150 W San Juan
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamarmotte.com/
- Phone: 9707286232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: - Service starting at 6pm, Closed Wednesdays until December 13, 2007
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Reggiannini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is also available, seating parties up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mairen Reagan 9707286232
- Special Events: Serving Thanksgiving Dinner 2pm -7pm. Special New Years Eve 2008 Menu and Seatings
A word from La Marmotte
Mark Reggiannini is a former sous chef for Jean Georges Vonrichten, and has a philosophy regarding food - simplicity. His rustic bistro cooking focuses on the use of local fine ingredients, prepared using French techniques. Private dining room and buyout options available. La Marmotte menu changes nightly depending on what is in season and fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Marmotte - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
La Marmotte reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)special occasion (20)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (8)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- I had an absolutely wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2009I had an absolutely wonderful experience. This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The ambience in this little gem is almost magical - very warm and cozy. The menu is varied and the hardest part was deciding what to get. Everything I tasted was fantastic. The waiter was very helpful and the service in general was professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Don't miss the awesome lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2009Don't miss the awesome lunch in the summer season on the outdoor patio with live music, new cafe menu served in the bar is a nice alternative. Dinner @ La Marmotte is consistently first class from the start to finish, food to wine ..you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant near theSugarkateDined on 9/29/2009Charming restaurant near the gondola in Telluride.Special Features:
- A wonderful meal. The chefOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2009A wonderful meal. The chef accommodated my vegetarian request with superb food!Special Features:
- Dinner was great, and fairlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2009Dinner was great, and fairly well priced (they are using a pre-fix menu). It had some interesting combinations, and was taking full advantage of the season to produce fall-themed dishes. However, some of the dishes tended to incorporate the same general build-up - for instance, both of our dishes were garnished with an almost identical corn and greens, hers with chicken, mine with scallops. But overall, i was pleased with the food, the wine was good, and the service was great. Very attentive staff. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009The staff was very friendly and the food good. The set price was wery reasonable and the wine pairing excellent. The food was OK. My sole was rather tasteless and mushey and my wifes veal smothered with an abundance of sauce. The first course was great and the deserts a great finish.Special Features:
- I was quite pleased with theBobbieMacDined on 8/29/2009I was quite pleased with the whole experience at La Marmotte. It's a great room with loads of ambience and the food was great. With the $35 prix fixe meal, it was affordable as well.Special Features:
- Delicious - has maintainedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2009Delicious - has maintained its standards over many years. Portions perfectly sized. Really reasonable price at $35 for three-course prix-fixe.Special Features:
- The food was marginal at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2009The food was marginal at best. We were basically ignored by the wait staff and even though there were only 5 of us, gratuity was added. The menu clearly states that gratuity will be added with a group of 6 or more. I could not even let my feelings be known by leaving a 10% tip instead of the 20% added.
- Great meal in a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2009Great meal in a wonderful atmosphere. Service was excellent. Would visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very cool place for peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2009Very cool place for people who like to go to that restaurant a little bit off the beaten path. It has a cozy atmosphere with a unique menu. I would definitely go back if I visit Telluride again. I had the veal wrapped in prosciutto which was a little salty and the flavor a little dull. With that being said, I am a spoiled foodie who loves sauces with rich and vibrant flavors. However, the salad was fantastic and the desert was amazing! My boyfriend had the lamb which was really good and I would highly recommend it. The lemon cheesecake was the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Great outdoor setting. ManyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2009Great outdoor setting. Many of our dishes tasted over salted and they arrived to us lukewarm...not hot, and the restaurant was not busy that evening. Oysters were great! Nothing else stood out though...pretty mediocre.Special Features:
- leg of lamb dish was toughOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/2/2009leg of lamb dish was tough and not very flavorful. prix fix meal is an excellent valueSpecial Features:
- The food is always great here,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2009The food is always great here, especially steak. Very fresh oysters as well.Special Features:
- Overall was a very nice meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2009Overall was a very nice meal. The Atlantic coast Cod was very good. The service was great. My wife ate the swordfish and was somewhat tuff.Special Features:
- Intimate atmosphere; veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2009Intimate atmosphere; very good service; enjoyed the wine; food: good to very good
- Some of the best food in Telluride.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2009Some of the best food in Telluride. Outstanding wine list, BUT cheapest house wine is $44 /btl, or $49 off the regular wine list. I don't mind spending plenty on wine, but a restaurant should cater to all budgets. Come on, can't find a nice $15 bottle to mark up to $35? Just my personal beef. Anyway, my dinner was fantastic with a five dollar Anchor Steam.
- As usual, the food, service,KathiRDined on 3/13/2009As usual, the food, service, & ambiance were outstanding. Would like to see more moderate priced wines on their wine list.Special Features:
- Everything we had was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/10/2009Everything we had was outstanding, including the wine. A wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- For years we have enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2009For years we have enjoyed this restaurant but our latest experience was very disappointing. My wife's and my entree was very average except that it was way over salted. The new menu seemed very unimaginative and the wine list is overpriced. Our service was fine and the atmosphere is very nice but the entrees on this visit ruined our dining experience. Even though we mentioned our disappointment to our server, our comments were passed over and nothing more was said. I don't think we'll be returning any time too soon.
- Good classic bistro food.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/24/2009Good classic bistro food. We always enjoy La Marmotte.Special Features:
- This was our 3rd or 4th visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2009This was our 3rd or 4th visit. My husband and I really enjoyed our food and wine. My 9 year old son was with us and we asked for a small portion of plain chicken and mac & cheese. It was $28, just for my son. That seems outrageous!
- Should have at least a fewfrancophileVIPDined on 2/21/2009Should have at least a few reasonable bottles of wine. Even the half bottles are too high in price. Also, a glass of pinot at $15 is too high. We would have enjoyed the evening more with a bottle of wine, instead of a glass!
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2009This was our second time at La Marmotte and we were disappointed. Our waiter was indifferent and aloof. The service was slow. The lamb I ordered was not prepared as requested.
- Love the onion soup! AlsoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009Love the onion soup! Also has prefix menu if you please. Short ribs were great. Great spot for romantic dinner. Best restaurant in TellurideSpecial Features:
- i hanger steak with truffleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/11/2009i hanger steak with truffle fries. NOT GOOD at all. Steak was dry with a little roquefort and the sauce was bland. my fries had some white stuff on it which I suppose was truffle??? tasteless. my friend had roasted chicken which was also dry and not at all delicious. the only highlight was my roasted beet salad with relly good fried goatcheese wontons. All and all definitely not a destination dining place which was expected but did not deliver to the high expectations.
- NEVER AGAIN! La Marmotte wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2009NEVER AGAIN! La Marmotte was very disappointing. We were four adults arriving at 6:00 P.M. for dinner. The quality of the food was horrible, and the presentation even worst. Since we each ordered differently I would say we had an accurate sampling of the menu. There is no excuse for any restaurant to serve such slop...WATERY and BLAND. Soup was so thickened that a spoon could stand alone in it. Service was good, but that does not make up for bad food.
- The food was great-fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2009The food was great-fondue was overpriced, but very good. The beef tender I had was nice. I appreciated the waiter suggesting a cheaper wine when I told him what I was wanting in taste....this is sometimes rare.Special Features:
- Best beef tenderloin in Telluride.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/19/2009Best beef tenderloin in Telluride. One of the best meals we had there.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Great optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/17/2009Excellent food! Great options on wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Service was pretty slow -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2009Service was pretty slow - took a while for drinks and wine to get to our table. My companions both raved about their meals beef tenderloin and Coq a vin. Salads are pretty small compared to the servings on the oother 1st courses. My vegetarian entree was not very wonderul. Needs work. The wine list changed and seeems to get VERY expensive VERY fast. They used to have such wonderful and affordable wines, now they start at $60 and quickly jump to the $100 and $200 range. They should offer more wines in the Affordable range - they're out there and they're good!
- We've tried several timesDi25VIPDined on 1/1/2009We've tried several times as the food is good but service is always poor and it is always very chilly in the restaurant.
- I brought my children hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2008I brought my children here for Christmas Eve & the food & service were outstanding! My 11 year old ordered the Coq au Vin and almost licked her plate clean. The rest of us felt the same way about our entrees and the dessert was to die for, we ordered the crumble and the fried bananas and they were heaven. If I lived locally I would be eating at this restaurant at least once a month, despite the economy. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:
- The ambiance was rustic andpak54VIPDined on 12/22/2008The ambiance was rustic and appealing however the restaurant didn't advertise that its menu was price fixed. You could order ala carte but there were no prices for the individual entrees. The waiter indicated that it would cost more by ordering ala carte but the cost for the individual entrees were never disclosed. This restaurant's menu was not child friendly, the staff was accommodating and yet not as well versed on the preparation of the individual entrees. The onion soup, prepared creamy and pureed was really delicious yet the remaining dishes left a lot to be desired. Nice atmosphere, average food and inflated prices.Special Features:
- Roasted beet salad was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/18/2008Roasted beet salad was excellent. Duck with leeks was salty and sauce a bit soupy. Creme brulee was average.Special Features:
- We really like this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2008We really like this restaurant but they are not very accommodating to children. We eat out at high end restaurants frequently and other restaurants do a better job at being kid friendly.Special Features:
- First of all, the food isJimPDined on 9/11/2008First of all, the food is outstanding! The service is very prompt, professional, and non-intrusive. They are known for their own version of the Sidecar cocktail, which is delicious. Telluride is known for it's laid-back lifestyle, so the patrons dress likewise but La Marmotte's staff are dressed impeccably.Special Features:
- Savory . . . we hit La MarmotteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2008Savory . . . we hit La Marmotte at least twice on each 4 night trip to Telluride we make. Food Pairings are always tight and service is quick and responsive to our neurotic tendencies . . . all the while very down to earth as well.Special Features:
- the prix-fixe menu is theOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/27/2008the prix-fixe menu is the best bargain in Telluride. Consistent quality over the years.Special Features:
- This is one of the best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2008This is one of the best dining experiences in Telluride. Only problem is it's loud if you are trying to talk.Special Features: