440 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.everestrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3126638920x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday: 5:30 - 9:30; Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean Joho
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Everest
Soaring above Chicago's skyline on the 40th floor of One Financial Place and under the culinary direction of Chef/Owner Jean Joho, Everest serves some of Chicago's finest personalized cuisine. "Though the restaurant has a spectacular unobstructed cityscape as a backdrop, the food is what commands attention," said Chicago Magazine, which has voted Everest four stars for the tenth year in a row, since Everest opened.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Everest - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Everest reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (97)scenic view (90)romantic (82)notable wine list (80)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- It is worth going onceWildeatsVIPDined on 6/14/2014It is very expensive, not that creative. It is traditional with a lot of older clientele. There are only three or four window tables but they are very hard to come by. I would rather return to Alinea, North Pond, Les Nomads or Next.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2014We were celebrting our 40th wedding anniversary and could not have picked a better restaurant. Everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FrenchKateDined on 6/13/2014We were in Chicago celebrating my birthday...looking for a classic french restaurant. Everest is elegant, the cuisine better than excellent. The executive chef was most gracious to us as he stopped at our table to discuss our menu selection and wine. Valerie, our waiter, was extremely knowledgeable about menu details and, with Jennifer acting as sommelier, we could not have asked for a more pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Amazing!JCRWFBDined on 6/13/2014Caveat on the front end, we are foodies. This was the best meal and dining experience we've had in I don't know how many years. We're not quite sure how we missed it. Food, service, ambiance was the quality of Michelin 3 star. Every service, every detail for the four of us was perfect from the starters, entrees to deserts. Great wine list to boot. The service was impeccable, absolutely flawless and while the feel of the restaurant was a little buttoned down, our family group managed to laugh and have a great time without feeling the slightest bit uncomfortable. Really wonderful but be clear, it's a bull market experience. This said, it's now on our go to list for special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing view! Phenomenal staff!JjbizchickDined on 6/12/2014Breath-taking views. Wonderful staff! Amazingly delicious symphony of eats!! Spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!Dinner4TwoDined on 6/7/2014An amazing place. Very pricey - not for the faint hearted. Service was great; would have given 5 stars (service) but waitress seemed a little put-off (twice) by our cocktail order & noted our suburban residence. Did Food&Wine pairing. Each and every course impressed my wife and I. Not a miss-step in any course or wine selection. Truely impressed.Special Features:
- best dessertshiningVIPDined on 6/7/2014best appetizer and dessert, but not the best main course.. but the view and ambience out-beats.Special Features:
- Everest ExcelsUncleBillDined on 6/6/2014Tasting menu - fabulous, service - fabulous. Great for any occasion, but this place is made for a special occasion.Special Features:
- You should be Enjoying too!LiveWell2DineDined on 6/6/2014I would recommend if you happen to come to Chicago for a visit or any special occasions you have to come to Everest for a night of enjoying fine dining at least once. You will be enjoyed every moment you are there; the food, city view, and especially the services. The Everest team had shown their professionalism and kindness that went above and beyond our expectations and now wonder Everest was awarded one of the Michelin Stars. You should be Enjoying too! Live Well. Live Healthy. Enjoy Live!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICEDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Overpriced restaurant, the food is ok but nothing special.Special Features:
- Everest on sat niteDon64Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent choice for our anniversary, very attentive staff, knowledgeable about food and wine choices. Only disappointments were that our lead server was stiff as a board in style and not particularly informative about the food. Usually at places like Everest the food choices come with some background and then presentation, we felt a bit rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French at its BestCookieDined on 5/30/2014From the moment you arrive you feel that they really want to make you happy. The food is wonderful and the staff is expertly trained, you'll feel that they really enjoy what they do, and they do it very well. I particularly enjoyed the boneless frog leg and nettle foam soup. It was innovative and delicious. I will go again when I visit Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everst falls shortGourmetAlbaVIPDined on 5/30/2014If you have very good food and a fantastic wine list, coupled with a very nice room and a great view, it would be great if you could get the other things right too. Both of our courses were brought to the table the wrong way around and, despite the server repeating our food selections, the wrong entree was brought. In addition NOBODY spoke to us at all for fully ten minutes after we were seated. They also decanted my quite expensive bottle of Brunello away from the table and out of my sight which I consider a no-no.Special Features:
- GiovannaDined on 5/24/2014The service was top-notch at this restaurant, from being greeted to leaving the restaurant. The Staff was very genuine and knowledgeable about all of their products. The food was incredible, some beyond words. If you are looking for high-end quality when it comes to food and service, Everest is your restaurant. The restaurant even acknowledged my notes from online indicating the dinner was for a 'birthday celebration.' I have not had any restaurant actually acknowledge the notes I place when performing a reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant eveningBigoeatsDined on 5/24/2014If you are looking for an elegant dining experience ... Look no further. Clean professional attentive staff and food and wine that will amaze! Not an inexpensive dinner but as they say ..."price is an issue when a lack of value is perceived" and this evening was well worth the price!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogertluvsfrenchDined on 5/23/2014It was an excellent dining experience, and was worth the drive from the burbs to Chicago. The whole staff was polite, attentive, pleasant, and very professional in demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1155 reviews are from the Everest reviews archive.
- Absolutely Perfect!MJ2EVIPDined on 5/20/2014Three of us get together twice a year during professional meetings. Our dining criteria involves finding the best restaurant we can on the one evening we can dine. While in Chicago we chose Everest and were not disappointed. The restaurant itself is beautiful, very romantic and the view is fantastic. We got to watch a thunderstorm roll in - awesome!. We all got the 3 course meal which was a starter, a main dish, and dessert. The wine list is extensive and a little pricey. The sommelier worked with us to find a good bottle within price range. Two of us started with broiled lobster and then had sole. Another got halibut. All were lovely to view and delicious. Desserts were yummy and the service was exquisite! Impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencefoodieDined on 5/17/2014Excellent followed delivered with exceptional service. From the amuse bouche to the final dessert everything tasted wonderful. Also had an opportunity to meet Chef Joho as he walked to most tables to ensure food and service were top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!KokoTasoDined on 5/17/2014Perfect spot for that special someone in your life. Great food and price; will return soon.Special Features:
- overpriced and disappointingsyalDined on 5/17/2014Maybe I had too much expectations for a Relais et Chateaux restaurant, but we were really disappointed and I don't feel it is worth the price. We had the degustation menu with a wine pairing. One wine pairing for two was more than enough for us. The lobster and the foie gras and the assorted wines were fantastic. The 2 main courses (haddock and magret de canard) tasted too much alike, and I didn't like them that much. The red wine was ok but not excellent. The camembert from Maine had nothing special but it didn't taste like camembert (but maybe it's because I'm used to french camembert). The desert and the assorted wine were really great. The service was ok but not to the level I would expect it to be for a very nice restaurant.Special Features:
- As good as everDoodleVIPDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful meal, spectacular wines ( the Alsace Pinot Noir was a revelation )Special Features:
- Exquisite DiningDiningdivaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Forget Paris. Dine at Everest and you are transported to the pinnacle of French dining. The service, timing, and attention to detail are phenomenal. We loved the decor, the cuisine, the extra amuse bouches. Everest is such a special treat for any occasion. It is truly a dining experience. We LOVE Everest. You feel so well taken care of at Everest. I do recommend you try the lobster and foie gras preludes. They are heavenly dishes. The venison with the huckleberry sauce was so savory. The beignets and passion fruit soufflé was divine. They serve their own blend of Intelligentsia Coffee which is fabulous.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experiencechicagosbestDined on 5/10/2014Fantastic!! A true dining experience. Very few restaurants left with such a complete package...delicious food, wonderful service, fabulous views, and beautiful decor!! Everyone should experience this at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy EverestOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/8/2014This restaurant provides a level of service that few can rival. The staff was attentive and informative without being overbearing. The food is excellent and I suggest you allow the sommelier to choose your wine pairing if you go that route. You will be most pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Food in ChicagoDoctorChicagoDined on 5/3/2014Absolutely magnificent - Flavors that are melded that make sense for a change. Chef Joho absolutely knows how to make fantastic dishes - Service was very accomodating for my Wife's needs. Everything was precise and anticipated what we needed without having to ask for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Simply outstanding place, everything in place and delicious. Incredible service!Special Features:
- Memorable EveningArmystrongDined on 5/2/2014We were celebrating a very special event and Everest was not to be outdone in making our dining experience one we will never forget. Thank you very much to all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNIQUE EXPERIENCEJRbloomingdaleDined on 4/26/2014BREATH TAKING VIEW IF YOU ARE SITTING NEXT TO WINDOW :),BOTTOM LINE VERY NICE,WILL DO AGAIN :).MAYBE A BIT PRICEY,BUT OTSTANDING WINE AND FOODSpecial Features:
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2014We were there celebrating a special occasion. We had the tasting menu and it was one of the best we've ever had. Every course was done to perfection. Their wine selection is fantastic. We've done some of the newer high end places most recently in Los Angeles and started to think we're just not "tasting menu" people. Thank you Everest for restoring our delight in a great night of great food and drink. We did not do the wine pairings, but the cocktails and two bottles of fantastic french reds were wonderful. We all said we'd be back and recommend it highly to friends who truly love fine dining.Special Features:
- Time to Celebrate2finedineDined on 4/19/2014Four of us went to Everest to celebrate a birthday. We all love French food. Everest did not disappoint. The food, service, and ambiance were all perfect for the event. We love the special dishes that come at a top notch French restaurant as their amuse busche and the triple dessert surprises. Our only concern was that their wine selection was somewhat overpriced but then again you don"t go everyday.Special Features:
- I had not been to EverestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2014I had not been to Everest in more than 15 years and was quite disappointed. Compared to other restaurants of comparable standing, the food seemed very dated and, in a couple of instances, courses lacked flavor and were of an odd consistency. I didn't get the sense that the (limited) menu selections were particularly seasonal or contained ingredients that were local or special. It was as if the menu offered was unchanged from the one 15 years ago. The service was so-so, being generally efficient (although, after what seemed to be a long wait, we had to ask to our order to be taken), but robotic.Special Features:
- A Top Chicago RestaurantgoodfenceVIPDined on 4/11/2014We had the spring tasting menu. Overall quality of meal and service was superior. The wine steward led us to very good choices. On this night we did have a problem. The duck was over cooked. We returned it and the duck came back perfectly cooked. This is the first time we had a problem at Everest. I am surprised the kitchen did not notice the problem before serving. The problem was visible to any cook, my tasting just confirmed it. Yes we will return. I assume this was an unusual over site.Special Features:
- Great sunset and foodfryetechDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed the time we spent at Everest. We purchased the "theater" meal which was priced very reasonably and still very filling. The staff was awesome! They rearranged the seating so we could see the sunset. Also, one of the first questions they asked before the dinner event began was if we were under a time crunch. We informed them of a theater reservation in 2 hours and they scheduled the multiple course meal to be served in a manner that left us with plenty of time to catch a cab waiting for us; arranged by the restaurant! Needless to say, we will be back! P.S. The food was 4 star and the pastries were a work of art!Special Features:
- Top 5 all time.....ATXhotelguyVIPDined on 4/5/2014I have dined all over the world and this makes my top fiive dining experience of all time. It is the best in chicago. Service was professional and much appreciated. Had the 10 course dinner and all was pire perfection. This is THE special occasion restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!aliciaDined on 4/5/2014I cannot say enough good things about the meal we had at Everest. We went there for dinner during a romantic dinner in Chicago. The food was stellar, the service was impeccable, the view was beautiful. While the meal was expensive - it felt like we got a lot for it. The sommelier set up pairing for our meals and each one was spot on. I also appreciated that they offered half glasses for the pairings since four glasses of wine is a lot for a light-weight drinker like me. The menu was adventurous but did not feel overwhelming or heavy. The one piece of advice I would give is trust the menu and go for it. Some items that did not sound appealing on the menu (chocolate milk soup? nettle foam?) were the highlights of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a real great experience!!!FrancoisDined on 4/4/2014It was a real great experience!!! We felt like I'm France ... Thanks to all teamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!CherylDined on 4/4/2014A special place with a truly outstanding menu that caters to every diner's needs.Special Features:
- A miscommunication initiallya6foreverDined on 3/22/2014A miscommunication initially left us abandoned. But once we pointed out the problem, service could not have been better. Nice save!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still One of Chicago's FinestChicagoResidentDined on 3/21/2014The negative reviews on this restaurant are simply wrong. It remains one of the great dining experiences in Chicago. If you don't appreciate French cuisine and wines go somewhere else. If you want to try French cuisine with American influences - and have the money - you can't beat Everest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tale of Two RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014On our recent visit to Chicago we ate at two of the city's best; Alinea (3 Stars) and Everest (1 Star). For those of you who know the Alinea it is an experience that should be savored at least once, The Everest is a restaurant that I could and will visit again and recommend to to friends. I have a handful of favorite restaurants around the world and I feel this is destine to become one. From the view on the fortieth floor, the art, the food, wine list and service, everything is well thought out and blends perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.