Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
199 New Road, Central Square
Linwood, NJ 08221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lukepalladino.com/
- Phone: 6099263030x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luke Palladino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Luke Palladino Catering would be pleased to cater any event, from an intimate dinner or party to an elaborate wedding. Catering menus can be customized with Luke personally, to suit any taste or budget. We will be happy to work with any idea, theme or vision you have for your event.
Delivery, set-up, cooking staff, serving staff, bartenders and other services available.
A word from Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
Newly expanded and relocated, Luke Palladino Seasonal Italian Cooking is a culmination of Luke's experiences working throughout Italy. Our menu changes regularly and is based on seasonally-available prime ingredients. We are proud to offer you what so beautifully defines Italian cuisine: freshness of product, simplicity and spontaneity all bound by tradition. Handcrafted pastas are made daily on premises. We feature expertly prepared meat, fish, poultry & seafood. You and your guests will delight in our seductive interior designed by Scott Eccard of Eccardesigns. We are a BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking - Best Restaurants in Northfield/Linwood ›
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)neighborhood gem (77)special occasion (62)romantic (31)hot spot (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best Italian Restaurant in NJJosh1kVIPDined on 3/20/2014The food is heavenly, textures and flavors are spot on. You can't find a better restaurant within 50 miles and maybe anywhere. The only drawback is the small space but it is done very well. All this and a BYO! You can't beat it.Special Features:
- Smallest chairs in AmericanamelessVIPDined on 3/19/2014My wife is a size 4, 100 pounds wet and still felt the chairs were to small. I also wanted to leave after the apps. The are a cheap Kmart plastic type. The food is very over priced and the selection is very strange. All in all I don't think they will make it to Christmas.
- Food was luke-warm. Just aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2014Food was luke-warm. Just about all of the dishes should have been served hotter. In some, one element was hot and the other cool. - i,e, duck sausage with polenta The sausage was cool and overcookedSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week FindcdgalDined on 3/12/2014We always go to several restaurants during AC Restaurant Week and this place was a winner. We will definitely go back to try dinner. Loved the black decor....so soothing. The fireplace added a nice touch during this cold March weather. Luke Palladino has a very good reputation for his dining establishments and this one in Linwood's Central Square can compete with the Borgota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceRonnjyDined on 3/11/2014Always a great experience food and service excellentSpecial Features:
- Take time for lunchmaddie6887Dined on 3/10/2014Located in a quiet corner of a retail plaza, this restaurant is the perfect choice for a quiet lunch with friends or business. The food is exquisite & done with such care. My favorite lunch spot in S. Jersey. The arancini & truffle grissini are a great way to start your meal. Try the pasta of the day for your entree- it will be delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014Service was excellent, however would have like b&b plates with the bread, would have like our wine glasses refilled. Food was bland and small portions. For how expensive the prices are, we can do better. .
- Very Good ServiceGreatVIPDined on 3/7/2014It was good but the restaurant week menu was different from what was listed on the website, and they almost forgot to give me my dessert but it was quickly corrected. Great food and everything was top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Terrific!Fisherman2Dined on 3/7/2014We always love the food at Luke Palladino, and choose it for our own "special occasions." The wonderful pastas are personal favorites. Also love the ambiance of the restaurant's new location and the roaring fireplace. This was restaurant week for the Atlantic City area and we chose from that menu, so we didn't get the selection we usually do, but that was our choice. Also,we rarely go out on Friday night and it was a little noisier than the weeknight dinners we are used to. Overall it lived up to being our number one choice when at the Shore and our friends who were first timers there enjoyed it very much too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEmilyDined on 3/7/2014My boyfriend and I thought we would try something new for AC Restaurant week. The menu looked great and for restaurant week it was adorable. The dining area was small and we were at an added table for restaurant week which was definitely in the way. The food was good but nothing special, definitely over priced. If it were more affordable we might give it another try but for now we probably will not return.Special Features:
- Restaurant week winnerThePlannerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Our group of eight sat at a large square table which was perfect for us because we were able to see & hear each other throughout our outstanding dining experience! We came together for Restaurant Week & tried this restaurant based on past positive dining experience at Luke's in Northfield. Everyone enjoyed everything we ate, especially the risotto balls appetizer, butternut squash appetizer, salmon over leeks & pine nuts entree, & homemade chocolate brownie gelato. Only one person commented that his pasta (served with clams) could have been cooked more, but the clams tasted fresh & delicious. Our server was lovely & very patient with our group! We brought our own wine which kept the total price per person to $40 (including tax & gratuity).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingphollieDined on 3/6/2014I was looking forward to having dinner there as I had several great meals at the Northfield location before this restaurant had opened. The servers were not well trained, or trained at all. They never brought things asked for, and reached across us to serve and clear. It was a chilly night and the back door was opened several times which allowed freezing air to blow through. The plastic chairs were so uncomfortable, my rear ached for two days, and I have more than adequate padding. One of our meals was fine, and the other not very good and rather small. Rather dissapointing for restaurant week. Even at , supposedly, "bargain" prices this almost $100 meal was not even close. Would not recommend.
- Love Luke'sSPdinersDined on 3/5/2014My family, friends, and I eat at Luke's Italian often. The size and atmosphere is a huge difference from the previous location. However, I will say I miss the camaraderie of the cozier seating. People are more apt to talk , share food stories, and especially share wine. The food is always consistent! I like the BYOB aspect of dining. The service can't be beat. Our server Jeanine is the best! Hands down! We request her for our service every time we dine there. What can I say - the food is outstanding, service bar none! Luke knows food! He's Italian!!! Buon appetitoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Day for waitersNewvisitor14Dined on 3/5/2014Really not fair to review because half the wait staff said it was their first day on the job. Pasta may have been better if served promptly.
- Quaint and deliciousJulesnjDined on 3/5/2014Always awesome, consistent homemade goodness. Great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate with attentive staffrealSouthJerseyladyDined on 3/4/2014I completely enjoyed this dining experience, for me it was a rusted experience because this was a lunch break in the middle of a busy day. No fault of the staff, just my schedule. The staff was friendly and attentive. Next time, I’ll be there for Dinner, not a lunch break. The food was a pleasant surprise, with favors I was not expecting but enjoyed every bite. This is a place you need to make time in your schedule to fully saver every bite. I will not be making that mistake twice ;) BTW white root soup is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke Palladino's Linwood, NJTheresaDined on 2/25/2014New location - Same high quality experience. Took a friend there for his birthday dinner. This was our first time at this location, and we weren't disappointed. We were pretty regular customers at the Northfield location - always great. The service (Andrea) was terrific and the food was excellent. Top quality without having to go to Atlantic City or Philadelphia. One of best restaurants in the area. Recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmlacitationDined on 2/23/2014Dinner was fantastic. The restaurant was beautiful. The staff was great. I was worried about the portion sizes in the beginning, but we both walked away from the restaurant perfectly full. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke's new digs give you lotsFoodieVIPDined on 2/23/2014Luke's new digs give you lots more space to get around. Although, he should have taken the chairs from the Northfield place and put them here - those black plastic chairs are the only thing that really take away from the sophisticated/country chic atmosphere (and they are not very comfortable). But it is the food that takes center stage and rightly so. Pasta is superb - whatever the special gnocchi is, get it. And usually his specials of the day are worth trying also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh!joedowpalDined on 2/20/2014Very expensive for an average dining experience. Food flaccid and uninspired. Didn't seem like a Luke Palladino type of restaurant.
- Our new favorite restaurant!food4thoughtDined on 2/16/2014My husband & I celebrated Valentines Day at Luke Palladino's at Central Square in Linwood. The menu rivaled some of the best restaurants we visited in Italy! The soft lighting and cozy fireplace added to the ambiance and romantic feel of the evening. Our server, Janine, was a pleasure! She was prepared to explain the menu and make suggestions when we asked. Each course, from appetizers to dessert, was outstanding. Portion sizes were perfect, just enough to allow for the next course and still be able to share the decadent dessert.....vanilla gelato smothered in frozen limoncello, hot espresso, crumbled amaretti cookies, and whipped cream. We are so happy to find such a top quality restaurant in the neighborhood. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.