Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
2801 Pacific Avenue
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Atlantic-City
- Phone: 6093447256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into The Palm & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From Coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that the Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (78)good for groups (69)romantic (54)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Happy tummyYummytummyDined on 7/23/2014My husband & I reserve our visits for special occasions & it never disappoints....the staff may not recognize our faces as we are not frequent regulars but it's nice to see a lot of the same faces of staff throughout the years. Not to mention their professionalism. The Palms has so many delicious starters but this last visit we just melted over the scallops wrapped in bacon w/balsamic reduction- as always they were perfectly cooked...white but not tough-extremely smooth & soft w/slight browning on top-bacon not hard/tough or overdone ...so many places cook scallops improperly - if you haven't tried them they are a must & it's a nice indication of the quality of the courses that will followSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and issuesPullamareDined on 7/20/2014There were so many knats that were flying around landing in expensive bottle of wine that when adressed with management was disregarded. 5 STAR RESTAURANT THIS WAS NOT. We had to place napkins on top of our food and drinks to avoid eating knats. This was a very special anniversary and was not an experience we would like to do go through again nor reccomend to any one. We have dined here in the past but never had an experience like this. When the issue with the knats were addressed tis the season summer time was the answer. There was no trying to correct the problem. For a dinner that cost over 300 dollars which might not be much for some folks customer satisfaction no matter who they are should be first please contact us to discussSpecial Features:
- Great food, service ok, too loudjco23Dined on 7/19/2014I took my wife there for her birthday (along with another couple). We each got the lobster for two for $99. The 3lb lobster was HUGE, grilled to perfection, and tasted great. The salads were good as well. The service was more than adequate, but there were some mistakes that I would not expect from a high-priced establishment: some brought out main courses to our table before we ordered; they brought out a wrong salad for one of us, and although they declawed the lobster for us, they confiscated our seafood forks, thus making the process not as easy to extra all of that succulent lobster meat. There was also a loud bachelor party next us, but can't blame the Palm for that. They did bring a complimentary birthday mouse cup for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dining experienceSSA1VIPDined on 7/19/2014Last Sat. Night we decided to try the Palm in Atlantic City for a change of pace. We took advantage of the dinner special and thought it was a good value. The food was not spectacular but still very good and the portions were more than adequate. The resturant was full and fairly noisy due to a number of large groups. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not Worth the PriceDanBVIPDined on 7/19/2014The Palm, compared to all of the other high end steak restaurants in the area, ranks last. The dining area looks old and tired in dire need of a renovation. The noise level is more than energetic, it is extraordinary loud. Our server was pleasant but lacked the sophistication of an experienced server. The food was consistent with other Palm restaurants. Caesar salad, onion soup and New York strip were very good. The tuna was a disappointment. Expect more for your money.
- Amazing high price for a vodkajerseygirlVIPDined on 7/19/2014Nice meal, great service. The food came so quickly it seemed like they wanted us out of the restaurant quickly. It wasn't always like this when we went other times. I was missing the summer lobster special - what happened to this classic event? I ordered lamb chops. So disappointing. Very, very fatty, and also very salty. I would have sent them back but didn't want to make a fuss in front of our group. I've had this dish before and it was always wonderful. The drinks were good, but my husband's Grey Goose on the rocks was $18. He joked that he could tell you a cheaper place to buy your liquor!! The tuna was very good, and the salads were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!Foodie712Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant was very nice, I took my husband there for his birthday. The food was good and came out hot with good portions. The service was even better! It's definitely a very pricey restaurant so not one we'd visit again unless it's for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Palm Atlantic CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent food, knowledgeable staff, great service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special celebration aren't special!FlossDined on 7/15/2014I enjoyed the meal, the service was excellent. I feel you should do more to make special celebrations more meaningful. When Bill an I went to Morton's in Florida, the table had sprinklers on it with a birthday card. The dessert was given to us free and they took our picture and put it in a paper frame. All our special events will be at Morton's in the futureSpecial Features:
- The AC PALM, always superbFredw1762VIPDined on 7/15/2014We are PALM regulars. We would not go to another AC steak house . The food and service is always superb . General manager , Paul Sandler , runs the very best NJ restaurant . Sue is the most outstanding server . The food and service is always outstanding .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2014Everything was great as usual. Always pleased with our visits to Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Good Dinner in Atlantic CityLemonheadsDined on 7/14/2014The Atlantic City location of the Palm is on the street level of the Quarter at the Tropicana. The open dining room is brightly-lit and pleasant. The food (both steak and seafood) was very good. Service was pleasant. It was an enjoyable meal.
- normDined on 7/13/2014Food and service exellent. I feel the food is overpriced. Also, pretty cheap to charge for second soda.Special Features:
- A favoriteLove1617Dined on 7/12/2014Love everything about the palms. Good food. Friendly service. Manager makes you feel very welcome. Will keep going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorMakeoverDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant needs a complete overhaul as the ambience is poor,the service is not top notch,the portions are overpriced for the size and this location is sililar to Atlantic City,falling down.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceSvenHarryDined on 7/11/2014Back to Palm A.C. a second time in the last mo.(dined at the orig. 2nd Ave loc. '837' in btwn). Greeted well and given nice table in main dining area. Waiter Jason was outstanding. Practically predicted our tastes and ordered the meal for us, he was so helpful and accommodating. The escargot in mushroom cap appetizer special was outstanding, as was the caesar salad (as usual). Followed by a perfect broiled 4 lb. lobster, delicious fresh sautéed spinach in garlic and oil, and a segue from the usual home fries - an order of the french fries. What a discovery. The french fries were hand-cut, perfectly cooked brown beauties, dusted in parmesan and parsley and salt (I think). Could not stop eating them. May be best f.f. ever. No easy feat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoite PalmDebbieVIPDined on 7/8/2014I love The Palm in AC. Got the lobster for 2, it was amazing. Sue was our waitress, she was so very attentive. I have never been didappointed at this restaurant. Everything is perfect!!!Special Features:
- BonnieBonnieVIPDined on 7/6/2014I have visited The Palm on serveral occassions and as always was very pleased with the service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topsfunplace2dineDined on 7/5/2014excellent food,service and overall wonderful experience. the only objection can be the noise level. however, this is a very minor objection to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Globaby's 80thGLOBABYVIPDined on 7/5/2014It was a wonderful nite. food was ssooooooo good .sevice was great, noisy, but fun.We always enjoy the Palm.Food is much better in ac. My big party nite. good time.was had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPOINTINGANGELODined on 7/5/2014LAST YEAR I WENT THERE ON A FRIDAY FOR PRIME RIB, THEY SAID THEY DONT MAKE PRIME RIB ON FRIDAYS, THEY ONLY MAKE IT ON SATURDAYS, THIS YEAR I BOOK RESERVATIONS FOR SATURDAY AND THEY SAID THEY DON'T MAKE PRIME RIB ANYMORE, NOW I JUST CAN'T GO THERE ANYMORE,Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceJimKDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit to the Palm. The bar was very nice. The drinks were excellent. The food was very good. The portions were sufficient and the service was excellent. We definately would return to the Palm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner July 2nddrkimmieDined on 7/2/2014I'm a member of the 837 Club which gives special discounts on bottles of wine each month. My favorite wine was the discounted white of the month, but when I ordered it the waiter informed me that I'd been given last month's list by mistake. I didn't want to pay the extra $20 regular price because it was the restaurant's mistake. I asked to speak to the manager and an assistant manager came over and said there was nothing he could do as the computer wouldn't allow the discounted price to be entered. As the GM, Paul Sandler was making his rounds and asked how things were, I said fine except for the wine incident. He immediately sent over the other bottle at the discounted price. Thanks Paul for saving the evening and my faith in the Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014the lobster special is a great deal and prepared wellSpecial Features:
- Steven WolfWolfmanDined on 6/28/2014Found crowd to be a little old for me even. Many birthday party and anniversary celebrations. Food was good. A little disappointed in flavor of steak. Appetizers and sides were delicious. I was a little upset as I had 9 reservation and when table was ready put in in table in bar. Complained and got table in dining room (there were plenty-why 900 PM reservation and could not get earlier and why put me in bar)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelor PartyMike24Dined on 6/28/2014We had my bachelor party dinner this past weekend and the food was amazing. The filet mignon was very tender and the lobster was the best I've ever had. The dessert portions were very large, but equally delicious. I would definitely recommend this place for the food. The service was great all night, but we did have a waitor complain about the tip. That part left a sour taste in our mouth, but don't let that deter you. The food is top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.Mrmugs23Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I returned to the Palm for our anniversary, and we were not disappointed. They make the best bacon wrapped scallops, scallop cooked perfectly, bacon crisp. You also can't go wrong with any of the salads. I don't remember the name, but it was a chopped salad with greens, shrimp, avocado,egg, green beans, and more of that crispy bacon. Share it, you will need to save room for dinner! Steak of course- cant go wrong. We had bone in ribeye and the ny strip, both cooked as requested, with peppercorn brandy sauce and mashed potatoes on the side- yum! It's not cheap here, but I think a step above some of the other big name steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudsilvey626Dined on 6/28/2014the noise level was extremely loud, I would not recommend the AC location for dinner. The food was terrific but I couldn't even talk to my wife due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Amazing!Cruise521Dined on 6/26/2014The first thing we do when planning a trip to Atlantic City is book our reservation for dinner at the Palm! The food is absolutely amazing! The service is also one of a kind. The Palm is always very accommodating to our need and requests! Thank you for making our experience great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2127 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews archive.
- Great Food!RoxMcDined on 6/24/2014Great food, great service! Have always had a pleasant experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014We have always loved the Palm for their good wine and delicious entrees. However, the red wine selection of wine by the glass was very disappointing on this trip. We also wanted surf and turf and were told that they ran out of lobster tails. I don't think we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealsgiuliano31Dined on 6/21/2014If you are looking to have the prime rib call in advance. It sells out fast. My husband was very disappointed that he couldn't get it. He got the steak instead and it was amazing. Portions are very big. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was a aliitle offfcasinoDined on 6/21/2014On our most recent visit, the service was off, our salad plates were left on our table while the entree was presented. our emply galsses were also left on table. Was NOT terribly busy night either. Waitress came to our table and just asked what we were having. never mentioned any specials or 837 memeber specials. i had to ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School/Great SteakgonefishinDined on 6/21/2014Can't speak on dining room. Only saw reception area & sat at booth in bar room. Bar area set up still makes for romantic meal. Fills up tho, can get a little noisy. Go 5-5:30. Dark heavy wood gives 'old' atmosphere. Feels like you should be having a scotch & cigar. Staff- professional/classy (even their uniforms) particularly our waiter who seemed to have had experience for many years working in high class places, but not stuffy, pleasant/personable, a few jokes, a lot of smiles, accommodating, repeated specials menu a few times without making us feel like we we're being pains. On expensive side, but portions are large & food is great, along with the ambiance it's worth it for a special meal. Online menu is incorrect, needs to be updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do one thing & do it wellDinnerOutDined on 6/20/2014Steak, potatoes, wine. The Palm does it well. The stick to what they know & execute it perfectly every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The very BestmikeyDined on 6/20/2014The food was outstanding the service was incrediable the staff was so helpfull and the whole experience was like no otherSpecial Features:
- AC PALM ; BEST NJ RESTAURANTFredw1762VIPDined on 6/19/2014Paul Sandler and his PALM crew always make it an outstanding dining experience . Sue , our server , anticipates our every need . My wife and I split the 4 lb lobster special . Each person gets a starter and we split one large side with dinner; all for $99 . It was the best lobster we ever had . Absolutely succulent ; broiled to perfection . Extra crisp hash browns were delicious and prepared exactly as we ordered it . We return regularly .Special Features:
- Great in everyway!DaveDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I dined at the Palm on Father's Day this past Sunday, and as always we loved it. When we arrived, our reservation was ready and we were able to be seated exactly where we had requested. Great food and excellent service! The Palm is one of our favorite and special restaurants, and one in-which we have never been disappointed. We would highly recommend the Palm to anyone and everyone!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 6/14/2014This was our second eating at The Palms and once again, everything was fabulous!!! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shorejonVIPDined on 6/13/2014my wife and I gave dinner another try after about a year. Last year the service was over the top but the food was quest fair. This year the food remains just fair, but so was the service. It's a fun place to go, busy and energetic; but the staff seemed confused about who was to do which service. The steak was good but not for the price; there veal specialty dish had no taste and little veal. They should have called it a mushroom dish with veal accents. There are better steak houses in the area. I doubt we'll go back again, unless you're paying!Special Features: