Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando
9101 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4073634801
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jairo Mejia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Universal Blvd.
- Public Transit: The I-Drive Trolley conveniently stops at multiple stations along the International Drive Corridor. Lynx public transportation also has frequent stops along International Drive.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking on the south end of Pointe Orlando on International Drive, beginning at 11:00 AM. There is additional parking available in the Pointe Orlando parking garage, located on the north end of the mall, at the corner of Samoan Court and International Drive.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (74)romantic (72)notable wine list (44)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Pleasant SurprisetttmDined on 5/23/2014We have dined at the I drive Capitol Grill next door many times and decided to try the OceanAire. Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceSpecial Features:
- The following 1310 reviews are from the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Orlando reviews archive.
- overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014Food was great- the salmon was "best we've ever had." However, it was hard to hear each other becuase it was so noisy. Need some tapestries or something to soak up some of the noise!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014worst service, worst waiter, noisy, you don't feel you as guest. Service was busy for new table arrangements.
- Greet food but Beware!ChicagoFoodieDined on 5/15/2014Went with a group and had a great time - the meal was wonderful....but beware. Our waitress asked if we would like her to put a sampler platter together of their appetizers, to which we agreed. There were 7 of us, and when the bill arrived we found that she had brought us $300 of appetizers. We felt she took advantage, which spoiled a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific SeafoodLionloverDined on 5/3/2014We were in Orlando for a week, dined here the first night and enjoyed it so much that we went back again. Excellent seafood.Special Features:
- best seafood aroundjbauman0921Dined on 5/2/2014I have been twice, and both times have been amazing! The food is incredible, and the service is excellent. The oyster bar is unique and definitely worth trying. I have had seafood both times while my wife had surf and turf. Her steak was up to par with any other fine dining experience. Love this place, and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just OKpfgordonDined on 4/25/2014The food was just OK- The grilled fish selection are plain and fishy tasting. Watch out for bones in your fish. The clam chowder was good. The bar drinks are good but you need to specify what brand you want or they will ring up what they choose. For the money I would go somewhere else.
- Supperb Fish DishesBendiksDined on 4/25/2014The waiter was outstanding, helping us with questions about what bars to visit after diner. The food was some of the best fish I have had in any seafood restaurant. Go there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little dry from perfect.OegrDined on 4/25/2014Everything was perfect, except for the dry chilean seabass. Third time this happens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- International Drive GemMegODined on 4/24/2014I took clients from South America there for dinner. Definitely an impressive experience. They servers were beyond patient with the translation issues. They made excellent wine and food recommendations. Perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best scallops ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Fresh, perfectly prepared, accompaniment of choice rather than one size fits all. Delicious!
- Birthday DinnerSky21Dined on 4/21/2014OSR serves the highest quality foods, perfectly prepared, and with attentive , unobtrusive service. It is the perfect place for a celebration dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & good foodAteseDined on 4/20/2014Excellent food, Great ambience, ideal for a quiet dining. I want to thank especially to Scott, for offering us an excellent service. I'll recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014Had a great brunch! Staff made it a wonderful day.Special Features:
- Okay but not worth the money.AnnetteVIPDined on 4/18/2014Was excited about trying this restaurant. The escargot, the bread and the clam chowder was very good. The black grouper was tasteless. The cobia was fishy which is unusual for that fish. The white anchovy salad was disappointing. The ambience is very cold and white. While this restaurant was not bad, it wasn't good enough for the $200+ bill that my husband and I paid. We eat at expensive fine dining establishments often so it is not the money...it was what we got for the money. Would not go back. Don't waste your time. Go to OceanPrime. Better service, better ambience, and better food. Same prices.
- lilpiggy99Dined on 4/16/2014Anne was wonderful to work with, the bartender suggested a fabulous bottle of wine, we ended up with two. Great dining experience and enjoyed the evening with good friends. Will recommend to everyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricegdegenDined on 4/15/2014We were not impressed with the the food or service. For an upscale restaurant, the service was not acceptable. The staff appears to want to be anywhere but working. The food was equally unimpressive. Everything overseasoned. I must have had 6 glasses of water to try and clench my thirst. Bottom line: this is a tourist restaurant. You won't find any locals here.
- Great for special occasion.CoilyEatsHealthyDined on 4/15/2014This place was pricey, but it was our 24th wedding anniversary, so a good place to splurge. They made it special by customizing the menu with our names and a Happy Anniversary announcement, and gave us a free appetizer and dessert. Nice ambience. I would go back for special occasion only, because like I said, it's pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better servicethltpaDined on 4/12/2014This was our first visit to Oceanaire. The food was fresh and excellent. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Black n Blue SwordfishBatmanDined on 4/11/2014It is just simply the best seafood i have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/11/2014The appetizers were delicious but my redfish a little overcooked. The service was very nice but a little slow to get drinks, but I think it was not his fault but maybe that of the bar. The ambiance is nice and not too loud so we could actually have a conversation.
- Birthday surprise!LuvsfoodDined on 4/8/2014We had a fantastic waiter that was very knowledgeable about the menu and all of its choices. The food was delicious, order the shrimp and grits mmmmmmmm. I let the staff know it was my wife's birthday when I made the reservation. She was greated with smiles and happy birthdays along with a custom printed menu wishing her a special day and a birthday card signed by the staff. Thank you for making her feel like the princess I know she is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept; poor executionLGE123Dined on 4/5/2014We had been looking forward to dining at this restaurant, and there were some things we really enjoyed. The tables are nicely spaced, the noise level is very low, and the décor is modern and spare. The fresh seafood selection was wonderful, and the simple preparation (seared) was excellent. But a good piece of fish is not enough to overcome truly awful service and indifferent accompaniments. The lump crab appetizer was tasteless; the chef's preparations (melted leeks, mushroom risotto) were ordinary; and the caramel cake was mostly a huge, heavy chocolate brownie. The soup was delivered 10 minutes after the main course--and only after I asked what happened to it--and the salad never showed at all. For that price, we expected much more.Special Features:
- Great seafoodWyoming13Dined on 4/4/2014Very fresh seafood, also offers steak for turf lovers. Unfortunately there are no surf and turf options. The king Crab is a must, I have never had better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No steakWallySDined on 4/4/2014I wouldn't get the steak at Oceanaire. I ordered medium, it came well and over salted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for late night dinnertotaltouristDined on 4/3/2014We booked our reservation and were a bit late, which was no problem when we arrived. We brought our 6 year old daughter along and I would not recommend for dining with children. My husband ordered ribeye and I ordered the scallops. They were both delicious and I would highly recommend the side of green beans. Wine list was good also. I give it a thumb's up.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014They had the best food and service I have ever recieved. The waiter was very personable and they stand behind the food they put out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives Up to It's 5 star rating!DorisysDined on 3/29/2014The exceptional service and finest ingredients, definitely contributed to this restaurant's 5 star rating. Our server Rachid provided us with an amazing experience without being overbearing. He was very well versed in the wine selection, of which they have a very good variety, as well as the menu. He provided us with a pleasant and informative conversation throughout the dinner. The ambiance was very elegant, contemporary, yet cozy. The menu had a fantastic variety of creative seafood dishes, as well as a few options for those who do not care for seafood. The menu changes daily based on their freshest catches and they do allow for customization of menu items based on your request. Although pricey, it's well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant experienceMargoDined on 3/28/2014The menu is nicely varied even for steak lovers but I would have like to see a few more pasta/seafood combinations. I had shrimp stuffed with crab meat but I found more breading than crab meat in the stuffing. The shrimp were a good size and a generous portion. The side of pasta that is offered with the shrimp was extremely small but they allow you to order any pasta sauce. I chose garlic and oil which was delicious. My dining partner ordered Trigger fish and was very happy with the portion and flavor. Sides are enough for sharing We chose to visit there on a Friday during Lent because of the meat abstinence rule. We found out there was bacon in many of the menu items like the chowder. Fortunately our server made us aware of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodLvfishDined on 3/25/2014It was a great experience , we were seated without waiting, and the booth was comfortable,clean and ready. Mike gave us a good explanation of the dishes ....we were not visited several times which is very annoying in other restaurants ...food came prompt, warm and tasty. We really like the dinner experience overall and The Oceanaire will be in our list of favorites places to eat....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Lover's ParadiseDavidBDined on 3/21/2014I Took my girlfriend to Orlando for a weekend getaway at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando. I did an "Fine Dining Seafood Orlando" web search and Oceanaire was one of the choices that came up. I'd never dined at Oceanaire before, so I thought I'd give it a try. I had their Sea Scallops and my girlfriend had the Fijian Big Eye Tuna. Both were absolutely delicious. The Clam Chowder was among the best I've ever had. The atmosphere is not quite as elegant as a Ruth's Chris, Ocean Prime or Eddie V's, but the presentation and service are on par with any fine dining restaurant I've ever visited. The next time I'm in Orlando I will definitely dine at this restaurant again. I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant; Well done!MelbourneFLDined on 3/21/2014We live an hour from Orlando, and visit Oceanaire 2-3 times a year. Food is consistent, always outstanding. We're never disappointed. Seafood entrees $30-35, consistent with other high-end restaurants. You get what you pay for. Seafood is flown in FRESH each day. Generous portions. Side dishes meant to be shared. Warm, crusty sourdough bread is to die for. Located in high traffic area of shops/dining so be sure to use the FREE valet parking service out front. Oceanaire has a nice little outdoor patio. The bar area is attractive and they have good happy hour prices (until 7pm). My (normally $12) cosmo was $7 at the happy hour bar. I always recommend Oceanaire. The food is consistent and service is excellent. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrific serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/18/2014Went there with some business colleagues. The restaurant was not busy at all, and it was a nice night so we asked to sit outside. At first, the service was OK and the waiters seemed attentive as they took our drink orders and food orders. Our apps and salads came out at a reasonable pace, and we were enjoying our meal, but the entrees seemed like they had to go catch the fish before they prepared it. It took well over an hour from the time they cleared our salads until the time our entrees came out. For the money, I expected something a little more spectacular, but our entrees were just OK. I guess that's what I should expect for a restaurant on International Drive near the convention center. I would not repeat.Special Features:
- clientsLGArchitectsDined on 3/17/2014We brought our clients here for a special treat - everyone had a great time - service is outstanding and what you'd expect from a 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok. Over rated.JDM225VIPDined on 3/15/2014Waiter was very awkward and kept trying to talk us into something other than what we wanted to order. The wine he talked us into was way too sweet, and we were clear about the Chardonnay we were trying to order. He insisted we should try the blend that we "would love"and it was nothing like a chard. We didn't care for it at all. The entree he talked me into was not at all what I wanted or was trying to order. Not my first time there but with all the great restaurants I'm Orlando. I probably will try another next time I'm after seafood.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceDanielVIPDined on 3/14/2014Our server Richie was a gem and the Oceanaire provided amazing food as always. The oysters were especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of our vacation.MNvisitorDined on 3/14/2014After nearly a week of very mediocre dining, we made a last minute reservation, (literally on the way there). We were seated right away. Fabulous wine list, and beautiful mojitos. Service was well-paced, very friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. I highly recommend the crab cakes. They were beautiful and delicious. Our group also enjoyed the stone crab, grilled salmon, stuffed shrimp and a very perfectly cooked, medium-rare filet. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceEmmyzoomzoomDined on 3/13/2014A very nice experience with great food and ambiance. The wait staff did a wonderful job. We would highly recommend this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!CloveyDined on 3/13/2014Absolutely great food and atmosphere. Food was fresh and preparation delicious. Desserts prepared on sight, Yummly. Hosted a business and expectations were met beyond expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014I had a great time here and couldn't have chosen a better venue for my work group. They did a great job at serving us and keeping us entertained throughout the night. The good was delicious on a whole new level. The service was memorable! Thank you all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.