2000 Paradise Drive
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecaprice.com/
- Phone: 4154353400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00- 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Juan Salazar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a full-service catering department that provides event solutions for parties from 12 - 200.
- Private Party Facilities: The Caprice, a long-time favorite for rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, office parties, and birthday and anniversary celebrations. Our level of service and dedication has earned us the highest Yelp rating for fine dining in Marin County.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Steiner 8554196316
- Entertainment: Jeff Castro on Keyboards-- Saturday Evenings.
- Special Events: Our unique location provides the ideal locale for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, office parties, birthdays, etc.
A word from A Caprice
Caprice Restaurant in Tiburon offers the ultimate in classic Euro-American l dining in Marin County. The world renowned Caprice sits on the water with panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, and Angel Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
A Caprice - Best Restaurants in Tiburon ›
A Caprice reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (153)special occasion (132)romantic (118)neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (51)great for brunch (37)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- beautiful place to dinediner13VIPDined on 5/24/2014We really enjoy dining at A Caprice. It is a small restaurant with huge views of San Francisco, Angel Island, and Tiburon. Because it is perched at the water's edge, the water swirls just beneath you. There is a fishing pier right next to the restaurant so it is fun to watch the ongoing activity of the fishermen, and the seals competing for the crabs or fish. The food is good, not outstanding, but good, and the service is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- The Caprice in TiburonGlobaldinerDined on 5/21/2014You don't come here for the food- which is mediocre- but you most definitely come here for the view. Unless you have the misfortune of coming here on a totally fogged out night, the view of The Golden Gate is magnificent. Another plus for those coming from the city, Caprice is a short and stunning walk from the Tiburon Ferry pier.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014Anniversary dinner for my husband and I and we had a lovely table by the window. The asparagus soup was fabulous and the beet salad hit the spot. One of our oysters wasn't to our standards. For dinner we both had lamb chops and they were more medium than medium rare but tasty nonetheless. Caprice is a lovely old time restaurant with great views of the bridge and the city. Good spot for special occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First timeNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 5/20/2014I enjoyed my first time at The Caprise. It was a very nice day on the Marin side and a touch of fog on the City side. My bride started with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and some great bread. Then went share the Boston lettuce salad and then had the linguini with pesto topped with shrimp. the Topper was the two sorbets (peach and strawberry?) with red fruit - strawberries and raspberries. She said her view of Angel Island, the Bay and the City were scrumptious. So big success!Special Features:
- Can't beat the viewWurledGurlDined on 5/18/2014Caprice sits over the edge of the beautiful San Francisco Bay offering a spectacular view from any seat in the restaurant. The service is great along with the great food. Definitely a good choice for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food or View which is better?JohnVIPDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant has a bay view from every table most including a killer view of San Francisco. Have eaten here twice and the food has always been wonderful. Top ingredients cooked to perfection. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good Food & Great ViewJoeDineVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had an excellent meal, as we have always had at this restaurant. Service was great. And the view is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very nice momentStanDined on 5/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner with such an amazing view. We spent a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceRwandaDonDined on 5/11/2014If not for the delicious food, we would come back just for the breath taking views of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Beef Wellington was melt-in-your-mouth perfect. For a busy Mother's Day, the staff did an amazing job...no waiting, and they were very attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerSavoredMomentsDined on 5/11/2014We had a larger group of 9 and the service, the timing of the food for the whole table, the temperature of the food was all great. We enjoyed the time together and the wait staff as well as the bus boys never seamed to be "in the way" of our dinner and conversations. They were very professional. The view is amazing and unequaled. Many people I know have not been to Caprice but I will gladly tell them to give it a try. Thank you for a lovely Mother's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch by the bayMattDined on 5/11/2014Thanks everyone at Caprice, we had a great experience and all the staff went out of their way to make sure that happened!Special Features:
- Great view, good foodThirdDanDined on 5/11/2014We had Mother's Day Brunch here. On a clear day the views are superb. The food, although slow in coming, was good. The wait staff was fairly attentive. I would expect a bit more for $50 a head but I will be back for some other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go on Mothers Day!JWD3VIPDined on 5/11/2014Very slow and food was average. extremely disappointed.
- Twas excellentBart99Dined on 5/11/2014A great mothers day was had. Food was amazing. Mon was thrilled. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayJimboDined on 5/10/2014We celebrated Mother's Day a day early in order to avoid the crowds but found Caprice to be crowded and loud anyway but thoroughly enjoyed the evening anyway. Food was great, view fantastic, drinks good, staff friendly. Service was slow but probably attributable to the crowd. All good we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Our evening at Caprice was wonderful. The service was attentive but not overbearing; warm and caring staff. Food was excellent, with a large variety of menu options, all diners were pleased with selections. Desserts also very nice. The bay views were outstanding, and the live piano music was beautiful. We had a very fun evening watching the sunset by the bay, enjoying the view as sailboats passed by and otters played in the water below. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SettingFrannysBagDined on 5/10/2014Our meal was very good the view was spectacular! Great Service and above average food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewLukieVIPDined on 5/7/2014The food is excellent and the service very good. The view of the bay and Golden Gate Bridge is incomparable. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ViewsMarcusTulliusDined on 5/4/2014The food was well prepared, service was excellent and views were outstanding. Parking is poor so unless you see parking in the immediate vicinity, valet parking is strongly encouraged. Price was consistent with other restaurants providing the same quality food. Some may consider price a bit high but I think you are getting what you pay for plus you get this great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A room with a view & good food, tooJackVIPDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food and view. Has really improved in the last few years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't DisappointSanRafaelResidentDined on 5/2/2014We came here for my wife's birthday, and we weren't disappointed. Good ambience, service and food; spectacular view. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiburon paradise on Paradise Dr.lucky2BhereVIPDined on 4/26/2014Just moved to Tiburon from the peninsula where I had not known about this restaurant. The food is expertly prepared, and I am hard to please. I was especially impressed with the freshness and preparation of the fish and the vegetables. I have been there twice (so far) and loved the scallops and the halibut. The artichoke appetizer melts in your mouth. It comes with aioli and a raw julienne of beets which is an unusual but excellent combination. The bread is hot, fresh, addictive. You simply cannot beat the views from every table. Service is attentive but quiet and out of the way as you would expect for gourmet dining, but the dress code is Tiburon casual. It will be my go to restaurant for impressing guests or a nice local night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gosmomVIPDined on 4/26/2014loved the scallops, petrale, pork...and great sides (potato gratin, asparagus, brussel sprouts). Calamari quite good. Very nice wines by the glass. And a perfect view of GGB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulGail62VIPDined on 4/25/2014This was our third time and we look forward to going back. My husband had the pork tenderloins and could not believe that they served the whole strip, the carrots and string beans were so delicious and fresh. They make a wonderful potatoe pancake but the only think that was missing was the apple sauceSpecial Features:
- AverageMy2senseDined on 4/23/2014The view of SF is spectacular! The seating is a bit tight and the noise level high. The hostess was gracious and warm. I ordered one of the preset 3 course menu items and my partner ordered the lamb shank. A bit to quickly, our waiter appeared with our salads and entrees, slid all the plates onto the table at once and was uninformed as to who got what. My Weinerscnitzel was dry, the breading cracked and sliding off the meat, the braised cabbage was tasty, the potato pancake bland. My partners lamb shank was tender and flavorful, the lemon mash delicious. In summary, the food was good but not spectacular, the plating was uninspired and the service, well, they could take lessons from the waiters at my local diner! We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Scenic View and How!JonnyLikesVIPDined on 4/22/2014This is the place to take your out-of-town friends. The view of the Golden Gate is perfection and the drive through Tiburon delightful. The restaurant is in a classic 50s building and serves great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014I made reservations for our dinner, and requested a table next to the window. My request was granted, and we had a beautiful view of the Golden Gate, fog shrouded that it was! Our waiter, Kevin, was friendly, patient, and prompt. He was knowledgeable about gluten intolerance, and what menu items were gluten free. I will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014The burger that my son had was a bit dry (not juicy at all). But otherwise, the food was very good.Special Features:
- Get-a-way findOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/12/2014This is a wonderfully romantic and friendly restaurant tucked away on the edge of Tiburon. The service and ambiance clearly outshine the food, yet they have done a very nice job in that respect as well. We will definitely return and likely make it our get-a-way from the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View makes up for slow serviceFerrygirlDined on 4/12/2014A Caprice has the most spectacular view in Marin County, perhaps in the whole Bay Area. So it wasn't unpleasant when our food and drink orders took a very long time to arrive. My husband loved this wienerschnitzel but my pork tenderloin was unremarkable. We will return for the view on special occasions and with guests from out of town.Special Features:
- Where's our server?GoldieDined on 4/5/2014We've eaten at Caprice several times now and the food is fabulous, the view of the bay spectacular. Not sure why the Hostess doesn't give more of a 'welcoming' vibe? The last 2 times dining here, our wait staff 'disappeared' after serving the entree, which is not good if you'd like another glass of wine. It's not an inexpensive restaurant, so we'd expect the staff to be a little more attentive to the guests. After all, they are also part of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great ViewDukeVIPDined on 3/30/2014The dining room is small but almost every table has a great view of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Angel Island. The food is expertly prepared and presented. The kitchen is very efficient as there was a minimal wait between courses ordered. The wait staff is efficient and personable. The waiter has been working there for 14 years but is excellent and knows what he is doing. On the Sunday night I was there, he handled the whole dining room with ease and efficiency. One of the nicest dining experiences I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- give it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2014we drive over from sf for the view, nice wine selection and average food. great place to meet friends to quiet conversation. we go couple times per year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Wait ServiceCapndougVIPDined on 3/28/2014As we have always found at A Caprice over the years, the food and ambiance were outstanding. We were very disappointed in the wait service; everything arrived in proper order and without delay, but our waiter was devoid of personality, made no suggestions, and offered nothing following the main course: no coffee, no dessert menu….nothing. My recollection is, he didn't even bring the check; only our change of a dollar and coins from our Living Social coupon, and check from Open Table! That issue not withstanding, it was a most enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMaffDined on 3/27/2014Always a fantastic experience. Staff is attentive without being a bother. Food is perfectly cooked and presented well. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewPenguiniVIPDined on 3/27/2014You can't beat this place for the beautiful view of the SF Bay. Scallops were excellent but the wiener schnitzel was a bit tasteless and dry. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rack of Lamb with a water viewLegalDined on 3/26/2014A Caprice is truly a favorite. This quiet Tiburon gem sits above Raccoon Strait, one of the most beautiful spots in the bay area. The food and ambience are top notch, and for those occasions where a less boisterous atmosphere is desired, this is your place. The excellence of the food and service are "givens," and all one needs to do is show up, settle in, and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNoviaDined on 3/24/2014This is my second time there, everything is as fantastic as my first time, even more the dessert "snooker" cake is the best cake and ice cream I've ever tried. Ambience makes me very comfortable, I love this restaurant, I love everything here! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view; average foodmindmavenVIPDined on 3/24/2014The Caprice (not A Caprice) is situated right on the water in Tiburon with a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge and Angel Island. Food is average to good and more expensive than it should be for the quality. A lovely quiet and romantic setting.Special Features:
- Fantastic view of San Francisco BayPescatarianVIPDined on 3/24/2014Excellent food and great view of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. Service was also excellent. I highly recommend dining here and will return in the future.Special Features: