Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
1100 Marina Point Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3862559022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30pm-9:30pm; Monday-Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: John Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
Located on the Halifax River, Chart House offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish to our famous slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)special occasion (88)romantic (62)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Birthday celebrationAshley21Dined on 5/12/2014The food was amazing we had the fish and prime rib....perfect setting delicious food and good friends .we will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Chart House is one of my favorite restaurants. The lighting is perfect and the view of the water is amazing. The staff are always so friendly. I have a great time every time I come here. Not to mention, the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I want to thank the staff at Chart House for doing an outstanding job on one of the busiest dining days. Service was smooth and effortless and the food came out in a timely manner and was cooked to perfection. Everything we ordered was delicious. We could not have a better experience!Special Features:
- Mother's DayDaytonaTripDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere, great salad bar & a menu full of difficult decisions. Looking forward to next Mother's Day there.Special Features:
- Terrible ServicemimiDined on 5/11/2014Service was terrible. Food was fair. Not the usual Chart House experience.
- Fell short of expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I have been there many times in the past. The waitress was almost robotic and not friendly. The food was average tasting. Salad bar was average. Will not be going back soon especially for Mother's Day. They did not thing special for the moms.Special Features:
- A great meallrj1Dined on 5/11/2014Chart House opens early a couple of times a year (Mother's Day, Father's Day, ...). This gives those of us who enjoy a Sunday lunch after church that is better than most other restaurants in town. I wished there were more opportunities in the year.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We received very poor service, our waiter did not greet us for almost 20 min and only took our drink order. We did not see him agin for another 15 min to take our food order ( did not know he was our waiter until he came back). There was a large party at a table across from us and they had our server and another one. He filled our drinks one time. He delivered the desert when he brought the big party theirs ( we waited for a while) and our bill! We felt that we were a bother to the wait staff. Even the Manager came by and checked on the big table and ignored us! Did not have a great experience especially after spending over $80!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We were seated near the kitchen and the most direct route to "window view" areas so it was not a quiet spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 15 year anniversary!ginabeansDined on 5/9/2014Our Service was outstanding! The food was very wonderful as well as the presentation. They even had the menus personalized on the top with Happy 15 year anniversary Mr & Mrs Lalane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in the restaurantSateDined on 5/9/2014I was there for a birthday celebration and we all had a very enjoyable evening. the food, the atmosphere and the service was great. the waiter was great. I'm sorry, I don't remember his name.Special Features:
- Food superb-management frustratingknowagoodthingDined on 5/6/2014The food was superb, and the waiter was terrific. But, the management seemed stubborn, and the kitchen and bar seemed spread thin. We very much wanted a window seat for a graduation celebration and they would not accommodate despite my reserving and graciously requesting several weeks in advance. We also waited quite a long time for beverages and entrees.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for special occasionPilotsmomDined on 5/6/2014We had dinner to celebrate our son graduating from college, and enjoyed the wonderful setting and great food. The menu provides many choices in addition to a salad bar which included caviar! The service was excellent and attentive, and the meals were delivered warm and correctly prepared. I especially enjoyed my Negroni cocktail and the lobster bisque soup. I would recommend this restaurant for both families and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Excellent Chart House diningjohnchilDined on 5/3/2014The Chart House is an excellent restaurant. The food is very very good, also the wines are very good and the service is first rate. Very good job on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovedDined on 5/3/2014We had a wonderful meal. The food was really great. Out server was super also. Very attentive, but no overboard. Would defiantly recommend this restraunt to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhonesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014The restaurant should ban cell phones! Someone was completing a business deal at 8PM while my wife and I were trying to celebrate our 49th anniversary. Very disturbing!Special Features:
- Not goodLambchopsVIPDined on 4/30/2014We love Chart Houses in various cities. This one has a chef who doesn't follow the recipes and instructions for Chart House standard menu, and food is below par.Special Features:
- KayliSNOWBIRDDined on 4/29/2014Besides the great food and good wine, our waitress Kayi was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dooganDined on 4/26/2014Best dining experience in the Daytona Beach area. Only compliment would be that it took an excessive period of time from order to receiving food.Special Features:
- Our 1 year anniversaryLv2DineDined on 4/26/2014I made my reservation 3 weeks in advance and then called 2 hrs before our reservation to confirm for 7pm they said yes we have everything all set. We got there at 6:40 and were to they would try to get us sat 15min within our reservation time. They didn't tell us there was a bar or even where it was till we figured it out by ourselves. An hour after our reservation we finally got sat in a cramped area where my wife had to sit at an angle to eat. The waitress was very nice but not attentive at all. Other waiters were clearing our table and we sat there with an empty glass for about 15min. We ordered our lava cake in advance and when we got it it was far from lava it had no chocolate in the middle of this blob of cake covered up. HorribleSpecial Features:
- TheresaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Great dining experience and would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014We know the Chart House in Weehawken NJ and thought, it would be the same in Daytona, but we where very disappointed. The dressing of the spinach salad was cold, the bacon tasted old, at least the entree (stuffed Tilapia) was ok. The server never asked if everything is ok and after pointing out the cold dressing he responded: You should have said something. I don't want to go to a restaurant, where you have to point out, that you want the food the way it is described in the menu.
- MILLER'S DINNER AT THE CHART HOUSESNOWBIRDDined on 4/15/2014AS ALWAYS, FOOD AND SERVICE WERE GREAT! WE KEEP GOING BACK AS THE FOOD IS SO SCRUMPTIOUS. WE ARE GOING BACK BECAUSE THE MENU IS SO FULL OF MANY DIFFERENT PREPARATIONS OF MANY DIFFERENT FOODS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation SplurgeJennDined on 4/13/2014Vacationing in Daytona and decided to try the Chart House. The restaurant is minutes away from the beach and many tables had very nice water views. Staff was very friendly and even called a cab for us as we were leaving. Good portions of great tasting food and prices were reasonable. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 4/13/2014Food was good service good we had to send steak back a couple of times you have to find out for your selfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daytona Beach DisappointmentPaulSueDined on 4/12/2014Have had fantastic experiences at Chart Houses in Alexandria, Sarasota, & Tampa. This one was painful to get through. Reservations at 730, did not get seated until 840. Told by hostess that we should have expected to wait 15-20 minutes, even with reservations. 70 minutes was ridiculous. We were taken to our table, which was in front of a heavy traffic area (in front of the kitchen & salad bar), asked for table where there wasn't so much traffic and there was an additional 10 minute wait for a quieter table. Had to flag down wait staff to order bottle of wine & order dinner. Food arrived almost an hour later. Had to ask several times what the status of our food was, was given flippant answer "all food is cooked to order & we're backed up".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dem Chart House placesSanfordSliderDined on 4/5/2014We found Chart House in the late '80s on St. Thomas island. It was a delightful place with sea planes landing nearby. We later found out that it is a chain so have enjoyed other locations whenever possible. We moved to florida recently and were glad to see one in Daytona, less than an hour away from our town. We found a great reason to make the drive when a friend told us about her promotion. The salad bar is superb albeit a tad pricey at $8.99 over the entre but worth it. Freshly made cesar, cavier, like I said, worth it. Our entrees were superb, 3 had seafood, another the prime rib. We split the godiva chocolate cake and ice cream to top off the meal - then waddled out. Where were those wheel barrels when we needed them?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014The food was disappointing. The table beside us complained about something they found in their dinner.... The manger apologized to them.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2014Very nice ambiance with beautiful sunsets, outstanding architecture, good food and great salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accidental good fortuneLostinstoweDined on 3/31/2014While traveling home we decided to overnight in Daytona Beach and were more than pleasantly surprised to find the Chart House with excellent food for fish lovers and great views of the inter coastal waters. Not inexpensive, but the King Salmon house specialty was seared perfectly and served over shaved veggies. My wife's shrimp dish was equally good and you can't miss with a gigantic mud pie for dessert. Drinks were also generous. The only downer was a poorly trained waitress that didn't understand that when a patron asks for something special not on the menu the response should be " Great, let me go and speak to the chef". Not "we don't do that". When I urged her to speak with the kitchen they were more than happy to accommodate me.Special Features:
- 5 For DinnerJohnTDined on 3/30/2014Overall, the food was very good, the service was diligent and the atmosphere was peaceful. I will definitely return. The salad bar was almost a meal unto itself. If I had anything negative to say, it would be the prices are unnecessarily on the high side. However, I still highly recommend the Chart House in Daytona Beach, Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBeanDined on 3/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner overlooking the water, excellent food.Special Features:
- Poor Service At BestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2014We love dining at Chart House in Daytona Beach and we dined there this past Saturday evening. Unfortunately this past visit did not meet the high standards we have come to expect. The food as usual was excellent but the service was poor. Our server did not appear until well after we were seated, service from the bar to our table was extremely slow, the wine we ordered for dinner did not appear until we were just about finished with our entrees, and most unacceptable, dishes were not bussed in a timely manner. In a word, the server was not ATTENTIVE, I will have to think twice before we visit again.Special Features:
- classicchillDined on 3/25/2014been to many CHART HOUSE locations. staff here was great! food excellent. nice view, but our table location could have been better.Special Features:
- A Fine TimeJodyDined on 3/23/2014My party of four had a very good evening. It was a first anniversary for my brother and sister in law so we decided to meet at Charthouse.... My brother and his lovely wife are from Virginia and we are from south western Florida so this proved to be common ground for where both groups were staying. From happy hour cocktails (just fine thank you very much) through a surprise anniversary desert all went perfectly smoothly. Though we are seafood lovers the duo from VA are more meat and poultry fans -- the menu though a bit limited for them was still found to be perfectly fine. Overall a very nice evening with a lovely view. JTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, learned from previousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014Great view, learned from previous visits dining on the salad bar (with caviar) and a few appetizers is the way to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceShoedogDined on 3/22/2014Really a disapointment the service was that of a diner! Brought a basket of bread as they were clearing the plates took 15 minutes to get a drink and menus! The food was good but waited forever. For the prices that they charge should be impeccable service Very disappointing!
- Very Good RestauantBalloonArtistDined on 3/20/2014The Chart House is in a notably unique 8-sided building on the harbor. Very good service and very good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, wonderful saladluv2dineDined on 3/19/2014Great dinner, wonderful salad bar. Happy hour poor, had to wait over 1/2 hr for drinks by then table ready and had to eat appetizer very quickly. Well Vodka terrible/would not go to happy hour again but would go to restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakalicioustoni1019Dined on 3/17/2014awesome new york strip steak.. i had enough for 2 days.. loved the molten chocolate cake alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.