160 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aretskyspatroon.com/
- Phone: 2128837373x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Fitterman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your personal style, Patroon offers a private room to match any event, from our exclusive Chef's table to our outdoor rooftop terrace. Patroon is designed to offer flexibility for the most intimate gatherings of 4 to large social gatherings of 400.
- Special Events: Six private dining rooms; 3 rooms that can be combined for flexible space. Rooftop terrace which is ideal for entertaining up to 125 guests for cocktails; AV equipment available; Multi-zone lighting; Wireless internet access
A word from Aretsky's Patroon
Welcome to Aretsky's Patroon, a classic New York City restaurant, owned by legendary restaurateur Ken Aretsky. Aretsky's Patroon offers superb contemporary American cuisine, warm, polished service and beautiful rooms suitable for a wide range of events. Whether you visit us for drinks and a light bite on our rooftop bar, a power lunch in our festive main dining room, or a discreet business dinner in one of our many private event spaces, we know that you will have a superb experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aretsky's Patroon reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (16)romantic (13)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2013Quite a fun and inviting setting for an excellent lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little saltyMsFinneyDined on 8/16/2013I enjoy eating at Patroon. My last visit was pleasant. We dined on the rooftop. I usually get the same dish but this time opted for the shepards pie but it was very salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Patroon'sShakesVIPDined on 8/15/2013A very comfortable layout of tables at this steak house in mid-Manhattan. Service was attentive and personalized - a nice feature. Prices a tad steep, and the sirloin steak I ordered came in somewhat overdone - served "medium" rather than "medium-rare" as I ordered. Not in the mood to make a fuss or wait for restaurant to prepare another entree, I ate the steak as prepared ---- and survived. I had hoped to take advantage of "Restaurant Week" but the offerings were rather uninviting. Disappointing, because most steak houses offer top entree options, even if it's accompanied by a $10 surcharge. Enjoyed the experience, as well as the professional service, but with the # of steak houses in NYC, I'll pass on returning.Special Features:
- Impeccable service and fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2013Impeccable service and fabulous food. Beautiful presentation. Noise level was a bit loud, but not unbearable. Definitely a good choice for a business dinner or "nice" dinner out in the city.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual elegance - dining excellenceNYTiderDined on 8/2/2013My wife and I enjoyed an evening out here with a really good steak, a nice fish and a bottle of Champagne. Everything was delicious, from the Caesar salad prepared fresh by the table to their over- the- top take on an ic cream sundae for dessert. We especially thought the side order o Vidalia onion rings were perhaps the best we'd ever had. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2013First seated at a table (we were 5) where I was surely going to be counting the times I got knocked in the head by wait staff going in and out of the kitchen. Hostess (Susette) was great about moving us to another table. Main problem is we were rushed to a degree I don't recall in a long time. We were there to have a pleasant, relaxing meal together and it got to be unpleasant. Even to the point where if you diverted your gaze away from your plate for a moment, it was whisked away with food still on it. For the prices we paid - around $175 per person without a lot of drinks or very expensive wine - it should have been a lot better.
- Great Dining Experience!viewfromtheairDined on 7/29/2013The food was wonderful with great service. Seasonal menu with very fresh ingredients! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kinder service would be nice.joehVIPDined on 7/26/2013stuffy, uppity service does not seem suited to the relaxing restuarante interiors, i have had rude treatment several times at the restuarant & have had to move on to friendlier places. Food is certainly pleasant enough.Special Features:
- Few disappointments hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2013One of the better choices in Midtown for a business lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class actHoopDined on 7/24/2013Great food and service,Waitstaff very knowledgable and competent. Hostess was very cordial and sat us immediately. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant week andksmithDined on 7/24/2013Went for restaurant week and they didn't skimp on the portions! Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- private mens clubDRMJC18Dined on 7/23/2013ELEGANT, FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL, FELT LIKE A PRIVATE CLUB -(MOSTLY MEN)Special Features:
- Unfortunate Restaurant Week ChoiceKatherineDined on 7/22/2013My friend and I decided to go for Restaurant week and take advantage of the great Prix Fix menu. When we arrived our waiter was quite snooty and barely took the time to take care of us. I ordered the sea scallops to start, they were bland while my friend ordered the gazpacho (a great choice). For the Entree I ordered the Mahi Mahi, much too spicy, taking over the flavor and too much pesto on the zucchini that came along with it. She ordered the pork loin which she felt was bland. For dessert we ordered the beignets which were absolutely the best part of the meal, a must. Overall we were quite disappointed, perhaps they didn't take the time to serve us because we were only there for the Prix Fix but I will never go back there again.Special Features:
- Good food, "tight" menu, aloofMikeZDined on 7/22/2013Good food, "tight" menu, aloof service, very pricey, very noisySpecial Features:
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/22/2013The service was outstanding and the the food was very ggreat. The owner wasd spoke with us. This added a nice touch and gave us an opportunity to tell him both goods and bads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate serviceFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2013Inspite of good food and a prime midtown location the service here was poor and our lunch very delayed.
- Handy to our offices and thusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2013Handy to our offices and thus becoming a neighbourhood hangout. Charming staff and a lovely upstairs patio for summertime drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is alwaysbellDined on 7/9/2013Food and service is always excellent. Airconditioning was not working well on a very warm day. Temperature was very uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2013Food was fabulous and service was fantastic. What else does one need to say? Staff was extremely attentive. Our party of 5 all had delicious meals and the desserts were over the top incredible. Oh yes, LOVED the lobster!Special Features:
- Yummy! Pricey!BronxiteVIPDined on 6/27/2013Somehow, I hadn't been to Patroon in about a decade. It hasn't changed much: First-class grub in an excellent setting with great service at full East Side prices. We split a chopped summer salad, had entrees of filet mignon and arctic char, dessert of caramel mousse washed down with a Langedoc red. Salad was better than average, kind of meaty. Steak was butter soft, wrapped in bacon for extra flavor and juiciness. Char came in a tasty broth on top of bok choy, full of flavor and the serving was generous. Mousse/ice cream combo was perfect sweet ending. Wine was sommelier's suggestion for somethiing that went with both entrees, worked very well. At $145 was one of the cheaper options on the list. Tab came to $291 pre-tip, ouchy but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant for aMelKDined on 6/26/2013Very good restaurant for a business lunch. Food was very good and service was outstanding. A bit pricey though...Special Features:
- burnt steakep314Dined on 6/19/2013Usually medium means slightly pink. My steak was burnt. Service was spotty - nice waiter but left us waiting awhile. Sent one wine bottle back - did not taste or smell right. Fairly disappointing overall.Special Features:
- What a great find in thisOsccawanalakeDined on 6/14/2013What a great find in this neighborhood where there seems to be only cheap eats. I was entertaining a client who works in the Graybar building . I found this via the reviews on Open Table. Neither of us knew of the restaurant and both were duly impressed. I was immediately impressed by the service as I was greeted by everyone upon arrival and constantly asked if everything was ok. Also we were never rushed as we took a long time to order since we had a lot to catch up on. I will certainly return. I loved the décor and just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience-NaplesVIPDined on 6/12/2013Excellent dining experience- food superb, service , ambience !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Midtown Eastug1976Dined on 6/11/2013I've been here several time and I'm always impressed by the consistency of its outstanding standards. Everything is just perfect here, since the welcoming area, the ambience, the courtesy of service, the umparalleled quality of good, the wine list...the terrace where to sip a drink while waiting. Absolutely worth the money which is unusual for Manhattan. Just fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patroon- Always a homeruncmf31Dined on 5/30/2013Patroon is consistently FANTASTIC! From the moment you walk through the door you feel like you're the hosts top priority. You are seated in a vibrant dining room with the who's who of Manhattan. Not only is the food impeccable, the wine list is incredible and the ambiance is energetic. Always always a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceVeryniceDined on 5/24/2013My wife and I were in town and decided to give this place a try. Food was very good, I had a steak and she a lobsters. The asparagus was amazing. We benefited from it being memorial day weekend as the city was very quiet as so was the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraciousDavidVIPDined on 5/20/2013Always a delight for business or pleasure. Clubby but not stuffy and creates a good looking room and perfect food. Bring wallet or someone with one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeting by hostess rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2013Greeting by hostess rushed and rehearsed Iniitial greeting was "Nice to see you" but she was not even looking at us Wait staff professional Appertizer and dessert were outstanding, Cobb Salad and Chicken Pallard get a CSpecial Features:
- always great food and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013always great food and really nice friendly atmosphere-- they try hard and they succeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patroon NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2013One of the best meals in NYC. Perfect food and location Elegant attention to detail and serviceSpecial Features:
- READING AND RESTAURANTzazie86VIPDined on 4/30/2013Thanks to novelist, Stuart Woods, I learned about Aretsky’s Patroon, on East 46th Street. It’s the latest favorite of his main characters, and I can understand why. Ken Aretsky went from table to table to welcome his guests. The hostesses and waitstaff were equally hospitable. Where we lunched was comfortable; but it was my first time there, and I didn’t “get” the décor of some of the rooms. The food, such as my prosciutto avocado toast, was nicely presented, tasty and in some cases, like my chicken curry, special. The coffee was surprisingly good and the oozing molten chocolate cake – to die for. The restaurant was festive but not too loud, and it didn't fall into that annoying business lunch mediocrity as do many midtown restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant. HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2013Excellent restaurant. Have been there previously. Great food. The only drawback is the noise level. Very high. Too high. If you don't mind that, try it out for sure.
- We love this restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2013We love this restaurant. The food is fabulous and the service is attentive, but not obtrusive. We've enjoyed every dish, but their dover sole is one of the best we've ever had. Our only regret is that they're not open on Saturday nights. We'll be back time and again. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- The parsnip puree soup wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013The parsnip puree soup was OK-the Dover Sole was excellent.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2013Another wonderful dinner at Patroon. The service is impeccable, the booths comfy, and every menu item we have tried has been outstanding. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- A little too noisie even forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013A little too noisie even for a New York restaurant. I liked the old design.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2013Our entire experience at Patroon was impressive and far exceeded our already high expectations. While the restaurant is on the more expensive side, we felt it was worth the cost. The photograph collection around the restaurant is spectacular. The ambiance is inviting and the booths and tables are very comfortable. It was hard to choose from the menu as everything sounded mouth-watering. Our selections were cooked to perfection and delicious. The wine list is outstanding and really has some unique choices. I can't say enough about the service - it was impeccable. Everyone was extremely welcoming and helpful, and the owner Ken Aretsky even came over and introduced himself. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Valentine's Day!MNYCVIPDined on 2/14/2013Had a wonderful Valentine's Day at Patroon. We had a great Zinfandel that was recommended. For starters, I had the potato and cauliflower soup which was amazing and my husband had the tuna which was good. For the main courses, I had the pork shank which was delicious and my husband had the veal which was very good. The owner stopped over and said hello which was very nice. Service was fabulous. We have been here a few times and have always enjoyed ourselves.
- a rare treat of a restaurant!salemwitchVIPDined on 2/12/2013i love this place! like being in a club where one is warmly welcomed and well looked after. (and don't miss the museum-quality photography collection!) and in the warmer weather when the roof is open--well, there are few better places to be in nyc. (it's also one of the last places that always has the owner, ken aretsky, very much in evidence, and he sees to it that everyone feels both special and very much at home.Special Features: