3800 North Ocean Drive
Singer Island, FL 33404Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://3800oceanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 561-340-1795
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 630am - 11am
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3pm
Lunch Daily: 11am - 3pm
Dinner Nightly: 5pm - 10pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm
Friday and Saturday: 11am - 12am
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 5pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Our Collective Kitchen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties of up to 25 people on either our partially secluded low mezzanine, semi private ocean-view patio or our semi-private lounge area. All areas are excellent choices for your intimate occasions. Our dining room is also available for "buy out" events in which we can close our restaurant, lounge, and patio for your private function.
- Private Party Contact: Lisanne Rolfsen-Irwin 561-340-1795
- Entertainment: Live entertainment performances:
Friday on our South Beach style terrace 6pm - 9pm, weather permitted.
Saturday evenings inside the 3800 Lounge 9pm - 12am
You can enjoy a variety of lounge style music, jazz, and live percussion.
At 3800 Ocean, the dining experience provides a feast for the eyes and as well as the palate. But if the seaside view is simply an appetizer, it’s one that will wet the appetite for a truly delightful experience. Choose to dine indoors within a calming space of contemporary elegance, or outdoors on an expansive, covered patio where calming breezes and the soft sounds of the gentle surf provide an inviting and relaxed atmosphere.
- Special Events: 3800 Ocean can easily accommodate parties up to 25 people in our semi private room facility. We also offer group dining in a semi private area overlooking the Ocean. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
- Cross Street: 3800 North Ocean Blvd
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is quick and professional. You will be greeted by uniformed valets ready to assist you in your dining experience. Valet is complementary when dining at 3800 Ocean. Please ask our greeter for validation upon leaving.
A word from 3800 Ocean
We call it the “collective kitchen.” For the menus of 3800 Ocean are inspired not only by the local abundance of South Florida’s renowned crops that thrive under a hospitable climate, but by the regional flavors that stir the souls of our collaborative team of chefs. Each chef brings a new insight to the table: the comfort food favorites of New England; the fire and spice of Mexico; the Caribbean traditions of Jamaica; and the ageless classics of Long Island. Our own local abundance of fresh produce and seafood allows us to take the collective kitchen dining concept quite literally. Everything is made from scratch. Every taste evokes an emotional connection to a past culinary memory, or perhaps a future craving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3800 Ocean reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)romantic (12)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Unexpected delight on Singer IslandFoodTravelerDined on 9/3/2013We found 3800 Ocean through Flavors of Palm Beach. After comparing the restaurants and the menu choices for the Prix Frixe menus, we decided to try it. We're glad we did. The staff was friendly, approachable, and helpful. The food was creative, attractively presented, and served at proper timing- not rushed. The staff was outstanding, adding greatly to this being an enjoyable evening. Flavors of Palm Beach runs through the month of September, so this would be a good time to try at reduced prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2013Could not have found a better place for our Anniversary!Special Features:
- One of our favorite places.ADCOMMDined on 7/14/2013One of our favorite places. The food is excellent and so is the service. The beach view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful VenueBonesDined on 7/6/2013We had a marvelous dining event at 3800 Ocean on the first night of our vacation on Singer Island. This wonderful venue set the stage for a great week at the beautiful Marriott Palm Beach Resort and Spa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/23/2013Fish was overcooked for both of us. Service was quite poor (for example, we had to pour our wine and water ourselves the whole evening). Nice ocean view: that's all.Special Features:
- It was okBradVIPDined on 6/22/2013This is a hotel restaurant. While the service was fantastic the prices did not correlate with the value.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dining experienceRTDCVIPDined on 5/28/2013Enjoyed our dining experience with an ocean view! Food was very unique - the chefs put together a very interesting menu with different, subtle flavors that we really enjoyed. It's a great place to try something new. We had a wonderful, lively server (Gustavo, I think?) who was very attentive. Enjoyed our night very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDylRiahDined on 5/25/2013I am 21 and I brought my girlfriend here for our two year anniversary and it was outstanding. We had very professional and elegant service with a very elegant table setting. We had a great view of the water. The gave us complimentary champagne because they knew it was our anniversary and the food was amazing. We shared the sweet and sour lobster. It was one of the best things I have ever tasted. It is pretty expensive but it is worth it if you are looking for a place to eat for a special occasion. Not your normal drop in for lunch kind of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, uneven serviceoceanloverDined on 5/11/2013Had requested table by window and told it would be no problem but were offered another table. Told we would have to wait for window table which we did. Ordered drinks at bar. Our table became free while waiting for drinks. Bar tender provided wonderful service by personally bringing our drinks to table. Our orders for salad and request for bread taken and server disappeared for a very long time. When she finally reappeared she was surprised we had not gotten any food yet. Our salads did finally arrive, followed a few minutes later by bread. The food was wonderful. We both had scallops and were not disappointed. Overall, hostess needed further training, bar service wonderful, server fair, but food, view, and atmosphere fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service exceptional.FiberboyVIPDined on 5/10/2013Food and service exceptional. As requested had a birthday plated dessert for my daughter; but should have comped dessert as had been done in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/7/2013First time at 3800 Ocean. It will not be our last! Every detail was marvelous. We eat at many fine restaurants in the Palm Beach area and this may become our new favorite. We enjoyed the expertly prepared gourmet meal. The pastry chef gets accolades too. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was overpriced.had a few largeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/5/2013Was overpriced.had a few large tables took away from the ambiance.lamb chopps were small portion and extremely salty.dissapointing experience.
- Great experience for our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Great experience for our first anniversary. Thanks!Special Features:
- Beautiful ambiance and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Beautiful ambiance and great food!! Friends said the lobster bisque was the best they ever had and they're from NYCSpecial Features:
- Not much varietyMeadowgoldDined on 4/7/2013The food is tasteful but there is a remarkably small variety for the Sunday Brunch. Carmen's at the Top of the Bridge in Boca Raton is a more fulfilling choice if you are looking for a brunch in Palm Beach County.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service &OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2013Excellent food, service & view. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Wonderful Easter brunch. Exceeded our high Marriott expectations.Special Features:
- Beautiful view from our table.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Beautiful view from our table. Amazing Sunday brunch. Service was super! Would definitely have brunch here again.... Unlimited shrimp cocktail, lump crab cocktail, ceviche, smoked salmon, beef and turkey carving station, omelet and waffle station, cereals, salads, pastas, breads, and absolutely amazing desserts!!! Would recommend the french toast with bananas and nutella as a must.... One additional note: all you can drink bloody mary's, mimosas, etc. for only an extra $14 p/person :)Special Features:
- Good location on Singer IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/20/2013Good location on Singer Island with an Ocean View. Simple, contemporary atmosphere. Food was well prepared and service was excellant. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- This is a hotel restaurantMeganDined on 3/17/2013This is a hotel restaurant and the kitchen is very exposed to the dining room making the big room echo with kitchen noise. Our staff was helpful, but the food just did not meet our expectations. The room is so big and it lacks any kind of warmth. This place feels too institutional to be a good choice for local diners. If you are staying at the hotel it is fine. But as local part-time residents, we would not go there again.
- Pleasantly surprised. UsuallyLindaDined on 3/9/2013Pleasantly surprised. Usually hotel restaurants are just ok. This was an upscale restaurant with excellent food and drinks. As in most upscale restaurants, the portions were conservative.Special Features:
- Great seafood & ocean-side settingDaveTDined on 3/6/2013My girlfriend and I celebrated her birthday over dinner at 3800 ocean. The food was very good. Mary had the Caribbean "Blaff" which included local snapper, shrimp, calamari, clams and island vegetables in a scotch bonnet broth and I had the scallops - both were wonderful. Our waiter took note of the fact that it was Mary's birthday and was very generous with the wine "pours" and brought a nice birthday dessert on the house. 3800 Ocean is in nice setting rigth by the beach.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedFoodsnobVIPDined on 3/1/2013Excellent cuisine. What I most like about this restaurant is that they have 5 chefs from different backgrounds and training which makes the menu exciting and different. Everything is cooked to perfection, and the desserts are to die from. They also have a chefs table, which can't wait to book. I defiantly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- On the beach at Singer Island.JohnHVIPDined on 2/26/2013On the beach at Singer Island. Nice location and service.Special Features:
- Absolutely the BEST!KramDined on 2/25/2013My wife and I were celebrating our wedding day with a quiet romantic dinner. The restuarant and staff pulled out all the stops to make our special occasion memorable and unforgettable. Five stars all the way around...Special Features:
- Beautiful place, great food!JasenGDined on 2/14/2013Great food with a local seafood twist. Ambiance and decor made for a very enjoyable dinner. Service was a little slow, but it was also Valentines night (may have been a factor). Would def go back again.Special Features:
- Diverse menu, excellent food,AngelVIPDined on 2/9/2013Diverse menu, excellent food, attention to detail, attentive service, and beautiful view of the ocean. Highly recommend, especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- Very nice as always. The reductionrstiniVIPDined on 2/6/2013Very nice as always. The reduction from 5 star to 4 star is based only on the fact that they removed the excellent shrimp and grits appetizer from the menu for some unknown reason. A way above average hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- First time with the seasonalDininmd18VIPDined on 2/2/2013First time with the seasonal menu...delicious...staff very attentive!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service. Food presentatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Excellent service. Food presentation was excellent.Special Features:
- One of our favorite vacation spotssuburbaniteVIPDined on 1/20/2013This is the Marriott Singer Island hotel restaurant, but the standards are way above average for Marriott. In fact, if staff didn't wear Marriott name tags, you'd likely for get you were in a hotel, except for the fact many families dine here with small children. Couples can find a romantic corner and should not be discouraged however. Food preparation is contemporary and solidly executed in a bustling open kitchen. Wine list is ample and cocktails well made. The restaurant is one of the features that keeps us coming back to hotel year after year.Special Features:
- Experience was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/27/2012Experience was great, but I still felt like I was in a hotel restaurant. The buffet set-up for breakfast was left in place which ruined the ambience we were looking for.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/19/2012We made reservations here for my mom's birthday and were SO satisfied. The menu was very different and it was really interesting to see several chefs all working there at the same time. They just re-did the menu about a week ago and added new options. I got a fish called Cobia, which I had never heard of before and it was delicious (similar to Mahi). I also got a crab cake for appetizer and it was excellent. My table got the spare ribs, a lobster/seafood pasta, and beef tenderloin, which were all amazing. They had a special dessert made for my mom and a candle for us to sing to her as well. I would definitely return here next time in West Palm. Service/staff was also great!Special Features:
- New menu. Great ideas. fineMichaelVIPDined on 12/9/2012New menu. Great ideas. fine dining. Wait staff is friendly but all but waiters seem inexperienced.Special Features:
- Excellent presentation ofddrrDined on 12/3/2012Excellent presentation of food and the menu is fresh. The high ceilings and shared space with the bar makes it noisy. Service was superior.Special Features:
- Food was phenomenal. If weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012Food was phenomenal. If we are ever in the area again we would definitely return.Special Features:
- Another one for the non-repeat listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012The quality of the food was disappointing; except for the deserts, the food choices and preparation were too ordinary, not very creative; the view was excellent, but we did not go there for it. Service was great, and the place in general was very comfortable; however, for the price we were expecting a better quality meal.Special Features:
- I dined at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2012I dined at this restaurant while in Palm Beach on a mini vacation. This was a rare romantic outing with my wife without our little one. We were very happy. The service was courteous, the seafood was fresh and delicious. The atmosphere was perfect with a beautiful ocean view.Special Features:
- Simply amazing. DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2012Simply amazing. Delicious food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- We loved3800 Ocean so muchSLR1VIPDined on 11/10/2012We loved3800 Ocean so much we returned for a second time during our vacation. The service was spectacular and the food was amazing. A fabulous experience!Special Features: