Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
300 Second Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4102687166x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm , Sunday: 10am - 9pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm; Happy Hour Sunday - Friday in Lounge 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacasse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
A favorite dining location in Annapolis for over 25 years, Chart House is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located on Spa Creek in the Eastport area. It occupies the former John Trumpy & Son boathouse & offers uncompromising views of the Annapolis Historic District, the Maryland State House & the United States Naval Academy. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (259)special occasion (204)romantic (121)good for groups (95)fit for foodies (76)great for brunch (76)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (49)great for lunch (39)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (22)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (9)Show More
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Our food was room temp when we got it. Our server didn't ask if anyone needed drink refills. We will not go back to The Chart House in Annapolis.
- BeautifulMaryLowDined on 8/13/2014We ate in the Lounge and even tho' all the seats beside windows were taken, we still had a great view of the harbor. The place was packed, but our server was attentive - great Happy Hour deals - tempura shrimp with avocado! A pomegranate-tini was one of the best drinks ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food CommentMike1Dined on 8/10/2014A few months ago, we had a fantastic fish meal (Macadamian encrusted Mahi) and recommended it to our accompanying family. Unfortunately, this time the fish was not fresh and the sauce fell short of what we had previously enjoyed. The staff made good on a replacement dish but the fact that had to be done was disappointing.Special Features:
- GreatElizabethADined on 8/8/2014Wonderful food service and views. A la carte gets pricey but worthy of a special occasion like PW with our plebe. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewCaptnMateDined on 8/4/2014Looking for a nice spot for dinner? Maybe with a view of Annapolis harbor? Great spot for drinks with friends or a more formal dining experience. Have frequented this iconic restaurant for years and the quality has remained memorable, not something you can take for granted. Would I recommend it? Yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGraybeardDined on 8/3/2014We were there last year for my wife's birthday and returned again this year. Service was under Par-Server was more interested in a Rick Black couple than serving us. He spent time lingering art their table. Crab cakes were not to my wife's liking either. Salad bar was great as well as location.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodnwineDined on 8/2/2014the restaurant is BIG and busy! most staff are young so some of them lack experience so a few things were forgotten, hopefully they will improve with more experience. Food was much better than expected and we were expecting it to be pretty good! it was SO delicious. The margarita was one of the best we've had. the baked Chesapeake oysters were amazing and very filling. my snapper hemingway was so good but sadly I couldn't eat it all due to the oysters, but because it was so good I actually took the rest of it home which I NEVER do. my wife's Macadamia crusted Mahi was also amazing. other great thing about the restaurant is the water taxi stops right outside. whole experience was wonderful and definitely going backSpecial Features:
- 2010 - 2011 whatever it takesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/2/2014As far as chain restaurant goes, chart house always delivers consistent quality food. My only gripe is when I ordered wine and was brought a different vintage than what was advertised. I brought this to my waiters attention and he said the manager get the wine and my vintage was unavailable on the first bottle. However, the second bottle was the vintage advertised on the menu. I made a comment to the waiter but no manager ever addressed it with me. Overall you go to this place for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been bettertjbhoDined on 8/2/2014Really nice wine by glass list and good seafood. the Chart House is a nice destination special occasion restaurant. However, the waitress, was rushed, and abrupt. She seemed to lack the ability/ desire to engage, inform and serve. At prices that scream indulgence, she failed to rise to that level.Special Features:
- Gorgeous setting/inconsistent foodCmans6282Dined on 7/31/2014The restaurant itself is Beautiful-warm golds, reds, incredible views. The salad bar had wilted greens, fruits were fair, plates had to be rifled through to find a clean one and then handled very gingerly as they remained frozen for a few minutes. Some of the dressings were so cold they congealed. My husbands prime rib was one of the best he's had but my 'medium well' marinated steak was beyond well done and the Yukon potatoes were cold and tasteless. A gentleman in our group received one paltry rib for his $30+ fare. It was a Thursday night in Annapolis and we couldn't get reservations at Carol's Creek (sp?). There was no noise level as we were one of maybe half a dozen groups if that. Let me know when it's got a new chef and management.
- Inconsistent ExperienceExperiencedDinerDined on 7/28/2014After a tremendous dining experience at the Chart House in Alexandria, I assumed I would have the exact same experience at the Chart House in Annapolis. Boy, was I WRONG! We were a large party celebrating the Family Patriarch's 70th Birthday. The only highlight was the host (Krista) who did a great job setting up our special evening. From there everything went downhill. Our server was slow and poorly trained. Although the restaurant was practically empty, we received lukewarm food. Lesson learned? You can't expect the same experience from one Chart House to another.Special Features:
- Always fantasticAmanda1976Dined on 7/27/2014Chart House is somewhere I take people that I want to share a really fantastic and memorable dinner with. Everything about the dining experience is pure perfection. The view can not be beat! Food is impeccable. Every staff member, from front desk reception to management to wait staff, are professional, kind, and accomodating. I HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We had a very enjoyable birthday celebration with a great view of Annapolis.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceLveChtHseDined on 7/26/2014Seating, Service, Food and pricing were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DdineDined on 7/26/2014Left a message on open table about this being my wife's birthday and they did not get messageSpecial Features:
- Beautiful location, Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I made a reservation at Chart House to celebrate a special occassion, and we had a great experience. The food and service was wonderful. Everything tasted great. We also had a great view of the boats and the water from our table inside, which was just beautiful. Other than the loud table of four seated next to us, it was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent food and tremendous service! The chef even came out and reviewed the menu with us because my mom has so many allergies! Completely awesome all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This was our first experience dining at the Chart House and we were very impressed from start to finish. The online reservations process was very easy and once we arrived, we were quickly seated near a window with a gorgeous view of the harbor. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. We were able to have conversation without interruption from noise and enjoyed great food and excellent service, and had a memorable evening at the Chart House. We highly the Chart House restaurant and look forward to returning soon..Special Features:
- Poor serviceNAptownDined on 7/24/2014We were celebrating a friend's birthday. After finishing our dinner, our waiter seem to disappear for a half hour. I had to go to the front for assistance to locate him. Review would have been higher if the service was better.Special Features:
- Good but priceysailorDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant is in a nice setting on Annapolis Harbor with access by car and water taxi. Food is good but somewhat on the pricey side, especially if you add in the salad bar and ala carte side dishes. The seating area is very large so there isn't a real intimate feel.Special Features:
- Pretty ordinary experience - top $OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Special occasion celebration for a group.. The table was jammed up against the wall and some of the flatware was missing. The waiter wasn't bad, but he wasn't great. Huge delay between clearing the main plates and offering coffee and dessert. There were definitely a few misfires from the kitchen. Several of the fish dishes were disappointing. Chart House used to be a steak house, but the filet was dry and had a salty rub that overpowered the flavor of the beef. $500, for 8 people, with only 2 cocktails, 2 glasses of cheap wine and 2 desserts. They really need to step up, particularly in the kitchen, for extravagant pricing. Back to Ruth Chris next time instead of Chart House.Special Features:
- FantasticWaterviewerDined on 7/20/2014The view and the food was wonderful! So much food. Great brunch bargain.Special Features:
- Great viewVickiPVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is always perfect. We had a new server so we werent too happy with her but over all another great visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterXNRfunkymunkyDined on 7/18/2014Service was great however the good could have been a lot better for the price. Food was cold.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2014food was very good. very friendly staff and excellent ambience. would definitely recommend. really enjoyed the customized menu celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Brunch with friends.HeptonDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is a lovely place for friends and family to meet for brunch. There is the best salad/ fruit bar with something for everyone - young and old. The menu has Brunch only selections plus the Chart House full menu. Staff were attentive and eager to please. The location is great in Eastport with plenty of parking and the view is excellent surrounded by Annapolis Maritime. Apart from the salad bar which gets 5 stars, the brunch entrees are a little tired with only a 3 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Was GreatJonTanDined on 7/13/2014The service was great, the congratulations on the Menu was outstanding and my family had a very enjoyable experience. Can't wait until our next dining experience at the Chart HouseSpecial Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Six people who had different meals and everyone was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Liz was our server and she was fantastic. This was a night out for our anniversary and the dining experience was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I went here for a quiet evening. The service was friendly. Food was good. Casual atmosphere. They even offered free dessert for my birthday. This restaurant is always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok. The Ambience awesome!SabrinaDined on 7/11/2014Food still isn't up to par...must do better! This is my 3rd time patronizing your restaurant and the food is not flavored properly and portions are very small for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing views of AnnapolisOzietwinDined on 7/6/2014We were lucky and received a window table. During appetizers and a nice glass of wine, we watched the sun set over Annapolis Harbor. The food was excellent and service perfect!Special Features:
- Mediocre Food and ServiceFrankDined on 7/5/2014I had given up on the Chart House. My wife wanted to take her kids there and I thought they might enjoy the boat house atmosphere. Food and service were OK but for Chart House prices this is not good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itlindsaysarahVIPDined on 7/5/2014Dined here to celebrate a special occasion and so glad we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewSpriggsDined on 7/5/2014Offers one of the best settings for dinner in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AirmanDined on 7/3/2014This is an outstanding restaurant with outstanding service, food and wine along with a fantastic location and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedWmTeeDined on 7/2/2014I did not enjoy the fish the waitress recommended, and there was a dead fly in the yogurt on the salad bar. What was great was that the waitress and manager both strongly apologized.
- Chart House - AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014Great evening and very good food. It was our first visit to the Chart House in Annapolis. We were dropping off our son at school and we plan over the next four years to eat a meal at the Chart House every visit. The GM - Tom Finnan came to our table and introduced himself and congratulated our son. Additionally, the restaurant added a very touching note at the top of the menu in regards to our son. Very thoughtful - I posted a picture of the menu with the note at the top of the menu on Facebook and recommended the restaurant to anyone visiting the area. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Sunday Dinner Chart House AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The restaurant has been a consistent performer for occasional dining over last 30 years. Also a local favorite for special occasions due to waterfront location, windowed bar and dining room, spaciousness and casual elegance (not chaotic casual) ambiance and nautical theme. Food and service have been consistent and quite good. Prices are not inexpensive, and you can pay less for equivalent wine and food quality (or quite a bit more) depending on city and venue. My mother considers the salad bar a key attraction, the rest of us find the seafood choices interesting and quite satisfying both in the preparation and presentation (though the latter is generally not in the vain of fine cuisine). Fresh catch. Meaty cream of crab. Lovely bar.Special Features:
- Brunch on Staycationkr77Dined on 6/29/2014My wife and I decided to take a few weeks off and explore the list if places in Maryland that we just never made time for. Chart House was on the list and we decided to go for Sunday brunch when it was less busy due to reviews of noise leave and questionable service at dinner time. We arrived at 10am to a nearly empty restaurant and chose a table right next to the bay windows. Our waitress was very attentive even as more customers arrived. The salad bar and entries were fresh and prepared well. I had tenderloin eggs Benedict and my wife had the hazelnut French toast. With $1 mimosas, we sat and chatted until about 11:30am in enjoyable atmosphere with a great view. Five stars for this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.