Waterline - Marriott Longwharf
296 State Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Waterline - Marriott Longwharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.waterlineboston.com/
- Phone: 6172273838
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Breakfast 6:30am - 11:30am;
Saturday and Sunday Breakfast 7:00am - 12:00pm;
Monday – Friday Lunch: 11:30 – 2pm;
Saturday and Sunday Lunch: 12:00 - 3PM;
Dinner Daily 5:00 – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Chaves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of up to 30 guests can be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Johnson 6172270800
- Special Events: Please visit our website.
A word from Waterline - Marriott Longwharf
Waterline offers up Boston-style comfort foods, perfect for sharing and made from the finest, locally sourced ingredients. Appetizers like housemade chips with Grafton cheddar beer dip, Judith Point lemon calamari and chef’s vast selection of sliders are all great for sharing. More substantial items like our long line tuna, burgers with hand-cut fries, crisp entrée salads and a hearty selection of sandwiches. Local Boston favorites include a top of the line chowder, house made cannolis and a large selection of local microbrews.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Waterline - Marriott Longwharf reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- its a hotel restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2008its a hotel restaurant and over-priced for the quality of the food, but the view of Boston Harbor might be worth it once.Special Features:
- It was romantic and relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2008It was romantic and relaxing but the service was very slow. Dinner for 2 took about 2 1/2 hours and the waitress didn't check in very often.Special Features:
- This place was okay - notOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2008This place was okay - not great considering the price. Food was hit or miss. Service was not great at all. Probably will not go back.Special Features:
- We tried this resturant forpkepDined on 8/14/2008We tried this resturant for Restaurant Week, and we were disappointed. The menu advertised on the Restaurant Week website was not the same as the Restaurant Week menu which was handed to us at the restaurant. With fresh tomatoes in season and available locally, there was no excuse for the tough hothouse tomatoes in the tomato mozzarella salad. I didn't want the salmon, and the flatbread chicken caesar salad was just okay, with chicken that was not well trimmed. The fruit tart was passable, but dry. Neither my husband nor I will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2008I was very disappointed. We went during restaurant week. I ordered their filet mignon, and they literally gave me a piece of meat that was 2" X 3" inches big. The waiter was inattentive. In the end, they added gratuity automatically--even though we were a party of 2--so I then realized the waiter had nothing to work for. There were virtually no people in the restaurant, so the whole dining experience was just very lackluster.
- We went to Oceana to celebrateMsDaynnaDined on 8/3/2008We went to Oceana to celebrate our Mom's birthday. There was a group of us. Although some of us in my group had been to Oceana previously for dinner, this was our first time attending Oceana Restaurant for brunch, and it will not be our last. We have added Oceana to the top of our favorite list. The food was absolutely fabulous with quite a variety, the service was outstanding and the view from our table was mesmerizing. Our server, Rob, was friendly, professional and attentive to every detail. Needless to say, this was one of our best dining experiences, and WE WILL BE GOING BACK AGAIN SOON.Special Features:
- I failed to read the reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2008I failed to read the reviews, and just went on pictures and price list!! Stupid me. It was my Mom's birthday and we wanted an inexpensive seafood restaurant on the water. The view was blocked by the terrace, there was NO atmosphere, the waitress was rude and it took us over an hour to get our food. We were starving. We ended up paying $40 per person without alcohol, and everyone left hungry anyway. The nicest part of the meal was the lady who kept pouring water into our glasses. She was a delight, and the friendliest person in the place.
- Nasty, stressed-out busperson.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Nasty, stressed-out busperson. "NOT MY JOB!" more than once. A devil-may-care attitude on the part of the waitress, including a 45 minute delay between getting the desert menus and getting the waitress to show again. Only after I pursued the manager in the kitchen did the staff start behaving like the $250 tab (that was finally comped) would have dictated (that's 250 bucks for four people!) We spent 3 hours over a meal that should have taken 90 minutes. I was shocked beyond words when, after explaining our predicament to the manager, without hesitation he picked up the ENTIRE tab. Our party speculated that the waitstaff is stretched so thin that the management and owners knowingly comp irate customers at the drop of a hat. Avoid.
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2008The food was very good, but very overpriced. My huge complaint was that 3 people at my table ordered lobster and they charged the same price for all 3 $47 and they were all different sizes. Probably ranging from 1.25lbs to 2lbs. They should all be the same size for the same price otherwise there should be different price points.Special Features:
- Give it a face lift please,WiltonFrankVIPDined on 7/10/2008Give it a face lift please, and get some new serversSpecial Features:
- Lovely to look over the watersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2008Lovely to look over the waters but the food isn't so great considering the price tag and the place a bit austere.Special Features:
- Service was a bit "who cares".MikeDined on 7/7/2008Service was a bit "who cares". Food was tasty, view was nice, atmosphere was 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and 1 % trace gases.Special Features:
- Disapointed with food. HasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2008Disapointed with food. Has been good in ths past but restaurant has gone down.
- The Miso Salmon was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008The Miso Salmon was absolutely delicious! Thank you, it was my first time enjoying salmon! I really appreciated the complimentary valet parking and the 10% discount for dine and cruising. DianeSpecial Features:
- I have no thoughts about thisMLouDined on 6/22/2008I have no thoughts about this restaurant. It was never my favorite for brunch. But it was a belated Father's Day Brunch and my husband likes it very much. So that's all that matters. We were a bit early and we were seated immediately. They honored my request for a window seat and our server was attentive. So all in all a decent dining experience.Special Features:
- Great variety of good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2008Great variety of good food at the buffet and reasonably priced, even throwing in a glass of champaigneSpecial Features:
- Pleasant. Good food at resonableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2008Pleasant. Good food at resonable prices BUT banana split, so called, was very disappointing...it was hardened sugar over ice cream and banana with whipped cream. Should have been sauce. There was none. Not sure it was properly described. I did complain and got a shrug. I think I should have had a refund on that dessert.Special Features:
- Scallops were very good StuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008Scallops were very good Stuffed Shrimp: should have returned them -were completely dried out - horrible. Salmon dish: Salmon was good, potatoes were hard as a rock. Luncheon Salmon @ Cheesecake Factory was far more enjoyable and les $$ Lounge/Bar area was fun/enjoyable. Outside seating was not available yet. I wouldn't go back for the food - but might for drinks and appetizers as long as they continue validating parking [which is excellent !]Special Features:
- We had a really wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008We had a really wonderful experience at Oceana. We loved the food and the atmosphere! Also, our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008We had a wonderful experience for my daughter's birthday celebration. The scenery of Boston Harbor at night-time was a great backdrop to beautifully prepared meals for all four of us. I was nervous because of a lack of dinner guests in the dining area, but the quality, presentation and uniqueness of each dish was excellent. The chef was very accommodating to adjust a main course dish because of a food allergy. The staff was professional, friendly, attentive and did not rush us through our meal. Thanks to Michael for that Boston home feeling. The complimentary dessert with candle was most appreciated. I would definitely consider Oceana as a beautiful backdrop with attractive, unique dinner selections for other family occasions!Special Features:
- Extremely good service, NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2008Extremely good service, Nice views, great food and decent price. Our server or I should say servers were very very helpful, extremely polite and made us very comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Great views of the harborOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2008Great views of the harbor but it was very quiet, so no people watching opportunities. Food was good - flavorful and even temperature, good service pace and not too expensive for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- We went there for Sunday Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/18/2008We went there for Sunday Brunch. While the selections and food quality were excellent, they did not appear to be very organized and definetly not ready to begin seating people at 11:30. It was difficult to find the hostess station when we arrived. It turned out to be near the bar; so the checkin was very confusing.Special Features:
- I had a reservation for 11:30LasaraleenDined on 5/18/2008I had a reservation for 11:30 AM on Sunday May 18th. The Asian hostess seemed aggravated and out of sorts, perhaps unhappy that she was there, and definitely annoyed that there were people waiting to be seated. The Caucasian hostess seemed aggravated as well, and really put out at having to seat guests. It was a very unpleasant start, and embarassing for me, as I'd brought out-of-town friends with me. It made a very bad impression on all of us. I understand that people have bad days, but they probably should not take it out on their customers.
- The lunch menu was a littleAmyADined on 5/15/2008The lunch menu was a little limited, but otherwise, we loved the food. We looked at the menu online(only the dinner one is posted? and got the impression that is what would be available. They were kind enough to offer us one item from the dinner menu.Special Features:
- My first experience at theJoJoDined on 5/6/2008My first experience at the Oceana was definitely a good one. I highly recommend it to everyone. Food was superb, service was great and view of Boston Harbor was wonderful. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServiceJeffPDined on 4/26/2008Food was excellent. Service was good. View was great. Would go back. The nautical bar was very nice with very good drinks.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful birthday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2008Had a wonderful birthday brunch. The food was delicious, and the window table had a great view. Look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- I always love going to Oceana,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2008I always love going to Oceana, the food and service are great!Special Features:
- Quiet because we were thereKMACK1of4Dined on 4/19/2008Quiet because we were there at 6:30. We were late for our reservation. We requested a table with a view and got denied even though the place was empty. Our first round of drinks were great. Second round came with no mint in the mojitos, and without olives in the martinis. Food took awhile to get to us, and then was cold - especially the sides. I do have to say that once it came, we were sooo hungry that we ate everything the way it was. Two of us had steak and were very happy, even though cold potatoes, veggies, etc. Two had fish and one was very overcooked - or just dried out from sitting. The one chicken dish was disgraceful! It was just a tiny piece with a bone that looked like it came from a pigeon. They took it off our bill.
- Outstanding food, beautifulPeterSDined on 4/18/2008Outstanding food, beautiful view and a fantastic server.Special Features:
- great view of the Harbor.BirthdayDined on 4/6/2008great view of the Harbor. Buffet breakfast, with omlet/waffle station. very clean.Special Features:
- Seated us right away but itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008Seated us right away but it took 20 minutes for them to take our drink order and 50 minutes to get us our appetizer. My wife's salad was average and the buffalo shrimp appetizer I had was interesting but only slightly above average. Our Miso Salmon and the scallops with spinich and mashed potatoes were pretty good. The waitress complained that they were "swamped" but I saw at least 5 open tables the whole time we were there. It seemed more like they were understaffed. After the initial hour of hassles, the waitress seemed to catch up and attend to our table in a timely manner. Always seemed like she was rushed and didn't have time to do a proper job. The food overall was pretty good, but due to the service I'd be hesitant to return.Special Features:
- I wasn't as impressed as I'dOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped. It didn't have the feel of a fancy restaurant. More like upscale casual dining. Given the location it certainly has the potential to be more. I doubt I'd visit again.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008We had a wonderful experience! We appreciated that the valet parking was free for 2 hours with validation, as Boston parking is costly!Special Features:
- We visited this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008We visited this restaurant the last day of restaurant week. We found the food selection to be enticing, and were plesantly surprised that it tasted as good as it sounded. The service was excellent and prompt. The view overlooking the Long Wharf was very nice. The atmosphere was pleasing, not too formal. We enjoyed all three of our courses. The appetizer, lobster bisque, was exceptional tasty. The main course and dessert were delightful. We were also guests at the hotel (Marriott Long Wharf), we orginally picked this restaurant for its convenience, but would certainly dine there again.Special Features:
- We dined during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/20/2008We dined during restaurant week-We were NOT told that 18% gratuity WAS INCLUDED in our final bill-Interesting when I asked about it-it WASN'T included on the diners' bills who ordered from the regular menu. We did order wine, vegetable sides, and coffee (all extra). We were not prepared for this inclusion. Though common in Europe and with parties of 6 or more, I have NEVER experienced this on a dinner for 2 in ANY restaurant throughout the United States! I feel that the restaurant week diners were penalized for ordering the special menu. The manager offered no explaination and made us feel like second class. The internet menu DID NOT mention ANYTHING regarding this extra charge. We won't go there again & WILL SHARE my poor dining experiece.
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The food was excellent, the only thing was the entree took a very long time to come out even though the restaurant was not very full (over half an hour after we finished our soups). Very good presentation, would love to come back in the summer as it looks like they have outdoor seating?Special Features:
- Loved it! Scallops were toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008Loved it! Scallops were to die for as was the chocolate dream cake!!!Special Features:
- The view was great and itOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/18/2008The view was great and it seemed to be a good spot for lunch, but the food was awful! I was there for restaurant week so I dined from the set menu - the ceasar salad was drenched in dressing, the tuna steak was overcooked, the white bean puree side was cold and the sauteed onion vegetables were greasy! The dessert seemed stale and was unappetizing. The only good parts about the lunch were the scenery, the bread basket and my lunch guest. Definitely needs improvementSpecial Features: