Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
One Avenue de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://regencyboston.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/
- Phone: 6174225579
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Armetta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for private and semi-private dining
- Special Events: Avenue One will be offering special menus for Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- Cross Street: Washington
- Public Transit: Red Line - Downtown Crossing
Green Line - Park Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Avenue One offers it's patrons discounted validated parking in the Lafayette Garage located beneath the Hyatt Regency Boston. Please dial 617-422-5560 for more details.
A word from Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
Avenue One serves contemporary New England cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently situated in the heart of downtown, just steps from many theatres, hip bars and South Station. Avenue One is a great location for a hearty breakfast, power lunch, after work drinks and pre-theatre meals. See our website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Service was a bit slow, butJeanDined on 4/13/2013Service was a bit slow, but once our order was taken everything was good. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013Food was outstanding. We had a nice people waiting on us but there was a VERY LONG interval between the salad and the entrees, to the point where we had to rush at the end to make our 7:30 performance at the Opera House. WE got the 3-course pretheater special with a $5 glass of wine: it seemed like a real bargain and everything we had was delicious and perfectly cooked. My only complaint was the slow service; perhaps there was a problem in the kitchen that night but the food was so good, I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The food was very good and the selection offered was fine. If you like pasta, don't go, there were no pasta selections. The service was mediocre at best. We could not get cream for our coffee until that coffee was tepid. Ask for pricing information up front. They hang on Massachusetts law regarding beverage pricing and meals, which can make the bill seem a bit misleading.
- Our experience was specificallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Our experience was specifically related to a holiday buffet (Easter), and it was just right for that celebration. The selections were plentiful, and most were very good (didn't love the eggplant, but one "miss" isn't bad!). We were a larger party, and everyone had plenty to choose from and seemed to enjoy their selections, returning to the buffet many times to sample the wide variety of offerings. The atmosphere was relaxed and the ambiance was lovely, so it was perfect for a holiday celebration. The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful, and it made our holiday dining experience very pleasant and lots of fun! This is our third Easter at Avenue One's luncheon buffet, and we hope to return again next year.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourDoFamDined on 3/31/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our Easter brunch at Avenue One. Everything was spectacular - from the food to the service. The children's room was wonderful, as well. Everything was very well done and we would most definitely return.Special Features:
- This brunch was fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013This brunch was fabulous! We had a mix of kids and adults in our large party and it was a perfect balance for all in my group. I had to change the size of my party last minute and the Hyatt made it easy to accomodate. The display was great and I think they thought of everything, I can't think of anything else they needed to add. We were all impressed with the selection, the raw bar and the champagne was an added bonus. We are so happy we will be going back for Easter next year.Special Features:
- Awesome lunch experience.SarahfromQuarryStreetDined on 3/28/2013Awesome lunch experience. Host and waiters are very friendly.Special Features:
- Clam chowder was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Clam chowder was fantastic. Worth coming home for !
- The wait for food was moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013The wait for food was more than a half hour, yet there was only on ecouple when we ordered. We were 10 people w/only items ordered from the menu. 2 gluten free orders Spent over $300.00. Had late breakfast for 4 on Tues and it was excellent. Thanks
- This was a wonderful timeMLouDined on 3/24/2013This was a wonderful time for Brunch before the ballet. Frank, the maitre-d of sorts, was friendly and welcoming and quick to our attention. The buffet was fresh and bountiful and the blonde woman who does crepes and pancakes was an excellent cook and conducts service with kind words and a smile. All-in-all a great time. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the hotel was full to capacity and still we, not staying at the hotel, were treated with exceptional service! AmazingSpecial Features:
- Our second visit -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013This was our second visit, and definitely will not be our last. Good food - excellent clam chowder, tender chicken, delicious fish, and perfect boston cream pie - and good service. They were quite busy but even so we felt very well taken care of. We will be back.Special Features:
- Visited this restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Visited this restaurant with a group of coworkers at lunch to celebrate a recent success. Excellent experience, fabulous service & food. Will be back!Special Features:
- Our server, Christina, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Our server, Christina, was charming, gracious and attentive. The food was excellent - clam chowder may be the best in town, wonderful taste and the clams are very tender. Chicken entree and cod entree were excellently done. And Boston cream pie for dessert was wonderful, perfectly balanced custard and chocolate. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- There are better lunch optionsLocalfoodieVIPDined on 3/2/2013Ok. Just a hotel lunch room off the lobby. As my wife always says if a restaurant is not busy you get poor service. Only three tables were occupied and the staff was more focused on a soccer game on tv than the patrons. Food was quite good
- Lacks Creativity and UniqenessorionVIPDined on 2/14/2013I found pretty much the same as most of the reviews I read. Food was moderately slow to come out (only 5 tables occupied) Lounge looked a bit upscale and had some drama but the dining area was "blah"; not inspired, not cozy, not memorable...could use some creativity. Food was C+ not horrible, not comfort food, but not worth a return trip
- The food was very good, especiallyRriverariveraDined on 2/12/2013The food was very good, especially the filet mignon, and the staff very friendly.Special Features:
- We ate here three times duringJanlou1VIPDined on 2/8/2013We ate here three times during the recent storm. service was excellent, and indeed all hotel staff were great. Lunch, a burger , was over cooked, dinner was good but not great, and breakfast buffet very good. certainly a place worth patronizing for location.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater restaurantChuckDined on 2/2/2013The Hyatt is located virtually across Washington St from the Boston Opera House. Public parking is available under the hotel, accessible via Washington St and Avenue De Lafayette. This makes the location ideal for those attending a show at the Opera House. The restaurant is modern and features information on a large screen about their locally-sourced and carefully-prepared menu items. The pre-theater menu is a 3-course meal with a variety of choices of all three meal items. The Ceasar salad was excellent, the beef medallions were tender and prepared perfectly with a nice "garlic pear" garnish. The Boston Creme pie was unbelievable! Service was attentive and friendly. The restaurant on a Saturday night was not crowded.Special Features:
- We come here alot before aOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/2/2013We come here alot before a theatre show. they have a pre-theatre memu, along with their regular one. 3 of us prdered the pre-theatre menu, with me the sole ordering from the regular one. They got a great size,tasty salad 1st. I started with my main course, a delicious swordfish, just the right size, with selected seasoning, topping of garlic mushrooms, side corn risotto, all tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meal, pne ordering the cod. service was timely. they had desserts, either a cranberry apple cobbler, or chocolate choice. well fed, and finished by 7:30, plenty of time to make the show nearby.Special Features:
- Sister ActBillDined on 2/1/2013Pre theater menu was perfect. Highlight was the food taste and presentation with perfect service. We had after dinner drinks and the bar was very sophisticated.Special Features:
- I was a little apprehensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the older reviews on your site. Happy to report we were pleasantly surprised and delighted with our meaals!Special Features:
- All if the staff were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013All if the staff were excellent! Appetizers were fantastic. Entree was decent. Dessert... Could have been better.Special Features:
- Not bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013All in all, we had a pretty good experience. We were at the restaurant for dinner before going to the theatre. The prix fixe menu offered was good and offered a wide variety of dinner choices. Be careful of the wine special! We were told by our server that two glasses of wine was included in the special price. Apparently, you are entitled to two glasses of wine at the reduced price, meaning you will be charged for each glass. Not a bad deal for wine, but we probably wouldn't have had a second glass if the server didn't mislead us.Special Features:
- Consider elsewhereflexDined on 1/23/2013I was staying at the Hyatt Regency and planned to arrive by car after a long day of driving. Therefore, I made this reservation so we could eat and retire early with as little fuss as possible. I did accomplish this. But having ate at Avenue One, I wish I had made other arrangements. The server was adequate in that she did the main requirements of service. The water server was much more attentive. The food was also adequate. This restaurant did not seem to match our expectations of a Hyatt Regency restaurant.
- My 2 adult children went theredrjlopezVIPDined on 1/13/2013My 2 adult children went there for BRUNCH on Sunday. They were seated and check the menu, but unfortunately they don't serve brunch, only lunch. So they left without eating.
- Nothing special but certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Nothing special but certainly adequate. Very convenient to Opera House. Pretty much comfort food with minimum ambience.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013Took my girlfriend here for her birthday while we were staying at the Hyatt. It's a very nice place to dress up and go out, but formal attire isn't required. Our server Andrew was very helpful and knowledgeable. He suggested the Lobster Crab Fondue as an appetizer and it was phenomenal. It is a little pricey but the food is very good and the service is great.Special Features:
- We have a great time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We have a great time there. The only thing is that the kitchen is far from the dining area, and the servers have to carry the food quite a distance before being served, and the food is not as warm as it should.Special Features:
- Went with my cousins and myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Went with my cousins and my gf, great experience! Try the clam chowder!Special Features:
- Service was very good, theLouBDined on 12/27/2012Service was very good, the clam chowder and bread pudding dessert were very good. The Blue Cod was tasty but overlooked and dry.Special Features:
- Christmas Eve: Table for FourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2012I have eaten here 3-4 times in the past couple of years, and was very happy to see a new menu with several health-conscious items, including a few labeled with organic ingredients. I had the white bean tomato soup and vegetarian risotto; others ordered pasta with vegetables, NY strip steak, and grilled rib eye. All the food looked fresh and everyone said they enjoyed their meal. The staff members were very attentive and courteous. When approaching our table, they waited for someone to look at them before asking if we needed anything. I appreciated that but know it only works when patrons are equally respectful. Noise level increased considerably after a large group was seated. 5 Stars for great overall value.Special Features:
- Great spot for pre-matinee!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/24/2012Excellent personable service and great food and menu - great choice for pre-ballet!Special Features:
- The service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/23/2012The service was very slow for a Sunday night during a holiday weekend. It was also not crowded at all, so not sure why things took so long to get. I would give them another try though.
- This was my second time here.LeneDined on 12/5/2012This was my second time here. Early dinner so not crowded. Great place to meet up with a friend for dinner-- casual but very nice ambience, great food and reasonable prices, friendly helpful waitstaff
- the dining room was extraOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2012the dining room was extra chilly-we asked for the temp to be raised-we were told nothing could be done-they were having a fraternity party on the same floor as the restaurant and the place was a zoo
- A little annoy some kids runningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012A little annoy some kids running around the tables. The others were very good.Special Features:
- Enjoyed 4-course ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Enjoyed 4-course Thanksgiving dinner - very nice! Good value.
- Wow, what a treat. ThierJohnVIPDined on 11/20/2012Wow, what a treat. Thier new menu is amazing. Pick you Meat/Fish, pick your seasoning, pick your side and they put it all together. Very creative. First time I ever saw this type of build your own dinner. Endless combinations.Special Features:
- Went to Ave One for a pre-moviecouldhavedonebetterVIPDined on 11/10/2012Went to Ave One for a pre-movie dinner based on the relatively good reviews. Bottom-line it was quite a disappointment. First the atmosphere. The online pictures make it look like a cool place with special lighting, comfy chairs etc... the reality is that this is a below average restaurant hotel adjacent to the lobby. It is a very large open space that lacks warmness. The food was mixed. My vegetable risotto was really excellent, however my wife's fish was not great and under-seasoned. They forgot the mac & cheese for my son and his steak was overcooked, completely done like a shoe sole. No wonder this place had availability at 7:00PM on a Saturday night .... I feel that this place is OK for hotel guests, but not for a special night ...
- Check the pasta and flatbreadJohnVIPDined on 11/7/2012Check the pasta and flatbread specials before you order! Some real amazing creations by the Chefs at Avenue One. I will continue to come back.