Palm Restaurant - Dallas
701 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Dallas
- Phone: 2146980470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Kotsifos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Dallas
The Palm Restaurant in Dallas is quintessentially Palm and quintessentially Dallas. From caricatures on our wall of famous Palm regulars to the depicted Dallas Cowboy greats, you cannot find a better combination of smooth New York Steakhouse style and Dallas charm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (24)romantic (23)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DisappointedLAWRENCEDined on 6/25/2014Went to celebrate a promotion of a friend. Shared a 4 lb Lobster with mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse Chardonnay. Finished with 7 layer chocolate cake and Key Lime pie. For $350 I expected a lot more. The preliminary cocktails were watered, the lobster was overcooked, and the brussel sprouts were undercooked. The decaf cappacino cup was so hot I cold not hold it and had to request another cup. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Will not be going back. There are too many other restaurants in Dallas where the food is excellently prepared for this priceSpecial Features:
- It was a great experience.SuperDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed high quality food, exceptional service and they made celebrating a special occasion even more special. It was a Sunday night so it wasn't very crowded, which made it more quiet than usual. The summer lobster special is well worth it, and the sea bass was exceptional.Special Features:
- Food Fantastic but 837 Club a joke!sld007Dined on 6/21/2014I love going to the Palm! Last Saturday night, I took a very special girl on our second date there and it was wonderful. We had the $99 special for 4 lb. lobster plus two salads and a side. Great deal and I added two extra lbs. of lobster for only $30 total. The service was great, the atmosphere electric and romantic and my date loved everything! Only problem waitress couldn't find my 837 club number and I had to call today whereupon I was told that it had expired in 2009! I was never informed that this had happened! Also, I had just dined at the Palm in January and spent about $400 and was told that it would be applied to my membership! So strange! It is now going "up to corporate" whatever that means so 837 club get your act together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCREELDined on 6/21/2014Our night started at the bar where we were very happy with the service provided.dinner was off the charts, our server was very good and patient with our indecisive ordering,so much to choose from.we will defineately be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Nightlmoon2550Dined on 6/20/2014From the time we entered the night we knew the evening would be special. Relaxed and comfortable, but prompt service were the order of the evening. Charming server knew what to recommend. My son and I both had fish dishes that were beautifully cooked, my daughter had either beef or veal Oscar and my husband had a wonderful 4 lb lobster he raved over. Desserts were offered and I highly recommend the "Bag of Doughnuts". It's a very special dish.Special Features:
- Best Lobster in the Worlddmeyer55Dined on 6/18/2014We ordered the lobster dinner special for two. As I remembered the Nova Scotia 4lb lobster is one of the best on the planet due to the ice cold water found there. The hashbrowns, key lime pie and Grey Cellars (wine by the glass) were all equally amazing. I highly recommend the lobster at the Palm, which is on special all summer long!!Special Features:
- Chicago is betterGustoDined on 6/16/2014Very quiet and the food was average. I had the palm salad, which I do love, and then the tuna steak which wasn't bad but it was odd and not very flavorful. My friend has the lobster salad which she liked. Service was lackluster.
- through with going on special daysfishfoodieDined on 6/15/2014We were disappointed with our time on Father's Day. Had the 22oz T-bone-which wasn't as thick as the steaks I grill at home and full of gristle. Had to sit at small table. The au gratin potatoes were great, as was the lobster bisque. The crab cake was ok, but relish/sauce too spicy. We have loved the ambience and food in the past, and may come again, but not for the "specials" or on special days. Definitely paid way too much for an average experience.
- FabulousGtarzanDined on 6/14/2014Food, service was amazing. One of the best steaks I have ever had, our server was exceptional, never a want for anythingSpecial Features:
- Great Upscale optionDallasdinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014Not sure why it took so long to try this place out...but now that I have, I'll return! Service was spot on without a single issue. Good was great and the kitchen even did special order without issue or question . Crowd was very mixed ....it's an upscale place but saw a guy wearing only a t shirt. But it's nice to be upscale and laid back as well. Take your friends and enjoy a great dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday!Celebration4everyoneDined on 6/10/2014Wonderful experience every time we go! My husband loves to have his birthday dinner here every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommendation failedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014I do enjoy dining at the Palm. However, I recommended it to a family member and they had a terrible experience. The said the food was great, but service was rude and very bad. Having been to the Palm several times, and experiencing great service, I was very surprised that the experience was so poor based on my suggestion. I won't recommend it again.
- My first disappointment at The PalmJoyeDined on 6/2/2014I have been to The Palm many times both at this location and many others so we dropped in for lunch this week and were very disappointed. My burger was over- cooked and I had to examine the top of it carefully to see the tiny spot of cheese. Would have sent it back but we didn't have the extra time. The others in my party were not impressed. But the kicker was $4.95 for a glass of iced tea. You have got to be kidding me. Does that include a surcharge for sending the chef to North East China to hand pick the tea leaves? I know I will be back to The Palm but probably not for lunch and I certainly will not be ordering iced tea.Special Features:
- PRIME, all the way!dolyseDined on 5/31/2014The Palm has such amazing food and drinks! Wait staff is there for, YOU! If you want to WOW someone, this is the place to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gselleVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food and service were excellent. The crab cakes are just that - crab!! Delicious!Special Features:
- We LOVE the Palm!!JustHereForTheFoodDined on 5/17/2014Our experiences at the Palm have us booking a table time and again! We love the food, the service, the location, the atmosphere. We'll see you again soon! :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantastic steak!MikeM83Dined on 5/15/2014We've been to Palm restaurants all over the country for one reason - consistently fantastic steak. Is it the best steakhouse in the world? No. Is it the best in the US, even? No. But it is a delicious product for a reasonable price. While our favorite Palm is in Vegas, this one is in our backyard. The location is unassuming, even unflattering, but once you step inside, you could be in any Palm restaurant in the US. Service was fantastic and efficient. Filet Oscars were amazing and creamed spinach was delicious. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 5/14/2014The service and attention from the staff was excellent ! The server knew not to interrupt until a conversation was completed to discuss lunch items or as if anything was needed. Great experience as alway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Qualityluv2dineoutDined on 5/11/2014The quality of the food is fair and the prices are over the top. I heard the chicken parmesan was great, average at best. This generally comes with pasta, not at The Palm, it was an additional $10.00. WOW If I had known I was going to pay $42.00 for chicken and pasta, I would have gotten the steak. A side baked potato is also $10.00. I knew dinner was going to be expensive going there, but I don't like getting ripped off.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I have been a club member for a few years ( and found no real benefit ) and have dinned at the Dallas location many times. However, mothers day lunch was a hugh disappointment. The service was slow and the food was over cooked. Due to the fact that we had a baby with us, I had asked that we get served quickly so that others around us would be able to enjoy their lunch but we were there over an hour and a half. And on top of that, I requested that the cook grill a small piece of salmon for the baby which took over 30 minutes and charged me $36. My steak was turned in as Medium and whatI got was well-done. I spent over $400 for this meal and I have to say, it was one of the most over priced meal I have eaten. Not renewing and not coming back.
- The Old StandbyTomjDined on 5/10/2014The Palm ALWAYS does it right. Finest Mother's Day Celebration in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Clams casino and the ribeye were delish. The noise level wAs very high though with multiple large groups for graduation. Difficult to hear the person across you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Excellence (as always)JohnParkVIPDined on 5/9/2014This was an amazing experience from start to finish. Simply flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014Well-trained staff, perfectly prepared food and walking distance from downtown office. Great combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014It was the first time going for 5 of 6 in our group and we all enjoyed our experience. Our waitress Katherine was exceptional and the food was outstanding and the dessert was delicous. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the PalmGrace77VIPDined on 5/1/2014We booked a table for a special occasion -- our son's 30th birthday. He loves this place, and so do we. The food was perfect, but the service was exceptional. We'll be sure to do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceYumJudgeDined on 4/27/2014I ordered the veal and ended up sharing my fiancés meal by I didn't like it, but his was delicious and the capri salad I had was so yummy! They did not charge me for the veal since I didn't like it. I didn't ask for them to take it off, which I thought was very nice of them. Our server was very friendly and professional. Overall great experience. My only complaint is that it was VERY pricey, but we wanted a romantic, upscale (splurge) evening so it was ok.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!JustHereForTheFoodDined on 4/27/2014We had a great experience dining at the Palm with a large group! We had an extra person show up at the last minute, and the staff graciously accommodated the change. The food was delicious and served with great timing (quite an achievement with a large group). We'll be quick to book the Palm for our next group outing!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Loved the food and the service was excellent! Highly recommend the Palm. Lobster bisque and filet were amazing.Special Features:
- SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We were quite disappointed in the quality of the steaks. Both my son and I ordered the TBone medium rare. They both came out medium, the filet side was closer to well done, and the cut was quite thin for a high end restaurant. They cooked 2 more for us, which came out cooked correctly., although the meat was on the tough side. My husband's NY Strip was also not up to par for such a high end restaurant. The sides were excellent and the service was outstanding.
- Bobby417VIPDined on 4/17/2014Great and consistent restaurant. The lobster is always prepared first rate, never overcooked or tasteless. The service is also attentive and efficient. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit on the pricey side. $$$$IrockrDined on 4/7/2014Steaks run close to $50 almost every size and cut and everything else is a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyfoodieforlifeDined on 4/5/2014The food was great, but really expensive. For 2 people, we spent $200 on dinner. The service was almost too good. The waiters came to our table about 5 times after we got our food to ask how things were, which was a bit annoying.Special Features:
- Great NightJohnDined on 4/5/2014I and my wife had a great night with the staff of the Palm. I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys good food and great service!Special Features:
- excellentdestindianeDined on 4/5/2014Service was excellent, salad was excellent (Tomato Capri), wine was excellent, Entrée was excellent (Bone-in ribeye and filet), sides were excellent, dessert (raspberry cheesecake) was excellent! Thanks for an enjoyable evening and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had two special requstkevinDined on 3/29/2014We had two special requst one for a special toping on the swordfish and one for Gluten issues. The chef came to our table to confrim the request and made sure that the meals were prefect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went early, 5:30 and placeTomLDined on 3/26/2014Went early, 5:30 and place was empty entire time even when we left at 7:30. Waitress was weak, all she recommended was most expensive items "her favorites". Client asked for "the very smallest rib eye possible". She brought him a 26 oz. bone-in rib-eye. When questioned later she said, "that's our smallest rib-eye". What a good waiter would say is, "Sir, our smallest rib eye is 26 oz. I might suggest the 8oz filet mignon if you want something on the small size". Obviously the 26 oz. rib eye was way more than the 8 oz. filet. All she was interested in was running up the tab. Came by 3 times to ask if we wanted another bottle of wine when first one wasn't finished. Will not return. Prices are absurd, even for a Dallas steakhouse
- Loved celebrating my one yearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014Loved celebrating my one year anniversary here! Just happened to drive by earlier that day, set a reservation and had the best dinner ive ever had. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with history.jimegainDined on 3/10/2014From the moment you walk in and see all the faces on the wall, you know this place has history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the $$$dgh1958VIPDined on 3/10/2014Although the menu is entirely a la carte, there was no problem with customizing order. Menu is diverse. Entree portions were huge and the food was served at the proper temperature. Loved everything!Special Features: