3540 Blackhawk Plaza Circle
Danville, CA 94506Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackhawkgrille.com/
- Phone: 9257364295
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:00 pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday - Sunday 11am - 3pm
Monday - Thursday 5 - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 5 - 10:30pm
Sunday 5 - 9pm
DAILY HAPPY HOUR
3-6pm (everyday) and 9-10:30pm (except Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jason Buckley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms and a lavish umbrella shaded patio along the lagoon for any of your events. Our team can help you plan and host corporate meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Grant Johnson 8883022014
- Entertainment: We offer live musical performances every Thursday and Saturday night and Sunday afternoons during brunch!
- Special Events: The Blackhawk Grille regularly hosts weddings, birthday parties, bridal showers, retirement dinners...the list goes on! So next time you're planning an event, think of us! We're happy to help make your occasion one you'll never forget.
A word from Blackhawk Grille
The Blackhawk Grille offers a menu filled with innovative flavor combinations, an extensive wine list and a water-side setting to enjoy a meal, cocktail, or bottle of wine in Northern California's beautiful Danville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackhawk Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (44)good for groups (35)special occasion (32)scenic view (31)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (22)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (15)notable wine list (15)Show More
- Great ExperianceFRL1Dined on 4/3/2014My wife and I just moved into the Dublin area. As our move into the Dublin area coincided with my wife's birthday, we were not able to do anything special. Being new to the area, and not knowing where to go I searched on the web for recommendations (which can be hit or miss). Fortunately, I found a review for the Blackhawk Grille. The food was fantastic, the service was amazing, and they even provided a free birthday dessert for my wife! I will definitely be recommending this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food choices.CaligirlDined on 4/3/2014From comfort food and pizza to classic steak and potatoes, almost any food whim you may have is available. Very difficult to choose what to have - just order another drink, you'l figre it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent. Appreciated2hijasandmaxVIPDined on 3/29/2014Service was excellent. Appreciated the accommodation of our last minute reservation.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchesLindaMDined on 3/25/2014Blackhawk Grille is great for business lunches because it is quiet and they have delicious salads on the menu for those of us that do not want a filling lunch. Very good service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but very loudBexdcDined on 3/22/2014We came here for a celebratory birthday dinner. It was bustling inside --- Saturday night -- and the service was very attentive for much of our meal. Food was excellent -- my chicken picata was perfectly done and the scampi and noodles that some of the others had was excellent. However, the noise level in the restaurant was almost deafening. Our party of six literally had to should to each other to be heard. Because of the incredible volume, I was reduced to speaking only to the people directly to the right or left of me. The waiter actually apologized for the noise level -- the acoustics in the main room, which is partially enveloped in glass, with a tile floor, do not contribute to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysRavenVIPDined on 3/22/2014We intentionally sat outside as this weekend had brilliant weather. You can enjoy your fabulous meal right next to the pond where there are lots of ducks to keep you entertained as they swim by. A meal and a show! :) I've been to Blackhawk Grille many times and it's an exceptional restaurant. There service was a bit off this particular day, they seemed a bit short handed but the food was great.Special Features:
- a little noisier than expectedPLynnPDined on 3/21/2014We've enjoyed the Blackhawk Grille several times ourselves so we invited another couple for dinner. We had reservations for an 8:00 PM Friday night dinner, a little later than we would usually go but to accommodate the work schedule of our guests. We are all in our 60's and we were thinking it would be an 'adult' environment where we could talk. It was much noisier than expected; there were several families with children . Several tables left after we were served so it was more comfortable then. The food, as always, was delicious; we split the mussel appetizer and the lamb shank. For couples my recommendation is to go in the afternoon when you can enjoy the view of the duck pond and converse easily.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudTattaaVIPDined on 3/20/2014The restaurant is too loud. It was very difficult to talk and hear each other. There were six of us at a round table.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2014This restaurant is always consistently great. The menu was change a few years ago because of the economy and it is now more affordable. I miss the old menu.Special Features:
- Great Place for LunchmylocalrestaurantDined on 3/18/2014The spicey potato chips servered at each table were a great start for a lovely lunch. We had the very tastey meatloaf and very fresh Blackhawk Grille (BG) salad. The server was very friendly and prompt. Blackhawk Grille is a big restaurant located by an impressive Blackhawk Auto Museum water feature. Inside dining or outside are both fun places to eat. The bar area is huge with many selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Variety575108Dined on 3/16/2014We enjoyed a wide variety of entrees, lobster, chicken, meat loaf, and seafood pasta. We had a great table right on the lake. Service was excellent and leisurely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service- poor wait staffNativeDined on 3/15/2014We walked out after 15 minutes. They would not honor our reservation for out door seating. The wait staff ignored us. We will never go there again. Also, we will inform our friends not to bother with this restaurant.
- Have been dinning here forGR007Dined on 3/7/2014Have been dinning here for quite some time. Always impressed by the food. Burgers are especially good - the oak wood aroma and the juiciness of the meat (always cooked exactly as I ordered).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good selectionFoodaholicVIPDined on 3/7/2014The menu has a good selection to please most everyone. Their reuben is one of the best, it has corned beef brisket not deli sliced corned beef. The lobster sliders are also very good. The butterscotch bread pudding which was pretty good and enough for two people. Overall a good place to eat at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday lunchluv2eatDined on 3/7/2014Great place to enjoy lunch and sit outdoors on a beautiful day enjoying the ducks swimming by in the large fountain that is in the middle of the shopping center. We enjoyed our lunch. The sweet potato fries were crispy , the lobster roll was delicious, salmon burger was a little on the salty side. Dessert was okay. Would have preferred vanilla ice cream with the chocolate brownie instead of chocolate. Creme brulee tasted just like a creme brulee should taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but surprisingly goodBigEdDined on 3/1/2014This place is pretty pricey which is expected since it's in Blackhawk Plaza, but it does have pretty darn good food. We had the lambshank and the porterhouse steak and both were very tasty and cooked just right. We also had the calamari fries which were very good as well. The biggest surprise was desert. I wasn't expecting much but we ordered the big cookie with ice cream and it was to die for. It was warm and fresh made and disappeared instantly. I'm not even a big desert eater but I'll definitely try their deserts again. Minor cons would be that the place is noisy but the atmosphere is nice. Also had a minor snafu with some lukewarm coffee but our server was very nice and fixed it right away.Special Features:
- Very Nice Evening!LocalDinerDined on 2/28/2014Great service! Our server, Ian, was helpful in our wine & beer selections with our meal. I liked that my glass of wine was poured at the table from the bottle of my selection. Ian was attentive & pleasant throughout the meal. Our dinner was well prepared & hot when served. The only thing disappointing was when we were having a drink at the bar, the chips served were a bit soggy. Otherwise a very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!eastcoastgirlDined on 2/26/2014Enjoyed lunch here...thought the food was very good and our service was great. Thought the ambience was very nice and would definately consider coming back to check out the happy hour menu (2pm to close...love that!) in the bar sometime. Also took note of the nice outdoor dining opportunities for another time. Will definately come back!Special Features:
- Blackhawk Grille Has Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went there for dinner on her birthday, and we were both disappointed. We are not upset at the menu and other changes. Rather, it was the quality of the food that was not up to our past experiences. We both had fish dishes, salmon and tuna. If you want good fish, try the Peasant and the Pear in downtown Danville.
- It was much too noisey toRichaudVIPDined on 2/15/2014It was much too noisey to have a conversation. God was just OK.
- Blackhawk Grille - great choiceJinx0803Dined on 2/15/2014A small gem, in a difficult location. This is our 3 or 4th visit. Nice ambiance summer and winter. With fantastic service. A creative chef offers an interesting variety of appetizers and entrees. What is also appealing is while they are a bit pricey they also have moderately priced plates that are lovely and good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My OpinionSammyDined on 2/15/2014Nice restaurant; really nice server, the food was great. Big place, very very open. No booths or private settings. Overall very good.Special Features:
- MisleadingPerfectDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation for my fiance and I for Valentine's Day. When someone from the restaurant called to confirm our reservation, she said, "And by the way, we are doing a 3-course meal for $60 per person for every reservation". I almost cancelled at that point as I neither one of us eat enough to benefit from a 3-course meal and we definitely would not spend $60/person. Note, that did not include wine or cocktails. We are not budget diners. We are totally willing to pay for a nice dinner. It was at this point, prior to ordering our 3rd course - dessert, that we learned the 3-course meal was not "required". It would have been really nice for someone to share that with us from the beginning.
- Poor service & attention to detailWildElkVIPDined on 2/14/2014Poor service, We were given the wrong entree, had to ask twice for glass of wine ordered, and when bill came we had the wrong entree on our bill ($40). When I told manager what happened he apologized but also kind of laughed it off. I would have expected a small gesture like removing a dessert from the bill or something like a good restaurant would do, but nothing, Not too impressed and won't be returning,Special Features:
- Valentine's Day GemGPMPDined on 2/14/2014Had a great Valentine's Day Dinner at BG. Prix Fixe menu had plenty of options for me an my Gluten Free wife. Food came out very timely and service was very attentive. I had the crab cakes (ok not great), rack of lamb (delicious) cooked perfectly and a great flourless chocolate cake dessert. Wife had house salad, salmon nad chocolatte mousse. Server was veery attentive and catered to my wife's allergy issues intensively. Really high quality. Would go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful pre-Valentines mealLocalVIPDined on 2/13/2014We went on Thursday to avoid the Valentines Day crowd. We were promptly seated. Our server, Bradley was friendly, knowledgeable of the menu and attentive throughout the meal. We had the mahi mahi and salmon, split a salad and dessert. Each dish was very tasty and well prepared. We have eaten at the Grille several times for lunch and dinner and not been disappointed. We enjoy the convenience of the Grille and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Our Valentine dinner outDanvillemomDined on 2/13/2014The night before Valentine's Day was when we chose to have our dinner out. Not as crowed, hopefully more quiet. That decsion was right on. As we walked in we were seated right away. I told them we had a reservation but the host pretty much desmissed me. We started off with the fondue appetizer. The veggies were awesome, nice and hot and full of flavor. The cheese, however, was luke warm, I would have preferred piping hot cheese. We also had the mac-n-cheese which was more noodle with runny cheese. Not impressive. We shared the Porter House steak which I ordered medium and it came out rare. I sent it back and it came back well. Not impressed there either. For dessert we ordered the Creme Brulle and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Time at Blackhawk GrilleKrissiFoodLoveDined on 2/12/2014Been here many times, always love the view and location. Service was good, food was excellent. All around very good. Ordered the pepperoni pizza and the waiter was nice enough to have them hold the chili flakes since I don't like spice. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationRSdineDined on 2/12/2014The service was outstanding. We were celebrating a significant birthday and the wait staff was very attentive, but not overbearing. All of us enjoyed the Grilled Greek Chicken Salad. Would definitely be back for a celebration or an everyday dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies LunchCacsan77VIPDined on 2/12/2014We celebrated a birthday with 10 ladies and had a great lunch with very attentive service from Connor and Scott. Connor kept our water glasses filled and was very attentive and personable. Scott gave us excellent wine, food and dessert recommendations that were spot on! All contributed to an excellent dining experience!
- Great evening at Blackhawk GrillenmarrDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I had not been to the Blackhawk Grille for a very long time. It is such a neighborhood gem that I'm not sure why we hadn't been back in such a long time. We had an excellent experience and the food was delicious. Our waiter was new, so he was a little slower than we would have liked, but he was so friendly that we couldn't fault him. We will be back to the Blackhawk Grille very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new chefADinerVIPDined on 2/8/2014They have redeemed themselves! I have been coming here for many year and after a really bad experience I decided never to return. My husband talked me into to trying it again because it's very close to where we live. I have to say that the food was really great and the service was very good if just a tad bit amateurish with a server who could have been from Chili's and not very used to fine dining. She was nice and tried really hard. The only thing that bothered me was three very young people were at the reception desk and talking in a group and completely ignored our departure. It would have been nice if they would have just said something to us as we departed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service2forever1VIPDined on 2/7/2014The Blackhawk Grille is a great place to dine. There is a great vibe to the restaurant. The bar is a happening place with lots of energy. The menu is diverse and customer friendly (reasonable substitutions can be made). The best part of dining at The Blackhawk Grille is the staff. From the hostesses (smiling and welcoming, no "ice princesses" here like at so many other East Bay restaurants), to the bar staff, to the clearing staff, and, most importantly, the wait staff. We were lucky to be seated in Eddie's area, again. He is a real plus to the place: friendly, helpful, accommodating, and professional. You will enjoying dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experience as we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2014A good experience as we have come to expect. The seating was immediate, the cocktail order and then the appetizer follow-up was timely. The attention level was perfect and food was presented very well. Since the remodel this restaurant is in our top 3 Danville haunts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish n' chips leave adisappointedVIPDined on 2/6/2014The fish n' chips leave a bit to be desired, like crispness. Not terrible, just would never recommend them or order them again.
- Great ambiance and good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014Wonderful setting, peaceful view, great easy-to-please food for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We still marvel at the talentDisappointedVIPDined on 2/2/2014We still marvel at the talent that went into the redo of the Blackhawl Grille. It now has a warm feel to the various interior areas, each with a slightly different character. There is excellent menu variety for any-time-of-day dining. The sliders and chips are some of the best in the area, although the Caesar salad dressing needs some pizzazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third trip not quite a charmRavenVIPDined on 2/1/2014I have been impressed with this place so I was looking forward to my 3rd trip. My GF and I continue to branch out. We still love the meal starts with house made potato chips ... they're consistently great. We ordered the Baby Back Ribs. These are excellent! Not the best ever, but definitely in a top 10 list for sure. The meat literally fell of the bone, they were perfectly cooked ... I love the BBQ sauce ... however, I would prefer a thicker sauce to this more watery sauce they make ... some molasses IMHO would make it perfect. Where the meal fell apart was dessert. Our brownie was destroyed! Burnt to a carbon crisp and it was still served to us! It was replaced with a new one ... that still wasn't great ... but it was taken off the bill.Special Features:
- The staff anted to do a good jobLindaDined on 2/1/2014The waiter was very nice. He just forgot to put the entire order in and by the time wa E received it the dinner was done and eatenSpecial Features:
- Blackhawk GrilleNokiaDined on 2/1/2014The food and service was excellent. Thus was my first time at this restaurant, but it certainly will not be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.