Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
2801 Pacific Avenue
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Atlantic-City
- Phone: 6093447256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into The Palm & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From Coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that the Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (92)good for groups (77)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- My favoite PalmDebbieVIPDined on 7/8/2014I love The Palm in AC. Got the lobster for 2, it was amazing. Sue was our waitress, she was so very attentive. I have never been didappointed at this restaurant. Everything is perfect!!!Special Features:
- BonnieBonnieVIPDined on 7/6/2014I have visited The Palm on serveral occassions and as always was very pleased with the service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topsfunplace2dineDined on 7/5/2014excellent food,service and overall wonderful experience. the only objection can be the noise level. however, this is a very minor objection to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Globaby's 80thGLOBABYVIPDined on 7/5/2014It was a wonderful nite. food was ssooooooo good .sevice was great, noisy, but fun.We always enjoy the Palm.Food is much better in ac. My big party nite. good time.was had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPOINTINGANGELODined on 7/5/2014LAST YEAR I WENT THERE ON A FRIDAY FOR PRIME RIB, THEY SAID THEY DONT MAKE PRIME RIB ON FRIDAYS, THEY ONLY MAKE IT ON SATURDAYS, THIS YEAR I BOOK RESERVATIONS FOR SATURDAY AND THEY SAID THEY DON'T MAKE PRIME RIB ANYMORE, NOW I JUST CAN'T GO THERE ANYMORE,Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceJimKDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit to the Palm. The bar was very nice. The drinks were excellent. The food was very good. The portions were sufficient and the service was excellent. We definately would return to the Palm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner July 2nddrkimmieDined on 7/2/2014I'm a member of the 837 Club which gives special discounts on bottles of wine each month. My favorite wine was the discounted white of the month, but when I ordered it the waiter informed me that I'd been given last month's list by mistake. I didn't want to pay the extra $20 regular price because it was the restaurant's mistake. I asked to speak to the manager and an assistant manager came over and said there was nothing he could do as the computer wouldn't allow the discounted price to be entered. As the GM, Paul Sandler was making his rounds and asked how things were, I said fine except for the wine incident. He immediately sent over the other bottle at the discounted price. Thanks Paul for saving the evening and my faith in the Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014the lobster special is a great deal and prepared wellSpecial Features:
- Steven WolfWolfmanDined on 6/28/2014Found crowd to be a little old for me even. Many birthday party and anniversary celebrations. Food was good. A little disappointed in flavor of steak. Appetizers and sides were delicious. I was a little upset as I had 9 reservation and when table was ready put in in table in bar. Complained and got table in dining room (there were plenty-why 900 PM reservation and could not get earlier and why put me in bar)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelor PartyMike24Dined on 6/28/2014We had my bachelor party dinner this past weekend and the food was amazing. The filet mignon was very tender and the lobster was the best I've ever had. The dessert portions were very large, but equally delicious. I would definitely recommend this place for the food. The service was great all night, but we did have a waitor complain about the tip. That part left a sour taste in our mouth, but don't let that deter you. The food is top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.Mrmugs23Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I returned to the Palm for our anniversary, and we were not disappointed. They make the best bacon wrapped scallops, scallop cooked perfectly, bacon crisp. You also can't go wrong with any of the salads. I don't remember the name, but it was a chopped salad with greens, shrimp, avocado,egg, green beans, and more of that crispy bacon. Share it, you will need to save room for dinner! Steak of course- cant go wrong. We had bone in ribeye and the ny strip, both cooked as requested, with peppercorn brandy sauce and mashed potatoes on the side- yum! It's not cheap here, but I think a step above some of the other big name steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudsilvey626Dined on 6/28/2014the noise level was extremely loud, I would not recommend the AC location for dinner. The food was terrific but I couldn't even talk to my wife due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Amazing!Cruise521Dined on 6/26/2014The first thing we do when planning a trip to Atlantic City is book our reservation for dinner at the Palm! The food is absolutely amazing! The service is also one of a kind. The Palm is always very accommodating to our need and requests! Thank you for making our experience great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RoxMcDined on 6/24/2014Great food, great service! Have always had a pleasant experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014We have always loved the Palm for their good wine and delicious entrees. However, the red wine selection of wine by the glass was very disappointing on this trip. We also wanted surf and turf and were told that they ran out of lobster tails. I don't think we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealsgiuliano31Dined on 6/21/2014If you are looking to have the prime rib call in advance. It sells out fast. My husband was very disappointed that he couldn't get it. He got the steak instead and it was amazing. Portions are very big. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was a aliitle offfcasinoDined on 6/21/2014On our most recent visit, the service was off, our salad plates were left on our table while the entree was presented. our emply galsses were also left on table. Was NOT terribly busy night either. Waitress came to our table and just asked what we were having. never mentioned any specials or 837 memeber specials. i had to ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School/Great SteakgonefishinDined on 6/21/2014Can't speak on dining room. Only saw reception area & sat at booth in bar room. Bar area set up still makes for romantic meal. Fills up tho, can get a little noisy. Go 5-5:30. Dark heavy wood gives 'old' atmosphere. Feels like you should be having a scotch & cigar. Staff- professional/classy (even their uniforms) particularly our waiter who seemed to have had experience for many years working in high class places, but not stuffy, pleasant/personable, a few jokes, a lot of smiles, accommodating, repeated specials menu a few times without making us feel like we we're being pains. On expensive side, but portions are large & food is great, along with the ambiance it's worth it for a special meal. Online menu is incorrect, needs to be updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do one thing & do it wellDinnerOutDined on 6/20/2014Steak, potatoes, wine. The Palm does it well. The stick to what they know & execute it perfectly every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The very BestmikeyDined on 6/20/2014The food was outstanding the service was incrediable the staff was so helpfull and the whole experience was like no otherSpecial Features:
- AC PALM ; BEST NJ RESTAURANTFredw1762VIPDined on 6/19/2014Paul Sandler and his PALM crew always make it an outstanding dining experience . Sue , our server , anticipates our every need . My wife and I split the 4 lb lobster special . Each person gets a starter and we split one large side with dinner; all for $99 . It was the best lobster we ever had . Absolutely succulent ; broiled to perfection . Extra crisp hash browns were delicious and prepared exactly as we ordered it . We return regularly .Special Features:
- Great in everyway!DaveDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I dined at the Palm on Father's Day this past Sunday, and as always we loved it. When we arrived, our reservation was ready and we were able to be seated exactly where we had requested. Great food and excellent service! The Palm is one of our favorite and special restaurants, and one in-which we have never been disappointed. We would highly recommend the Palm to anyone and everyone!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 6/14/2014This was our second eating at The Palms and once again, everything was fabulous!!! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shorejonVIPDined on 6/13/2014my wife and I gave dinner another try after about a year. Last year the service was over the top but the food was quest fair. This year the food remains just fair, but so was the service. It's a fun place to go, busy and energetic; but the staff seemed confused about who was to do which service. The steak was good but not for the price; there veal specialty dish had no taste and little veal. They should have called it a mushroom dish with veal accents. There are better steak houses in the area. I doubt we'll go back again, unless you're paying!Special Features:
- jcgirlDined on 6/11/2014The Palm in Atlantic City never disappoints. From the service to the food, it's always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Lobster is Bellissimo !KennyVegasVIPDined on 6/8/2014During our recent weekend vacation in Atlantic City, my wife and I made an advance dinner reservation at The Palm and requested our favorite server, Chrissy. To start off, Chrissy recommended a bottle of Chardonnay which turned out to be the best Chardonnay that we have ever tasted. Then we ordered the Summer Lobster Special, and it was outstanding. We give an A+++ to both Chrissy and the Palm chef for a fabulous dinner - and we will be back soon.Special Features:
- last minute reservationsvdaydinerDined on 6/7/2014The food was very good - but pricey... Lobster bisque is my favorite... But so rich that next time I may just choose that and an appetizer...the only complaint is that the noise level was what I would describe as rowdy and distracting...not the right place for a romantic evening....I had to yell to my date to be heard...your wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm has outstanding summer specialSvenHarryDined on 6/7/2014Visited Palm Atlantic City 6/7. My wife and I both love lobster, so we ordered the Summer lobster special. Some people worry lobsters that size can be tough. Well, we were not disappointed. After the caesar salad appetizer (one of the better caesars I have had), we were served what turned out to be a moist and delicious and tender and perfectly broiled 5 lb lobster - I could not resist adding a pound for only $15. And its all cracked and shelled for you at the table. We ordered creamed spinach as our side and added an additional side, hash browns to round it all out. Again, could't resist. Or finish! What an extraordinary meal. And if you are lucky enough to get Gabe as your waiter, you are all set for an excellent evening at Palm A.C.Special Features:
- Great (except for the noise!)BigJeffVIPDined on 6/6/2014We enjoy The Palm in Philly, AC and in other cities when I travel for business, but the AC location is uniquely noisy - even when the restaurant isn't full - so much so that it distracts from table conversations and reduces the enjoyment of what would otherwise be a great experience! It's hard to fix acoustics, but I wonder if tehre isn't something that could be done to reduce the noise level.Special Features:
- JessieBDined on 6/4/2014We were greeted and seated immediately. Servers introduced themselves and took drink orders. Ordered the Lobster Special for 2. Food was well prepared especially the sides. This is the best Palm in the New York Philadelphia area.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNelvieDined on 6/2/2014I love the Palm, especially in AC. The food is good ,especially the Lobster. I love all the sidesSpecial Features:
- joebot926Dined on 5/31/2014I went to The Palm in Atlantic City for my friends bachelor party this weekend. They were able to handle my party of 8 no problem. Our server Jason was very knowledgeable about the menu and knew just how much of each appetizer we needed to order for everyone to share. The food was spectacular and everyone's steak was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Slightly biasedCoblegirlsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Normally we eat at the one in NYC in Tribeca, so I'm slightly biased in this review. I will admit that our server was great but the food was just okay. We ordered similar items that we normally get in NYC and something was just off here. For example we got the string beans as a side that come with pine nuts, pancetta and red pepper flakes. The strings beans had absolutely no flavor and the pine nuts just tasted like the oil they were cooked in. Allow me to say that there isn't anything wrong with this location, perhaps my palate is accustomed to the NY location. I still think you would have a great dinning experience. Also the bartenders were excellent almost to where we would have eaten there instead of a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it a palm?MadjaggerDined on 5/31/2014I live in north jersey. There a a few palm terraces in Bergen county. I thought this May have been related so I went. I love the palms in north jersey. This is not at that standard. While they tried hard they didn't pay enough attention to detail for my dollar. Expensive and living on a reputation of another fare?
- DebOCDebDined on 5/31/2014Always excellent! Food and service is consistently a 10. Tried other restaurants for special occasions and they can't compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectionDavidgVIPDined on 5/30/2014The Palm in Atlantic City is my favorite Palm restaurant and I have eaten at many. Paul runs a fantastic restaurant and the staff knows what they are doing. The lamb chops and steak we ordered were cooked to perfection and the wine list is always great.Special Features:
- FoodSurfNTurfDined on 5/30/2014I thought the food here was awesome! My girlfriend and I truly enjoyed the Surf n Turf for two. The lobster was awesome and the filet was just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmtreeDined on 5/30/2014Excellent Food. I have never had to send back or not LOVED anything I have gotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummyyummy!!YummyyummyDined on 5/28/2014Great food ,great waitstaff...fab experience as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PALM AC--OutstandingFredw1762VIPDined on 5/28/2014PALM AC, is NJ's best restaurant . Whether it be steak , lobster or fish everything is always outstanding .Special Features: