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012A nice meal in a great location. Overall excellent experienceSpecial Features:
- The foord and service werebrandonhVIPDined on 4/26/2012The foord and service were terrific. The lack of a wall separating the restaurant from the hotel lobby and bar was a distraction and disappointment.Special Features:
- Level III had excellent foodMistyVIPDined on 2/25/2012Level III had excellent food at an excellent value. We did the 3-course prix fixe menu and had poke, a salad, steaks, and one of each dessert. Everything tasted delicious, the service was excellent, and the restaurant was beautifully decorated. The only drawback to this restaurant was it was open air inside the Marriott and the hotel noise was quite noticeable.Special Features:
- Like all the other reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2012Like all the other reviews, we couldn't find our server, on top of that she was really slow. I wouldn't go back to this place.
- the service was alright. theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012the service was alright. the waiter didnt know much about the wine that was served but brauught a warrm welcome. I didnt like the food, the price was way more expensive then it tasted.Special Features:
- Our menu selection was veryLollipopDined on 1/31/2012Our menu selection was very good. We ordered the rib eye steak. Was cooked to order, a perfect medium rare. We also looked at the regular lunch & dinner menu. We liked what we saw & will return.Special Features:
- Tasty Drinks, Inedible SteakssfoseaDined on 1/30/2012We had a late lunch and were the only couple in the restaurant. The drink - French Cosmo - was delicious, with just the right amount of raspberry. We enjoyed the seafood chowder. We ordered ribeye steaks with garlic fries as our entrees. The steak was terrible and shouldn't have been served. It was at least 60% grissel and fat. Mostly inedible and incredibly disappointing. The sauce on the steak was lovely, but that steak was unacceptable. I expect better quality cuts of meat from a place like this. Very disappointing. Service was fine, not overbearing even though we were the only guests. Decor was comfy and inviting. I'd go back for a cocktail and maybe some appetizers, but not for entrees.Special Features:
- From the good service to theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012From the good service to the delicious tasting food, I had a very enjoyable evening. The ambience was very nice, and I felt very comfortable there.Special Features:
- My fiance and I visited LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012My fiance and I visited Level III on our first trip to San Francisco. We decided to have lunch here after seeing the prix fix menu they offered for the Dine About Town event. We both had the seafood chowder and the ribeye with garlic fries. Given the discounted menu choice, we were delighted when bread was brought to the table before our meal. The chowder had great flavor, but both of our steaks were fatty and overdone. The booth we were seated at had peeling seats and the chandelier was low enough that I could see plenty of fingerprints and dust and it was a distraction while trying to talk across the table. Overall the food was alright, but I don't believe we'll be visiting again.
- Overall the food was quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012Overall the food was quite good, both well-prepared and well-presented. The filet mignon was very tender and had a good amount of pepper flavoring. However, we did feel that the service was not as good as it could have been - mainly that our water cups were not refilled on a regular basis. Otherwise, service was okay, the food has a large part to do with the higher overall score.
- Did the Dine Around Town lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/26/2012Did the Dine Around Town lunch menu which was very good, especially the garlic fries. My companion's steak was not cooked as ordered and the server noticed, and despite our saying it was OK, took it upon himself to make amends by offering a free dessert. Will go back again just because of that graciousness even if the food wasn't also worthwhile.
- The food was great, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2012The food was great, especially the risotto and the seafood chowder.Special Features:
- We opt for the 2-course DATFood4FoodiesDined on 1/24/2012We opt for the 2-course DAT lunch menu. Appetizers were the seafood chowders which were good but very thick and heavy. I was full before the entrees were served. Entrees were the rib-eye steaks...mine arrived medium which was fine, but my friend's steak also came medium rather than the medium rare she requested. Decor was pleasant and spacious and chairs were comfortable. The dining room was quiet and empty...only 3 tables were occupied. Service was adequate.Special Features:
- Went to lunch as part of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2012Went to lunch as part of the dine about town program. Very pleased with the quality of food. Will definitely go back to try dinner.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012The food was very good but I was disappointed that this restaurant was in a hotel. I was looking for a cool spot with good food.Special Features:
- Hungry Tortoise Afraid of the Dark?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2012This was an overall bust. I arrived and had no clue I was actually staring the restaurant in the face. It looked like an airport lounge. It was painfully quiet. The lights were way too bright for any kind of dinner you'd like to enjoy with ambiance. The curtains out-dated. The blinds were shut, i didnt even get to experience looking out onto the city streets. The booth was comfy to sit. The Jalepeno martini was great. The eppler wine good- decent price. The manhattan was deceit needed a spike. The margarita was weak, we had to ask to top it off; the server seemed to understand why without explanation. Seems that is a typically run in. The pepper-crusted steak was the only highlight. Service was slow for an empty restaurant. More attentive.
- A let downOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2012I did the "Dine About Town" Menu and, for me, it was really not worth it. For $35 I got a salad of mostly frisee (1st course), an over cooked piece of fish that didn't have enough sauce to moisten it (2nd course), and a cheap looking cheese plate (3rd course). Two other people with me ordered steaks and they were both cooked incorrectly and were sent back. The service was fair, but definitely not good. It was more like 'diner service' - not 'nice hotel restaurant service'.
- good for business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2012good for business meeting and people with conservative food tastes.
- The food was not great andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2012The food was not great and the service was pretty bad as well.Special Features:
- Food was good, but not betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011Food was good, but not better than you would expect for the price. Don't do the wine pairing. Wines selelected were below par. Restaurant was empty.Special Features:
- Didn't realize the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2011Didn't realize the restaurant was in the JW Marriot Hotel. Felt more like a lobby bar/restaurant. The food was decent, but the atmosphere was disappointing.
- We enjoyed a beautiful andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2011We enjoyed a beautiful and delicious Thanksgiving dinner. The food was presented well and there were nice options for those who chose not to eat a traditional turkey dinner. It was very economical compared to other downtown options.
- The prix-fixe menu had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2011The prix-fixe menu had a good variety and our selections (sea bass and duck) were excellent. The wine pairings were well suited for each course.
- It;s a shame this place isfoodluvingrlVIPDined on 10/13/2011It;s a shame this place is a little outdated on its decor and stuck in a stodgy Marriot (I think it was the Marriot) - the food was surprisingly really great (we were nervous given there was nobody there AND it was in a mediocre hotel), great service, portions weren't ridiculously huge - a good solid meal that wasn't terribly expensive - our only "complaint" if you want to call it that is the location and the environment of the restaurant - too outdated.Special Features:
- An anniversary dinner to remember.Mikesf16VIPDined on 10/13/2011We had a wonderful meal at Level III and would go back for sure. The food was excellent, and the menu was varied and interesting. The best part was the waitstaff, and in particular our waitress who had perfect timing and a fantastic tableside manner! In fact, she had the kitchen concoct a special 20th Anniversary dessert for us that we were very impressed with. She even took a great picture! Thanks so much. Great food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very Poor ServiceAlbertVIPDined on 10/4/2011This restaurant is located in the JW Marriott so I arranged a meeting with colleagues in the restaurant at 4pm. I told the hostess that we would order coffee/espresso beverages but probably not any food from the menu as it was too early for dinner. She was very courteous and seated us. We were greeted by a server who took our order for Cappuccino and Coffee. We were the only guests in the restaurant. My guests and I were in a discussion when the server approached saying that the tables are only for dinner, but "we could stay since the entire restaurant was empty". His comment was entirely rude and completely inappropriate and his demeanor was condescending. Being the only table in the restaurant, we clearly were an annoyance to him.
- Pricey compared to similardisndrsVIPDined on 9/23/2011Pricey compared to similar restaurants. The food and service were good, but if I were going to spend 250 for dinner again, I would spend it elsewhere.
- Good meal, good value, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2011Good meal, good value, but just OK. Not terribly exciting.
- It is very good for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2011It is very good for business meetings and or business meals. There is lots of space between tables and booths for privacy and conversation. It is almost too quiet and I normally find restaurants much too noisy.Special Features:
- love the fixed dinner option.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2011love the fixed dinner option. i could eat here everydaySpecial Features: