2000 Paradise Drive
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecaprice.com/
- Phone: 4154353400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00- 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Juan Salazar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a full-service catering department that provides event solutions for parties from 12 - 200.
- Private Party Facilities: The Caprice, a long-time favorite for rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, office parties, and birthday and anniversary celebrations. Our level of service and dedication has earned us the highest Yelp rating for fine dining in Marin County.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Steiner 8554196316
- Entertainment: Jeff Castro on Keyboards-- Saturday Evenings.
- Special Events: Our unique location provides the ideal locale for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, office parties, birthdays, etc.
A word from A Caprice
Caprice Restaurant in Tiburon offers the ultimate in classic Euro-American l dining in Marin County. The world renowned Caprice sits on the water with panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, and Angel Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
A Caprice - Best Restaurants in Tiburon ›
A Caprice reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (151)special occasion (130)romantic (118)neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (49)great for brunch (37)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great as alwaysSharonDined on 6/30/2014It's hard to beat the atmosphere and view at Caprice. The menu is good, the food well-prepared, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Scenic ViewdeisyDined on 6/29/2014The first thing is the view. on a beautiful day you see the sail boats passing by with the golden gate bridge in the background, very romantic and inspiring. The food is delicious, came here for brunch, the shrimp pesto was very tasty and the clam chowder was absolutely incredible. Almost every table was occupied and I understand why, because the food and the view is worth it to spend to some time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfoodieDined on 6/28/2014The food was incredible and the staff was attentive and helpful. It was a clear evening so the views were incredible. All in all, a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant with GG viewTmrbudDined on 6/22/2014What a wonderful experience we had at this restaurant. The staff was quite attentive without being intrusive. The menu was outstanding with plenty of choices for the picky eaters in our crowd. Would go back tomorrow – loved the food and everything about the place. Be careful with parking thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJohnDined on 6/22/2014Great food, try the Kale salad. Beautiful spot and outstanding service.Special Features:
- You'll like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Took the ferry over from S.F. which added to the experience. A lovely place to eat - highly recommend it.Special Features:
- CapriceIgorkaDined on 6/22/2014Nice location,great view,very friendly service.Food have some room for improvement:stake was pretty tasteless,but cooked as ordered,scallops wasn't fresh or did not cooked through.(we had some issues later on). Overall good value with coupon,but would not come without itSpecial Features:
- A Night to RemembergiocDined on 6/21/2014I surprised my girlfriend and took her to The Caprice for our anniversary and my expectations were surpassed! The view, alone, was amazing, but what really sold me was the customer service and their delicious cuisine. I parked a couple blocks away, but after finding the valet, he offered me a closer spot free of charge! The hostess and our waiter, Jeff, were very friendly and set us up with the best seat in the house! For an entree we had the crispy calamari and split the Caesar salad, both were great! I had the filet mignon with green beans and potato gratin for dinner. The filet was cooked to perfection and the gratin was superb! Make sure to try the Chocolate trip for dessert! Awesome dining experience, I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!debbieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Always a treat to eat here! Food, VIEW! service. The food is always good- in a dependable way. A little bit old school, which is a relief sometimes in this area of constantly trying to be ahead of the curve- which can get exhausting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014We are "locals" yet we love to dine at this special gem. Great ambience, food and service.Special Features:
- What a view!mycarguyDined on 6/17/2014Great overall experience. Beet Tower and Petrale Sole were wonderful. Great staff.Special Features:
- FabulousKerryDined on 6/17/2014What a surprise -- we hadn't been to The Caprice for many years! The food was really fantastic, the best we've had in a long time. My filet mignon was to die for! Service was excellent too, sometimes a little slow. And of course the view of the city and Golden Gate bridge were wonderful. We're anxious to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Took out of town friends to A Caprice for brunch - we were late, as their plane was late arriving at SFO. The folks at the restaurant were extremely nice and accommodating about it (we were really too late for brunch). The view was outstanding, and it was fun to watch the people fishing on the little pier next to the restaurant. The food was just OK - not bad, but certainly nothing to write home about. That being said, I would go back if I had other people who had never been to the Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendJosephDined on 6/15/2014I came here for my birthday which also happened to be Father's Day on June 15, 2014. After making reservations on Open Table, we were seated right away and from beginning to end, it was perfect. Amazing scenic views, great service, incredible food. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful VistananwebwareDined on 6/15/2014WE had a wonderful Sunday brunch- the setting is spectacular- sitting by the window overlooking the bay with Angel Island looming gave the feel that we were on the Italian coast. The waiter was very nice and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- SpecialbargaininTiburonDined on 6/14/2014We have been many times. It is expensive; but average for Tiburon. I have kids but it is our (my husband and my) restaurant. So we only go without them. The service and view is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal with a viewVeshDined on 6/12/2014Wait staff was attentive and anticipated our needs. Caprice did not have my favorite beer but waiter suggested a similar local brew and it was comparable to my brand. Food was delicious and cooked to our specifications. The view of the bay was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionLongtimelocalDined on 6/11/2014This beautifully located restaurant, with very good food, is a pricey but elegant place for a special occasion. The setting is magnificent!Special Features:
- Service beyond belief.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014I go every year for my birthday and consider it the highlite of my month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View...food not so good.JohnnyHDined on 6/8/2014Not a bad view in the place...absolutely beautiful! Wait staff was good. Food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Wait staff and even valet were gChrisandjordee1981Dined on 6/8/2014Just an all around great experience. The view, the staff and food were amazing! I can't wait to cOme back hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal with a view...SharonDined on 6/8/2014Absolutely loved this place... we had a seat by a window that opened and could hear the water hitting the rocks outside. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Service & Views!FrauleinDined on 6/8/2014This was our 2nd visit to The Caprice and just as wonderful as the first! Both times have been for Sunday brunch and the food, service and views are fantastic! Whether the Day Boat Scallops, the French Toast or the Corned Beef Hash...all are outstanding! Even the parking valet is amazing...so considerate & helpful! This is a great find!Special Features:
- weezeDined on 6/8/2014overall, a great restaurant. Food was good, service was good with a pleasant waiter . we'll be back with other frinends and family!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marinmotormarinmotorDined on 6/7/2014Frequent diner, always enjoyable, best view, friendly efficient staff, hard to top this place for a romantic dining destination.Special Features:
- Consistently good with a view!MarinDinerDined on 6/7/2014Classic menu, cozy atmosphere and reliably consistent. Waterfront view, quiet - great place to take visitors. Best seating upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic view of San FranciscoJodeeMichelleVIPDined on 6/5/2014I was very pleasantly surprised at the service at this restaurant. The food was delicious but the service was fantastic. The art of service is always one of those things that I admire, being able to silently create an experience of being taken care of without calling too much attention to yourself. Our server was just that. He gave us everything we needed before we even noticed we needed it. It was a quaint restaurant, right over the water over looking the Golden Gate Bridge and the lights of San Francisco. I had the scallops which are quite a difficult dish to do, creamy texture with a seared almost caramelized on the edges. I would definitely dine here again for a romantic evening away from the rush of the city.Special Features:
- SantaRosanDined on 6/2/2014The correct name for this place is 'The Caprice", not A Caprice. Has been a classic for many many years, and never fails to delight.Special Features:
- If you want PERFECT....LuluVIPDined on 6/1/2014just a 5 scenic minute stroll from our hotel in TIburon...was Caprice....a charming restaurant.....cozy..and yet...SPECTACULAR...due to the view....and the food...from the perfect hot crusty doughy bread...butter and or olive oil....to the entrees... the tiger shrimp (jumbo) and pesto linguine was cooked to savory perfection ...and my slamon ..in the most deliciouse sauce with simple purple potatoes and spinach...so tasty....we didn't have room for dessert...but what I saw on another table looked delicious...the waiter was just the right amount of friendly and professional....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me, Myself and IfoodjunkieDined on 6/1/2014all is good, the waiters were very nice and the free valet parking was a bonus!Special Features:
- PerfectCrabbyDined on 5/31/2014Great combo of amazing views of the bay and the bridge with classic cuisine updated for contemporary palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to dinePascalDined on 5/30/2014We went there for our anniversary and it was the perfect choice. A very romantic ambiance with an spectacular view over the Belvedere Cove. And the chef surprised us with a nice Happy Anniversary message on our desert dish! Food was great, as you would expect from a restaurant with a real chef, however between the two dishes that we ordered I would say the Salmon was "amazing" and Halibut was "very good."Special Features:
- Fabulous!2adventureDined on 5/30/2014Delicious food, tasty wine, spectacular Bay views, quiet elegance, candlelight, great waiter; what could be better?Special Features:
- Great placeNikkiDined on 5/24/2014From the welcome to the end of the meal, service was excellent and views unique. Caprice doesn't forget the special discreet attention. I just mentioned we were celebrating our friend 89th birthday. When serving his dessert, the little candle was on top of his apple pie. The food was excellent and staff very professional. The only little thing annoying from time to time was the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful place to dinediner13VIPDined on 5/24/2014We really enjoy dining at A Caprice. It is a small restaurant with huge views of San Francisco, Angel Island, and Tiburon. Because it is perched at the water's edge, the water swirls just beneath you. There is a fishing pier right next to the restaurant so it is fun to watch the ongoing activity of the fishermen, and the seals competing for the crabs or fish. The food is good, not outstanding, but good, and the service is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- The Caprice in TiburonGlobaldinerDined on 5/21/2014You don't come here for the food- which is mediocre- but you most definitely come here for the view. Unless you have the misfortune of coming here on a totally fogged out night, the view of The Golden Gate is magnificent. Another plus for those coming from the city, Caprice is a short and stunning walk from the Tiburon Ferry pier.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014Anniversary dinner for my husband and I and we had a lovely table by the window. The asparagus soup was fabulous and the beet salad hit the spot. One of our oysters wasn't to our standards. For dinner we both had lamb chops and they were more medium than medium rare but tasty nonetheless. Caprice is a lovely old time restaurant with great views of the bridge and the city. Good spot for special occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First timeNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 5/20/2014I enjoyed my first time at The Caprise. It was a very nice day on the Marin side and a touch of fog on the City side. My bride started with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and some great bread. Then went share the Boston lettuce salad and then had the linguini with pesto topped with shrimp. the Topper was the two sorbets (peach and strawberry?) with red fruit - strawberries and raspberries. She said her view of Angel Island, the Bay and the City were scrumptious. So big success!Special Features:
- The following 1097 reviews are from the A Caprice reviews archive.
- Can't beat the viewWurledGurlDined on 5/18/2014Caprice sits over the edge of the beautiful San Francisco Bay offering a spectacular view from any seat in the restaurant. The service is great along with the great food. Definitely a good choice for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food or View which is better?JohnVIPDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant has a bay view from every table most including a killer view of San Francisco. Have eaten here twice and the food has always been wonderful. Top ingredients cooked to perfection. Highly recommend this place.Special Features: