Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 W Osceola Pkwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/kissimmee-orlando-dining-activities/kissimmee-orlando-re
- Phone: 4075861600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JR Morgan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Gioia x
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort
Take a path through the mysterious Everglades to our rustic steakhouse retreat, Old Hickory Steakhouse. Offering charmingly sophisticated cuisine in a striking regional setting, Old Hickory Steakhouse features Certified Black Angus Beef, handcrafted artisanal cheeses and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Our chefs partner with local artisans and farmers to source the finest regional products whenever available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (30)scenic view (15)notable wine list (13)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FoodwendyDined on 4/8/2014Everything was wonderful, except someone in my party ordered their steak well done and the server commented that they would butterfly it, and the steak came out med, and not butterflied. They did however apologize, brought it back perfect adn offered us 2 more sides which i thought was very nice. - I had ordered my steak Med. and it was a little on the rare side (I dont mind med rare, but this was too rare) in the middle, (It was very thick) so couldnt eat it, but the outside and flavor was amazing...Special Features:
- Very much a diamond in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2014Very much a diamond in the rough....Very good food!Special Features:
- Nice dinner in OrlandoMarkVIPDined on 3/31/2014We were not staying at the Gaylord when we went here. It was great food, great service, steaks were awesome. Valet perking is free if you eat at rest. This is a good way to enjoy the interior of the gaylord after dinner. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- Great service good foodJak1Dined on 3/30/2014The service was excellent. The servers worked as a team and were kind and thoughtful. The food was just good not great. The resort is beautiful as well however sitting where we were at 530 there was a horrible glare that could not be remedied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gaylord Experience - The Best!GabeFreddDined on 3/28/2014I've been to the "Mother Ship" Gaylord in Nashville and it is awesome. I have also eaten at the Gaylord National Harbor in suburban DC. The Old Hickory Steakhouses are a must for me. Yes, they are expensive but worth it (every 2 years or so!). Food and service are beyond anything 99% of restaurants offer. Sitting at a nice table over looking an atrium is unbeatable - like being outdoors but not... These folks do it right so, go for it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected TreatRobLDined on 3/20/2014The dining room has a nice ambience with an "outdoors while indoors" decor and a beautiful view out a very large glass wall through the trees of the atrium. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and the menu appealing, but the real treat came after we ordered. While we were waiting for our meal my 96 year old father-in-law became very disoriented (not enough characters to explain). The staff came to his rescue, caring for him all through dinner, keeping and reheating our meal, bringing fresh side dishes, providing a wheelchair, helping him to the car, etc. The food and service were EXCELLENT, but the manager & staff were heros, taking very good care of him and the rest of our party. I can't wait for a chance to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was VERY EXPENSIVE -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2014Food was VERY EXPENSIVE - ridiculous!!! I had the filet and it was okay, mashed potatoes tasted like they came from a box. The crab cakes and oysters were very good. Atmosphere and service was excellent.Special Features:
- We came to celebrate our daughtersMarthaDined on 3/19/2014We came to celebrate our daughters Engagement and it was truly a wonderful evening. The food and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate it all and gluten free too!lydiaw11Dined on 3/16/2014We ordered the wedge salad and to our delight - found out that they had switched the lettuce from Iceberg to Romaine!! Even better. It is so delicious!! Our entrees were also delicious. One of the marvelous things was that when I made the reservation, I mentioned that I was eating gluten free. The server remembered that and brought yummy gluten free rolls just for me. She also recommended the items on the menu that were also gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service wasmmc23007Dined on 3/10/2014Great Food and Service was awesome.... CAN't go wrong with this choice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealMeatLoverDined on 3/5/2014It had been a while since we dined at Old Hickory Steakhouse, and, if anything, it was better than I remembered. We opted for their special prime grade rib eye steak each which made for a very expensive tab. But the meat was excellent in taste and preparation. However they flame broil the steaks leaves no after-taste like some restaurants -- just a nicely crispy browned outside on a deliciously red/warm interior. Their salad portions are very large and can easily be shared, especially if you are saving room for dessert. The wait staff is friendly and attentive but not intrusive. It was definitely a wonderful experience that we will remember and repeat again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very clean and quaint Place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014A bit pricey but worth it! Thank you Gaylord Palms for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb!!!!Raimac56Dined on 2/15/2014We will definitely return to this restaurant when we are in the area again. The food was very good, the staff were very polite and helpful and the setting was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and Cheese did it for us!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentine's evening. It is a cool setting, inside the Gaylord Palms. What was surprising to us was the suggested menu for that date: a 6 course dinner with lobster, oysters. Although a steak house, the Old Hickory also serves some other dishes for those who are not feeling meat that night. We skipped the suggested menu and went for our traditional Carpaccio and french onion soup. Both delicious and so were are filets perfectly cooked and served for our main dish. The main reasons why we went back to Old Hickory were for the wine list and the cheese table. Hickory has one of the best cheese selections in Orlando and they have the wine list to pair it with. Our 2000 Pichon Longueville was absolutely a-mazing. We loved our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedTraynorDined on 2/14/2014Haven't been here in a while. It was our go to special occasion restaurant. Not anymore. Did not know Marriott took over the hotel. Sad to see a great restaurant go down the drain. Food quality and service are no longer the focus. Steer clear.
- Food not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The food was not good at all. I definitely would not recommend. On top of it, paid extremely high price for not enjoying the food.