Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
840 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-Too
- Phone: 2126975198
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Monday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Decker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
- Cross Street: Between 44th & 45th
- Public Transit: Closest subway stop is Grand Central Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking Garage
45th St. between 2nd & 3rd Ave
There are 2 garages across from each other (both validate)
Garage on the North side of 45th st: after 5PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
Garage on the South side of 45th st: after 6PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Built directly across from the ‘original’ Palm Restaurant to handle the growing guest demand, Palm Too is renowned for serving the bustling crowds of movers and shakers. Their famed walls are adorned with classic cartoons and caricatures of celebrities, politicians and socialites who make up its impressive customer base. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (77)good for groups (71)notable wine list (43)great for lunch (31)hot spot (25)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Palm Too for the Local SceneJoeConciergeDined on 5/3/2014While The Palm has diversified their menu, the stand-by's still impress i.e. steaks and lobster. Yet one would be remiss to skip the East Coast Gigi Salad, the varied veal/chicken options and of course the sides. While a Palm Too regular to be honest Sat night was a bit off from incorrect order delivery (ordered chicken martini provided veal,skimpy on the sun-dried tomatoes) to a petite order of Half&Half when supposed to be served family style all while dining with a friend whose had never been to The Palm. One off night does not make a trend and I have faith in the management and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show DinnerdoctorEDined on 5/3/2014Have been visiting various Palms around the country for two decades, and nothing has changed. Great waitstaff, excellent cocktails, wine and steaks. My usual is Clams Casino, Monday Night Salad, and a New York Strip with Asparagus. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueLokiVIPDined on 5/2/2014The "Power Lunch" is one of the best values in NYC!Special Features:
- Palm Too is simply terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/30/2014We eat there frequently and ALWAYS have a wonderful time! Great food. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 lb NovaharryopentableVIPDined on 4/29/2014My 3 lb NovaScotia lobster was great , but it is hard to crack and the servver could have taken greater pais to make it easier to crack. The salad, the wedge, was disappointing;ly small in terms of salad content. Finally the carrot cake was superbSpecial Features:
- Best steak is NYGaryWGVIPDined on 4/28/2014The food was outstanding and the service was attentive and the restaurant is just very comfortable and very friendly.Special Features:
- Not impressedFoodwineguruDined on 4/27/2014Great creamed Spinach. No Rib Eye which is only steak we wanted. Wine was good but not served with any professionalism. Not worth the reputation or the price.
- Let them eat steak or...PippiVIPDined on 4/22/2014choose fish, seafood and some Italian fare. The Gigi salad is excellent. Leave room for fabulous dessert choices too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime meat past its primeKGNH1Dined on 4/20/2014I have been a customer of the Palm restaurants for over 30 years, and in the past 2-3 years they have deteriorated in quallity. The dining experience (including food quality, service, and ambience) isn't what it was. My family was served steaks which were poorly prepared and flavorless; a far cry from my previous experiences at any of the Palm's outposts. There any any number of steakhouses in NYC (Wofgang's, Ben & Jack's, Sparks, Bobby Van's, del Frisco's) which are now better than the Palm. It's sad to see a NYC institution on the skids.
- Amazing food and service!BepetersonDined on 4/13/2014Our second time at The Palm Too...amazing. Everything was cooked to perfection. Our server was so helpful and super professional! A great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always love the PalmilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 4/12/2014delicious veal and chicken parmagiano. wonderful luigi salad and brussel sprouts. and absolutely amazing, jaw-dropping chocolate cake. we had a wonderful evening relaxing and eating with old friends. cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love The Palm TooilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 4/11/2014We love all The Palms. We had a wonderful, funny, old school waitress last night. The veal and chicken parmasean are outstanding. brussel sprouts are nicely charred, the special Luigi salad has everything in it., and the lobster bisque was delicious. the best is the big slab of chocolate layer cake-served stabbed with a huge knife! we were so comfortable in our booth we chatted with old friends for over 2 hours. cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect business lunch in MidtownkellyVIPDined on 4/10/2014If you want a perfectly cooked steak or salmon, this is the restaurant to dine, conveniently located in midtown east. Service is extremely attentive (Franco and Nick). It is my go-to place for a business lunch as well as dinner. Portions of food were more than ample and a variety of vegetable accompaniments are offered. Desserts (we had the cheesecake) are divine. There is also a complete list of wines/alcoholic beverages, but we were returning to work. Highly recommended for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, waiter was annoyingDbf22VIPDined on 4/8/2014Great food, waiter was annoying stood over us until we orderedSpecial Features:
- Using up creditMthasekiDined on 4/7/2014I think Plam Too is using up credit built up over the years, but prices are keeping up with the times!
- The Best Palm in the group!MontaukPPHDined on 4/2/2014Gus and the team are exceptional. The staff makes you feel special. Yes, I am a Palm regular with 20,000 837 points and the food and service at this Palm makes it my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York FeelgottagobackVIPDined on 4/2/2014The bar area is small, but bustling with chatter. Great Martini, and a feel that I really like. The Restaurant is very quaint, but high energy. Food was wonderful. Get the Calamari, it is a lot to eat and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant for great steaks!Lovetravelling0820VIPDined on 3/30/2014Annual Summertime treat = 5lb lobster for my husband! Spectacular! As long time fans, what we miss about older Palm Too menu options: 1. What happened to the terrific fresh, cold seafood salad entrée?Special Features:
- waitstaff/hosttootsieDined on 3/30/2014We always had a waiter who had been there for 16+ years...he's gone. Instead we were confronted by the host who thought he was a comedian and a waitress who referred to the steamed lobster towel as a "RAG." I told her for $50 it is known as a towel or napkin. All the steaks had to be returned as they were not cooked to request. The website states a dress code....it seemed as if all the patrons there that day used the homeless bins for their wardrobe. It's not the same anymore.......
- Consistently good food andpotatochipVIPDined on 3/26/2014Consistently good food and service and always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/22/2014Consistent great food, great service from Carlo, always on our listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/20/2014Service was excellent as was the strip steak on the boneSpecial Features:
- The Best Steak in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2014Year in, year out The Palm Too and The Palm serve classic New York style food in a classic NYC environment.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2014My wife an I have frequented the Palm near Chambers Street in NYC and decided to check this venue out and to no surprise... it was spectacular. The food, service and host were great. We had two interesting conversations with our server and bus boy. We plan on making this our spot. My wife loves the Palm and what better place to dine but here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am always satisfied andGeorgeVIPDined on 3/10/2014I am always satisfied and I enjoy eating at the Palm TOO. I appreciate the warm welcome and the good and prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be Here When Many Others GO!rockdoveDined on 3/9/2014The Palm and Palm Too have been here in town for as long as I can recall, and deservedly so. Excellent place to tuck into various cuts of steak and prime rib, legendary lobsters. And the server cracks all the claws for you too! We took advantage of their 'Sunday Night Special' deal...mussels, one pound lobster and prime rib, and we both left with take home bags.Special Features:
- special datersjztnDined on 3/9/2014we love palm 2. convenient area,great food, wonderful service. Steak is outstanding. large lobsters can feed two. Half and Half (onions n potatoes) is a must. Prices on high side but worth it. ]Special Features:
- What happened?MshapsVIPDined on 3/7/2014I use to come here all the time, but had not been in a while. I went last night and could not believe it was the same place. Long story short, the steak was cooked with its plastic wrapper on it. Then served to me
- Special EveningGregFDined on 3/1/2014We recently celebrated my wife's birthday at Palm Too, and were greeted as soon as we walked by Gus, the lady in coat room then gave us a warm welcome and off we went to the booth for two that we had requested. A new waitress, who transferred fromthe Palm in San Antonio introduced herself, and proved to be a very experienced server, with a fine knowledge of the menu and specials along with the wine list. We had a wonderful evening and are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Awesome Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/16/2014Made a last minute reservation and wasn't disappointed. The steak was cooked exactly as asked and the creamed spinach and brussel sprouts were delicious. Service was great, atmosphere was casual but lively. Would def come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good!NickNameDined on 2/15/2014We liked everything about our experience at the Palm too. I expected the food and service to be on a high level and they were. Order the smaller portions of the salads unless you are sharing. They are quite large. Both of us had filet with lobster claw - cooked perfectly. We had heard the creamed spinach was good and it was. The one place it could have been better would be desert. We split carrot cake which we thought was good but not great. Service was attentive but not overbearing. All in all a very nice night. Oh the bartender is heavy handed on the booze so take it easy on the drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceupstatenewyorkerDined on 2/15/2014had a very nice dinner for 8 for a birthday celebration. easy to book through Open Table. Food was great, service was excellent. Really would have liked the overhead TV to be turned off though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for steakChuckVIPDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had a very nice greeting by the staff. The service was attentive, but it did take a very long time to get our salad. We had the Monday Morning Salad, which was quite good (you do have to like a little anchovie!). My wife had the Veal Martini which was superb, highly flavorful and perfectly done. I had the sesame seared tuna. The waiter wanted to know when I ordered it how I wanted it prepared (blackened, broiled etc), but it was a set preparation with the sesame coating. I ordered it medium rare, but it did arrive barely rare (ice cold inside with just a touch of sear). It was good sushi. I suspect that Palm Too is great for meat and steaks, so if you are going there, I would have that in mind as my main course.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant came recommended to us by one of my girlfriend's coworkers. We were seated as soon as we got in to the restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive. He was very nice and knowledgeable not only on the menu but I'm other things going on in New York City. The bag of donuts are a must-have when visiting the restaurant. Overall it was a great Valentine's Day dinner. We most definitely will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so delicious.pjean1004Dined on 2/14/2014The food and service was wonderful. I loved the ambience.Special Features:
- Love this placeCindyDined on 2/10/2014Both The Palm and The Palm Too have consistently delicious food as well as truly huge portions. Service is consistently good as well.The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love the PalmCharVIPDined on 2/1/2014Always satisfied at the Palm...One and Too. Best steaks, salads, sides...always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many loud Bronco's fansSenoraGBLDined on 1/31/2014Too many loud Bronco's fans this past Friday night. Guess they've quieted down by now.Special Features:
- My family and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014My family and I have been going to the Palm for many years but over the years, the service and food quality have dropped. While still good, it's no where near what it was. Case in point, on my most recent visit I ordered my usual; veal parmesan. When the main course came, my veal was beyond burt. The situation was fixed but that fact that they actually served it to me like that was a complete joke. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Steak and friendsBzaitaVIPDined on 1/26/2014This is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. The people who run this establishment together with the waitstaff and bartenders are the friendliest in town. No pretensions here. The steaks can at times be inconsistently cooked, as was this night, but when brought to the attention of our waiter it was quickly resolved with a smile.Special Features: