Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
1327 Railroad Ave.
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cindysbackstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: 7079631200x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is the place to be in the Napa Valley!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (108)great for lunch (82)great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (58)notable wine list (50)good for groups (42)romantic (34)great for brunch (28)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- one of our favorites in Napa ValleylocaldinerDined on 8/1/2014The food is always superb. We had a vegetarian dish, spinach and cheese enchilada that surprised us that it could be so good.Special Features:
- Great meal in NapaDevldaveDined on 7/30/2014If you're a foodie enjoying Napa, don't miss Cindy's Backstreet. Great food in a non-snobby atmosphere. Creative and wonderful taste combos. Don't miss the rabbit tostadas!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Great lunch in between winery's - definitely a great find . A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with a Mexican accentJAMsGemsDined on 7/29/2014E thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Larger than expected portions, delicious sauces and a divine strawberry rhubarb shortcakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitor from afar.GskyDined on 7/29/2014This was a wonderful place. I'm a foodie. I had heard about it and it met my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Disappointed. They were out of an appetizer before 6:30 on a Saturday night and forgot to bring a vegetable side dish. They did n9t charge for either!
- Cindy come backSammyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Cindy's has been my favorite but this visit was not to par. The duck burger was charred, burned and dry. The enchilada was bland. The appetizers (paquito peppers and octopus salad) were still great. The service was wonderful offering to replace my entree without charge.
- Always Cindys!franclyDined on 7/24/2014Strength to strength... wonderful family lunch... lovely ambiance and great serviceSpecial Features:
- foodfanDined on 7/23/2014The best pasta dish (linguine with chanterelles) and blistered pepper appetizer we've ever tasted. The service was absolutely flawless and we enjoyed the passion and energy level of the manager who visited our table and helped describe the specials. This restaurant was recommended by several of the tasting room personnel we talked to and will now be one of our favorites when visiting northern California.Special Features:
- Good Not Greatpleroma18Dined on 7/19/2014We happened to be visiting on a rather warm day which is common in St.Helena in July. The restaurant was very warm inside, and we were uncomfortable throughout the meal. Seating is cramped and parking is meager. My burger was very good, but I ordered it because the prices are high for regular entrées. Prices on wine are also very high, so we stuck with cocktails for lunch. Don't think I will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner and dessertSJSLDined on 7/18/2014We stumbled upon Cindy's when we were looking for dessert one night during a recent mid-week getaway. The s'mores-inspired Campfire Pie was so good that we came back the next night for dinner. Cindy's does not disappoint. Everything we had was delicious. And the very attentive staff went out of their way to make us happy. The lamb meatballs were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotGregSDined on 7/18/2014Went for lunch. Service from start to finish was superb. Food was also outstanding. Great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great lunch on the patio and terrific service by Michael our waiter. He has a great sense of humor and was very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor overall experience at Cindy'sSFfoodluverVIPDined on 7/17/2014This review is for dinner on Friday night on the patio during Festival del Sole. We arrived 45 minutes eArly and they sat us promptly on the patio, which is nice but missing touches like candles, torches or heaters. Our (worse waiter ever) server forgot to put our order in until we asked about it (having noticed others around us receiving entres) then he flat out refused to bring us "something" to snack on during the extended wait when he told us they were out of bread. We had to wait so so long for our meals (mushroom enchilada and brisket were both solid) that we finished entire bottle of wine, on empty stomachs, bad on many levels, he apologized but no offer of price reduction and then he topped it with complaints about festival crowds
- JeffPhoteljeffDined on 7/17/2014Just an all around go to favorite!! Great drinks, great food, great service!!! Thank you also for being so wonderful with the set of 90+ year olds that tagged along!!Special Features:
- IrenVIPDined on 7/14/2014We love Cindy's food, live in Yountville and go to her restaurants often. This time it was a disconnect. It was early around 5 pm, server was at the front desk. Told us she would take us to her favorite table and proceeded to take us to a corner table way in the backroom. Why? I have no clue? For 20 minutes people kept passing by us, but no one approached our table. Finally manager came. I asked for an Americano, campari, sweet vermouth and soda. When the bill came, there was a 2.00 add on for the sweet vermouth. If I had ordered a martini, would I have been charged extra for olives? Then there was another 2.00 charge for an extra spear of pickles. Serous upselling and not fun. We won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchJudyGFVIPDined on 7/14/2014The duck burger is fabulously delicious! My friends also enjoyed their lunch choices and recommend Cindy's curried chicken salad, the Avocado and Papya salad and the stuffed peppers! Nice food presentation as well. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- One of the best everlaylaVIPDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant does everything well. We saw the chocolate pie featured in Food & Wine magazine and that is what got us here. We had one of the best dining experiences ever -from the non-stuffy service to the incredible food & innovative menu. Fantastic!
- No betterMontyVIPDined on 7/8/2014There is no better place to stop. Creative and prefectly prepared dishes. Great wine-country ambiance, energy, and interactions. And a fair bill will come at the end. What more could you want?Special Features:
- eagleusafDined on 7/7/2014Poor upfront service. I am disabled on O2 and we were seated at the furthest table from the entrance. The waiter was efficient but not friendly.Special Features:
- Go NOWNinerGirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014This restaurant exceeded my expectations. Food and service top notch. Your wait persons seem to enjoy their jobs what a nice feeling that must be. Thanks for such an enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RJJNDined on 6/29/2014The food was outstanding - fresh and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SoniDDined on 6/28/2014We loved our meal at Cindy's. The food was excellent! My husband had the meatloaf, something he doesn't normally select, but it s was delicious. I ordered the rib eye steak. It was a bit overcooked, from the medium I ordered, but tasty just the same. We also tried the s'more pie, divine! The service was attentive but not too much. The ambiance was relaxed and welcoming, but reservations are highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good food, but poor environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good, but we were placed in the room upstairs. It was quite warm and when we let the server know, she made no offer to adjust to another room. She even acknowledged that they had cooling problems upstairs. The hostess should have warned us before she sat us. This made for an uncomfortable dining experience.
- Great find!Room237Dined on 6/27/2014We found Cindy's on Open Table after reading reviews and trying to find something within a short driving distance from our hotel. We were so happy with our choice! We had the meatloaf, spinach and mushroom enchiladas, and the Campfire pie! Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cindy's is the real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014Service is warm and efficient. Care was taken to be sure you were seated comfortably ( sunny day outside seating). The food was really excellent and creative. I had the rabbit tostada which was great. We were only sorry we hadn't booked for dinner. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2014We have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The whole Petrale sole was exceptional! Try the Lemon-Buttermilk Pudding Cake with Chantilly Cream and Berries ... smooth and silky light.Special Features:
- charming patioBc38Dined on 6/24/2014We sat outside on the patio which was very nice. Food and service were great. Parking was a bit of a challenge but would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!TerrarosaDined on 6/24/2014It was our anniversary lunch. Food, wine, service all excellent. Oysters Bingo incredible. We will be back and bring friends.Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 6/23/2014Different kinds of food. Very charming and quaint. Nice patio outside for those who want to eat outside. The help were very friendly and help described the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried it and loved it!aberdeendennaDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful meal at Cindy's this week! We've been in the valley several times, and had always thought about trying Cindy's but with all the restaurants available just hadn't gotten there yet. The meal was lovely!! Delicious! I had a chicken dish that was delectable. We had a lovely bottle of wine from an obscure little Napa Valley winery and really enjoyed it. All in all we will definitely return to Cindy's in the future.Special Features:
- Family and friends fun!!!Foodcentric1Dined on 6/21/2014Great food, services, drinks, and all around stellar experience. Go there for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FabulousDined on 6/21/2014Lucked out that this was the place I picked for my 50th b-day celebration. Food and Staff FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect StopGbk1Dined on 6/21/2014Right before a big wine tasting we got a great meal here. The dishes were all great and the good mea kept us out of trouble with all the wine. The pork shoulder was a great recommendation!Special Features:
- Go to place when in Napa ValleyAGoodWineDined on 6/20/2014We have been here when it is just me and my wife, and we have come with other couples. Food is always great and everyone likes it. Good prices, friendly staff, and good food.Special Features:
- Cindy seems to have lost interest1234VIPDined on 6/18/2014Not anyway as good as in the past. Food dry and overcooked
- ThanksDAVIDDined on 6/14/2014Thanks again for a wonderful meal, Cindy's did not disappoint yet again, the service, food and wine were superb.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinnerDiningDuoDined on 6/14/2014I was really anticipating our second visit to this restaurant, as we had a wonderful lunch a couple of months ago with friends. This time, I was disappointed on almost every aspect: a recent change to the wine list removed a wine I had enjoyed on my first visit, the same papaya and avocado salad ordered as a starter for lunch was 1/3 the size as a dinner salad, I didn't like the pork entree with peaches, & my strawberry rhubarb dessert was a HUGE disappointment, consisting of the barest macerated teeny tiny piece of a strawberry & even smaller piece of rhubarb. Our waitress also was mediocre (we had to ask twice for bread, unattentive); I was surprised she had a trainee in tow. The hostess & busboys provided excellent service.
- Good food, so-so serviceMakoTomDined on 6/11/2014We were excited for our dinner here but in the end decided it was rather disappointing. We found the service lacking; the was quite good and we'd probably try the restaurant again. The sides were delicious including the creamy spinach and the cheesy peppers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicedawnie85Dined on 6/11/2014We loved everything! Because we were wine tasting all day, we weren't extremely hungry. I had the Mexican soup and heirloom tomato salad. The salad was great. Great idea to make polenta croutons. The best was the dessert which wasn't on the menu but a throw back from Cindy's other restaurant--Bourbon Chocolate Millshake. Thanks for making it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.