Palm Restaurant - Dallas
701 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Dallas
- Phone: 2146980470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Kotsifos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Dallas
The Palm Restaurant in Dallas is quintessentially Palm and quintessentially Dallas. From caricatures on our wall of famous Palm regulars to the depicted Dallas Cowboy greats, you cannot find a better combination of smooth New York Steakhouse style and Dallas charm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (24)romantic (23)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great anniversary dinner date!MortimerDukeDined on 3/8/2014I like to take Mrs. Duke out to nice dinners on our anniversaries. We've tried some of the Palm's competitors and so we went here since the Mrs. hadn't been yet. She really enjoyed the food and a great Sauv Blanc. The filet "lobscar" was an awesome variation to an already tasty combination. This is a steak/seafood house but the chicken parm is really delicious! Service was great, we would go back and we will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster was outstanding andLamarDined on 3/8/2014Lobster was outstanding and Salmon outstanding also. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch!STTFLYGIRLDined on 2/27/2014The food as always was incredible! Love the side dishes of asparagus fritti and their potatoes! My favorite dish? One I order every time..... Calamari. At our table 2 filet mignons and one Chilean bass were ordered! They were all delectable . We love the PalmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occaision DestinationMurfDined on 2/19/2014Steaks are exceptionally delicious, service is excellent without hovering. Salad was the best I've had Downtown. Will return, next Anniversary!Special Features:
- Meet at the PalmACmeetingDined on 2/18/2014And they will come. Great service beginning with the.valet and continuing throughout the excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always has been my experience,MikeDined on 2/15/2014As always has been my experience, it was wonderful. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Relaxing DinnerValentinoDined on 2/15/2014Took the wife for Valentine's day dinner. We had a great time, the food was good, and the service was Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestmooseDined on 2/14/2014We don't mind spending a lot of money on dinner as long as it is wonderful. $13.50 for a side sauce iwth lobster/cognac?! Would have been nice if 'Jenna' had mentioned that. We had a very difficult time finding the 4oz of lobster in the sauce. Hash browns were very greasy, and when we mentioned tha,t the reply was 'they aren't good without a lot of grease'. Butter, olive oil....that's okay, but these tasted awful! The white wine list by the bottle is very small an average at best. For the money head to Al Biernat's, where the food is ALWAYS wonderful, the wine list is extensive, and the potatoes are perfectNot to mention wonderful and PLEASANT service.
- Great as I rememberedKellerFam13Dined on 2/14/2014I hadn't been to the Palm in a while but I booked a reservation for Valentine's day for me and my wife. The food and service was as impressive as I had remembered. We had a great time and hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Tasty and ComfortableJimPalDined on 2/14/2014We went to the Palm for Valentine's dinner and had a great time. The staff was in the spirit with lots of festive red ties and hearts and such. The restaurant is not stiff and formal but light hearted and friendly which was nice. I was also very pleased to be able to order off of the regular menu and not a special Valentine's submenu. We had a great meal and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to exceedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014The Palm has outstanding food and service without fail each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable timeprexDined on 2/14/2014I had such a great time, it wad relaxing and comfortable being eith a wonderful friend and my husband. He told me so much about the restaurant and he was right , it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereDJCassadyJrDined on 2/6/2014Went with friends, had a great meal and good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamy Datekatydidz1Dined on 2/6/2014Had an excellent evening! Friendly Valet Service, wonderful dinner with great wait staff..from beginning to end, great evening! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 of 4 meals was very good....4thOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/30/20143 of 4 meals was very good....4th meal was of poor qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent andbill57kathyVIPDined on 1/27/2014Service was excellent and provided at the proper time and waiter did not interrupt conversations but waited till they were finished before talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm is always the best....CurtisDined on 1/12/2014Very friendly & laid back atmosphere. Food is always perfect. Large portions of prime beef & great seafood. Go & enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardsHaroldVIPDined on 1/11/2014My husband & I go to the Palm several times a year & really enjoy it. We love the food, the staff is friendly & the service it usually top notch. Unfortunately when we ate there last Saturday night it was not up to their normal standards. It took a while for our waitress to bring us menus, but we weren't in any hurry so that was no big deal. It then took about 25 minutes for her to come take our order & we finally had to ask for water! I noticed she poured our water in the wine glasses that were on the table & everyone else had proper water glasses. It took a while for our food to come & I was disappointed that we each ordered the 15 oz lobster & my husbands was MUCH larger than mine. We were not offered bread with our meal either.Special Features:
- Wonderful group dinnerMattymointxDined on 1/11/2014Took a group of 10 for dinner after a trade show. Our server, April did an excellent job and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was superb. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2014Our waitress was superb. The neighboring table guests were extremely loud and was a huge distraction and made it difficult to talk. We'll ask to be moved. The food was very good but did not provide a "wow" factor. Prices slightly inflated for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BirthdaysKellyvolfanVIPDined on 1/2/2014I like to take clients and friends to The Palm for special occasions and this lunch didn't disappoint. We were celebrating my friend's birthday and we both ordered the steak chop salad. We passed on the free birthday dessert (watching calories) but were delighted when, as a substitute, a candle embedded in whipped cream and a raspberry was brought to the table. Such a nice touch. Such a great time as always. And the salad was amazing.Special Features:
- Good but had it's flawsNightOnTheTownDined on 12/31/2013We dined at the Palm on New Year's Eve. We waited in the bar area for our table to be ready (we did have reservations). The bartender was nice, energetic and friendly. Once seated, our waitress was friendly and upbeat, but she lacked in customer service. We only saw her maybe three times the entire hour and a half we were seated at the table. She came to take our order, I had to flag her down for a straw at one point, and my husband had to flag her down for the check. She never even came by to check on our food once it was delivered. When she finally brought our receipt back, she reeked of cigarette smoke. I suppose she had been out on a smoke break the whole time. Although she was friendly, I expected more from such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceSeekinggoodfoodDined on 12/31/2013We love good food and do not mind paying for it, but this was not worth the price. My swordfish steak was descent, but a little dry. I would have thought $28 instead of $39 was fair for what I received. My husband had a chicken dish that was listed as one of their original menu items. It was terrible. He ate about three bites and was thankful we still had bread on the table. The calimari was good and the portion size was generous. The butter for the bread was also good.
- The Palm gives consitentlykatiDined on 12/31/2013The Palm gives consitently excellent service as well as consistnetly excellent food! Ive never had a less that grand experience when dining at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abominable ServiceDT69VIPDined on 12/31/2013Unacceptably slow and completely in attentive service for a restaurant that is supposed to be higher-end. We live downtown and WONT be back.
- New Years EveJohnLVIPDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve, like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, can be terrible times to dine out, but not at The Palm. Service and food was at its usually impeccable level. Although our entree was a bit delayed, our server kept us apprised and the manager personally brought our bone-in rib eye to the table. Sides of green beans and au gratin potatoes were first class. A++ rating !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BON APPETITOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Portions are generous; SERVICE TOP NOTCH 3 LB lobster was juste and prepared to perfection The 14 oz filet came to the table as requested rare-warm center Two sides that I recommend that pair well with these dishes are: Greenleaf spinich cooked with garlic and olive oil Half and half house speciality; which is a generous portion of fresh thin sliced potato chips and fine onion stringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksLugnutDined on 12/24/2013Ate here on Xmas Eve with the family. Service was fantastic and steaks were great. Try the donuts for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality mealmojoDined on 12/24/2013I had the lobster, which was excellent, and my family enjoyed the prime rib, mushrooms, and leaf spinach. I was especially pleased by the Disney princess coloring pack available for my two-year-old daughter. It contained crayons, an activity book, and princess stickers and helped keep my daughter pacified as the rest of us enjoyed our meal. She'll eat just about anything, so she shared with all of us. It might not be the best spot for kids who are very picky eaters (I'm pretty sure they don't serve chicken fingers), but we enjoyed it quite a bit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As with any "Palm" locationSpaceWranglerVIPDined on 12/14/2013As with any "Palm" location great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you expect for the costDanielgoDined on 12/14/2013The good was good, but the service was less than desirable. When we go somewhere as expensive as this dinner was, I expect the service level to match, but what we got rivaled a chilis or on the border.
- Always great foodKellyvolfanVIPDined on 12/12/2013We dined at The Palm for a business lunch with a client and it never disappoints. It's a convenient location, the food is great, the service is warm and friendly. The business lunch is a winner.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/5/2013Great for all occasions that support a little higher budget.Special Features:
- We were celebrating the birthdaypicklefaceDined on 11/29/2013We were celebrating the birthday of a loved one who died last year. The Palm was his preferred restaurant for celebrations. We had a memorable time.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving feastAnnetteDined on 11/28/2013Fabulous Thanksgiving dinner and excelleny value for the quality of food, PLUS the full regular menu was available and outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013We went there for Lobster because our friends recommneded. It is a big disappointment. I will not go back for Lobster any more.
- Relaxing ThanksgivingfoodisentertainmentDined on 11/28/2013My husband and I chose The Palm for our Thanksgiving lunch. Another Thanksgiving memory to add to our list. We were not disappointed. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow dayIkedallasVIPDined on 11/27/2013Suprisingly The Palm is a good place for good steaks and good service this time it was an exception as service was very poor, there was only one server in the entire restaurant and only two tables occupied and still our server was much less than attentive or wanting to be of service, she disappeared for long periods never inquiring about what we wanted or if the food was good There was no manager or a hostess I requested bread sticks that are normally served and she was rationing them as she only brought ONE bag, bread was sent back as it was cold or old? Perhaps this is an exception because it was one day before thanksgivingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fillet was great!AussiekoalaVIPDined on 11/24/2013Filet was perfect! Cheesy potatoes and Cesar salad were so great! Delicious mealSpecial Features:
- Yummy!JeniVIPDined on 11/22/2013As always, our experience was great! The service was wonderful and the food was awesome!Special Features: