Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
2801 Pacific Avenue
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Atlantic-City
- Phone: 6093447256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into The Palm & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From Coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that the Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (88)good for groups (74)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great steaks but overpriced winesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The steak and service is great. The wine on the other hand is grossly overpriced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmFoodieDined on 8/10/2014It was delicious! Food was excellent! Calling all steak lovers.. Service was attentive and timely! Will go back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normDined on 8/9/2014Food quite good, but rather pricey. Service was O.K. but I would try to avoid a Saturday in the Summer.Special Features:
- Wait Service OutstandingARDJRDined on 8/9/2014Gabe was our server. He made our dinner extremely enjoyable. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMartySVIPDined on 8/8/2014What can I say always a great meal nothing is ever too much and the bone in filet wow. Adam as our server gave great service as always..Special Features:
- JudyDined on 8/8/2014Service was nonexistent. Food brought. Had no silverware , bernaise brought without spoon. Too expensive for that. Food just fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneGAnneGDined on 8/8/2014The lobster we were served was horrible , had to send it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MergermanMergermanDined on 8/6/2014Been there many times, but this was the best. Usually order steak, but had the Summer Lobster Special for two. Everything was done perfectly. Great deal! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Service was lackingdrkimmieDined on 8/5/2014Not up to usual Palm standards - and they weren't that busy. Our water glasses were never refilled, we poured our own wine and my dirty bread plate was pushed onto the unshelled lobster I requested wrapped to take home. Ick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDaveDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I have been to the Palm in Atlantic City on many occasions and have never been disappointed. From the moment that you enter the restaurant you get the feeling of a first rate experience. The entire staff is receptive to your every need and always at your beck and call. The food. I cannot say enough about the food. We started off with appetizers of Clams Casino and French Onion soup. Both were as good as you could possibly ask for. My wife had her first clam and the words out of her mouth were " oh my goodness, I cannot believe how good these taste". My French Onion Soup was the best I have ever tasted. The entree, Filet with a crab topping was to die for. This was not our first visit and certainly not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food & ServicenamelessVIPDined on 8/4/2014We go weekly to the Palm. It is amazing how they are always perfect. Scott the bartender makes you feel like family and also makes fantastic drinks. Anthony the manager is like a mother hen constantly checking to make sure every diner is happy with their meals. The place is exceptionally clean also. The only thing missing is tissues in the Men's room. We always recommend the Palm to our friends and they have never be disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstandingsteak4meDined on 8/4/20141st time at the Palm. It was our 29th wedding anniversary and wanted a nice meal. What we got was Outstanding from our Bacon wrapped scallops and Lobster Bisque. To my 24oz ribeye cooked to perfection & my wife's 15oz Lobster Tail. the complete dinner was great and the desert fantastic. Our waiter Anthony was great always there without bothering you every five minutes. All in all a great experience. Will be going again soon. Ask about the 827 club I joined good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Our dining experience was very good. The food was pricey but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentTerribleDined on 8/3/2014Food was okay...my husband and daughter had steaks and said they were excellent. I had the shrimp special which was not so good...shrimp was tough. Service was excellent. Ambience...we were seated in bar area near a door that lead to street so it was busy and noisy. It is very expensive...little too much for the food.
- Always GreatbiggamejamesDined on 8/2/2014Paul and Anthony always do a great jobs. The steak, sides, and service are always fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- azdrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent as always. Paul Sandler and staff do a first rate job.
- PerfectCTinACDined on 8/2/2014Perfect steak and sides. Definitely worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobster dealJD71fromNYDined on 8/1/2014We had the summer lobster for two. Great meal and great service . Excellent Caesar salad & lobster bisque . Next time I'll try the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7/31ChrisDined on 7/31/2014Service was just ok for such a high end place. A table arrived after us and they received more attention and were served first- friends perhaps. That really annoyed me as it was after 9pm and quiet making it more noticeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 7/27/2014WE had the lobster special and it was good. SErvice not the best. WE get much better service at Palm in Philadelphia. It took a long time to get our entrees.Special Features:
- 15 year dating anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014We come to the Palm every time we are in AC. This time was not great. We absolutely love the food here and were pretty disappointed with the food we had this visit. Starting with the tasteless calamari and ending with a filet mignon that didn't taste like filet should.Special Features:
- Great!annsamDined on 7/27/2014As usual the food & service was excellent! The split lobster dinner special for two was great & a priced right.Special Features:
- Great Staff2weekiwisDined on 7/26/2014The Palm is a really great place to go for a Steak,they are consistent the meat is excellent and the staff are very efficient//friendly with a good knowledge of their menu and happy to suggest what they think the customer in front of them may enjoy rather than just up selling because they have to. My server that night was Yasser who was just wonderful (Years of experience). Just one more thought, for anyone that hasn't been to this Palm they have to understand it is extremely busy and just goes off.But you would never know it as the staff really have there act together and deal with an extremely diverse clientele in a City that's tough to work in.Special Features:
- My dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The Palm's food is excellent, however very expensive. The waitress came over maybe once near the end of our meal and ask if everything was good. She was in such a hurry that we could hardly understand her because she was talking so fast to get other things done, she was running around going crazy and had no time to explain anything. Very disappointing because I really like the Palm. A little too late, don't you think? If it wasn't for the other workers walking around I would have never got a refill on my drink. Dessert was great, we ordered the warm doughnuts. Loved them. For dinner both of us ordered the filet mignon. The steak literally melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wingfriedDined on 7/25/2014Food was great as well as service but don't go for the ambiance and the noise level in the main dining area was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 7/24/2014This is our second time to the restaurant. In both cases, the waiter and the busser, although very polite, lean right into the table without saying excuse me to grab our plates, bring bread, etc. Our food came out and it was not prepared as we had asked this last time, and overall, the restaurant is loud, so better for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmnickkdbDined on 7/24/2014My family has dined at various Palm restaurants over the past few decades (NY, Orlando, Philly, Las Vegas, etc.) We have never been disappointed, great food, fair prices, great service and great locations. Our 43rd Anniversary dinner was no exception. Everything and everyone was great. I hope that we can the next 43 anniversaries will be celebrated the same way. I would make reservations now but I do not know what city we will be visiting. For this anniversary, Atlantic City in July was a perfect choice. Thanks for everythingSpecial Features:
- Best steak in ACOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014Although this Palm doesn't have the high end feel of those in major cities it's still the best steak in AC. The Quarter offers a decent scene in a city that's falling apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy tummyYummytummyDined on 7/23/2014My husband & I reserve our visits for special occasions & it never disappoints....the staff may not recognize our faces as we are not frequent regulars but it's nice to see a lot of the same faces of staff throughout the years. Not to mention their professionalism. The Palms has so many delicious starters but this last visit we just melted over the scallops wrapped in bacon w/balsamic reduction- as always they were perfectly cooked...white but not tough-extremely smooth & soft w/slight browning on top-bacon not hard/tough or overdone ...so many places cook scallops improperly - if you haven't tried them they are a must & it's a nice indication of the quality of the courses that will followSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and issuesPullamareDined on 7/20/2014There were so many knats that were flying around landing in expensive bottle of wine that when adressed with management was disregarded. 5 STAR RESTAURANT THIS WAS NOT. We had to place napkins on top of our food and drinks to avoid eating knats. This was a very special anniversary and was not an experience we would like to do go through again nor reccomend to any one. We have dined here in the past but never had an experience like this. When the issue with the knats were addressed tis the season summer time was the answer. There was no trying to correct the problem. For a dinner that cost over 300 dollars which might not be much for some folks customer satisfaction no matter who they are should be first please contact us to discussSpecial Features:
- Great food, service ok, too loudjco23Dined on 7/19/2014I took my wife there for her birthday (along with another couple). We each got the lobster for two for $99. The 3lb lobster was HUGE, grilled to perfection, and tasted great. The salads were good as well. The service was more than adequate, but there were some mistakes that I would not expect from a high-priced establishment: some brought out main courses to our table before we ordered; they brought out a wrong salad for one of us, and although they declawed the lobster for us, they confiscated our seafood forks, thus making the process not as easy to extra all of that succulent lobster meat. There was also a loud bachelor party next us, but can't blame the Palm for that. They did bring a complimentary birthday mouse cup for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dining experienceSSA1Dined on 7/19/2014Last Sat. Night we decided to try the Palm in Atlantic City for a change of pace. We took advantage of the dinner special and thought it was a good value. The food was not spectacular but still very good and the portions were more than adequate. The resturant was full and fairly noisy due to a number of large groups. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not Worth the PriceDanBVIPDined on 7/19/2014The Palm, compared to all of the other high end steak restaurants in the area, ranks last. The dining area looks old and tired in dire need of a renovation. The noise level is more than energetic, it is extraordinary loud. Our server was pleasant but lacked the sophistication of an experienced server. The food was consistent with other Palm restaurants. Caesar salad, onion soup and New York strip were very good. The tuna was a disappointment. Expect more for your money.
- Amazing high price for a vodkajerseygirlVIPDined on 7/19/2014Nice meal, great service. The food came so quickly it seemed like they wanted us out of the restaurant quickly. It wasn't always like this when we went other times. I was missing the summer lobster special - what happened to this classic event? I ordered lamb chops. So disappointing. Very, very fatty, and also very salty. I would have sent them back but didn't want to make a fuss in front of our group. I've had this dish before and it was always wonderful. The drinks were good, but my husband's Grey Goose on the rocks was $18. He joked that he could tell you a cheaper place to buy your liquor!! The tuna was very good, and the salads were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!Foodie712Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant was very nice, I took my husband there for his birthday. The food was good and came out hot with good portions. The service was even better! It's definitely a very pricey restaurant so not one we'd visit again unless it's for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Palm Atlantic CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent food, knowledgeable staff, great service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special celebration aren't special!FlossDined on 7/15/2014I enjoyed the meal, the service was excellent. I feel you should do more to make special celebrations more meaningful. When Bill an I went to Morton's in Florida, the table had sprinklers on it with a birthday card. The dessert was given to us free and they took our picture and put it in a paper frame. All our special events will be at Morton's in the futureSpecial Features:
- The AC PALM, always superbFredw1762VIPDined on 7/15/2014We are PALM regulars. We would not go to another AC steak house . The food and service is always superb . General manager , Paul Sandler , runs the very best NJ restaurant . Sue is the most outstanding server . The food and service is always outstanding .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2014Everything was great as usual. Always pleased with our visits to Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Good Dinner in Atlantic CityLemonheadsDined on 7/14/2014The Atlantic City location of the Palm is on the street level of the Quarter at the Tropicana. The open dining room is brightly-lit and pleasant. The food (both steak and seafood) was very good. Service was pleasant. It was an enjoyable meal.