Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
250 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-West
- Phone: 2123337256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael England
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the heart of the theatre district in Time Square, Palm Restaurant has become a hotspot for theatre-goers, celebrities, tourists and Palm Restaurant regulars alike. Loyal Palm Customers include Andy Cohen, Don King, Kathy Lee and Hoda and the cast of Book of Mormon to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)fit for foodies (116)good for groups (97)neighborhood gem (75)great for lunch (69)notable wine list (67)hot spot (47)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (39)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (23)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Lunch at The Palm was phenomenal.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2008Lunch at The Palm was phenomenal. The filet mignon was superb and the service was attentive and extremely efficient.Special Features:
- We went here to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2008We went here to celebrate my proposal presentation. The steak was incredible. Will come again and again. Felt very attended to.Special Features:
- Not cheap, but food is excellentDoctorMVIPDined on 4/14/2008Not cheap, but food is excellent and I almost always take home leftovers because the portions are enormous. Joining their 837 Club gives you a free lobster on your birthday and many "Club Only" specials and dining discounts. Definitely worth it. I never have room for dessert, but they are HUGE and look amazing.Special Features:
- The server was extremely friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008The server was extremely friendly and helpful. A pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- A group of us went to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008A group of us went to the show Secrets of a Soccer Mom on a saturday. On the website, were some advertised specials for brunch and a 3 course lunch. However, when we got to the restaurant and asked about the specials, they told us that they did not exist. On the show's website, not only were the prices listed but also the exact food items. It was very disappointing and ended up costing us a bit more money. I would not go back there because they didn't do anything for us. Another group went to a different restaurant and they got exactly what was promised.Special Features:
- An enjoyable dinner with asantoliniVIPDined on 4/9/2008An enjoyable dinner with a great waiter. Chocolate cake is over-the-top and enough for four!
- Burger was sent back as itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2008Burger was sent back as it wasn't cooked as requested. Live cockroach on my bench seat. Management not responsive.
- This restaurant is one ofnicknameVIPDined on 4/8/2008This restaurant is one of my favorites; I've never had a bad meal there. The service is always first-rate, professional and attentive. They honor their reservations, and do everything possible to make your meal a pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Everything came as ordered.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2008Everything came as ordered. Wait staff was very knowledgable. Fantastic food and service. We think this place is THE best for steak.!!!! (WE have tried many.Special Features:
- My wife and I went to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2008My wife and I went to eat last sunday. It was the first time we had been out to a very nice dinner since we had our daughter. The food was supurb. The lobster cocktail was simple yet perfectly poached and very flavorful. Our Steaks were spot on. As we both work in a busy midtown steakhouse ourselves we are very picky with our meat. They were both cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The broccoli was great the hash browns were not the higlight of the meal but were by no means dissapointing. We can't forget to mention your cheesecake which is dangerously good. As good as the food was it pales in comparison with the service we had. Iva i believe he name was great. Extremly welcoming, knowledgeable, and just plain friendly. Thanks Peter & KellySpecial Features:
- The hostess was very lazyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/5/2008The hostess was very lazy and very unprofessional. She let us stay at the bar to wait since we came in 15 minutes early. We were waiting for 30 minutes, yet she did not call us that our table has been ready since we arrived, and blamed us that she "thought" we were drinking, to think she wasn't even checking on us. I would like to go back to this restaurant (and become a member, actually) but if this happens to us again, I would tell everyone how bad service they have.
- Great restaurant and the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008Great restaurant and the same quality from LA to NYC Go thereSpecial Features:
- The dining room was so loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008The dining room was so loud that we decided to eat in the bar...besides, Memphis was playing UCLA in basketball and I'm from Memphis. Best decision I made all week. What fun we had..waiters were so nice and everyone was so attentive and pleasant to us. We really had a good time. Too bad Memphis blew it in the finals. Next trip to New York, I will be back to The Palm.Special Features:
- excellent and a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2008excellent and a great place to eat... great service...great barternders and managementSpecial Features:
- Service was great- as wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008Service was great- as well as the food. We felt very 'At home'. A little pricey, but a nice time overall.Special Features:
- Palm has some great specialsmichelleVIPDined on 4/4/2008Palm has some great specials for those in their 837 club we loved the lobster!!!Special Features:
- Great experience. AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2008Great experience. Awesome steaks and good service. Pricey but well worth the cost.Special Features:
- I had told them and confirmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/2/2008I had told them and confirmed that it was my daughters 18th birthday. The Palm is her favorite restaurant. While I am not a fan of it. I think that it is way too loud and the service can be uneven as it was the other night. We were kept waiting 15 minutes. When her dessert came, there was no mention of her birthday, I had to get up from the table and tell the hostess that they screwed up. About 5 minuted later they made a feebel attempt by putting a candle in a sorry slice of a cheese cake and 2 guys singing happy birthday, very pathetic.
- I come often with clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2008I come often with clients and always exceptional service and food.
- Everything was wonderful.49erfanDined on 3/28/2008Everything was wonderful. Our server, Robert, was a gem. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Richie, Chris, David, Amadeau,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008Richie, Chris, David, Amadeau, Robert, Kiril Armando - all the best !Special Features:
- Overall good, however, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Overall good, however, the service was not that "kid friendly" and a bit too anxious to serve (started to clear the table before we were finished, took the bread away before the main meal was served, asked why I needed an extra fork for my son, and looked anoyed when I asked for extra butter and a side plate to share).Special Features:
- unfortunately we haven't beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008unfortunately we haven't been able to go for a few years, so we were so overdue, as always it was an amazing dining experience. The food and service were unbelieveable, i tried the chilean sea bass from the Srping Fling menu, it was so divine, i wish i could eat it right now. Thanks Palm you are still the best :) and thanks Open TableSpecial Features:
- Food's good, but they reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2008Food's good, but they really put too much salt in everything.
- I requested a booth and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008I requested a booth and was not seated at one. Being the restaurant had just opened, it was 5pm on a Sunday, I did not question my request as I thought we had to sit in one section. I noticed upon elaving all the booths were filled and was disappointed that we did not get out requested area to sit. It was a birthday celebration and online mention was not even relayed either. I thought by privately stating on online reservation it was for a birthday, the server would have relayed congrats to birthday guest.Special Features:
- The steak was just ok. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2008The steak was just ok. The hash browns were extremly hard.Special Features:
- The BEST steak I have hadDrDaveVIPDined on 3/15/2008The BEST steak I have had in a long time. Highly recommend without question. On loud side, making quiet conversation unachievable. Service attentive but not overbearing. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- We've been Palm goer's forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2008We've been Palm goer's for 25 years and it's a shame to see that it continues to go down hill. The quality of the food has deteriorated to that of a chain/assembly line restaurant. The level of service, which used to be superb, has also fallen greatly. Our last several experiences have been very disappointing. We wish there were some great restaurants in this area of the west side so we wouldn't want to go and hope there had been positive changes.Special Features:
- The Palm always offers a solidOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2008The Palm always offers a solid and consistent meal, whether lunch, dinner or special occassion. A fantastic iconic New York City steakhouse that always pleases!Special Features:
- Waiter couldn't be botheredOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2008Waiter couldn't be bothered with our table since he knew he had to get us out to go to the theater. Never told us the specials, yet we heard them told to the table next to us. Next got the 2nd round of drinks that we ordered. We love the palm and have been to them in many different states. Next time we won't make the mistake of going to the one in the theater district, will be going back to the Palm TooSpecial Features:
- Reliable consistent food inOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/12/2008Reliable consistent food in a great area perfect for the pre-theater crowd. I frequent both the eastside and westside Palms. When I'm in the mood for a great steak, this is my destination.Special Features:
- The only problem I had wasmalomar1VIPDined on 3/12/2008The only problem I had was that my shawl was missing from the coat room and I called the next day to see if they found it a manager was supposed to call back and never did. The food however was very good and a great place for pre theater dinner. Jessica LiebhaberSpecial Features:
- big noisy place. took a whileZorGVIPDined on 3/11/2008big noisy place. took a while to get seated. mediocre experience which is not even close to east side locations.
- The Palm is one of my favotiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2008The Palm is one of my favotite restaurants and when ever I am in Philadelphia, NYC, Vegas, Boston,Orlando I make sure I take my family or my customers to the Palm. Never a bad meal.My visit to the Palm West Side NYC was not a memorable one. The main course took over 45 minutes after our salad to arrive, the waitress was very nice and polite. But nowhere to be found during that time in between courses. Whe the main course came finally, the Portorhouse was great. My wife's Shrimp speacial from the new menue was very tasty in the middle. The beans salad was very good. The Shrimp were dry, looked like they sat out for a half hour and very undersized.The table accross from us sat down a half hour later and was on dessert before we got main coursSpecial Features:
- appetizers were better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2008appetizers were better than the meal. Disappointed after all I had heard about how great it was. Did enjoy the wall caricatures...but will not go back
- It was good but not great.KenRDined on 1/22/2008It was good but not great. The food was good but not a good value. It is a good place to eat before a show.
- The food was delicious. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2007The food was delicious. You could cut the steak with a fork it was so tender. Everything was prepared perfectly and the staff were fabulous.Special Features: