122 East 27th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.itrulli.com/
- Phone: 2124817372
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sat 5:00pm - 10:00pm, and Sun 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicola Marzovilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We celebrate all your special days and celebrations including: Weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Communions,etc. Please contact Merrie Nell Spence, our event coordinator, for booking email@example.com.
- Special Events: Call for a details and reservations at 212.481.7372.
A word from I Trulli
Opened in 1994, Nicola Marzovilla's warm and welcoming restaurant has been a favorite for more than 18 years for those in search of hearty, delicious Italian specialties. Its celebrated menu draws on the regional cuisine of the Marzovillas' homeland, Puglia. Nicola's mother, Dora, prepares hand-rolled fresh pastas daily. The restaurant is famed for its all-Italian wine list (expertly selected by Marzovilla), and the adjoining Enoteca offers lighter food and by-the-glass choices as well as a nightly happy hour from 3-8pm. I Trulli is a popular destination all-year round: diners can sit by the glow of the main room's rustic fireplace in winter, while in the warmer months are treated to the lush splendor of one of Manhattan's finest outdoor garden spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
I Trulli reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (89)neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (63)romantic (62)notable wine list (60)special occasion (57)good for groups (43)great for lunch (22)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Don't Come for Restaurant WeekDiner123Dined on 3/4/2014Il Trulli is a charming spot, comfortable and moderately sedate. My mistake was to order from the Restaurant Week menu. The food seemed to have been largely prepared in advance and, though not bad, was not particularly worth eating. I say this sadness because it is a place I very much wished to like. I have no doubt they are capable of much better--as at their prices they should be. That said, I doubt I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Food at I TrulliOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/4/2014I've never been disappointed by the food at I Trulli and my recent lunch is an excellent example. The "Frito Misto" appetizer of fried calamari, cuttlefish and zucchini with a tomato dipping sauce was excellent. So too, was the sage-flavored Sardinian dumplings, also with tomato sauce was superb. I Trulli is a wonderful place to eat!Special Features:
- From PugliaTizLozVIPDined on 2/28/2014I've been there with my hubby and both of us come from Puglia so we can confirm you the food is really tasty and "pugliese"! Enjoy the orecchiette which are handmade!!!Special Features:
- Always a good meal and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2014Always a good meal and good service. Don't feel rushed to finish the meal so someone else can take your table; lots of time to enjoy the food and drink and the company at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IN THE HOOD AND PRETTY GOOD..DEB1VIPDined on 2/28/2014Comfortable ambiance whether you choose to sit near the fireplace or in the protected garden... The kitchen is consistent, well prepared Italian fare you will enjoy with their nice selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceChiaraDined on 2/28/2014Came here with a friend the other day for lunch during Restaurant Week. The food was absolutely delicious and extremely filling. I enjoyed a really smooth glass of Barbera. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was fine, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Restaurant was fine, nice room and ambiance, but got a bit noisy. Nice staff at front and serving. Food was good, not outstanding or as good as I remembered from previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian RestaurantWeekenderVIPDined on 2/23/2014We had reserved a table for two during Restaurant Week. We had for appetizer polpo (octopus) which was very nicely done. For entree we had an exquisite Chatham cod. The wine list is one of the largest I have seen (maybe because the restaurant has an enoteca on the side). It is the size of a 100 pages book. It has great wine selection though a few less than $45/bottle. We chose a red Bacco Primitivo which was good ad reasonably priced. The Torta de Cioccolato dessert was deliziosa. The atmosphere was nice The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalalondonVIPDined on 2/22/2014Fine dining at it's best. The service was impeccable. Food excellent. A different presentation of burrata really stood out. The ravioli with pistachio sauce was excellent. Staff was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service bad food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014We had very good service , unfortunately thee of the four dishes were bad. Two us us did not eat our dinner, the third ate only some. We can not recommend this dinning establishment.
- Not what I expected for dinner.WriterCooksGreekDined on 2/21/2014Not what I expected for dinner. The food was not as refined as I thought it would be and the ambiance not too great. They sat us in a covered porch so we felt like we were not in the restaurant proper. The inside had a fireplace and walls decorated with wine bottle and pottery that might have made the experience nicer. The food was nothing to write home about, nothing exciting or particularly memorable. Would not go again. The wines were good and the waiter was knowledgeable and made good recommendations.
- Awesome Italian DinnerTiffanyDined on 2/21/2014I did a four course tasting menu and everything was really good!! The pastas are delectible, handmade, and truly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedItalyTravelersDined on 2/19/2014We've enjoyed I Trulli over the years for it's authenticity, delicious food and un-hyped atmosphere.. The Restaurant Week menu appeared well planned but in our case was a disappointment. Corners were clearly cut . Our 2 PM reservation may have been the end of lunch for the kitchen and it showed. I thought Restaurant Week was a chance for places to "show their stuff" and attract more future business. Every place is entitled to an "off" day. I just never imagined it from I Trulli.Special Features:
- - Ravioli per Olivia - basicallyPropriusDined on 2/19/2014- Ravioli per Olivia - basically cheese ravioli with pesto sauce. It was very delicious. 4.5 STARS - Bucatini All'Amatriciana - it was my first time having such thick spaghetti. It was also a bit bouncy/chewy - like it was fresh made. Just a tad bit salty but still very good 4STARS - Moscato d'asti - I can probably drink a whole bottle of this stuff! - Service was prompt and spot on. - Panzeratti Duo are calzones One of them had cheese and tomatoes and the other one had anchovies and olives. I preferred the cheese and tomato. 3.5 STARS - Tiramisu was wonderful however they layered the top with too much cocoa powder. Almost coughed on the powder. 3.5 STARS - The 2 person seats that are beside the walls are a little uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is great, Italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014It is great, Italian food. A bit on the expensive side, two glasses of wine, two entrees and an app will run for around 150. But well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am not a big fan of italian foodexcellentexperienceVIPDined on 2/15/2014Itrulli could be one of my 2 favorite italian restaurants i would always say yes to. Food and service were spot on. They have a wide range if wines from very affordable to omg. I look forward to my next time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always marvelous Italian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2014Always marvelous Italian cuisine from an unusual menuSpecial Features:
- Valentine's Day MassacreValentinesDayDined on 2/14/2014I had the unfortunate experience of going to this restaurant on Valentine's Day. They had a special menu for Valentine's.Day: a four course meal for $78. You could not order the off the menu. For $78 a person I expect enough food so I won't be hungry after the meal. For example, one of my courses was ravioli. My plate had 5 ravioli's. It was a complete waste of money. Maybe if I had gone there on a regular night, I would have had a different experience. I would urge everyone to stay away from this restaurant when they have these special events.
- Loved it!Fab512chickDined on 2/12/2014A NYC friend recommended I Trulli to me, after I asked for the best place for a great Italian meal in the city. And he was right. I decided to sit at the bar and was welcomed there from the moment I sat down. The bar staff (Ali and Sam) had the best personalities and attitudes that I'm still raving about them to anyone that will listen. And the food. Delish!!!! This is definitely a place to go with a group of people or by yourself (which I was, as I was traveling on business) and soak up the people, atmosphere, wine and food. Hands down one of my favorite and memorable meals in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old favoritemarjalagoVIPDined on 2/7/2014Day or evening I Trulli is a delightful place for excellent Abruzzi food there is an outstanding wine list a lovely fireplace in wintrer and a charming garden in summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchbusinessluncherDined on 1/29/2014Made 12:15 PM reservations for lunch with a client. We were seated right away at a nice table, by the fireplace. The service was painfully slow. Once we were seated, we weren't even given menus for 15 minutes. The waiters were friendly but we waited a long time between their visits. When the food came, it was just OK.
- Like homeDaveVIPDined on 1/25/2014Classic Italian but with some intersting twists...very comforting atmosphere....highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cutecestmoi26VIPDined on 1/17/2014Great place, excellent service and great authentic Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Relatively calm at 11am (perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/16/2014Relatively calm at 11am (perfect for a business brunch) but too loud by noon. Food is just fine. Surprisingly well edited wine selections, including dessert wines.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in theAmandaDined on 1/2/2014One of my favorites in the city. Food is always good.Great atmosphere. Desserts are amazing.Special Features:
- dinner with my family forPhilDined on 12/31/2013dinner with my family for the new year eve. our dinner was amazing .
- I Trulli serves terrific pastas,NicknameVIPDined on 12/31/2013I Trulli serves terrific pastas, delicious appetizers, and less special entrees. It also has an extensive selection of well-known and less familiar Italian wines, with first-rate advice about selection from a knowledgeable staff if you need it. If all the food were at the level of I Trulli's glorious pastas, it would rate as one of NYC's best ristorantes. Stick with an appetizer and a pasta -- along with an interesting wine -- and you'll have a splendid meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoriteRickDined on 12/28/2013My wife started dining at itrulli before we were married and have continued to enjoy itrulli year after year for the past 19 years. The food is consistently very good, and the fire place gives a special feeling to the room. The wine list offers O so many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta!singingypsyDined on 12/27/2013Every time, noodles down, the homemade pasta is exquisite. This visit, really enjoyed homemade squid ink pasta with tiny, tender morsels of octopus. I thought it was perfect. Rabbit ragu and Sardinian dumplings are MUST HAVES. Had the monk fish special and it was well prepared - spinach slightly salty for my palate. Try to sit near the fireplace .. inner dining room. Service is always gracious and fine. Great for dining before or after The Jazz Standard (right next door!) - an alternative to chomping on ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast of Seven FishesNk1234Dined on 12/24/2013Ate here on Christmas Eve where the pre fixed dinner was wonderful with lots of choices. Service was spotty, perhaps because the restaurant was packed.lots of happy people-doubles like us and entire families-who all seemed to be enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best YetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013This the fifth Christmas evening meal I have had at I Trulli. This year's was by far the best with the swordfish and the veal chop main courses being absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/24/2013We went on Christmas Eve for their Feast of the 7 Fishes. Each course was flavorless and almost inedible. Our server didn't understand the menu and barely spoke English. Worst $150 we ever spent! Granted, it was a holiday so their normal staff was probably off that night. But I definitely won't go back again to find out if that's the reason!!
- Our group of seven had theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/20/2013Our group of seven had the Feast of the Seven Fishes which was excellent. Our table was very comfortable. The service was excellent. The food was also excellent. Our group chose most of the items. We were all very satisfied. I had the cod (Merluzzo) which was excellent. The description for this course did not mention spinach, which I am allergic to after my stroke, and there was plenty of that which I did not eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eventAlabamaDined on 12/17/2013Service was flawless, food had unique touches and wine list was extensive. It is not cheapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you know and wish for PuglieseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2013If you know and wish for Pugliese food, this is the place! Great wine list...Special Features:
- Amazing Italian GemMegsanVIPDined on 12/11/2013We heard about this restaurant from the best thing I ever ate and had to try it knowing that we love pasta so much! Popular restaurant with amazing food, we loved the orecchiette. Service, food and experience was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SALTOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/10/2013If you love salt and can't get enough of it, please visit this restaurant. The sauces are very salty. The sald dressing is salty. The sides are loaded with salt. And the entrees have a generous amount of salt.
- Disappointed old FanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2013I've been going to i Trulli for years and always loved the fresh made pasta and the service. But it's not what it used to be. The menu has ben marginalized, the service has declined ands you just don't feel like this is a special place anymore. I've recommended it for many years and everyone I sent was impressed but the menu has changed, the freshly made pastas seem to have taken a back seat and the waiters seem uninterested and inattentive. I can't recommend it any longer and lets face it Manhattan has no lack of alternatives.
- Don't miss it.FrankRoseannDined on 12/9/2013I Trulli is a long time neighborhood gem but since it's not on an avenue you may not easily notice it. Take the walk on East 27th Street and discover this fine family-owned Italian restaurant. The service from coat check to servers is friendly and personal, and it is clear that fresh ingredients are used and prepared with imagination and care in the kitchen. We'll be returning and you shouldn't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/7/2013The restaurant was overall excellent, but a bit tight and overly busy. The wait are buzzing all, yet our waiter never paid attention to us. The wine list has very few affordable choices.I would recommend this to a friend.