Hammocks Trading Company
7285 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hammocks Trading Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hammockstradingcompany.com/
- Phone: 7703959592x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm, Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: William Sigley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Customized Catering options, call Jason to inquire.
A word from Hammocks Trading Company
Hammocks Trading Company is the choice for high quality seafood in North Atlanta. Local owners Jason Sheetz and William Sigley pride themselves on great food, service, bar, and atmosphere. Together they have 50 years of restaurant experience at the best restaurants in Atlanta and Las Vegas. Hammocks combines our attention to detail with a casual neighborhood feel. Our most reviewed items include the BBQ Oysters and the Baked Salmon. Both were reviewed in the AJC and on Atlanta Eats. Our menu features cuisine from the southern coastal regions of the United States. Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits, BBQ Ribs are just a few examples. Our fresh veggies include fried okra, creamed corn, and collard greens. The grouper sandwich has become known as the best in town. Our other sandwiches include the Crispy Shrimp or Oyster Po-Boys, Smoked Chicken Salad, Brisket, and the Salmon BLTA. We are family friendly and have options for all ages. Every item from the kitchen is made from scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Hammocks Trading Company - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Hammocks Trading Company reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (77)fit for foodies (47)kid-friendly (41)good for groups (38)great for lunch (30)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (16)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)romantic (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Found Hammocks on OpenTableTheGeneralVIPDined on 2/16/2014Really glad I deceided to try this place after seeing it on OpenTable Had a Salmon BTL (see photo's on FoodSpotting) and a Grouper Sandwich and both were very good Great place, flavors and people so I will come back and try some other menu items I know already I am interested in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality and ValueTunaVIPDined on 2/15/2014We read about the owners' backgrounds, and heard from a neighbor about their positive experience, and were motivated to visit for the first time. The fish and chips ($15) was extremely greasy and was nowhere near meeting a reasonable standard. The mixed drink ($9) was 1.5 oz. of product and a tall glass full of ice. To be fair, my spouses' shrimp and grits was very good, and clearly met expectations.
- Favorite little gemKevbobDined on 2/8/2014We love Hammocks. Great fish and seafood and FABULOUS oysters. Salmon in parchment is to die for. Salads great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service good, wouldMarcEricDined on 2/8/2014Food good, service good, would recommend, and will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but nothing specialBrandonDined on 1/30/2014My wife and I visited Hammocks after hearing about the grouper sandwich on Atlanta Eats. We were greated by the owner/manager and seated quickly. The fried appetizer platter was tasty, but the portion size was small. The grouper sandwich was fine, but definitely not worth making a special trip over. My wife was disappointed because her fish tacos came covered in slaw, which may have been mentioned on the menu, but she didn't remember seeing that or else she would have ordered something different. The staff seemed polite and did a good job taking care of us.Special Features:
- Wow!OLDSKOOLDined on 1/26/2014The bartender Jason was the Best! I've been to a lot of seafood places, but I have to say that I will be bringing my friends back real soon. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outerbanks style seafood...BigFamilyDinnerDined on 1/25/2014Great seafood - excellent crab legs, clams, oysters, salmon, lobster... Attentive service Good for kids - love the smores roast for dessert...all the kids get it Good selection of local beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FigmentFigmentDined on 1/19/2014Great food. We have visited many times ,it is our favorite restaurant in the area . The salmon special is to die for !! The owners are always present and attentive, The staff knowledgeable of all the dishes. Highly recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I Didn't Chance itSusanaVIPDined on 1/19/2014Admittedly, I tried it because it was featured on Atlanta Eats and I love seafood. Read recent reviews, which were mostly poor, and chose to ignore them and try it anyway. Food did not feel gourmet at all, felt like Red Lobster. Fries were overcooked and underseasoned, fish was more breading than actual fish, food overall felt cheap and uninspired. Wish the prices reflected it b/c this place is terribly overpriced. Service was marginal. The location looks like an old Joe's Crabshack that they just threw some modern hardware in to "update" it.
- Sandy Springs Best Kept SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014Let's be honest. This place isn't like going to one of those fancy, high end restaurants in Buckhead or Midtown...it's better. The food at Hammocks is second to none and you will be hard pressed to find something on the menu you don't like. Their oysters are some of the best in the city, and the fish tacos might be the best you'll have this side of California. Make it a point to come back more than once because you will want to try everything at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menu gives options toMDcfoodlvrDined on 1/18/2014new menu gives options to variety of tastes and appetites.Enjoyed the ciapino(?). I'm a lover of a variety of seafoods so it was a great dish to try.ambiance was good and server was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood standbyfinikyVIPDined on 1/17/2014If you are a fan of fish and chips (grouper) British style this is the place to go. There beer batter is just like you would find in an English pub but better because they are using Grouper instead of Cod. Staff is friendly and food is hot. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A missLive2EatDined on 1/10/2014Been at Hammocks several times before and had a good experience. This time the restaurant was not prepared for the table of 8, even though reservations had been made. Service was poor and if not for the owner/manager, the event would have been 1 star. New menu, OK - why change the fish soup - it was perfect. Gumbo needs to be redone and served HOT! Salmon still a gem! Pricing seems a tad higher (too high). We will try again with a smaller party with hopefully better results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- improvementsTheatreFanVIPDined on 1/10/2014getting food out of kitchen has gotten slower as they have gotten very succesful,.needs some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy Springs FavoriteHard2PleAseVIPDined on 1/10/2014The entire menu is fresh, cooked to perfection and delicious! You can't go wrong with your choice here. No worries if you do not like seafood! They have plenty of choices. This is also a great spot for Gluten Free diners. We love the salmon baked in parchment paper with roasted root vegetables, the mix fry ( love the fried lemons), the HTC salad with sundries peaches and apple cider vinaigrette is amazing. My husband loves the snapper, catfish and filet! Our 7 year old orders grilled shrimp and our 3 year old loves the homemade Mac and Cheese and backyard s'mores! The staff could not be more friendly and attentive! Try the ginger peach sangria! Great bar drinks !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.