Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
601 W. Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1G1Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roguewetbar.com/
- Phone: 6046788000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Monday through Thursday 11:30 am - midnight
Friday & Saturday 11:30 am - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Cory Chapman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Entertainment: *Extra Payment Option* All that Canadian Tire cash you've been saving up for years? Spend it on a beer! Yeah, we accept it as a form of payment. Whether $0.10 or $100. If you have it, we'll accept it!
- Cross Street: Seymour - Waterfront Station
- Public Transit: Rogue is conveniently located at Waterfront Station where you may arrive via skytrain, seabus, bus, west coast express or harbour air.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: DRINK & RIDE! Rogue is conveniently located at Waterfront Station where you may arrive via skytrain, seabus, bus, west coast express or harbour air.
A word from Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
Every day funk is what going Rogue is all about. Crazy tall light fixtures and walls that glow set against sand-blasted brick and well-worn hardwood floors. Menu-wise, going Rogue means doing things in the kitchen others said couldn’t be done. Like a completely fresh burger served medium-rare to make it the juiciest and best tasting in town. Or corn-dogs your not supposed to want but secretly crave. Going Rogue means your horizons are greater than the “usual suspects” of chain restaurants. Rogue gives it’s customer an eclectic enough offering of food and surroundings, that they can feel and be themselves. You can go Rogue when you’re slumming, you can go Rogue when you need to impress. You can go Rogue with a date, your mates or with your boss. Best of all, you can afford to go Rogue every day of the week. Need a stiff drink and tasty meal to get you through your daily grind and have enough left over to do it all again tomorrow? Go Rogue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar - Best Restaurants in Gastown ›
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (34)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (14)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- LunchDbumblebeeDined on 1/15/2014Met a friend for lunch at Rogue on Wednesday. It's our favourite lunch spot, The "Nice Little Salad" is our favourite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fried brussel sprout appetizerRTseVIPDined on 1/12/2014The fried brussel sprout appetizer is fantastic. I could eat several orders of this appetizer by myself. My wife really enjoyed the kale & quinoa power salad and my chili was also good. The staff are very competent, prompt, and extremely friendly. They really appreciate their guests. The place also looks great with the two levels, wood trim, and iron railings. I highly recommend Rogue Kitchen and Webar in Gastown.Special Features:
- Gluten free friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/8/2014Went to Rogue for a team dinner after work one night. Needed to accommodate gluten sensitivities and a vegan diet. We were pleasantly surprised at the menu options and everyone had a fantastic meal! The kale and quinoa power salad was a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all rounder!AussiedinerDined on 1/6/2014Staying at the Fairmont Waterfront, 4 kids that all want something different for dinner, where to take them within 5 minutes walking distance on a rainy night? Great burger, sandwich/soup/salad combo was fresh and tasty, chicken wings were sensational, kids pizza perfect, quinoa salad zesty. Excellent cocktails and the service was prompt and cheerful. Definitely recommend it to all ages and appetites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch or dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/26/2013I would have rated this restaurant better however I have been to 2 of their locations and both times, there water smelled strong of chlorine. Other restaurant invest in their customers or clientele by spending $300 for a water filter. I guess Rogue wants all their customers buying bottled water. Enough for me not to go back there considering the many choices we have in the downtown Coal Harbour area.
- good foodqumquatschDined on 12/24/2013we ate there on christmas eve and had a good time. my steak was perfectly timed and the nachos were good. What's not so good is the service, maybe we were just on the wrong night there, but our server was not interested at all. She forgot twice something, asked about our satisfaction but didn't even wait for our answers. We wanted to share nachos as an appetizer, but got them with the main course. It's quite noisy in there but not a bad noise, more like something's going on. The restaurant itself is situated at the perfect spot and has a great interior. You feel very welcome and amazed by entering. I would definitely go back there again and hope just to get better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2013Always a pleasant experience dining at Rogue. Food is good and service is fine. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food. TheGrizDined on 12/20/2013Great service and food. The waiter knew the menu and beer choices inside out and worked hard to make sure we were well looked after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictable LunchSylviaDined on 12/4/2013Liked the fact I could make a reservation where other similar chains downtown don't. Service was friendly, food was average and predictable for a large restaurant in a downtown location. Speaking as a Gastown resident, food and service have to notch it up to become my go-to place with all the other great choices in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected.DaspiceboyzDined on 11/19/2013I took clients out prior to a Canucks game and was pleased with both the service and the food. One of my guests was about 20 minutes late for our 6pm reservation but the food still arrived quickly and we managed to make it to the game at 7:10pm, just a few minutes after the puck dropped. I had the fish and chips which was very good although the french fries were mostly small bits instead of longer fries. Both of my guests liked their meals and drinks. The service was friendly, knowledgable and efficient--better than I expected, frankly. And they asked if we were going to the game and made sure we got in and out quickly. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to this restaurantPomplemouseDined on 11/12/2013I have been to this restaurant several times with friends and colleagues and we have always enjoyed our experience. The food is great, the hostess is by far the best that I have ever encountered and the servers are so accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Angry prawnsfoodie57Dined on 11/8/2013The Angry prawns and green fried tomatoes were very good...would go there again just to have that dish!Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend out forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013I took my girlfriend out for dinner on her birthday, we are a young couple and we loved it I heard reviews that thefood might be slow but really if its a busy place of course it would be slow. But they were wrong our service was great the food was fantastic and I will be there again and the pizza is something to look intoSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceMichiDined on 11/1/2013Our server was excellent. Chili was super spicy which was great on a cold day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was nervous selecting thisBusinessMomDined on 10/8/2013I was nervous selecting this restaurant for a business lunch with a new client, but I took a chance and was not disappointed. Character decor, enough space between tables you don't feel like your neighbours are listening to your conversation, high ceilings, yet it is not loud or echoey. I had chili served with garlic toast. Pleasantly surprised by the spiciness and the toast was light and crispy - ate it all without meaning to! Client loved the chicken burger. Great selection of items on the menu, something for everyone. Only mild negative was the service was just the tiniest bit slow. I would, however, happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good CompanyizzyDined on 9/27/2013I have to say that I always go back to Rogue whenever I have friends in town. It's central location being in Waterfront Station makes it easy for everyone to get to. All Skytrains end here and quite a few buses pull up across the street or up a block. The food is always good, service is excellent and the ambiance is nice as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencePomplemouseDined on 9/23/2013There were four of us, two on a bench and two in chairs. The chairs were not comfortable at all so we mentioned it to our server and within minutes the chairs were replaced with ones that were way more comfortable. The server was absolutely the best. Very tentative, kept coming back to refill my hot water cup. The four of us all had different food and we are still talking about just how good the lunch was. The is our third time as a group that we have dined there for lunch and we will certainly go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good location and that's itAngelicaHoustonDined on 9/6/2013location is good but the food is below average both in terms of quality and presentation of the food.Special Features:
- never disappointsdimsumDined on 9/6/2013I frequent this location several times a month, always good. perfect for client lunch meetings given the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Friday affairfoodfanDined on 9/6/2013We had 3 adults and a five year old. The five year old liked her mac and cheese, but was disappointed that the Rogue did not serve apple juice. We appreciated the server telling us of a number of kid's meals that were not on the menu. The adults had lobster macaroni, chili, chicken/chorizo capellini. All the meals were tasty, hot and attractively presented. The server was attentive, no doubt difficult as the place was busy as you would expect at noon on Friday, but she never seemed rushed and was quite patient with us when necessary. Good selection of yummy beers as well. Vibrant buzz: partly due to the crowd, partly due to location (seabus/skytrain). Would absolutely recommend this restaurant to friends and will certainly come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinks, bad tableFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2013This was one of two Vancouver restaurants where they decided to seat us at the most awkward table in what seemed like the middle of the walkway, yet there were plenty of empty tables around. We asked to be reseated and were told they were fully booked up. I was not happy, fortunately, the food and drinks were good and partially made up for the disappointment of a bad table. We had the halibut and chips (food was hot and tartar sauce really good) and chicken sandwich with yam chips. Also recommend their dark ales and frozen bellini. However, if you want to feel like a valued customer, you're better off going somewhere else.
- Great food and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013Great food and reasonable prices. Service is always excellent. I have been there several times in the last few months and the quality of the food and the service are always the same. I have recommended Rogue to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disappointingfongster67Dined on 8/9/2013We had a group of 3, one of us ordered the Baja fish tacos, one ordered the Rogue burger and I ordered the Bam Bam Curry Prawns. Disappointed with the fish tacos and curry prawns. Not enough seasonin in the fish tacos and the curry prawns lacked a curry flavour and there wasn't a lot of prawns to be had either. I've had other dishes at the Rogue but would not recommend these two dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific location at the SkytrainOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2013Terrific location at the Skytrain station! beautifully docorated, vibrant music and the server was very accomodating in splitting our meals for us. Everything tasted wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013I've been to this restaurant on many occasions for lunch and it was a good experience every time. I recommended this restaurant to my friends for a nice dinner before a concert. Unfortunately it seemed the restaurant was extremely busy and the staff could not handle it. Service was not good and it took a really long time for our food to arrive (45-55 mins). It was hard to track down our server and by the end we were being served by another server. Food was good but for some reason the portions seemed smaller than usual. Needless to say we were very disappointed with the service but luckily the food was good enough that it didn't completely ruin the dinner! I will return to the restaurant as I am hoping this was a one time issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dish : Wok SquidwalkingdistanceVIPDined on 7/27/2013We went back in the week we were visiting Vancouver to just have the Wok Squid again. We also enjoyed the tuna Niçoise salad, salmon burger, and a pizza on the visits. All food was consistently good. Wine selection was decent, nice to experience good BC wines.Special Features:
- The food we had order wasKamilleDined on 7/23/2013The food we had order was not bad but it took a couple of seconds to get the attention of our server or a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great Serviceluv2eatDined on 7/20/2013Met some friends for lunch, group of 5. Server was excellent, friendly, available and not pushy. Was pleasantly surprised at quality of food. Portions much more generous than many restaurants, great taste, and lovely fresh tasting salad dressings. We sat for quite a while chatting after lunch drinking coffee, and did not feel hurried. Altogether, great dining experience, and reasonable prices. Will certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location-ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2013Great location-right outside of gastown. The food was pretty but was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!foodieandfriendsDined on 6/30/2013The service from the waitresses was great. They made sure we had everything we needed and seated us quickly. Our meals were served quite quickly, and was very delicious, and had decent portion sizes. Great location =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group & now lunch meeting faveTararaDined on 6/28/2013Rogue has long been a favourite when going out with a large group, this week enjoyed the tuna tataki during a lunch meeting -- amazing! Quiet enough to chat, attentive but not intrusive staff. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter in training was charming.CanadianinnewyorkDined on 6/27/2013Waiter in training was charming. Food was very good. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2013Have visited your establishment a few times with friends. Always has been a great experience. The food is fantastic. The service has always been exceptional. Our server on Monday was warm, friendly, attentive and fun. All in all a wonderful experience. Have recommended to several people. Thank You for the great experience. We will be back. Sincerely, Barb FiltnessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for twolunchtimerDined on 6/12/2013This was my second visit to the Rogue. The service has been good both times. The ambiance is also very nice. The food is good but not so good as to reflect the prices charged. I feel it is overpriced for the quality served. I was a guest and therefore did not have to pay. If I was paying for my meal, I would not opt for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat us down at a minatureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2013Sat us down at a minature table in the bar area when area was empty. no room to eat lunch - poor service
- Rogue is a great restaurant.RedhandjillDined on 6/7/2013Rogue is a great restaurant. I've eaten there many times and never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Great service!!BrotherfromdifferentmotheDined on 6/3/2013Our experience started from our hotel room when we decided to reserve a table using the online tool and that part was really easy to use. Once we arrived at the restaurant, there was no confusion finding our reservation, which was a pleasant surprise since, in my experience, this has not always been the case. The servers were very accommodating to our needs as we had our 10 month old son; a high chair was provided. The food was great, I had the quinoa salad and my wife had the fish and chips. My salad was very good and the fish and chips were great too, not too much batter, just enough. Over all, it was a very good experience with quick and precise service which is what we needed. Sandwiched between the accuracy and quickness was great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a feed, but short of AWSE.TheZissouDined on 5/29/2013Went to Rogue to meet up with an old friend from university. The decor of the restaurant is remarkable, with high ceilings that can mislead you into thinking you're in a casino restaurant in Vegas, the acoustics are great and the staff received us well with that casual style that makes you feel welcome. My only criticism is the food. I ordered the cedar wrapped salmon, which under delivered on size and the smoke that I was anticipating. It was described as being cooked to medium rare, but the salmon was very much medium well and a little on the thin side. More cedar and less heat would serve the dish better for the portion size. The cheesecake dessert is exactly what it says and nothing more, but there is nothing pie about the apple pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2013I had my 19 month old with me; not only was the restaurant accommodating, the staff were friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Waterfront lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013Rogue is a neighbourhood local not to be overlooked. Whether it's a big group lunch, after work drinks or a quick lunch, Rogue is reliable and convenient. I was there for lunch with a friend and business associate on a busy schedule. Rogue's menu had enough variety to offer us small, healthy bites at lunchtime. Conveniently located near Waterfront station, it was ideal for our busy day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.