Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
One Avenue de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://regencyboston.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/
- Phone: 6174225579
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Armetta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for private and semi-private dining
- Special Events: Avenue One will be offering special menus for Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- Cross Street: Washington
- Public Transit: Red Line - Downtown Crossing
Green Line - Park Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Avenue One offers it's patrons discounted validated parking in the Lafayette Garage located beneath the Hyatt Regency Boston. Please dial 617-422-5560 for more details.
A word from Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
Avenue One serves contemporary New England cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently situated in the heart of downtown, just steps from many theatres, hip bars and South Station. Avenue One is a great location for a hearty breakfast, power lunch, after work drinks and pre-theatre meals. See our website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- We were there for an earlyClan144Dined on 5/9/2008We were there for an early dinner and were seated in an ancillary dining area near the bar, which was a little noisy. Food and service were very good.
- Salads were excellent. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2008Salads were excellent. Food arrived to the table late and was cold. Poached salmon was served without sauce and was bland. Gnocchi was uninteresting. Steaks were very good. Considering the quality of the food Avenue One is overpriced.
- The food was overcooked andOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/26/2008The food was overcooked and service was slow. We got there at 6:15pm for dinner before a show at the Opera House (next door) and we ordered the Pre-Opera meal thinking it would be fast. The meal took 90min. The restuarant was only abour 10% full. Wouls not go again.
- Very disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/18/2008Very disappointed with the gnocci entre--portion was lost in the plate. I had to switch with my husband who ordered it and was furious--much more like a side dish than an entre. Expressed our disatisfaction to the waiter (who was very nice)and the restaurant comp'ed our coffee (but not dessert--that we shared). On the positive side, our timing worked out fine to get to a 9:30 performance at the Wang Center. But we are not likely to try the restaurant again.
- Best waiter ever! ServiceglennDined on 3/23/2008Best waiter ever! Service was truly exceptional, and the food was great.Special Features:
- We went for the Easter Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We went for the Easter Brunch. Some of the hot food was actually cold. Food quality was only fair, especially for the price paid. Most likely wouldn't go again.
- Open seating to hotel lobbyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008Open seating to hotel lobby and patrons offered a not so intimate setting. Nearly empty food great in appearance but doesn't hit the mark when it comes to flavor. Waiter messed up giving mixing up the wine orders, but apologized and quickly recitified the situation. I personally won't give it a second chance!Special Features:
- Great Service! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008Great Service! The food was excellently prepared and the portions were a good size. Great ambiance with the live music and singing. It was a lovely experience.Special Features:
- All was well, except thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2008All was well, except that for some reason the restaurant "cancelled" my reservation while I was dining there. I came home to an email saying that the restaurant had cancelled my reservation and that I would not be awarded points. The email time-stamp indicated that they cancelled while I was in the restaurant. This was really strange and they need to be more careful with that.Special Features:
- Probably not the first placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2008Probably not the first place people think of for restaurant week. We went as a large group, and we were very pleasantly surprised. The dining room is small but very elegant. The service was friendly, helpful, and efficient. The restaurant week menu was interesting, and everyone enjoyed their food. We also had a lovely Californian white wine that was reasonably priced for an upscale restaurant. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- the server was friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2008the server was friendly and accommodating. he accurately perceived our needs. when i told him the dessert lacked flavor, he immediately asked if i would like something else but i politely declined the generous offer. i definitely would return.Special Features:
- Very impressed. Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2007Very impressed. Food and service were both great. Would recommend to foodies.Special Features:
- Typical run of the mill hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2007Typical run of the mill hotel restaurant. Nothing fancy...