Bistro N - Nordstrom Park Center Dallas
8687 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro N - Nordstrom Park Center Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nordstrom.com/
- Phone: 2142313810
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 10:00 am - 10:00 pm ( Dinner starts at 4:00 pm) Friday - Saturday 10:00 am - 11:00 pm (Dinner starts at 4:00 pm) Sunday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm ( Lunch served all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Zamora
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Johnny Carros 2142313810
- Entertainment: We offer two flat panel HD televisions in the bar area for your enjoyment.
A word from Bistro N - Nordstrom Park Center Dallas
Bistro N - Nordstrom Park Center Dallas is a stylish, yet comfortable restaurant featuring a contemporary American interpretation of classic bistro cuisine. The exhibition kitchen provides a stage for chefs to prepare uniquely designed dishes creating an energetic environment. Perfect for a sophisticated evening on the town, dinner between shopping and a movie or a quick family meal, Bistro N can meet all of your dining needs. A step above your typical dining expectation, the wait staff is knowledgeable with a passion for attentive service. Start your experience with signature asparagus tempura followed by traditional chicken pommes frites, filet bordelaise or jumbo lump crab cake. Top off your meal with house made desserts including white chocolate bread pudding. The menu is complimented by a well-chosen selection of hand-crafted cocktails and wines, many available by the glass, that pair well with the menu. Bistro N looks forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bistro N - Nordstrom Park Center Dallas - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Bistro N - Nordstrom Park Center Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (11)special occasion (10)scenic view (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Perfect Lunch SpotKGM69QVIPDined on 2/12/2014We have been to a number of Bistro N's in the country but this one is by far the best. The food is always consistently good and is the perfect spot for a break from shopping for some lunch. The only downsides are it can become very crowded and very noisy. Come prepared to wait for a table and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.NeighborVIPDined on 2/8/2014I took a group of friends & family here for my birthday. A couple of folks arrived early & the waitress brought them water but did not set out any for the rest of until we arrived. The initial service was very slow although it was not very busy. One guest is very, very finicky & the waitress & manager did their very best to accommodate him when the dish he originally order was not available. However, at least three us of ordered the bistro bouillabaisse. It was too salty. Would have been excellent. Two of us sent back our cocktails because they were too syrupy. A trio of musicians played jazz & like music during dinner that was excellent. However, overall, there was room for improvement. Not up to Nordstrom's usual high standard.
- NordstromNordstromDined on 1/28/2014I was hesitant about having a nicer dinner at a restaurant inside a big department store. However, even though the restaurant is within the big store i felt that the food was very good. The scallops were prepared perfectly on a bed of sweetly seasoned corn! The service could have been a bit more attentive since it was a slow evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2014There should be more Mall food like Bistro N! The place was packed at lunch on a Tuesday. Reservations are the only way to go. French onion soup and Crab Bisque were very good. Asian Chicken salad delightful. Bread pudding…decadent. Major service faux pas!! Served entrée before serving soup, additionally, he was absent and aloof during the meal, but punctual and hovering with the bill. Will go again…withholding recommendation until next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantBetsyVIPDined on 1/23/2014I love bistro N. The food is great, and so is the service. I really like that when I go, I never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent customer service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2013Six of us meet monthly for lunch at various local restaurants. We met here in December. Our reservation was ready when we arrived and we were greeted immediately by our server. She was very warm and answered all of our questions including recommendations when asked. She had no problem splitting the bill and checked on us frequently but not intrusively. Everyone was happy with their meals and although the restaurant was busy we did not feel we were being rushed. I had a problem with a gift card and one of the other staff took my card to customer service and resolved the issue. The restaurant is noisy but not to the extend that made conversation impossible. Overall a very good experience with outstanding customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!DeedeeDined on 11/27/2013Bistro N like the rest of the Nordstrom Northpark store is impeccable from start to finish. Not only is the food delicious, the staff is glad to see guests and make their experiences memorable. Having visiting many restaurants in the Dallas area as well as other Nordstrom locations, the experience here is many levels above the rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Dinner GREATslowservVIPDined on 11/15/2013our food was outstanding as usual, but our server was missing in action for most of the night. we will return, since this is the first bad experience we've had service wise at Bistro N. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro N Always WonderfulKikiVIPDined on 11/4/2013Took 3 friends to Bistro N and we had a delightful lunch, as usual! Love the menu, the servers are upbeat and helpful, the vibe is good, and the food is delicious. Need I say more? I love to bring friends and family to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood dishes are fantasticJomwVIPDined on 11/2/2013Seafood dishes are fantastic - Crab Mac and cheese is very decadent. Shrimp risotto and scallops also very good. Try Brussels sprouts and bread pudding. Great place for dinner on Fri and Sat nights, great food and usually not too bad of a waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!CKdinerDined on 10/30/2013Great food, great selections, great service. Best place in Northpark for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchKDouglasDined on 10/9/2013I met a friend here, we had soups (tomatillo/chicken soup and the crab bisque) and they were good. The shrimp salad was good but not great, same for the crab louie salad. Service was a little slow and the restaurant was not really busy, Server was nice so I did not say anything.Special Features:
- Great Choice on a Saturday NightMoeFarmerDined on 10/5/2013No problem getting a reservation although the restaurant was fairly full. Lovely music in the bar area. Attentive service - our server was new so still learning the ropes - but she worked to please. We had special diet needs that our server helped us with and the food was very delicious. I had the salmon - it was cooked just how I like it. The wine list is spare but I did not expect an extensive wine list for a department store restaurant. We were removed from all the hustle and bustle of NorthPark. Valet parked entered the store and took the near by elevator to the restaurant. Delightful evening.Special Features:
- A favorite dining spot at NorthparkLacyDined on 9/27/2013The food and service is consistently good here. We were happily surprised to have a small love band to listen to as well. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2013Always my go to place when having lunch with friends. Food is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go even though its in a storepreferuniquerestaurantsVIPDined on 8/30/2013Wonderful "hidden gem" upstairs in Nordstrom. Great for cocktails after work or a full meal. Nice ambiance and service. Have been three times and always enjoyed my meal. Food is consistently good and interesting choices. Great for vegetarians as they have good options.Special Features:
- Service was slowloveitalianVIPDined on 8/23/2013Food was excellent, as usual. Service was slow. Iced tea refills required begging. Was shocked that on a $100 dinner bill we were charged for a piece of birthday cake for a friends 50th birthday. Won't go back for a special occasion.
- I've been a regular at BistroPatriciaVIPDined on 8/2/2013I've been a regular at Bistro N for a few years now and will continue. The service from Freddy is always exceptional along with the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchBethanyInDallasDined on 8/2/2013We had a great lunch, but the Open Table reservation was not on their system. They quickly accommodated me anyway. They said this happens a lot to their Open Table reservations. Really?! Not once has this happened in the years I've been using Open Table for many different restaurants. I think the breakdown b/w the two systems should be reviewed if this is occurring regularly for this restaurant. Thanks!Special Features:
- My dinning experience wasdadsgirlDined on 7/27/2013My dinning experience was a very pleasant one. The restaurant staff was very personable and accommodating to us. It offers a great variety of menu selections. I would suggest to others to patronize Bistro N. North Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food @ NorthParkWacotxmommaVIPDined on 7/26/2013So many restaurants to choose from at NorthPark, but I always go back to Nordstrom Bistro N. Great food choices and quality. Fresh. Service is always good. Kid-friendly.Special Features:
- Limited menu options for dinnerDiningoutVIPDined on 7/20/2013Its too bad that you don't list other options in ranking for noise level, since this restaurant was essentially loud. I wanted something light and unfortunately there were no sandwiches offered on the dinner menu. I settled for a ceasar salad which was whole leaves of romaine. It might be the presentation they are looking at but when dining out, I really don't want to take part in preparing my own meal, hence I prefer a salad that is ready to eat. Hopefully in the future this option will be available along with an offering of lunch items or portions for those wishing to have a light meal. I miss the piano music that was always a Nordstrom trademark, now its much like Macy's or any other store.Special Features:
- The food here is always deliciousbwanaDined on 7/7/2013The food here is always delicious and top notch. Overall a very nice dining experience which I repeat often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch after shopping!CrankyintexasDined on 5/24/2013Food and service are always consistently good. I would recommend making a reservation on Fridays and Saturdays because the place will fill up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale spotNorthOakCliffVIPDined on 5/11/2013N Bistro, just in case you don't know, is the restaurant inside Nordstrom's at Northpark Mall. We'd eaten there previously, but long enough ago I'd forgotten how nice it was. Our return trip on May 11 found the service very attentive, the food was great, drinks were made well, and menu prices vary enough that most price points can be accommodated. I'd recommend reservations, although we went early enough that walk-in customers had no problem being seated. Live music began about halfway through our dinner, but was not overly loud. If you're looking for a location away from chain restaurants or food courts, I'd definitely recommend N Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/4/2013Delightful salads and luncheon fare. I will return, but on a different day than Saturday lunch. Crab Stack was the hit of the table. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for business lunchMBusinessDined on 5/2/2013The pear and walnut salad and the crab Louis salad were both excellent. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. Waiter accommodated need for non-sugary dessert and provided a lovely selection of fresh berries. We reserved a booth at the window and were out of the noisier parts of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Odd SpotFoodie4lifeDined on 4/25/2013So I have dined at Bistro N several times. The food is always consistent and good. But so is the menu. It never changes....ever. And when it does they take of the things I like. And some of the food is really dated.. Crab Louis Salad???? Let me get out my 1920's flapper clothes because that's the last time that salad was popular.And that god awful stemless glassware from the 90's. The servers are great. Samantha always has a smile. Ali is great as well. The other weird this is that every time i go there is a completely different manager. Sounds like someone in corporate doesn't know how to retain good people. . The food is just general fodder. I don't think it's supposed to be creative. Try the crab stack. There seem to one on every table.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!!!agirlsgottaeatVIPDined on 3/28/2013Been here several times...food is always excellent. This was the first time I had dessert here- WOW! The strawberry shortcake thing is unbelievable. My friend had the chocolate cake with caramel sauce- she was in heaven. Save room for dessert!!!Special Features:
- I have only had one thingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013I have only had one thing when I come and that is the cilantro shrimp salad and I have probably been there at least six times. It is just so good I hate to order anything else. Don't ever take it off your menu.Special Features:
- Food here is generally well-executeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2013Food here is generally well-executed - not what you would expect in a midscale tied to a department store - especially in dallas. good flounder special friday night; on-menu shrimp with asparagus risotto was spot-on. generally good service, although neither server nor gm had an idea about their wine list, which is limited but adequate.Special Features:
- Great lunch food and atmosphereWacotxmommaVIPDined on 3/7/2013Great place to dine while at Northpark. Truffle fries are great. Cocktails are good. Nice variety of delicious food.Special Features:
- Always enjoy meeting friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013Always enjoy meeting friends at the Bistro. Specialty salad on March 6th (chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, goat cheese) was outstanding.
- Never had so much salt inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2013Never had so much salt in our lives. And the steal au pauvre was simply in edible. It was a huge disappointment as we have been to bistro n a number of times. We will not be going back. Ever.
- This is a hidden gem insideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2013This is a hidden gem inside Nordstrom. The food is always delicious and the service is always great.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)DeeDeeVIPDined on 1/29/2013We requested a booth by the window near the bar and not the kitchen--which I was pleased to receive it. We always enjoy lunch there. Dinner is a bit spotty.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Such a lovely lunch breakOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2013Such a lovely lunch break from the typical food-court scene; great waiters and lovely food, and a decent wine list and lovely dessert options helps make this a nice treat either while shopping or in the general vicinity. Highly recommend reservations...there's always a wait for open seating if you don't have one.Special Features:
- I had lunch with my friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2013I had lunch with my friends and the food and service was fabulous. The restaurant was nice but very noisy. It was hard to here a conversation. They should either turn down the music or get rid of it all together .Special Features:
- great, attentive waiter -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/20/2012great, attentive waiter - not too intrusive, awesome food, friendly staff.Special Features: