Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
121 Bridge St
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bluemarlinami.com/
- Phone: 9418969737x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer Live Local music outside in our courtyard on Friday & Saturday nights from 7:00-10:00 weather permitting. Check our website & facebook for special events
- Cross Street: Gulf Drive
- Public Transit: There is a trolley stop at the beach end of Bridge St that requires a short walk East & the trolley runs until 10:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: if you cant find a parking spot on Bridge St please pull to the front door & wait for the golf cart to show you our parking lot. We will bring you back & forth to your car. There is a public lot across the street at the Post Office, just don"t use the handicap spot unless you have appropriate documentation.
A word from Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
Located in an original 1920,s cottage on historic Bridge St , the Blue Marlin is dedicated to serving only the freshest local seafood & hearty fair. Our commitment is to bring you the best product the Gulf Coast has to offer. Our courtyard, "The Trap Yard", offers local, live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach - Best Restaurants in Bradenton ›
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (76)special occasion (52)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (28)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (13)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent fish dinners. staff is very friendly and attentive. Our third visit and we will definite return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As fresh as it get!FlgirlDined on 7/8/2014The owner personally selects the fresh fish that was caught that day. We had the two grouper specials. They were tender, flavorful, and prepared wonderfully. The service was great; the waiter knew what he was talking about and his recommendations were good. Great dinning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMegbd17VIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant is quaint and casual with beer and wine service. The decor and atmosphere was so cute. All of our party 7 of us were extremely pleased with our selections. The kids ate all of their seafood as well too! Definitely recommend the oyster chowder and Thai snapper!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014This is a nice restaurant with a good menu, service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in every aspect.DinnerForTwoDined on 6/30/2014Honestly, everything was simply wonderful. The cutest restaurant. Extremely wonderful staff. Food was fantastic and very fresh. We were there while a very bad storm was going on and the staff took the time to reassure me that all was fine.Special Features:
- WeekendGetawayerDined on 6/27/2014Overall experience was about a 3.0. Reservations were right on time, but we sat right by the front door, so there was constant traffic. My wife and I were surprised that they did not serve pre-meal bread, but rather seasoned edemame... We hate edemame. The smoked Bbq chic wings were a bit dry. The local fresh catch of black grouper and American Red snapper was very fresh. The picatta sauce was well made. My blackened fish Alfredo was ok. Sauce was a bit thin and served over spaghetti. Would have preferred a linguine or an angel hair... but it did come with a garlic baguette slice. Salad of greens with rasp vinaigrette, crumbled Bleu cheese was delicious. Service was pleasant but seemed distracted and forgetful.
- great service and even better food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Surprise find!! Unique menu choices ....as well as the wine choices. Service and atmosphere made for a very relaxing experience. We decided to dine here twice on our 7 day vacation. The second time they were very busy and the owner ended up waiting on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okay . . .GoodFoodRulesDined on 6/21/2014for the high prices. Twenty nine dollars for a small piece of grouper, lacking in flavor, with a minuscule hush puppy, and not even a piece of bread. Waitstaff acted like it was a bother to serve us. Especially when I asked for recommendations. I rather have dinner where my wife and I are treated as an equal, as opposed to lower than a snooty waitress. It was interesting because she was selected to train an nice young lady that evening. The owner should hire a consultant to correct attitudes. By the way, I rarely take the time to write reviews.
- Great Birthday venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Friendly folks, gourmet menu, very fresh fish, super casual.Special Features:
- We came back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Visited for the first time in 2012 and couldn't wait to get again this time around. Food is excellent! Peach and tomato salad? Who knew that would be the find of the night. Even came back the next night for takeout! Our server was very attentive and fun too! Thanks Blue Marlin for making our visit worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & FantasticMcFarmFoodie11Dined on 6/19/2014As promised, the fresh fish was the star of Blue Marlin's menu. They were featuring both Red Snapper and Grouper the evening we dined, and our party of 7 chose a mix of their three signature styles -- Piccata, Fulford, and Thai. All were well-received, all were delicious. The side dishes were excellent as well. We highly recommend the brussel sprouts and the cornbread. Perhaps eclipsing the entire meal was the surprising Bread Pudding for dessert, with a caramel sauce that just dared you to lick the plate. In all, a wonderful meal, and excellent service. Be warned - parking is tricky. On a Thursday evening there was absolutely no parking available. Thankfully, Blue Marlin has a clever pseudo-valet system that worked rather efficiently.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedAnnaMariaVacationerDined on 6/15/2014Blue Marlin came highly recommended online, so we were very surprised at what transpired during our dinner. To start, we sat at a very wobbly, tiny table that felt cheap and out of place. The ambiance of the restaurant certainly did not fit the price of the menu. We ordered a $12 appetizer, expecting a nice full plate, but we were served a tiny amount. Dinner was significantly worse- overpriced and under-seasoned. Also, the restaurant serves edamame instead of a bread course. This was both alarming and unenjoyable. We were not impressed at all and will not return. I can say our waitress was very sweet and was one of the few highlights. Otherwise, I am not sure how this restaurant has received such kind reviews.
- enjoyed our late 9:00 supperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014I recommend getting reservations. Blue Marlin is small and busy. I ordered the GLT which is grouper, lettuce and fried green tomato on a bun. Delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous seafoodshcranespalDined on 6/13/2014You won't get anything fresher than the seafood entrees at Blue Marlin. Great service, too -- much better than the last time, when we waited forever...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014We live in Palmetto and how did we ever overlook Blue Marlin? We all agreed as to why we would not come here in tourist season as you probably could not get in. As year round residents we will dine here and recommend Blue Marlin to all of our friends because tonight`s meal was over the top. We all had grouper and we need to come back soon to try the snapper as if it is anything like the grouper tonight, it must be delicious. Truly a great seafood restaurant without the trappings of breaded, fried fish. Edamame as a starter in place of bread, what a nice experience. The fact that Blue Marlin offers two size portions of the entree was great so we were able to eat well without being uncomfortably stuffed. Loved it!Special Features:
- Blue Marlin is yummy!GoldiDined on 6/10/2014Love the Blue Marlin Restaurant! We grew up in bradenton now we live in California and this is our 2nd visit & just love it! Great food & staff! We will be back for sure out next visit to Bradenton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Walking into the Blue Marlin feels like going home. It is well-appointed but comfortable, charmingly decorated with an assortment of nautically-themed pieces and paintings by local artists. It feels like someone's eclectic but very stylish living room. Service is warm and personable. The staff is able to make very knowledgeable and well-informed wine recommendations. And the food is simply perfect. I have spent my entire life eating seafood and have never had more perfectly cooked fish. The pecan-crusted grouper was just beautifully prepared, and the shrimp in the shrimp and grits were flawless. I would go back every night if I could.Special Features:
- lanforaDined on 6/1/2014Consistently a terrific seafood restaurant. Fish is soooo fresh and always local. The shrimp and grits are outstanding. Service is very friendly and the servers know the menu! Hard to pick a favorite among the choices after you've selected your fish of the day. The Fulford is always delicious but I've come to crave the Thai preparation.......just spicy enough.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 5/31/2014Excellent neighborhood find. Great to have front door valet via golf cart. Wonderful fish and local charm. one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FishRikkyDined on 5/30/2014Great, locally caught, fresh fish! Yum, yum, yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOrangesDined on 5/28/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. Cozy atmosphere, friendly service and amazing food. The shrimp & grits is delicious! I plan on returning as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for fresh catchYumeFishDined on 5/25/2014This was the best fresh fish on the island. A great selection, and prepared perfectly. We will be back again next year!Special Features:
- WonderfulJudeeVIPDined on 5/23/2014Loved your food. Linguini was fabulous! Took my out of town guests to your cute restaurant & they absolutely loved it! Service was great too! Can you publish daily specials on your website? Would like to know when you have hog snapper....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014Very good food, I always get the chicken thighs and love them, good band playing outside.Special Features:
- Best Seafood ChowderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014This little restaurant is awesome... I've eaten there 5 or 6 times and always try to go when I'm close.Special Features:
- Great island dining.EllaDined on 5/22/2014The Blue Marlin is small but is charming since it is located inside a 1920's cottage with a bright blue exterior. Tucked away on Bridge St. on Bradenton Beach it is very popular with vacationers as well as locals. The seafood is fresh - right off the local fishing boats and prepared in very creative ways. The cauliflower au gratin appetizer is extraordinary!! Try the key lime crème brulee for dessert. WOW!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach reviews archive.
- Off the charts excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This is our go to place when we are down in AMI.Special Features:
- Two very enjoyable eveningsMindTheGapDined on 5/16/2014We've been on holiday in Anna Maria and enjoyed our dinner at the Blue Marlin so much on our first visit we came back again during our stay. The service and the food were superb and we will certainly be back when we visit Anna Maria again. We particularly like the live music in the Trap Yard.Special Features:
- new favorite dining spotJuliefromOCDined on 5/16/2014Amazing dinner spot! My group of 6 sat outside fit an early dinner and all of us loved this restaurant. We were vacationing and unfortunately found this little gem on out last night, otherwise would have been back for several other meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue MarilinKarenSVIPDined on 5/13/2014Another great meal, love this place..well thought out, good menu, good service...love it!Special Features:
- Underrated gemMilktoastedDined on 5/11/2014Best restaurant on the island. Fantastic food. Perfect blend of Southern comfort foods and seafood (try the scallop/pulled pork appetizer. Oh. My. God.), without being the slightest bit pretentious. Staff are fantastic. Atmosphere is relaxed, island-style. AND, live bluegrass music! What the heck?! Best. Restaurant. EVER! So, please don't go too often, because I don't want to wait in line. :)Special Features:
- One of our new favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The service was perfect. She didn't forget us or hover. Our server gave us recommendations as this was our first time dining here and the food was excellent. Our daughter loved the blackened fish alfredo. We will definitely be back with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughSeekingScrumptiousDined on 5/2/2014We made a pact with neighbors to spice up our weekly movie and dinner date by finding a new restaurant every week for two months. We take turns picking both the movie and the restaurant. This is an adventure I recommend heartily because it leads to finds like the Blue Marlin. Like most beach venues, the place is unpretentious and casual, but also small, cozy, and quiet. Plus it boasts an interesting menu, a nice wine list, and a knowledgeable and attentive staff. We thoroughly enjoyed the seared scallops on a bed of risotto with asparagus. One of our companions ordered shrimp on a bed of cheesy grits, the other had grouper with seasoned rice. The French influence was evident in each dish. A reprise is definitely in our future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want seperate checks? Don't ask!!OljimDined on 5/2/2014Had been there previously and liked it a lot. Brought 2 other couples this time and everything was fine until the server brought our check and had not followed our earlier instructions for 3 separate checks. She became very rude even as far as to say they "rarely have such request" and that their "computer system was old" and made it very difficult to do separate checks and it messed the kitchen up blah, blah, blah!! Have not had this issue with a restaurant in years but the server and manager (?) attitude was just uncalled for. None of us will go back....plenty of places on AMI that have no issue splitting checks!!Special Features:
- A KeepercgsilverworksDined on 4/30/2014Great food....great wine....friendly attentive staff...unique food offering overseen by chef and the owner...how can it get any better than that....the reservation system works great and the confirmation by email is a plus.....our first visit and we really like the place...will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!VinceDined on 4/29/2014Not our first time at Blue Marlin. The food is fresh and expertly prepared. Service is excellent. Jill was fabulous. If you are in the area, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly serviceRitaMDined on 4/28/2014The food is one of the best around in this area. Quirky place with good ambiance. Friendly helpful staffSpecial Features:
- Favorite Resturant on AMIFishfanaticDined on 4/26/2014Great fresh seafood, nice atmosphere a little on the rustic side. We have yet to be disappointed. Only the freshest of fish served so the menu may change daily depending what is was caught that day. Very quiet even sitting next to a table of 6. The Wait staff are attentive not overbearing and proud of their offerings as they should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new job celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had a Saturday evening date night to celebrate my new job. Blue Marlin lived up to its reputation....awesome food and service. It's a hidden gem in Bradenton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Once again we had a delicious dinner at Blue Marlin. The service was great and staff was very friendly. We look forward to dining there again.I would recommend this to a friend.