Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
2250 Front Street
Melbourne, FL 32901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3217296558x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-11pm; Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
Experience breathtaking views of the Indian River while you dine leisurely at Chart House. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)special occasion (106)romantic (63)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (31)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent Service/FoodRAYLDined on 8/11/2014The parmesan encrusted cod was excellent as well as was the prime rib. The service was superior and kudos to the restaurant for acknowledging our 41st anniversary on the top of the menu. I would recommend the Chart House for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure, will return soongoodfoodDined on 8/11/2014We have been going to "a" Chart House for years........up and down the east coast. We are happy to say that this Chart House "Melbourne" is the BEST. We are now living here in Florida and happy to be able to go to "our favorite" eating spot......anytime we want!Special Features:
- Best of the best in Brevard County.AlexDined on 8/10/2014Your service with wait staff and valet has improved greatly yet you should focus more on the kitchen/chef/staff. Meals are good yet the prime has been delivered cool not hot and whoever cuts the steak from the roast is terrible with a knife. Uneven cuts..thick on one end, thin on the other and they appear to be reducing portion size yet the price continues to climb. Fix it with training needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again a Great ExperienceGreatMealinMLBFLDined on 8/10/2014We have been going to Chart House for over 20 years and each time it is a great experience.Special Features:
- what a waste!NobodyDined on 8/8/2014the location is fantastic, by the water and the service is wonderful. no need for parking valet but you have to use it. the food is regular food, not great, menu items you will find anywhere at a price you wońt find everywhere! Way to expensive! Save yourself time and money, try something else!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Service is always grat. Ambience also. Attentive but not overly so. Food was prepared well.Special Features:
- OutstandingCookieDined on 8/7/2014I always enjoy the food and service experience at the Chart House. You have personalized service (from bartenders Jeff and Kim) to server, Donny. Food is fresh, delicious, and graciously served. And you can't beat the view!Special Features:
- Dining at it's finestDianeCDined on 8/5/2014The Prime Rib and Loaded Baked Potato I ordered was by far the best meal I've ever had, ever... So tender and delicious and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend!! The service was fantastic, everyone was very friendly. What made our dining experience even more special was the beautiful ocean view and sea life activity.Special Features:
- Why Keep us waiting ?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Every time we visit the Chart House Melbourne we are kept waiting at the front desk even though we arrive on-time and our table is ready. Everything else always good. Just the Front of House people. Sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BirthdayFoodiesDined on 8/4/2014The food was superb as usual,portions are also very generous, and the service attentive and professional. It was my wife's birthday and the restaurant accommodated our window seat request. A very nice surprise was, when they also brought over a slice of mud pie with candle. We always have a very good experience at the Chart House and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion placelavacakeDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I celebrate our special occasions at The Chart House. The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceYrhighness23Dined on 7/27/2014Dinner @ the Chart House of Melbourne was a great touch to a great celebration. My husband and I went to Melbourne to celebrate our one year anniversary. We had a nice dinner, waiter and personalized menus wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It was a special touch that we were able to keep the menus and as keepsakes. Thank you Chart House of Melbourne for such a great night!Special Features:
- Always a Nice experiencetravelboundDined on 7/27/2014Another lovely early dinner on a Sunday afternoon. Early Dining with the salad bar included is the best value. Great views of the river and it's wildlife. The always friendly staff makes this a welcoming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantNicoleDined on 7/27/2014Overall a pretty nice restaurant. The service wasn't all that great. The server tried to take away plates while we were still eating, it made us feel rushed. The Steak was a bit tough. The view to the river was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewJrm215Dined on 7/24/2014Great view over the water. Service was spot on, never overbearing or inefficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GayleAngelGayleAngelDined on 7/23/2014We celebrated our anniversary and it was wonderful!!! The specials were incredible & the ambiance was very romantic. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebrationPetesdadVIPDined on 7/16/2014As always, Chart House provides a great place for a quiet celebration. The food is outstanding, the ambiance pleasant, and usually the service is attentive without being intrusive. This time, however, we had to continually tell our server to stop rushing us. We'll refuse him should he show up at our table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great relaxed placeEleldubyaDined on 7/13/2014The food and view are always good here and the crowd is somewhere between lively and quiet. However, the place is freezing, so bring a jacket or wrap!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!CheCheDangoDined on 7/12/2014Being from Hawaii, I have a tendency to be very judgemental on "Oceanside or Oceanfront" dining locations regarding the view & "freshness" of seafood..Melbourne Charthouse was a beautiful spot to celebrate my 40th bday while on vacation. From the moment the complimentary valet service greeted us at curbside, the exquisite "Big Island Shrimp Roll" appetizer and Miso glazed salmon & tender beef and "to die for" desserts...just a fabulous dining experience! Well worth the price! I plan to return on my next trip to Melbourne! Mahalo Nui Loa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another 5 star performanceVieraVarmintDined on 7/12/2014We have been going to the Charthouse since moving to Florida 11 years ago. We generally go for special occasions but just wanted to be there this time. As always the food was great and views spectacular. I highly recommend the Charthouse, especially for those special events you want to remember forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014This was my first visit to this Charthouse and I was not impressed. On the positive side the food entree was very good. We ordered oyster for an appetizer and when they were opened they were washed losing all their flavor, not acceptable. Then before we could even finish the appetizer the meal arrived. Also not acceptable for a restaurant of this level. The service was very pushy and it seemed that for every thing we ordered the waitress pushed us towards something else. It should have been very relaxing yet was somewhat stressful. Not what I was expecting for the price and based on previous experience with Charthouse restaurants.Special Features:
- 4th of July VisitHawkeyeDined on 7/4/2014waiter too busy to handle our table of 6. 4th of July. wine orders were wrong; spilled wine on our table; and we waited a long time for check. Checks were incorrect waited additional time to correct the amounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.frankd357Dined on 7/3/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the Melbourne area.Special Features:
- Lv2dineDined on 7/1/2014The Salad Bar was amazing. The Steak was just o.k. A tad dry and honestly I've had better at Steak houses else where. Service was Great, Had a nice River view.
- Awesome diningKathieDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the service was excellent. The chef prepared our favorite dish which is on the Daytona Beach menu but not at Cocoa Beach. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely Done!BeachPolarBearDined on 6/28/2014Took friends coming out of town and it was a great evening. Rachel did a fantastic job, food was very good and the overall experience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but very goodnamelessDined on 6/27/2014This was a birthday celebration with excellent vodka martinis and superior menu selection, particularly of sea food. They make a spinach salad as an appetizer but it's excellent and large enough for a full meal. And that's for a very reasonable price. Main meals are in the $30+ range, with $7.50 salad bar tacked on. Excellent view on the river, great ambience efficient waiters and waitresses. Worth the extra cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melbourne, Fl Chart Housegrfg8rDined on 6/25/2014The food & view were as usual, awesome. Our usual server, Jonathan! was off. The fellow we had was a pain. He acted and stated that he doesn't particularly care to wait on people who choose to dine al fresco! It's the Chart House! . We are regulars there and have never experienced this before here! We dined on a Thursday night and they were not even crowded! Then he seemed to rush us. So, we purposely took our time. Being frequent Landry Club Diners, we had bonus $ to deduct from the bill. When he brought it back, he coyly reminded us what the total amount was before deductions. As if we didn't know what to tip on! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! Do go, but ask for Jonathan. He is a young man who WILL give you impeccable service, even outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary HighlightHappyCampersDined on 6/24/2014Took my wife for our 53rd wedding anniversary upon the recommendation of friends. Website was a great help in helping us decide. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and answered all our questions regarding food choices. Food was served in a timely manner and was delicious reflecting the personal touch of the preparing chefs. Make sure you save room for dessert as they "are to die for"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- - not a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014I booked a table for 2 asked for a window, my wife's birthday, expecting a quiet romantic occasion. We were seated next to a party of 6 - large, the large electronics, firm having a business meeting with a accounting firm. Chart house food and service was fine, but our table on one side was the party of 6 and then a quieter table 2 Realtors or bankers discussing business. For the party of 6 as the rounds of drinks and bottles of wine progressed- I got to hear every possible business bull&^% Buzzword: Synergy, Bring your A Game! we need to show that you guys "add value" with something better than a Checklist. The bankers were fine and quiet. Won't go to Chart House again unless its business and I can expense it.Special Features:
- Chart House Melbourne ROCKS!jacksDined on 6/23/2014Chart House Melbourne never disappoints us. The river views, complete with dolphins playing are stunning and memorable. We are always impressed with the upscale level of service and attention to detail by all the staff. From the moment we arrive and the valet takes our car, to the greeting by the hostess, the attentive wait staff, individualized menu for your special occasion dining, everyone here makes you feel welcome and important to them as a customer. Not enough businesses do that anymore. We keep coming back for the "best salad bar in Melbourne", menu selections for all tastes, especially the excellent fish and everything always prepared as ordered. We always celebrate birthdays, anniversary's and new Years Eve here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wpg8trDined on 6/22/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration for my wife. Mary was a fantastic server.Special Features:
- The following 1337 reviews are from the Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews archive.
- PerfectLAGBoltDined on 6/20/2014Fortieth wedding anniversary. Best place in Brevard to just sit and enjoy the view and eat good. Love the salad bar. Friday night sailing group went right by our window. Watched about 15 sets of white sails out across the Indian River for about two hours. After dinner walk along the dock by the marina looking at the boats, water and birds. Ted (TD?) was wonderful. The crowd at Charthouse is always quiet, courteous and appropriately dressed. Very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Awesome experience for father's day! The food was amazing, the server was very attentive, and the view was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dine for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Went there to celebrate Father's Day and 41st wedding anniversary. We had been there before and we were not disappointed again. Food was suburb, atmosphere and service both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDougDined on 6/15/2014Our family took our father for Father's Day brunch, Everything was great, the view, the service the food, we'll be back again!Special Features:
- always greatTimPalko97Dined on 6/12/2014We are never disappointed at the chart house. From the appetizers down to the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You just can't beat the Chart HouseWONDERFULDined on 6/8/2014Everything about it is wonderful. Wish we had one in Orlando, and we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchluvfoodDined on 6/8/2014We enjoyed Sunday brunch. The food was delicious and the champagne and bloody Marys were only $2. Melissa was great. Going back soon for dinner.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014First visit back in several years. Have nothing but good things to say about the experience. From appetizers to dessert, everything was delicious. Only issue would be the price. Be prepared to spend!!Special Features: