Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
2250 Front Street
Melbourne, FL 32901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3217296558x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-10pm; Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
Experience breathtaking views of the Indian River while you dine leisurely at Chart House. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (124)special occasion (115)romantic (63)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (30)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- A great relaxed placeEleldubyaDined on 7/13/2014The food and view are always good here and the crowd is somewhere between lively and quiet. However, the place is freezing, so bring a jacket or wrap!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!CheCheDangoDined on 7/12/2014Being from Hawaii, I have a tendency to be very judgemental on "Oceanside or Oceanfront" dining locations regarding the view & "freshness" of seafood..Melbourne Charthouse was a beautiful spot to celebrate my 40th bday while on vacation. From the moment the complimentary valet service greeted us at curbside, the exquisite "Big Island Shrimp Roll" appetizer and Miso glazed salmon & tender beef and "to die for" desserts...just a fabulous dining experience! Well worth the price! I plan to return on my next trip to Melbourne! Mahalo Nui Loa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another 5 star performanceVieraVarmintDined on 7/12/2014We have been going to the Charthouse since moving to Florida 11 years ago. We generally go for special occasions but just wanted to be there this time. As always the food was great and views spectacular. I highly recommend the Charthouse, especially for those special events you want to remember forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014This was my first visit to this Charthouse and I was not impressed. On the positive side the food entree was very good. We ordered oyster for an appetizer and when they were opened they were washed losing all their flavor, not acceptable. Then before we could even finish the appetizer the meal arrived. Also not acceptable for a restaurant of this level. The service was very pushy and it seemed that for every thing we ordered the waitress pushed us towards something else. It should have been very relaxing yet was somewhat stressful. Not what I was expecting for the price and based on previous experience with Charthouse restaurants.Special Features:
- 4th of July VisitHawkeyeDined on 7/4/2014waiter too busy to handle our table of 6. 4th of July. wine orders were wrong; spilled wine on our table; and we waited a long time for check. Checks were incorrect waited additional time to correct the amounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.frankd357Dined on 7/3/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the Melbourne area.Special Features:
- Lv2dineDined on 7/1/2014The Salad Bar was amazing. The Steak was just o.k. A tad dry and honestly I've had better at Steak houses else where. Service was Great, Had a nice River view.
- Awesome diningKathieDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the service was excellent. The chef prepared our favorite dish which is on the Daytona Beach menu but not at Cocoa Beach. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely Done!BeachPolarBearDined on 6/28/2014Took friends coming out of town and it was a great evening. Rachel did a fantastic job, food was very good and the overall experience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but very goodnamelessDined on 6/27/2014This was a birthday celebration with excellent vodka martinis and superior menu selection, particularly of sea food. They make a spinach salad as an appetizer but it's excellent and large enough for a full meal. And that's for a very reasonable price. Main meals are in the $30+ range, with $7.50 salad bar tacked on. Excellent view on the river, great ambience efficient waiters and waitresses. Worth the extra cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melbourne, Fl Chart Housegrfg8rDined on 6/25/2014The food & view were as usual, awesome. Our usual server, Jonathan! was off. The fellow we had was a pain. He acted and stated that he doesn't particularly care to wait on people who choose to dine al fresco! It's the Chart House! . We are regulars there and have never experienced this before here! We dined on a Thursday night and they were not even crowded! Then he seemed to rush us. So, we purposely took our time. Being frequent Landry Club Diners, we had bonus $ to deduct from the bill. When he brought it back, he coyly reminded us what the total amount was before deductions. As if we didn't know what to tip on! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! Do go, but ask for Jonathan. He is a young man who WILL give you impeccable service, even outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary HighlightHappyCampersDined on 6/24/2014Took my wife for our 53rd wedding anniversary upon the recommendation of friends. Website was a great help in helping us decide. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and answered all our questions regarding food choices. Food was served in a timely manner and was delicious reflecting the personal touch of the preparing chefs. Make sure you save room for dessert as they "are to die for"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- - not a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014I booked a table for 2 asked for a window, my wife's birthday, expecting a quiet romantic occasion. We were seated next to a party of 6 - large, the large electronics, firm having a business meeting with a accounting firm. Chart house food and service was fine, but our table on one side was the party of 6 and then a quieter table 2 Realtors or bankers discussing business. For the party of 6 as the rounds of drinks and bottles of wine progressed- I got to hear every possible business bull&^% Buzzword: Synergy, Bring your A Game! we need to show that you guys "add value" with something better than a Checklist. The bankers were fine and quiet. Won't go to Chart House again unless its business and I can expense it.Special Features:
- Chart House Melbourne ROCKS!jacksDined on 6/23/2014Chart House Melbourne never disappoints us. The river views, complete with dolphins playing are stunning and memorable. We are always impressed with the upscale level of service and attention to detail by all the staff. From the moment we arrive and the valet takes our car, to the greeting by the hostess, the attentive wait staff, individualized menu for your special occasion dining, everyone here makes you feel welcome and important to them as a customer. Not enough businesses do that anymore. We keep coming back for the "best salad bar in Melbourne", menu selections for all tastes, especially the excellent fish and everything always prepared as ordered. We always celebrate birthdays, anniversary's and new Years Eve here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wpg8trDined on 6/22/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration for my wife. Mary was a fantastic server.Special Features:
- PerfectLAGBoltDined on 6/20/2014Fortieth wedding anniversary. Best place in Brevard to just sit and enjoy the view and eat good. Love the salad bar. Friday night sailing group went right by our window. Watched about 15 sets of white sails out across the Indian River for about two hours. After dinner walk along the dock by the marina looking at the boats, water and birds. Ted (TD?) was wonderful. The crowd at Charthouse is always quiet, courteous and appropriately dressed. Very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Awesome experience for father's day! The food was amazing, the server was very attentive, and the view was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dine for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Went there to celebrate Father's Day and 41st wedding anniversary. We had been there before and we were not disappointed again. Food was suburb, atmosphere and service both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDougDined on 6/15/2014Our family took our father for Father's Day brunch, Everything was great, the view, the service the food, we'll be back again!Special Features:
- always greatTimPalko97Dined on 6/12/2014We are never disappointed at the chart house. From the appetizers down to the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You just can't beat the Chart HouseWONDERFULDined on 6/8/2014Everything about it is wonderful. Wish we had one in Orlando, and we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchluvfoodDined on 6/8/2014We enjoyed Sunday brunch. The food was delicious and the champagne and bloody Marys were only $2. Melissa was great. Going back soon for dinner.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014First visit back in several years. Have nothing but good things to say about the experience. From appetizers to dessert, everything was delicious. Only issue would be the price. Be prepared to spend!!Special Features:
- Decor could be betterAarGeeDined on 6/4/2014The food is not bad but a bit expensive. The decor is dated and needs a major update. I went there with two of my colleagues. We shared two appetizers. I ordered grilled Salmon (good) for dinner. My portion of the bill with a glass of wine was $65. A bit too much I felt.Special Features:
- Just great all overIlikeatmosphereVIPDined on 6/4/2014Great food, view and service! I live in Dallas and know food and this restaurant is amazing every time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful TreatIronjohnDined on 5/29/2014Well above average food and an excellent salad-bar. The waiter service was outstanding by Todd.Special Features:
- Top Notch RestaurantMTG2dineDined on 5/23/2014Immensely enjoyed everything at the Chart House from the view to the food and service. We had a party of 11 celebrating a graduation. Every member of our party was completely satisfied. Most definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!bday2Dined on 5/23/2014We went to the Chart House to celebrate my husband's birthday. I made reservations on line with a couple of requests. Right off, our waitress, Mary made us feel welcome and wished my husband a wonderful day. She was very attentive and gracious; giving us plenty of private time, but ensuring we had all we needed. We started with the oysters-DELICIOUS and FRESH! Our Prime rib was cooked perfectly and the dressing on our salad was just right! We found room for the Lava Cake, which is NOT to be missed! I now have two favorite desserts at Chart House! Thank you for such a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melbourne's PearlOriginal777Dined on 5/23/2014Quaint. The restaurant has excellent quality food and beverages. The staff is extremely pleasant and attentive. Even thought there are limited amount of window tables, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house! Delightful and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChainLuv2go2dabeachDined on 5/23/2014Snapper Hemingway was spectacular. House speciality chocolate cake was superb. Not to be missed! This restaurant is a chain...staff and management were very attentive and helpful with questions about the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1322 reviews are from the Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews archive.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We went to Chart House to celebrate a birthday. Everything was perfect - delicious food, excellent service, beautiful view, and extensive salad bar selections. It was a great surprise to find a personalized birthday greeting on top of our menus. I highly recommend Chart House for a special occasion. We will go back.Special Features:
- good bargain at the right timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Chart house Melbourne has a great happy hour every day from 4-6.. You could make a dinner out of the reasonably priced appetizers and drinks. Also if you get the early bird for diner the entrees are excellent and salad bar is included a little more than $20. Monday is also double points day for Landry club members. This is not advertised.Special Features:
- Average food, above average priceLeesrtDined on 5/18/2014This is my second time eating at Chart and will be my blast. Each location, Jacksonville and Melbourne, had nice scenic views but the food is average at best. I'm also not a fan of the forced valet parking. This is purely to make you feel more exclusive but with the parking lot right there what is he point? There steak was no better than Texas Roadhouse but I get the priveledge of paying $10 more. For that money the beef should be dry aged and nicely seasoned. It should melt in my mouth when I bite into it. The crusted shrimp tasted like frozen breaded shrimp that was put in the oven.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceFood4thoughtDined on 5/17/2014The food and staff were wonderful and very attentive. My only observation, wish had more romantic seating.Special Features:
- Great Placedemaran1Dined on 5/17/2014Very impressed with the whole experience. Including the salad bar, which I normally don't have in any restaurant. This one was an exception. Every item was fresh. Excellent presentation on the main dish, which was heated so the food was at the correct temperature. The Halibit was the best I ever had. The molten lava chocolate was to die for, but you need to let you server know about 30 minutes before cause the make it fresh. Overall I have to give this a 10/10. Even the free valet parking was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Srbutsavy72Dined on 5/16/2014Since we were there a year ago, prices were up and portions were down. The bread basket had been reduced in amount and the bread was stale when it used to be delicious and a highlight. Caesar salad at salad bar was soggy and pretty much tasteless and $18 for a salad bar is high! The fresh strawberries and whipped cream was a nice touch. The Lobster Bisque was disappointing in flavor. I do have to say the scallops were delicious. However, at $32, this would be for a special occasion. We do appreciate the free desert for the birthday boy and the reduction on the bill because we are Landry members. We are not cheap and do not mind paying at all when it is worth it. We appreciate also that our request for a window table was honored.Special Features:
- great food and serviceKinMelbourneDined on 5/15/2014Mira was an awesome server. My Mom enjoyed her birthday dinner, and hasn't stopped talking about it. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening in Melbourne....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We were impressed with everyone who worked there - friendly and focused. The food was outstanding. It was nice to visit another Charthouse. Haven't been to one in quite some time. They are always consistent with the quality of their food. Great time and really good vibe at the bar! Happy hour was relaxing and vibrant at the same time.Special Features:
- It's been better2EarlydinersDined on 5/12/2014Early menu is a very good value. I felt the seating was slow. We were on time and our table, as well as many tables, were open but we were made to wait for someone to seat us. The person who took us to our table seemed lost, weaving in and out searching for our table of 5. Our server seemed inexperienced and not what I have experienced in the past. One of my guests ordered a bar drink, straight up, rocks on the side. She brought the drink, no rocks, reminded her but she never brought the ice. I remember when the manager used to walk around to tables and ask patrons about their experience. Not this time. We had a table of 5, with guests from out of state. I was not impressed with this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great evening with special friendsMelbourniteDined on 5/11/2014Thorougly enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Only suggest that it be open for lunch. More vegetarian options would put it at a 5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.