Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
3303 Boucherie Rd
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2H3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quailsgate.com/
- Phone: 8004209463x252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Wine Bar Menu: Daily: 11:30am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Roger Sleiman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Stewart Family Proprietors' Dining Room is adjacent to our Wine Tasting Room and offers seating for up to 32 guests. This technically equipped facility is an exceptional venue for private, corporate, or family events as well as wine-related tours. The window surrounded dining room provides a spectacular view of the vineyard and Lake Okanagan. Guests can enjoy the late day breeze of Okanagan Lake from the terrace balcony off the private dining room. Our Quails' Gate wines, hand-crafted by Grant Stanley, are available along with a choice of group menu options which reflect the fresh regional cuisine of our Executive Chef, Roger Sleiman.
- Private Party Contact: Stella Brown 2507694451x221
- Special Events: There's always something happening at Old Vines Restaurant. Throughout the year we host numerous wine and culinary celebrations, for more information please visit www.quailsgate.com
- Cross Street: Sunnyside
- Public Transit: Quails' Gate is accessible by Public Transit. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors at our winery door. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: On-site parking is available for over 100 vehicles. Handicap parking and wheelchair accessible ramps are available at the entrances of both Old Vines Restaurant and the Stewart Family Proprietors' Dining Room.
A word from Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
Old Vines Restaurant is a meeting place of fresh local ingredients. Our selection of dishes enhance the light, fresh and fruitful, rich style of Quails' Gate wines. Our menu is constantly evolving as a reflection of our focus to serve the best and freshest the valley's local artisans and west coast markets can provide. We are dedicated to providing you with a beautiful setting and the ultimate food and wine experience in the Okanagan Valley. The Province (January 2007) Best places to un-wine. "Its fairytale pretty indoor/outdoor dining room among the vineyards is aptly named Old Vines Patio. Dinner here as the sun sets over the lake is a treat for the eyes and the palate." The New York Times (October 2006) - "Beyond our tables, the panorama of the lakefront, watercraft wake lines and row upon row of grapevines, with mountains in the distance, was mesmerizing." Wine Spectator (July 2004)- "One of the four best places to dine in the Okanagan."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (272)great for outdoor dining (254)special occasion (230)romantic (211)notable wine list (187)fit for foodies (185)great for lunch (143)great for brunch (67)good for groups (66)neighborhood gem (63)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- A lovely leisurely lunch spot.MomMDDined on 8/14/2014Our lunch on the patio was wonderful and the view just lovely. The food was very unique and very fresh, and the suggested wine pairing was excellent. We felt welcome to linger over our coffee. This is the restaurant to go to if you want a leisurely relaxed lunch, away from the crowds and hustle-bustle of downtown Kelowna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nurse63Dined on 8/13/2014Great service & food but quite expensive...having said that we would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Disappointingwinston2Dined on 8/13/2014We wanted to dine at the Old Vines 2 years ago but the restaurant was full; 3 different sets of friends raved about their respective visits in the past so we were really looking forward to a special lunch. Our friends did enjoy the Crab Cakes but my husband's flat iron steak was "tough as nails" and my soufflé was bland and the rice was hard and unappetizing. Our server did not engage with us - all around the servers appeared to interact and enjoy serving the customers; she did not easily make eye contact - gave the impression she was not in the same room. I have worked for 3 major hotel companies and was surprised to see a server with little personality; she could have made up for the food not being as tasty as expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningExcellentDined on 8/12/2014Nothing to fault. Food, wine and views were superb. It was a glorious evening and I can't wait to return next time. The service was also great at just the right level of customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealLarry333Dined on 8/12/2014Our meal was superb. Salad was tasteful, steak was cooked to perfection, and dessert was an innovative assortment of after dinner treats. Thanks for making a special occasion so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of heavenFuninthesunDined on 8/12/2014We had an amazing lunch. The staff was great. We wanted to sit outside as I found the inside too noisy. We only had to wait 15 min extra for our special request. We weren't rushed to eat our lunch. ... We were there for 2-1/2 hours - tried almost everything on the lunch menu .. No complaints. We even had desert which was delicious - budino!!! Never heard of it before ... Now it is my favourite next to crime brûlée !!Special Features:
- Beautiful place, beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Managed to get a reservation whilst passing through the area visiting wineries and was so glad we did. A beautiful setting overlooking the vineyards with impeccable service. The food was outstanding especially the rhubarb and white chocolate desert with sweet pea ice cream and mint. Wines were matched well to dishes as would be expected making a thoroughly enjoyable evening. A must if in the areaSpecial Features:
- Always a TreatDragonMaDined on 8/11/2014Our 3rd lunch as we pass through Kelowna from Vancouver - We reserved days ahead on line and geared our travel to get there for lunch (always busy so reservations a must if you don' t want a wait) Good food, good service, but it is not cheap. Worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Great dining experience, wonderful wine list, excellent service and great food selection. and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewwjwayneDined on 8/10/2014We went for lunch for four on a hot August day, and were seated outside, in shade, and had a wonderful time in this beautiful setting. We shared two tasty appetizers - a tasty beet salad with labneh cheese and kale, and the charcutarie board. We chose our mains with care - ling cod, flatiron steak and a cleverly produced goat cheese souffle, and sipped a very fine 2009 Pinot Noir We shared two desserts, a raspberry eclair and a salted caramel budino, both worthy choices. If there was room for improvement it would be the coffee (average, and not up to par with everything else). On an afternoon of wonderful company in an idyllic setting with locally sourced food, served attentively, our trip to Quail's Gate made for a happy memory.Special Features:
- L'ambiance Parfaite!ParfaiteDined on 8/9/2014The perfect ambience for a romantic and special occasion. Peaceful, great food, even better wine. We were fortunate to be sitting on the patio (definitely request it in your booking) and were enjoying the most wonderful view in the warm but comfortable breeze during sunset. I requested a special spot to celebrate a birthday and a candle with dessert. Although this was all without calling the actual restaurant all my requests were remembered. Thank you Quails Gate for a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quail's Gate Never DisappointsReturnVisitorDined on 8/9/2014We had another great meal at this restaurant. Go here enjoy a great bottle of wine soak in the view of Lake Okanagan and order anything on the menu it will be delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful dining venueplatesandcogsDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I went to Old Vines for dinner on our anniversary and had a wonderful time. We were in no hurry and our server, sommelier, and other staff members where excellent in pairing wines we had not yet tried with the various courses of our meal and generally making our experience a fantastic one. The patio was nestled beside the vineyard with an expansive view of Okanagan Lake. There are few places I'd rather spend an evening to enjoy wine and good company. If any part of the evening fell a little short it was the food, which was good, but not great. That said, the restaurants I know of in Kelowna with better food can't compete with this view. So if you're in Kelowna, the only solution is to plan more than one evening out.Special Features:
- Client careOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Thank you for making it so easy for me to entertain clients and for taking such good care of your clients.Special Features:
- overall it's okaybujubabyDined on 8/8/2014This place was recommended by my friends. We were there for lunch. Overall, it's good, however, a little bit overpriced. Besides, we found that the servants is not as friendly as those in other high-class restaurants- we knew they are trying to pretend being nice, but actually not from their heart. We would expected more passionate and friendly servants in such a relax winery restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dining in Kelowna regionsake1Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food. I had the tuna tartar and pork chops paired with Chenin blanc. Mignardises and Optima desert wine. Very good service. We will come again.Definitely.Special Features:
- Perfect!YummyDined on 8/7/2014Every time we go to Kelowna we eat at Quails Gate and have the perfect meal in a stunning setting. It was the perfect place to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. And I like the fact that they change their menu so I never have the same thing twice but they keep some of the classic standbys but just change it up a bit to keep it exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014For an excellent dining experience Quail's Gate can't be beat. The food and service are first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Experience!blocbruceDined on 8/6/2014If you are looking for a special dining experience in the Okanagan, Old Vines is a destination for you. It rates with Napa Valley winery restaurants. Great ambiance inside and out. Spectacular lake view. A varied menu using local produce elegantly presented - each with suggested wine pairings. You need two hours to properly enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck BreastKikirooDined on 8/6/2014My friend ordered the duck and he said it was delicious but his plate was empty in less than two minutes. The portion size was very small and he was hungry! It was rather uncomfortable because I got a good sized portion of linguini and had only taken a couple bites into my meal. I felt compelled to share my food with him, so I gave him half of my linguini which was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CliffVIPDined on 8/4/2014I did not think our entree worked. Putting pork cheeks and scallops together over under cooked risotto resulted in a dish without a lot of flavor. The salad of fresh greens and an excellent vinaigrette was very good.Special Features:
- Favourite Winery RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We love this restaurant and try to come here every time we are in the Kelowna area. The food is consistently amazing and the views are hard to beat. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the ambiance is elegant and cozy. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- A destination dining delight.InOraDined on 8/4/2014We drove out of our way to find the source of some of our favourite wines and to see what their restaurant could hold in store for us. We first chose to tour the vineyards and winery, and then dined on the patio with a grand view of the mountain bench, lush with precise rows of grapes. Since it's a winery, you'd expect them to pair the food with the wine instead of the other way around. We had the Old Vines Foch with a t-bone platter for two that wasn't on the menu, and it was a great combination. Desserts were an excellent selection of mignardises, memorable for the variety. The service was excellent, and with an authentic interest you can't find in "corporate focus-grouped high-end dining." This was the real thing, and it was a pleasure.Special Features:
- Beautiful memoriesJulioDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Old Vines Restaurant and we enjoyed our experience very much. One of the better restaurants in West Kelowna! Food was awesome, service was great and what can you say about the scenery! Loved everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply beautifulNatashaVIPDined on 8/4/2014One of my all time favorite restaurants! Beautiful views overlooking the winery and the lake. Excellent customer service and the food is delicious! Every time I come to visit Kelowna, this is a must stop!Special Features:
- outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014We took our relatives from Toronto for dinner, they were speechless with the view and atmosphere. The food here is always very good but this time it was excellent so is wine and service.Special Features:
- This restaurant is outstanding!!!pickyfoodeaterDined on 8/2/2014Fantastic food! Everything was cooked and prepared perfectly and timely. I must say this is one of the best restaurants I have been for dinner in Canada!!! Please go and try it out! Perfect!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but the foodKlove504Dined on 8/1/2014Quail's Gate is an unbelievable restaurant in that the view is awe-inspiring, the wine is fantastic and the service is attentive, personal, and professional. However, we've noticed the food, while still good, has decreased on many levels the past two years. If based solely on the food, it certainly is no meal to remember. If based on everything else, it's a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried and trueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014First visit and definitely a great experience. Will return and highly recommend it. The food and service are as wonderful as the setting. Well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedatoast2goodfoodDined on 7/31/2014I arrived at the restaurant a 1/2 hour early for the later evening dinner reservation (made two months earlier) after a 6 hour flight. We were greeted cooly by the apparently disinterested hostess, the pervasive attitude. The Rose wine, my favourite summer wine, was spectacular, as usual, but the food was disappointing. The cucumber soup was quite flavourful and beautifully presented, the foie gras was creamy and enjoyable, but the main course was not spectacular. The gnocci was a joy to the tastebuds but the cornish hen was a bit blasé. The soufflé was light and fluffy, but lacked pizzazz. The scallops were very nice; the pork needed something to perk it up. Chocolate mousse was great, the rhubarb dessert overly sweet. I expected more...Special Features:
- Old Vines @ Quails Gate BCBCVisitorDined on 7/30/2014Our 5th visit. Dinner at the restaurant was a great if expensive experience. The spot prawn app was excellent and the pickled apple inspired, The halibut main was spectacular , perfectly done and delicious even if the vegies were needing more time in the pot (they were in fact warm but raw) and the roasted potato & parsnip cake was "interesting" but a little on the bitter side... Please don't do that again !! A 1/2 liter of the reserve 2012 Pinot Noir went well and the fruit sorbet with shortbread cookies desert was enchanting. Service and atmosphere, + view is always spectacular as usual. We like the place and will definitely go back for another good wine and food experience.Special Features:
- Great lunch on a patioWinelistADined on 7/30/2014We had lunch at Quail's Gate on the first day in Kelowna. We enjoyed the food, service and location, overlooking winery. We chose fish and meat dish, which were both delicious. It was perfect place to start our week in Okanagan.Special Features:
- Mixed emotionsLarryVIPDined on 7/30/2014Had made reservations for lunch on July 30. The staff and our server (forget his name) are top notch. The charcuterie and oysters are fantastic however it took the kitchen an hour after that to prepare our entrees. No apologies or comment on the wait which really soured the experience for us. When our lunch did arrive it really was delicious. Just appalling that our food came out after people who arrived after us had finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in the OkanaganEzzapetDined on 7/29/2014Ask to sit on the patio. Amazing ambiance when you walk in. Service is spectacular and food is incredible. Would highly recommend this place for anyone visiting the area. It's a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent food, atmosphere, wines and service! Excellent food, atmosphere, wines and service!Special Features:
- We just keep coming back!SuzeDined on 7/28/2014We come out to the Okanagan every summer and I always look forward to my annual lunch at Old Vines. The food is consistently awesome as is the view and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Viewshallcomeback2dineDined on 7/28/2014If your in Kelowna don't miss out on dining here...Special Features:
- Beautiful view, great food.ClaraDined on 7/27/2014Old Vines was recommended to me by my brother, who used to run a wine tour company in the Okanagan. The view from the restaurant is fantastic, great sight lines over the vineyard to Okanagan lake and the mountains behind. The food was fantastic; I ordered the arugula salad, arctic char (which was the feature) and the salted caramel budino and my hubby had the beef carpaccio and tartare, cornish game hen, then a trio of cheeses. Each dish was cooked to perfection and perfectly spiced. We ordered the suggested wine pairings and they were spot on. The service was fantastic as well, our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal and a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningAoll73Dined on 7/27/2014We made a reservation but had to reschedule due to an emergency. Quails gate were very accommodating although were very fully booked over the time we had available. Lovely meal, lovely servers, thoroughly spoilt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just perfectMmmmVIPDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful view from patio seat, tasty food, charming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.