220 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tavern17restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157901799
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am Dining Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch Saturday - Sunday - Holidays: 7:00am - 3:00pm; Dining Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday - Holidays: 3:00pm - 11:00pm. Outside seating hours may differ. Reservations are not accepted for outside seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tavern 17 will cater to your office for breakfast or all day dining up until 8pm for up to 50 people at a time. Please inquire at 215-790-7755 for details, pricing and menu selections.
- Private Party Facilities: Tavern 17 provides a fresh alternative venue for that special event or celebration you are planning. It is the perfect atmosphere for graduations, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, birthday and anniversary dinners and networking events. Tavern 17 is avialable for Private Luncheons.
- Private Party Contact: Patty Burch 0000000000
A word from Tavern 17
There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern." -Samuel Johnson Throughout time, taverns have been synonymous with Philadelphia. They were the social hub of the neighborhood; a place for men and women from all walks of life to meet, eat, drink, toast, sing & argue. The concept is timeless, the story inspiring, the room inviting, the people irresistible.... Welcome to Tavern 17. This stunning restaurant and bar in the Rittenhouse Square district of the city offers an innovative menu. From 5pm - 7pm Monday through Friday and 9pm - 11pm Sunday is Happy "17:00" Hour featuring $2 off ALL Draft Beers, $5 House Wine and Appetizers for every kind of taste bud. There is a wine centric beverage menu featuring over 45 glasses of white or red wines. Two private dining rooms, outside dining and a great brew menu complement the restaurant well. No reservations for outside seating accept.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- HORRIBLE SERVICE. Food wasDinerVIPDined on 11/3/2007HORRIBLE SERVICE. Food was poor quality and cold. Again, HORRIBLE SERVICE. Rude server. Our orders of espresso were interesting, one was 1/3 full the other was 1/2 full. Ultimately had bill comp'ed but wish I had my time back!
- More a typical hotel hauntOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/8/2007More a typical hotel haunt than a restaurant. Not quite what we had thought it would be. Good place to go after work with co-workers.Special Features:
- Fun place for dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2007Fun place for dinner with your girlfriends. Good apps to share.Special Features: