2000 Paradise Drive
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecaprice.com/
- Phone: 4154353400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00- 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Juan Salazar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a full-service catering department that provides event solutions for parties from 12 - 200.
- Private Party Facilities: The Caprice, a long-time favorite for rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, office parties, and birthday and anniversary celebrations. Our level of service and dedication has earned us the highest Yelp rating for fine dining in Marin County.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Steiner 8554196316
- Entertainment: Jeff Castro on Keyboards-- Saturday Evenings.
- Special Events: Our unique location provides the ideal locale for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, office parties, birthdays, etc.
A word from A Caprice
Caprice Restaurant in Tiburon offers the ultimate in classic Euro-American l dining in Marin County. The world renowned Caprice sits on the water with panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, and Angel Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
A Caprice - Best Restaurants in Tiburon ›
A Caprice reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (146)special occasion (125)romantic (111)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (50)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding views with great food!NoC00kingDined on 9/22/2014A Caprice has drop-dead gorgeous views of SF Bay, SF and the Golden Gate Bridge as well as surrounding, hills AND the food was delicious! There were organic heirloom tomatoes from their garden (oh my gosh - amazing!) My grilled scallops were perfect; the sides were just right, and wait! Did I mention the Cosmo? It was the best - not too sweet - wow! The server and the hostess were both very welcoming, pleasant and accommodating. We will certainly be going back, and Monday is prime rib night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just about perfectSantaCruzdinerDined on 9/20/2014Our small party got an out of the way table that had incredible views of the Golden Gate by starlight. Our waiter was totally charming and attentive. My friend's sole almondine was a bit overcooked, but my scallops were perfect, but our crab cakes were tepid and not too crisp. The food came out fast too! Great mojitos, which surprised us and a nice wine selection. All in all, a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Nice but Very Noisy!ValskiDined on 9/20/2014We went for a romantic dinner for 2 to celebrate my husband's B'day before spending it with the family the next night. Easy to get to, even from the East Bay, great that there is Valet parking. Have Reservations! They do not turn tables quickly here and you could be waiting for ages. Service was acceptable but NOT exceptional. My salad and halibut were fabulous. My husband's caesar salad and steak were OK. The sauce that came with his steak tasted like baked bean sauce- get it on the side. View is incredible. Disappointed that even though our reservation noted it was his b'day- there was no acknowledgment of the special occasion while we were there. Definitely and "Old guard Tiburon" staple.Special Features:
- dinner with a view...tsunamiVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great site if you are hiking Angel Island or just taking a ferry trip over from San Francisco. Nice way to see the bay and have a view of the GGate and Bay bridge from one scenic restaurant location. A short walk from the Tiburon ferry landing, a small quaint place overlooking the bay. Diver scallops and salmon were tasty, and the Weinerschnietzl and lamb dishes are nice for meat eaters. Not a huge wine list so bring your own if you want something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2FhFADined on 9/19/2014We loved our table by the window that gave us a magnificent view of San Francisco, Angel Island and all the sailboats on the bay. We were fortunate to be there on a night when after dark, we were still able to clearly see the lights across the bay as there was no fog. The warm bread was fresh and yummy. Our wine was just okay. My husband enjoyed his beet salad, which was colorful and tasty. We both ordered fish, I had the sole which was lightly breaded with a touch of sauce, perfect. The jasmine rice, however was tasteless, to my surprise! My husband had the halibut, which he enjoyed. We shared the trio chocolate dessert which was excellent and way beyond one person's capacity to eat alone. Had a great evening and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely spot for a romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent view, food and service - we will definitely return for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMisterQDined on 9/17/2014Very nice place. Nice view. A lot of yelp reviews about no a/c and communal toilet distract from how there is a nice quality about the uniqueness of this place. My only complaint is parking is very limited and I thought I read a valet would be available just in case. Parked a little ways from a parking lot which looked made for this place and was nervous I was going to be towed. Thankfully not and I was still able to enjoy my dinner. Thanks Caprice for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Our evenng at Caprice exceeded expectations. Very nice menu, good service and the view! Very good location for entertaining clients or friends on a special occassion.Special Features:
- A grand 60th birthdayGidgetDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner with two other couples to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. It was a wonderful location and a Caprice made it the best!!, Our favorite waiter took care of all of us very professionally!, this is the best place to celebrate a very special occasion!,Special Features:
- MakingMemoriesDined on 9/13/2014Very enjoyable, excellent food, and outstanding view. It was just what we were in the mood for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatbargaininTiburonDined on 9/12/2014We eat out a lot with our kids, but this is somewhere that we want to go without them. Tiburon is an expensive place to eat out but the Caprice is worth it. Lovely sea food and amazing views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange ExperienceReggieVIPDined on 9/11/2014We've been exploring new restaurants in Marin for a few months now, and this was our first visit to A Caprice. After our waiter took our order, we never saw him again during the meal. Someone else brought our salads and entrees, and no one ever offered pepper for the salads, asked if our meal was OK, or even filled our water glasses. The waiter was not particularly busy, and we saw him in the dining room, but I finally had to flag him down for our bill. I even asked him "you are our waiter, aren't you?", because I really wasn't certain. He said he was, in fact, our waiter. Something was amiss. Maybe this place is just for the locals, and they don't like strangers? The food was fine, but I honestly can't imagine going back.Special Features:
- LOVED ITYTIGGERDined on 9/8/2014WE HAVE BEEN HERE A NUMBER OF TIMES AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN WORTH THE DRIVE TO TIBURON FOR THE OCEAN VIEW. THE FOOD IS GREAT AS WELL. MY SON HAD A BLAST THERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb for a nice, romantic dinnercustomerDined on 9/5/2014Me and my girlfriend went for dinner, and it was a great experience. The location is great. The only problem might be the distance from downtown San Francisco. But overall we really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We only wish the food were betterJackMichaelsDined on 9/4/2014Caprice is a great spot for a special occasions. The view is outstanding, we had a wonderful table and our waiter was friendly and helpful. My wife and I debated between giving the food two or three stars (she loved the dessert). We decided on two stars, hopefully to send a message to the owners. With better food, Caprice would be one of the most attractive restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- great food...discrimination servicehammer99Dined on 8/30/2014Can't believe I experienced discrimination against not white person in such a place. The bartender and 3 all white guests around the bar made it impossible for me to get a drink in almost 15 mins. They all had drinks had drinks and didn't allow me to get a drink as we were waiting for out table. Every time I try to get the bartenders attention, he would disappear and as he came back, all three guest took up all the counter space available and blocked me from etting to the bar. The bar tender completely ignored me, it was like they were playing a game to keep me from getting a drink before being seated. The food is great and the views are amazing, they only disappointment I have was the experience. And out table was not ready on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We appreciated that when dessert arrived, "Happy Anniversary" was written on the plate. Thank you for mentioning the occasion to the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Caprice graciously found a table for us when we inadvertently arrived booked for the wrong night. Ambience, Serivce, Food were superb. we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service=great, food=ehfoodiegirlDined on 8/27/2014This spot is hard to beat for the view and the ambiance and the service has always been great. Now all that's missing is some stellar food. It's not bad, but it's not any better than what I can make at home and for those prices, I expect more. Nothing on the menu really rocked us and we tried many things. My cocktail tasted more like kool-aid than an 11.00 drink should. Wish I had better things to say, the ocean view is lovely, let's hope the food can catch up. Nothing was bad, just wasn't great.Special Features:
- Always GoodMikeDined on 8/26/2014I have been going to A Caprice for years. I will be back.Special Features:
- I'll be going back...ChefAtLargeDined on 8/25/2014Was it the most prolific experience I have ever had? No. But the food was good enough to make me want to check out the rest of the menu, the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from our table couldn't be beat, and the service was very good. They were super busy from the Living Social coupon they had, and you could tell they were stretched thin for front of the house service, but our server had a good attitude and was great to talk to. I'll be going back. No question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GidgetDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I love coming here for a nice romantic dinner But we also love bringing our out-of-town guests here for a special night of looking at the beautiful scenery out the window while dining. There is nothing like it! We have many favorite dishes here. The lamb, the scallops, and the wonderful trio of chocolate for dessert! On Friday night the view of the sales in action is fun to watch. And on Saturday we love the live piano music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambianceDidediDined on 8/17/2014Great service, beautiful view, and wonderful presentation of foodSpecial Features:
- Only thing better than the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The food! Fourth visit and it never disappoints. Unbelievable view, superb service, great wine list and the food is a delightSpecial Features:
- Excellent2SadnessDined on 8/16/2014Wish to have more food choices. They should serve lunch too. We shall return. I love the live classical piano playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and AmazingcapyDined on 8/15/2014Have been eating at the Caprice for over 30 years and it never fails to amaze. Fine food outstanding views. You can't beat it on the baySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest view - excellent foodNoelNoelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Possibly the best restaurant view in the Bay Area. The food is elegant. The filet mignon was perfection. Salad dressings were subtle and delicious with great blends of flavors. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Running on EmptyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Old boring and overrated. A restauarant with this kind of view ought have spark on that merit alone. This place could cure insomnia.Special Features:
- Perfect for a date.DatenightDined on 8/6/2014The food was amazing. Cooked to perfection and the menu had some great choices. The view is amazing. You can see angel island, the city and Golden Gate Bridge all the way to the marina. It is a romantic setting, perfect to impress a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dinner & Great ViewsJoeDineVIPDined on 8/4/2014Everytime we dine at Caprice, we have had a wonderful dining experience. The views are unbeatable and the service was excellent. We really enjoy every time we eat here.Special Features:
- Not impressedfoodDined on 8/3/2014When I made a reservation for a restaurant in Tiburon that had been around since the 50's and had a great view of the bay, I was expecting something really nice. I was very disappointed! The food was average at best, the waiter was inattentive and the restaurant itself seemed poorly maintained as far as cleanliness. The only thing I will say was that the view of the Bay was gorgeous, so there was that. Other than that, I would never eat there again.
- Delicious and great food!MarthaawhVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautifully situated on the water in a lovely area. Chose this over Sausalito where we usually go when in San Francisco because we're finding the Sausalito waterfront restaurants need some "refreshing". This place filled the bill. Food was wonderful and ambience great. Wasn't much more time to get to beyond Sausalito and was worth it! We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!YTIGGERDined on 7/28/2014THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. ESPECIALLY THE PRIME RIB. OYSTERS ARE FRESH. LOVED THE VIEW OF THE OCEAN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent view of the bay!EnjoyVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is the place to go on a warm sunny day to enjoy good food and beautiful view. Excellent and attentive service. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Special night outdavidVIPDined on 7/18/2014Service attentive & responsive to requests. Lobster crepe was delicately sauced with lobster chunks, enough to share tastes. Filet of sole was fresh and generously portioned. View of the San Francisco Bay-an added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drj1OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Amazing food....and service was outstanding! However....The six of us sat next to a table with very loud "older" patrons for quite sometime but they finally left. Rest of the evening was fantastic!! We've been going to this amazing restaurant for over 30 years...especially for special occasions.....when we are in the Marin area! It's a "must go" for anyone in SF or Marin areas! It's in the beautiful and quaint little town of Tiburon!Special Features:
- KrumbsfromKovVIPDined on 7/14/2014What a wonderful find. We have eaten in Tiburon several times, but because this restaurant is a bit off the downtown rush, we somehow have missed it. Food was excellent, view unbelievable, and service was very good. Artichoke appetizer was splendid while the main courses were perfect. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful viewangelinaDined on 7/14/2014Good value...19.95 prime rib Mondays. Generous portions of beef and pork tenderloin cooked to perfection. Vegetarian entree also available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAPRICE A GEMDinergirlDined on 7/13/2014Splendid views and food is very appetizing. Staff here is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Tasteless and Poorly platedTicklemypalateDined on 7/13/2014Both the Brunch items that consisted of French Toast and an omelet were tasteless and the presentation/plating of each entree was unappealing. The mini mini muffins too were plated poorly and tasteless. The scant amount of fruit ( 2 cubed pieces of pineapple with 4-5 cube pieces of watermelon) did not appear to be fresh nor were they plated in a visually appealing manner.Special Features: