Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando
9101 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4073634801
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jairo Mejia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Universal Blvd.
- Public Transit: The I-Drive Trolley conveniently stops at multiple stations along the International Drive Corridor. Lynx public transportation also has frequent stops along International Drive.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking on the south end of Pointe Orlando on International Drive, beginning at 11:00 AM. There is additional parking available in the Pointe Orlando parking garage, located on the north end of the mall, at the corner of Samoan Court and International Drive.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (92)romantic (86)good for groups (59)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (22)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- The Oceanaire Restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2009The Oceanaire Restaurant was very attentive to my husband's birthday and the details of our food requests. Everyone was very accommodating and enthuastic to our needs. Professionalism, courtesy and charm was very visible.Special Features:
- This is a favorite specialOrlandoLocalDined on 1/22/2009This is a favorite special occasion restaurant. Although it is in the convention/tourist corridor, for locals it is worth the drive from suburban Orlando. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- The Oceanaire is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2009The Oceanaire is a great restaurant! We went there to celebrate my girlfirend's 25th birthday. As we walked in we were greeted by the host, the manager, and every server we passed walking to our table. Our server Richard was outstanding! First, when he came to introduce himself he had a birthday card for my girlfriend from the restaurant. He knew the menu like the back of his hand and even made suggestions on a wine my girlfriend loved! We were very well taken care of. The food was amazing and the Baked Alaska they brought out for her birthday desert was awesome. Very classy place, we will definitley dine there again.Special Features:
- From the moment you walk inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2009From the moment you walk in the atmosphere grabs you. It is like a trip back in time when servers were attentive and the times were elegant. At no time during the meal did we want for anything. The food was delivered in a timely manner and was at the appropriate temperature. Drink were kept full and crumbs brushed away. I almost felt like a VIP.Special Features:
- The Oceannaire staff was SOOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/3/2009The Oceannaire staff was SO attentive. It was my and my mother's birthday- they made us feel so special! They wrote "happy birthday" on the top of our menus, and even had the staff sign a card for each of us! After an absolutely delectable meal, they treated us to a serving of baked Alaska- my parents said it was the best they'd ever had! My dad, who considers himself a lobster bisque connosiur, called the Lobster bisque the second best he'd ever tasted- that's a high award! Thanks so much, Oceannaire! Melinda (and Eileen)Special Features:
- Champagne was served perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2009Champagne was served perfectly chilled & bubbly each and every time! Phenomenal selection of choices of seafood. "Hash Browns" (w/ bacon & tabasco) were best I've ever had! Great selection of crudeties upon seating. On the other hand the broiled lobster was a touch dry, the goat cheese salad had unnecessary ingredients on top. Service could have been a bit better, he was nice but unskilled. "water girl" stayed a little long talking to my host (even if he did egg her on) and when she returned w/ a folded up piece of paper, I had to quip if it was her number?! This was a restaurant that w/ a few touch ups could go from good to great. We need them here in Orlando--go the extra mile and don't give up!Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/30/2008The overall experience was excellent. Service was delightful; all dishes and courses were exquisitely prepared. It's a shame they don't have one in Los Angeles!Special Features:
- I was very disappointed inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2008I was very disappointed in the dining experience. The price did not match the quality of the food. The seafood appetizer tray was completely inadaquate for the price charged and I was not impressed by the presentation. My friends and I have dined at many up-scale Orlando restaurants and this has been out first failure. Good luck with the convention trade as the locals will not return.
- The Oceanaire was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/23/2008The Oceanaire was absolutely dead on the holiday night that we visited. I think because they had so little to do, the service was suffocating rather than attentive. Admittedly, I was out with a group of dear friends who hadn't seen each other in a number of years, so we were a little rambunctious. That said, we felt like we were in the library and were in constant danger of being shushed. The food was average, the expense was high and the wait staff was haughty. All in all, not the Oceanaire's best showing.
- Friendly, helpful staff. FoodmmmmVIPDined on 12/20/2008Friendly, helpful staff. Food descriptions and buzz gave great expectations; food was okay but nothing outstanding. Holiday music was loudly distracting.
- The best seafood in Orlando.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/17/2008The best seafood in Orlando. Dory, you have a great place!Special Features:
- Friend are allways askingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2008Friend are allways asking me for a good restaurant. Oceanaire will be at the top of my list! Thank You!Special Features:
- One of the best in Orlando.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/10/2008One of the best in Orlando. Truly enjoyed. Great great food and excellent wine and martinis. The swordfish was moist and tasty and the mussels were plumb. We are picky and this was SUPERB!! The only thing for improvement is how quick the server brought the cocktails...it was a long wait but everything else was top notchSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/10/2008The food was excellent and the service was pretty good, but either over attentive or not attentive enough. It was also very loud and I could barely hear the conversation at my own table. However, I would highly recommend the restaurant because of the food.Special Features:
- Outstanding seafood, as excellentEagleEyeVIPDined on 12/4/2008Outstanding seafood, as excellent as the other Oceanaires I have tried (D.C. and Boston). Wonderful crabcakes.Special Features:
- You will rarely have a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2008You will rarely have a better experience than Oceanaire! Food is fresh, the chef is innovative, the wine list is extensive and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- It was a wonderful overallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2008It was a wonderful overall experience. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food and service are outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was the best food we ate in Orlando, and we ate at some very high profile restaurants.Special Features:
- My first visit to and Oceanaire.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2008My first visit to and Oceanaire. The appetizer we ordered was Shrimp & Grits and I wasn't particularly impressed with it, but the Seafood Chowder was delicious and the Black & Bleu entree was wonderful. Desserts are great but monstrously huge! We will definitely be back to try some other things.Special Features:
- Oceanaire is awesome. it'sdbg123Dined on 11/18/2008Oceanaire is awesome. it's what McCormick and Schmicks wants to be with even better seafoodSpecial Features:
- Best seafood restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008Best seafood restaurant in Orlando. A little pricey--designed more for conventioneers on expense accounts than in-town diners. Great selection of very fresh fish expertly prepared. Love the 50s retro style. Wines are excellent, but again a little expensive. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- just when I was beginningGourmet2goDined on 11/11/2008just when I was beginning to think that American's never demand quality I now have to admit that Oceanaire is in that small group of restaurants which go right to the essence of fine dining: superb cooking, superb ingredients, and superb service. Worth at least one Michelin star, maybe two. Bravo!Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2008Everything was wonderful we really enjoyed ourselfs. My wife really did not like the salmon, but they took it back, everything else was wonderful.
- What a great menu and service!!MargeVIPDined on 11/9/2008What a great menu and service!! Will go there again!Special Features:
- I dined outside and the noisetheatreguyVIPDined on 11/8/2008I dined outside and the noise level was quiet; I'm not sure what the inside level is. Four waiters couldn't do enough to be gracious and helpful during dinner; the manager also greeted me upon arrival and thanked me for dining there after dinner. I'd like to see descriptions and prices on the specialty cocktails; I ordered the Oceanaire, which I wasn't wild about, and it was $11.25. very flavorful shrimp gumbo (although I wish it had more shrimp) also very good acorn squash and very fresh Florida snapper - mild and grilled One of the waiters said, "The Key lime pie is incredible." It is delicious and the HUGEST serving I've ever see in a restaurant.Special Features:
- The food actually ranged fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2008The food actually ranged from outstanding to very mediocre. The appetizers were wonderful (Crab Cake, Shrimp with Grits, Calamari) but the entrees were bland and lacked seasoning (Polenta w/ Scallops and Stuffed Flounder) and we did not care for the "sweet" green beans. Sometimes chefs can get a little too fancy with such an item as green beans and no need to do so when yo have some great items on menu. Simplicity with such an item can be best and it would save time and money in your kitchen. Service was slow but the server did not appear to be that way at other tables around us. It was odd. I mentioned to one of the managers that it was my wife's birthday and he stated they would do the Baked Alaska at our table but it never happenedSpecial Features:
- Best Crabcakes in Orlando...andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/7/2008Best Crabcakes in Orlando...and I used to live in Maryland, so I know crab.
- This was our second time toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2008This was our second time to dine at Oceanaire. Everything about the evening was OUTSTANDING -excellent service (friendly and attentive); delectable food; and, a complimentary dessert (Baked Alaska) fantastic! We have recommended Oceanire to many friends and I'm sure they will soon visit the restaurant. Thank you for your attention to details and the VERY friendly and efficient staff. Kathryn & Wayne Hovermale Sarasota, FL.
- Lovely concept, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2008Lovely concept, good food, interesting preparations. I came to Oceanaire alone in Orlando alone after a very long week of work. I felt pampered and left quite content. Love the atmosphere, the recommendations and the presentation. The Baked Alaska was a wonderful end... though enough for four people to enjoy. The flaming at tableside was so fun... and the servers were just terrific.Special Features:
- This was good although I likeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2008This was good although I like the Oceanaire in San Diego better. The restuarant was quieter and the seafood platter was much nicer. Overall, the staff was great here though.Special Features:
- After eating there FridayBms1Dined on 10/24/2008After eating there Friday night we went back Sunday night with a larger group. Both dinners were outstanding. Some of the best seafood we have ever had. Everything single dish was perfectly cooked and served hot or cold as needed. The blackened halibut served oscar style was out of this world.Special Features:
- Food was ok..out of 5 dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/23/2008Food was ok..out of 5 dinners 2 were over cooked. Over priced for what we got.
- My husband and I have eatenliketoeat2VIPDined on 10/20/2008My husband and I have eaten at multiple locations of Oceanaire. This is the first Oceanaire we have dined at that was very busy, extremely loud, and the service was fair. We will not return to this location.Special Features:
- Excellent fish, very fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008Excellent fish, very fresh. Perhaps a little under seasoned. Appetizer sampler was terrific, very fresh,nicely chilled. Restaurant was crowded and noisy, but in a booth conversation was possible without too much trouble. All in all a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious food,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008Great service, delicious food, perfect atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was great, personal touchesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2008Food was great, personal touches made it a night to remember.Special Features:
- Absolutely top notch! ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2008Absolutely top notch! Elegant atmosphere. Best seafood I've had while in Florida. Service team very attentive and efficient. Valet parking and car waiting on curb at departure.Special Features:
- Wow ! This place is Special,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008Wow ! This place is Special, the food is really good, and the deserts are fantastic. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Very friendly staff. NiceRetired1VIPDined on 9/26/2008Very friendly staff. Nice size portions for the price. A great variety of fresh seafood.Special Features:
- We had an excellent dinner.MikeDined on 9/26/2008We had an excellent dinner. A first time visitor. The jumbo crab meat cocktail was great and enough to share, as were the sides. The crab cake dinner was as good as I've had, no filler.Special Features:
- I love the Oceanaire for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2008I love the Oceanaire for their very fresh seafood. I have only been disappointed with a couple dishes (black & blue sword fish that was only a half inch thick and overdone per the Chef's recommendation; a whole pompano that could've been bait to catch a real fish). The oysters are wonderful and you can't go wrong with the salt and vinegar fries. Also, when the waiter messed up on one of the orders...we got free Baked Alaska!Special Features: