3565 Mt. Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9252998700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Service Nightly at 5:30PM Lunch Service M - F 11:30AM to 3:00PM Afternoon menu offered between
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Stewart Beatty
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With the holidays just around the corner we are pleased to offer five different spaces that provide a unique setting, which can be tailored to meet the needs of your event. All of our rooms are ideal for special celebrations as well as business events. Visit www.postinorestaurant.com for more info.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Crotty 9252998700
A word from Postino
Winner of the Best Restaurant Awards from DIABLO MAGAZINE and THE EASTBAY EXPRESS. Postino is located in a historic brick and slate-roofed Carr Jones designed former post office in downtown Lafayette. Inspired by the traditions of Italy with an American inclination, Postino delivers a seasonal menu using the finest local and imported ingredients. We serve the full menu at bar and have walk in tables available in the lounge and patio. Private rooms and banquet spaces seat 6 to 250.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Postino - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Postino reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)great for outdoor dining (121)romantic (121)neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (65)good for groups (56)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (15)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Yummm!PattyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Chef Stewart made a Salmon salad as the special that was so delicious! We celebrated a birthday, had great service, wonderful food and a fun time!Special Features:
- Pretty, but limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Decor and ambiance are lovely, but menu choices at lunch were limited for someone looking for a low carb lunch. Service was quite slow.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinner par excellence!Aye8greatDined on 5/11/2014Delightful restaurant for a special occasion. Lovely antipasti, wine list, entrée, and service. Not cheap but worth for the right time. Can be noisy at times.Special Features:
- Will Be Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Food is very good. Wine list is not large, but reasonably priced.Special Features:
- My FavoritemkrincaDined on 5/11/2014Postinos has been my favorite restaurant since moving to East Bay. It has charming ambiance, great food, good value and service. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Postino's comes through againJakeDined on 5/11/2014I had not eaten at Postino's for some time but decided it would be a good place for Mother's day brunch. We showed up a bit early but were immediately seated. The service was very attentive. My daughter wanted an off the menu dish which was provided without the slightest hesitation. Our brunch plates were very well prepared (I have the duck breast sausage which was outstanding). I need to remember this place more often as a place to land. With the number of choices of excellent places to eat in the Central Contra Costa area, this one should stay near the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre- Mom's Day dinnerNew2OTDined on 5/10/2014Service was great, food was very good but a little too noisy. We were seated off the main dining room, under the low ceiling. Nice and romantic, but hard to hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingMariDined on 5/10/2014Postino's is slipping. Very sad. My last two dinners there were "okay" and "bad." My friend had your signature short ribs dish, and it was pretty dry, and the peas were overcooked. My husband's salmon was just okay. My pizzetta was AWFUL. The crust was clearly some pre-manufactured thing that came out of the freezer. I couldn't even cut it, it was so doughy and undercooked. Romaine used in Caesar salad was floppy and dark green, not pure romaine hearts, like you used to do it. I don't know what is going on, but I hope this can be turned around, because I have always loved this place.Special Features:
- GrottoDined on 5/10/2014I took some friends out to dinner for a goodbye dinner as they are moving to Seattle so I wanted a special evening. Our waitress was excellent and she added to the enjoyment of the evening. The food was delicious from the ceasar salad, the excellent duckling, all the way to the Key Lime Pie. It is a charming restaurant with 5 star service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last LunchRastaWittayDined on 5/7/2014We met as for our last company lunch to review the past and discuss the pending sale of our company. Postino was a great place for great food and a professional atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/4/2014Italian comfort food with some flair. Great for groups/sharing.Special Features:
- Excellence ContinuedOlyclub1Dined on 5/3/2014Postino continues to produce great meals in a dining friendly environment. Service and food were fantastic and the Ahi Tuna was one of the best. Heather was our server and she was engaging and made the experience a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Lousy ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Diverse menu, excellently prepare and presented food, but service was slow. We waited for our appetizers over 45min after our wine was poured. It was busy but either they needed an additional server or we got stuck with one who could not manage multiple tables. Perhaps Sat evening is not the time to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentTooFoodsDined on 5/3/2014Dined on a Saturday night, party of 7. Requested a round table for better conversation and the request was honored. Some of us waited in the bar & had great mixed drinks prior to the rest arriving. Staff consistently gracious and very professional. Portions large and DELICIOUS. My picky friend said the duck breast is the best she's ever had anywhere. Salads, appetizers and desserts were well-prepared. LARGE dessert portions: we tasted several and I would especially recommend the chocolate cheesecake w/homemade marshmallow cream, the key lime pie and the raspberry sorbet. My friends complimented me on choice of restaurant. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Postino is SlippingorindadinerDined on 4/27/2014Postino used to be among our favorite places. We had rehearsal dinner in 2001 and have been returning to celebrate since. I noted our celebration but they did nothing. Our food was ok, no longer anything special. Salads and ahi were ok, eggplant was awful over cooked beading. Our side of polenta was tasty, but did not arrive until we were on our last bites of dinner, with no apologies. The dessert was awful! The lime pie was gelatinous goo made soggy by downing in sauce. Our server was scattered at best-rushed us to order, rushed questions, and tossed our check on table. It will be a while before we give Postino another chance. With wine and tip, our dinner was well over $150 and was just plain meh! We need to find someplace else.
- Nice Place in our TownRiceQueenDined on 4/26/2014Good Food. They service was very good as well. It does get a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Away Dinnermissbianca50Dined on 4/23/2014I hosted a going away dinner for a colleague, her husband and other co-workers. It was a great choice! I love the atmosphere of Postino's and the smells from the kitchen grab you as soon as you walk in! The service was excellent and I enjoyed our server - I wish I could remember her name! Definitely a choice spot to eat and drink -- yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter SurpriseluvnapaDined on 4/20/2014Been to Postino twice and very pleased both times. The place has a nice feel, well-prepared and interesting dishes, and both times our waitperson was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!LuperellaDined on 4/19/2014Excellent food and service. But , we waited awhile to get our drinks at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Postino-good food, lovely settingLadyMDined on 4/18/2014BUT . . . very, very noisy. Service fine once we got to our table. Upon entering, we were virtually ignored by the hostess. When I finally pushed myself forward to get her attention, she told us our table was ready but that she did not have menus, then went back to talking to other staff. While she was doing so a waitress brought up two menus (there were 3 in our party) and the hostess appeared not to notice. After waiting for several more minutes, I told her we would be willing to share the two menus between the three of us. Another waitress brought up an armful of menus at that point and she grabbed three of them and led us to our table . . . really did not get what was supposed to be a special evening off to a good start.Special Features:
- This is a place that has alwaysbeentheredonethatDined on 4/12/2014This is a place that has always done what I've asked. If I want some quiet time with my date, I get it. If I need service, it's always there. Always great food, comfortable surroundings and super patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous EstablishmentJMackVIPDined on 4/11/2014Enjoyed a great meal here last Friday night. The service was attentive without hovering and the food was perfect. I also would add the venue is well-suited for a date/birthday/anniversary/or casual night out as there are several different dining areas, each with varying levels of noise/ambiance. This was my second visit, and I highly recommend reservations for the weekend.Special Features:
- Business LunchsavedimageDined on 4/10/2014This is a frequent choice for my clients in the Lamorinda area. Great food, service and not too noisy for business.Special Features:
- Consistently goodFifiVIPDined on 4/7/2014Menu changes with season and is interesting Outdoor dining area very cozy Addition of fire pit area for casual hang out Is fun and relaxing Service always friendly and accommodation, Especially tuned into needs of children in an adult setting A "never miss" for foo excellence Miss the lambSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time andDanvilledinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014This was our second time and the food quality was not very good. The steak was very fatty and the chicken was overlooked and rubbery. Our server was good. The desserts were stale especially the key Lime pie.Special Features:
- Such a PleasureJimmySixDined on 3/30/2014Service: attentive, quick, polite yet engaging and fun. Food: probably excellent overall. I ordered a dish I wasn't familiar with (duck breast) and found it a little rare, thus the 4 stars. Had I ordered something else, it might have been 5 stars. My guests were very pleased with their dishes. Wine List: pages and pages of California and Italian wines. Ambience: beautiful surroundings in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve's Birthday PartyPattyVIPDined on 3/30/2014Steve wanted to go back to Postino for this birthday to have the short ribs. We finally made it 3 months after his actual birthday. We started with cocktails, then had a wonderfully fresh green salad. We ordered the fabulous short ribs, veal scallopini, and salmon. Everything was perfect! Special thanks for adjusting our reservation, since we were running a little late!Special Features:
- Great spot for ambience andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014Great spot for ambience and good food. Enjoy a special evening or Birthday/Anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with friendsCatluduDined on 3/27/2014We made an early reservation, 5:30. There was on site parking at that time, plus free valet available. We were greeted warmly, and service was lovely and attentive throughout our meal. We shared the Burrata, then each selected a different entree intending to share with each other. We all agreed the short ribs with polenta was the best. Beautiful space, great food, great service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousTheStarLadyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Postino is a favorite restaurant in the East Bay and they continue to surprise and delight. While we waited for our fireside table to be ready, we enjoyed a glass of chardonnay by the fire pit, a very lovely way to begin the evening. I love white table cloth dining for those special dates and Postino delivers on class and service. The beet salad with citrus, although beautiful, was heavy on the orange slices with only a few bites of red beets. The duck breast over spaetzle was divine and the fish choices excellent. A dessert was split four ways ending a lovely meal celebration. This is a 4-5 Star establishment.Special Features:
- Most enjoyable meal around!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2014Our food was delicious! It's the best restaurant around! We're so tired of paying good money for mediocre food, but Postino did not fall into this category. We had the short ribs, veal and fried chicken and all were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As UsualDesert1Dined on 3/12/2014The best bottle of Zin and Rib Eye I have had in recent memory. Great outdoor fire pit drinks, attentive, but not obtrusive service... Simply one of the best dining experiences in the East Bay. $1,000 later for our party and we all left very very satisfied. A perfect 5 star evening.Special Features:
- Postino's has the whole packagebite3Dined on 3/8/2014The food and ambience is wonderful. The short ribs are a must have and listening to the guitarist while dining out is great. Either dining with friends or that special someone, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and food.MargieDined on 3/8/2014This is a lovely spot in Lafayette. The food is good but not great. You have to go through the tunnel for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencecristinegnDined on 3/7/2014Great food, great service. It's a fail-safe choice for special occasions and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot to take a friendCRDiRVIPDined on 3/5/2014My friend and I spent 4 hours catching up and sharing travel photos over a wonderful lunch at Postino's. The food was delicious, beautifully presented, and the wine list interesting. The service was prompt, but we never felt hurried.Special Features:
- I love the ambience of PostinosLillietwoDined on 3/1/2014I love the ambience of Postinos and the servers are always friendly, efficient and song seem hurried. I have to admit, I always have to have the short ribs!! They melt in your mouth and the flavor is delicious. Postinos is one of my favorite..special occasion or not. Jacqueline ClarkSpecial Features:
- Feed back on Short RibsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Short Ribs served contained a large amount of fat. While the fat had been melted well, it was not appealing. Also the favor was weak. Otherwise everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014It was difficult to hold a conversation as the evening went on--it was quiet early but very noisy by 7:00. Not a place to go if you want to have a quiet conversation with a friend unless you go very early.Special Features:
- Great for lunch toorecommendVIPDined on 2/27/2014First time to Postino for lunch. It was a great place to sit and talk and have a leisurely meal in a wonderful, quiet atmosphere. Will definitely do this again.I would recommend this to a friend.