150 W San Juan
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamarmotte.com/
- Phone: 9707286232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: - Service starting at 6pm, Closed Wednesdays until December 13, 2007
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Reggiannini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is also available, seating parties up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mairen Reagan 9707286232
- Special Events: Serving Thanksgiving Dinner 2pm -7pm. Special New Years Eve 2008 Menu and Seatings
A word from La Marmotte
Mark Reggiannini is a former sous chef for Jean Georges Vonrichten, and has a philosophy regarding food - simplicity. His rustic bistro cooking focuses on the use of local fine ingredients, prepared using French techniques. Private dining room and buyout options available. La Marmotte menu changes nightly depending on what is in season and fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Marmotte - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
La Marmotte reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)special occasion (20)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (8)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- One of the best in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013I live here part time so see all the restaurants regularly, and along with 221 Oak, Cosmopoliton, and Rev (in Mountain Village) La Marmottes is always one of the best - and the best value of the four. Year-in, year-out and every day La Marmotte delivers excellent food with friendly service in a great old building. They have a clever 3 course pricing option that really is a value - even for people like me who skip the dessert. The cuisine theme is French, and they do it well. Nice outdoor patio - better for lunch or cocktails while the sun is still up. Excellent wine list too - fairly priced. I strongly recommend La Marmotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbSuzanneDined on 6/10/2013I cannot count the number of times I've dined at La Marmotte. It is elegant, yet not too dressy, the food is consistently wonderful and the service is impeccable. The menu is based on the French culinary tradition and the local, organic ingredients are used whenever possible. There are many fine choices in Telluride, but La Marmotte remains my family's go-to restaurant for special occasions or impromptu evenings at the bar with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well, as a trained chef. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2013Well, as a trained chef. The food I received was just okay. I had Redfish? I would have to question that. The flavor and texture was not what I was expecting. My wife had the steak which was wonderfully prepared. The service was GREAT! It was just a little loud at the time we were thereSpecial Features:
- Charming Ambience and Service.ScragglewartVIPDined on 3/22/2013Repeat visit for dinner at this cozy restaurant. Ambience is terrific, especially on a snowy evening. Service was also very good. Food was good, but not quite as extraordinary as we remembered it being last time. Our party ordered beet salads and salmon taco appetizers. Both were tasty, although not memorable. Those of us having the short rib main course raved about them, but those having salmon main course were not overly impressed. I'd heard the chef was a sous chef for Jean George, so we also ordered the molten chocolate cake. It was ok, but have had better at many other restaurants. So, all in all, I would say this place is still well worth a visit. I'd just advise you to remember you are in the mountains and order accordinglySpecial Features:
- Great service, very great foodMarionDined on 3/21/2013Service was great. The food was very good. If you're checking the online menu before arriving to the restaurant, note that the dishes listed on the online menu are slightly different and it is a 3-course prixfixe but items can be ordered ala carte upon request. We checked the online menu before heading to the restaurant and discovered it was different - the two dishes I was interested in were not on the restaurant's menu. My dining partner ordered the lamb shanks which were served over a lima bean combination with a sauce. The meal was good, but he felt it would have been fabulous over mashed potatoes. I had the coq au vin and it was delicious. The creme brulee dessert was amazing!
- Friendly, Savory, Foodie HeavencvillejurDined on 3/19/2013In Telluride for my partner's 40th birthday with a small group of girls and found this gem of a restaurant. The food was absolutely amazing - more per course than any of us could eat which seems unusual for French, but there was no compromise on quality and presentation. We tried the lamb shanks, the chicken coq au vin, the NY strip, and duck. I can highly recommend the following 1st courses - scallops (might have been a special), foie gras, rabbit tourine, and the french onion soup was out of this world. We ordered a moderately priced wine (around 80 bucks) and it was delicious - a Spanish red blend, my current favorite. The third courses were overwhelming but light and fresh. We closed the place down with one other birthday party.Special Features:
- Several persons at my tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013Several persons at my table had dietary restrictions. The server knew the menu and ingredients and was able to direct everyone to the menu items that worked within their dietary restrictions. The chef also made some small changes to accommodate dietary needs. Everyone loved their food and a grand time was had by all.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gem.ScottWVIPDined on 3/17/2013The food was beautiful and delicious. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Five Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Still the best restaurant in Telluride. Mark is the Charlie Trotter (sigh) of the mountains when it comes to food quality, creativity and presentation. From the elderflower cocktails to dessert, everything was superb. Service was excellent. My only caveat would be the noise level. When we arrived at 7:30, it was a nice buzz. By the time we ordered dessert, it was just plain loud. I guess that's what you get with wood cabin walls.Special Features:
- La Marmotte is a must whendam411Dined on 3/12/2013La Marmotte is a must when visiting Telluride. We had a group of ten and were seated upstairs. Groups can be difficult and ours travels, drinks, and eats together a lot. Service was slow at first but the restaurant added an assistant and everything was splendid from that point on. In the several years that we have been eating and drinking at La Marmotte, there has not been a single complaint about the food. Sure, the "devil is in the details" but we have had so many dishes with complete satisfaction one would be pressed to review them all. This trip the Prixfixe Menu included Tender Braised Beef Short Ribs which were incredible. Another at the table had the Coq au Vin and gave it high complements.Special Features:
- Overall the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/10/2013Overall the restaurant was billed as one of the best in town, and we were not disappointed. The small bar area was a great place to have drinks before or after dinner. Menu was great, service to match.Special Features:
- We were finally able to makeHappyBrunchgoerDined on 2/26/2013We were finally able to make it to La Marmotte, after years of coming to Telluride, and we're so glad we did. For a resort town, the service is on par with some of the best I've ever had. The experience was amazing from start to finish. We'll be back.Special Features:
- When we're in Telluride, aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/25/2013When we're in Telluride, a meal at La Marmotte is a must! Extraordinary food, outstanding service, reasonable prices (for Telluride), great atmosphere. Really can't ask for more.Special Features:
- Lovely meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013We enjoyed another lovely meal at La Marmotte- the food was delicious, always consistent- the service was a little lackluster, but still fine. It seemed as though our server was having an off night. He served us before and he was great, so no issue for us. We will return, as we have for the last 15 years. Don't even think of skipping dessert!!!Special Features:
- Great food and service asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013Great food and service as always. This is our "go to" place when we want to have a special evening.
- We were on a father/daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013We were on a father/daughter ski trip with four dads and four 12 year old daughters. They treated us like royalty. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. I am some what of a foie gras connoisseur and I thought their foie gras was outstanding. One of the other dads said it was the best thing he had ever put in his mouth. We couldn't have asked for a better dinning experience to share with our daughters on this trip. Thanks La Marmotte!Special Features:
- Excellent Meal - Late Valentine DayRLReasonsVIPDined on 2/16/2013Good menu choice. Quality of food significantly improved from the last time I was there (off-season / more limited. I had the foie gras, followed by lamb - both cooked perfectly and presented well. The Prix Fixe concept is nice and reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of food. All around a great dinner and evening. Will definately return soon.Special Features:
- not fit fot vegetarians thenorthshoregalVIPDined on 2/15/2013not fit fot vegetarians the plate that i received was a colorless and flavorless conglomeration of sides - rice, potatoes au gratin, turnip puree - which i felt compelled to send back. the wait staff was quite accommodating and my companions meal was well received.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013We had an excellent meal here and were very impressed overall. The one flaw was the somewhat disorganized service at the entrance/bar.Special Features:
- This was a great find. ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2013This was a great find. Exceptional service throughout the meal without being all over you. We had the lamb shank and short ribs ($5 supplement)entre which were both melt in your mouth dishes. For an appetizer we had the fresh Virginia oysters on the half shell. Now I'm an oyster eater and I can testify they were the best I have ever had. Although the fixed menu was $54 each the bill, including an excellent Rhone wine and tax/tip, was $216 for two - but it was worth it. The only con was it was a little noisy, only fourteen tables but rather close.
- Go for the Foi Gras only.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/5/2013Way too expensive for the type of food offered. Roast and chicken for $185, please! If I go back it will only be for the excellent Foi Gras appetizer.Special Features:
- Lovely experience overall.CheriemDined on 1/29/2013Lovely experience overall. A warm cozy spot with great food on a snowy night!Special Features:
- loved the food- very cleanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013loved the food- very clean but interesting flavor combinations, great staff, can't wait to go back. I love to cook and just loved the unique menu that I couldn't do at home.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant with The SheridansOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013Best Restaurant with The Sheridans Steak House in Town, no way that You can lose the oppurtiniyy to visit the se 2 .
- We have been going here yearOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/26/2012We have been going here year after year, food remains outstanding but desserts and wines are not what they used to be, now they are only fair. For the first winter in 10 years in 2013 we will try something else.Special Features:
- We've had some good meals,Wineluv3VIPDined on 12/25/2012We've had some good meals, over the years, at La Marmotte and some bordering on mediocre. This year we made a Christmas Day reservation and were glad we did; the experience was outstanding! Not only was the service good, and the staff friendly, but we actually felt as if someone cared about our experience! The food was excellent; the best meal we've ever had at this restaurant! The house bourbon Manhattan was a hit and we ordered a very nice bottle of French wine from the "Library Collection". Days later we're still talking about the wonderful meal we had, on Christmas Day, at La Marmotte! Very enjoyable indeed!!!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2012Great restaurant, with excellent food, wine and service. The French onion soup is the best I've ever had and the creme brulee is excellent. We dined the night before they closed for vacation, and all was still great, though not everything was available. I would recommend this to visitors and locals alike.Special Features:
- My husband's comment as weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012My husband's comment as we were finishing dinner was that the waiter was always there when we needed him without being pestering. The food was delicious and thoughtful, but not at all pretentious.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012La Marmotte was a great treat! The food was great, the portions were generous and the desert menu was creative! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. It was an enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant! GourmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2012Fantastic Restaurant! Gourment food,fantastic serivce, very romantice!Would recommend to anyone!!Special Features:
- Great food with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012Great food with excellent flavor combinations! We enjoyed the unique use of spices... they worked well together.Special Features:
- Took a friend there for hisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Took a friend there for his birthday. All three of us agreed that it was too expensive for so so food. Lamb was too rare, salmon was a little overcooked. Otherwise the company was great!
- Comfortable, cozy boîte withJury2Dined on 9/30/2012Comfortable, cozy boîte with well trained staff and great food at a reasonable price. Very creative three course prix fixe menu with numerous fantastic choices.Special Features:
- What a historical place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012What a historical place to have a restaurant. Our waiter was well trained in the menu The quail and scallop appetizers were cooked just right and nicely flavored. Was disappointed in the pork belly. It was more like a pork loin the way it was cooked. Crispy on the outside is a much better choice for pork belly. The short ribs were nice and the gruyere, arugula and olive chicken was our favorite! The mahi-mahi was a disappointment. It lacked flavor. The creme brulee was good and the chocolate cake was excellent! Did not like the apple crepe. The apples lacked flavor, crepe was not a crepe, but shell and the thin caramel sauce did not taste like caramel. Charming place with fun art work. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere! PriceySpecial Features:
- Wonderful restaurant in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012Wonderful restaurant in Telluride with a great ambiance and food! They bring in a lot of great local food, which is awesome!Special Features:
- Consistent cuisine, but needsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012Consistent cuisine, but needs a menu update.Great use of local growers.Staff is fabulous. Great old Ice House setting.Special Features:
- Food was only fair. DisappointingscuubadiveDined on 9/4/2012Food was only fair. Disappointing considering how expensive the menu items were. We told the waitress that we were disappointed in the entree items and nothing was taken off the bill. Would not return to this place and spend the money for not so great food.Special Features:
- Great food great service whatLulusDined on 9/3/2012Great food great service what more can you ask for.Special Features:
- We were 15 minutes late forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012We were 15 minutes late for a 5:30 reservation ... told they could not seat us because the table was re-booked for 7:00 (bad practice, since dinner here will take well over 1.5 hr). Options - sit in bar or on patio furniture outside. We sat outside (not good) finishing at 8:30 while several tables indoors remained empty throughout. We live here, so it's a shame, but we're never going back.
- I hate to rate a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2012I hate to rate a restaurant on a first visit if the experience has been less than favorable, however, the couple of issues lead me to believe the restaurant is more about numbers than interest in the customer. On Thursday I phoned the restaurant, on the recommendation of local, friends for a Saturday reservation and received no response. I then checked Open Table and booked. The evening had its issues - very busy and service was slow and disjointed. One of the entrees at our table was not acceptable. When mentioning it to the server, no attempt was made to resolve the issue. I emailed the restaurant to share the two experiences above. Again, no return response. I would expect more from an establishment of this advertised cal